STERIS Corporation Employee Reviews

Too much traveling
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 28, 2017
Way too much traveling compared to what I was told prior to taking this job. I was given a days notice that I would be gone for an entire week. As a single father this job was not a good fit.
Good Place to Work
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 14, 2017
I've been working for Steris for a few years now. It seems to be a good place to work. I will say that when you advance into a new job, you still often do your past jobs also. Overall, it's a good place to work.
Produces Hospital Equipment
Key person in one year (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYNovember 8, 2017
this is a great place to work if you like the factory atmosphere.Employees are treated well and there is a level of job security that you can enjoy. Would go back here in a minute.
Nice place but poor management
BI/CI Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 22, 2017
This is a nice, clean place to work. The reason I left is because of poor management where the supervisor likes to pit everyone against each other to cause problems. The supervisor in the building I was employed at likes to fabricate the truth and wants you to collaborate his story when you know its not true. He does not portray a good supervisor because he talks about others reviews with other production and instead of being a boss he is more worried about being liked and having friends.
Pros
benefits, wadges, hours
Cons
management
Manufacturing Intern
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHOctober 15, 2017
Good opportunity as a intern to perform a variety of projects to improve the manufacturing process and implement lean manufacturing techniques. Good management support.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Manufacturing separated from design
A great place to start a career.
QC Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2017
Steris offers a stable income. Employees are tenured, with some of them over 40 years service with the company.
Promotions are hard to come by and raises are at low market rate.
You have access to training and developing new job skills, but are told unfortunately, that there are not any chances of advancing in your department.

The best thing about Steris is, that we have Flexible hours!
The hardest part is working hard and gaining new skills and not being rewarded for acquiring new skills and knowledge.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Great bosses, employees, Good benefits, career advancement, school tuition paid 80%/20%. Fast paced, college credit hours for additional classes, management placement.
Pros
Career advancement, free lunches, fun place to work
Fast paced
Customer Service/Triage (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 11, 2017
My experiences in HR, Customer Service and Triage were all very pleasant experiences. Co-workers and environment were very friendly and good team relationships.
Pros
Hours of work defined
Cons
Advancement opportunities poor
Leading edge
Project Manager, Capital Equipment (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 23, 2017
Development of new products and services were a focus of the company. Innovation and product development are supported.

Ability to take an idea and grow is supported.
A lot of not needed stress
Veterinary Surgical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2017
STERIS was a decent company to work for until they had the department I work for acquired new management. It became a very stressful, hateful, and unappreciated work environment.
Pros
Salary, Health care, Commission
Cons
horrible management with my division
Interesting place to work
Flexible Quality Technician I and Technician II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 31, 2017
Estimating incoming equipment for needed repairs. Checking repaired equipment before it is shipped back to the customer.

Learned a lot about the inner workings of medical device repairs.
Current middle management is under trained.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other employees.
Amazing
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saxonburg, PAJuly 24, 2017
Very happy to be working for this company. People there are kind hearted and make you feel welcome. Constant positive feedback in regards to work performance. Grateful to be part of the bigger picture.
Pros
Job, People, and Pay
Cons
Been here for two months and have not found one as of yet.
Great place of employment with lots of advancement
ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 17, 2017
Steris is a great company to work for, good benefits. Lots of room for growth within the company. Nice and safe work atmosphere. Good management team that is helpful.
Pros
Growth
Cons
short breaks
Worked at Steris Montgomery for 15 years. Great place to work!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 13, 2017
Great company to work for! I enjoyed my employment. They offered excellent benefits, competitive wages, family events and great working relationships with both co-workers and management.
I only left because I relocated. If not for that I would still be there.
I read some bad reviews about Steris here and let me just say: If you are a hard worker with good work ethic. (Come to work on time, every day. Give the company a good days work) you will work out and enjoy working at Steris. If you are a slacker and can't make it to work on time or have to much drama going on in your personal life, don't even bother turning in your application, you won't make it here. If rules or guide lines upset you, don't bother turning in an application.
Pros
It;s all good!
Cons
Didn't get a company car.
Great Company
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 30, 2017
Great Company with great benefits. Growing and fast paced, good to their employees who want to work for this type of company. Great location and good support.
Pros
Great Company with good salary and benefits
Cons
none - wanted to work in hospital/institution
Lots of different products & opportunities, reliable customer base
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 18, 2017
Solid company in an industry that is near recession proof and which has deep pockets but also high expectations. Too difficult to review management and culture since this varies significantly depending on your specific department, but generally management is solid. Biggest problems are a result of loss of historic equipment knowledge in the relocation of manufacturing operations and separation of engineering and manufacturing locations.
Pros
Recession-proof customer base
Cons
Lack of cohesive global wide engineering standards
Good work/life balance
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 11, 2017
STERIS is a fun place to work with good management. We know how to work hard, but can also have a good time. Management talks to you about your skills, and where you want to grow.
Time consuming and challenging enviroment
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2017
Typical day involves heavy lifting and much needed problem solving skills. Electro-Mechanical skills learned shine on any job site. The management is lacking with its own time management skills, but is willing to work with its employees. Workplace culture is very fast paced but personable. Time away from home takes a toll on anyone but the ability to challenge yourself everyday is very rewarding.
Nasty, petty management culture
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2017
Management doesn't care about employees. They expect overtime and don't pay for it, and from day one keep HR writing people up to guarantee that they will never have to pay unemployment. I feel very uncomfortable working here and fully intend to leave as soon as I obtain a different offer.
Pros
Cons
Nasty corporate structure and culture. Bad people run this company.
great place to work but on the road a lot
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
Steris was my first real job out of the Navy. it was a technician job which is what I was use to in the Navy so the transition was easy. I enjoy working with my hands and fixing things, so it was right up my alley. But once I received my degree I thought I should focus on something in my field of study.