STERIS Corporation

STERIS Corporation Employer Reviews

Too much turnover in marketing dept.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Mentor, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: constant challenges and opportunities to learn
Cons: no job security
No growth opportunities. Stagnant work place. Executive mgmt rules by fear to get projects completed which are never on time nor on target. Management does not practice what they preach.
Productive work culture. Everyone is very friendly and works together to achieve company goals.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Great company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 9, 2014
This company offered so many great things to it's employees which I feel boosted the moral. There was a gym onsite with no membership fees. There were various kitchenettes around the building which offered free coffee/tea. Great,great company.
Nice work Environment; Low Wages
Material Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 12, 2014
Steris Corporation's positions are multifaceted. Employees are expected to multitask and frequency asked to display skills not consistent with position classification. Extensive internal and external communication is used daily; management does a good job of reiterating the company's mold for safety. Great co-workers, family oriented environment with – more... lower end competitive wages and few advancement opportunities. – less
Overall a good place to begin a career
Analyst (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: inconsistencies between management
STERIS is a great place to begin a career and they promote further learning.
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Facility Engineer / Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great team of people - managers and hourly employees
Cons: the closing of my/our manufacturing facility on hopkins road
I continue to enjoy working for Steris. Unfortunately a company decision to close the Manufacturing Facility puts me in the position to actively seek other opportunities.
Fun job to go to everyday
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Medina, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
This Company was fun to work for, everyone felt like family, we worked as a team
Wonderful Floor Managment and great break room enviroment
Tig Welder (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: losts of hours and friendly work enviroment
I really loved working for Steris. I recently worked as a welder for the Mentor manufacturing department and enjoyed going to work each day. The mandatory hours are not compatible with my family life at this time and I had to resign. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for great benefits and an opportunity for overtime.
The work was interesting , but culture and atmosphere could be stressfull.
Lead Quality Systems Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 16, 2014
Pros: the hours and benefits were decent.
Cons: management and rules changed frequently. there was often conflict within and between departments.
A typical day was fast paced and energetic. Most coworkers were great to work with and I developed some good relationships.
This Company is not for me
Continuous Improvement Designer temporary (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers are good to work with
I have been working for them for almost 2 years as a temporary employee & for a year been promised a permanent position, not yet happened
Great company
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Great company for engineers. Excellent R&D division. Management could be more aligned with the business unit to steam line product development process.
Company sucks
Circ (Former Employee), EverywhereFebruary 8, 2014
Cons: everything where do i start?
First of all let me start off by saying that this company only cares about numbers. They can careless about you as a person. Second of all Management is very poorly trained and only cares about themselves! Very unprofessional! If your looking to get in the medical field PLEASE look at other companies first before you apply. Third of all Salaries are – more... very low for the industry. You will find other companies in the same industry that pay double the pay with less misery. Always getting shorted hours and travel way to much for the pay. They have purchased other companies in the past couple of years and treated the employees from the purchased companies like trash. They also promise the world to you and when review time comes you will receive nothing. The number one thing in a company is integrity and STERIS has none. I rate this company from 1-10 and i give them a zero. I hope this helps before you apply to this company or any other company they have purchased! Good luck – less
Great Company
Integration Technician 1 (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 20, 2013
I travel about 90% of my work. great Benefits package Company vehicle
Enjoyed my time at Steris.
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 11, 2013
Really liked my job at Steris but unfortunately, the company closed in Erie, PA and moved to Mentor, OH. I was unable to relocate due to family.
Excellent company to work for and great atmosphere
Field Service Representative II (Current Employee), Austin TX for San Antonio TX DistrictJuly 24, 2013
Pros: independent field service representative
Cons: talk to me about it would you!
Ambassador for STERIS Corporation--you are the face of the company and our success is reliant upon our relationships with our customers. Day to day operations would include fielding customer questions and problems, scheduling service and preventive maintenance, quoting sales which includes but is not limited to--supplies, equipment, specialty services, – more... contracts and parts. Work out of home office with company vehicle, computer, and cell phone. Maintain operations and efficiency of our contracted equipment and generate revenue with new sales and service opportunities as relationships and loyalty have been built with each customer. – less
STERIS departments did not work well together. Fought each other constantly so as not to have to take responsibility.
R & D Sr. Designer (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 15, 2013
Pros: 9 hour workdays monday through thursday. 4 hours on friday.
Cons: see comments in review section.
Left STERIS Corp. after 24 years of service. When I first started, it was American Sterilizer. Well respected name in the medical industry. STERIS bought American Sterilizer for the same reason it bought any company. And that was to buy into existing market and put their name on it. The one thing they started on their own (System 1) was developed with – more... fabricated data that led to FDA closely scrutinizing all products. For this, corporate put tighter requirements on rest of company for their mistakes.

Departments do not work well together. Manufacturing facility in Montgomery fought R&D constantly although R&D was supplying them with money making products. As a result, R&D of Montgomery was shut down and absorbed into Current Products.

Lean events done for past 10 years. Saw much waste as a result due to items being thrown away because they were deemed unnecessary by one lean team only to be seen as necessary by another and as a result, the said item(s) would have to be recreated at added expense. Went as far as making office personnel, that don't share desk with others, to label where everything goes. I.E. staplers, phone, keyboards, etc. Would grade each person with something they called "T-Cards" at the end of each day.

Introduced a PLM (Product Life Management) system for Pro-E that was near impossible to use and caused more problems than it solved. Basically spent more time trying to get software to do what you wanted it to do than time spent on doing design work. – less
Great place!
Manager, Sales Training & Development (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJune 25, 2013
Pros: growth company
Cons: growing pains
Challenging, rewarding environment to be part of. Busy work environment!
I got to be my own boss.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 3, 2013
Because I worked out of my own house while doing this job and I had such a large area that I covered, direct supervision was impossible. I had to schedule visits with clients, talk them through problems that occurred, and perform maintenance on a regular basis. The job did entail a lot of travel, but I was home most weekends.
production labor
Machine Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2013
really enjoyed meeting all the production challenges that i faced.learned alot.
Things are not what they used to be
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: culture
Years ago, it was a great company, things changed with the arrival of the "efficiency experts"
The rest is history.

About STERIS Corporation

STERIS Corporation (STERIS), together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination – Read more