STERIS Corporation Employee Reviews

Maintain and repair customers sterilizers
Senior Scientific Response Technician (Former Employee) –  Northwest Indiana and Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2017
Sell preventative maintenance contracts, Maintain and repair customers sterilizers. Drive to accounts and discuss the equipment, fill out the proper preventative maintenance reports and parts service equipment.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Excessive drive times
Great place to work with few negatives
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2016
I have worked here 10 years and have seen a lot of change take place. Management continues to try to communicate with labor and improve the environment and make jobs easier. They want us to work as a team. There are nay-sayers, but everyone chooses their attitude. They want to develop their employees. The hardest part of the job is to communicate effectively to everyone. The most enjoyable part is the opportunity to learn and grow. It does stink that they just sold a large amount of their product line. Not sure of my future here.
Pros
Good benefits and opportunity to learn
Cons
benefits are increasing
Great Career Steeping Stone
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 5, 2017
STERIS is a good place to advance your career. They have a great name, reputation & every hospital has STERIS products located somewhere inside. They are on all GPO's
Pros
Good quality
Cons
Most expensive in industry
Very good company to work for.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 30, 2016
This company is growing and 99% of the time they are fair and a great company to work for. Co-workers are great, management is good, and work/life is excellent.
Pros
Salary, professional, organized
Cons
Too many unnecessary policies and procedures
Good People
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 18, 2016
Built Great Relationships with many individuals across many departments. Good solid company to work for within a solid industry. Great products with Customer first mentality. Company is growing with acquisitions.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Pay
Teamwork
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Main focus is going to be on the Customer and you need to utilize your coworkers beside you while using all of the resources that are given to you. They make sure that they give you enough information to do your job.
Training and Education Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 9, 2016
A typical day at work was always busy. I learned new skills such as advancing my Word and Excel knowledge, making travel arrangements, and scheduling clients for training classes. The hardest part of the job was the manager of the department could be difficult to work with, but not horrible.
Pros
professional atmosphere, good benefits, job security
Cons
low salary
Productive and organized.
warehouse associate(Contract) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 11, 2016
Nice Environment and staff.Safe and pleasing atmosphereHigh .Work ethics and nice payment for work.No undue pressure but to be precise in the work and good work appreciated.
Great people to work with!
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 19, 2016
Steris has talented people that are always willing to help out. A great place to work I would have stayed with the company but was unable to move out state .
Good culture with advancement opportunities.
Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 1, 2016
I had a great 17 years at STERIS, and enjoyed a lot of success. STERIS has a good culture and great people. FDA issues prompted re-organization and cut backs.
Pros
Culture, advancement and compensation.
Cons
FDA issues, quality issues.
Productive, Business Casual Work Environment
Senior Planning Designer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 24, 2015
A great place to learn the technicalities of medical equipment planning. Long days spent in front of a computer. Not strong in creative projects. More technical than creative. Awesome benefits and job security.
Pros
Great Benefits and Work Atmosphere
Cons
Sitting all day, 95% Computer work. More technical than creative.
Extremely High Turnover Rate
Prefer not to answer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 26, 2015
Management doesn't listen to any concerns raised by subordinates, and design decisions are chosen based on job title not the the merit of the design.
There is no hope of promotion here since management hires old friends from their previous company into leadership roles. These promotions are not always merited or accepted amongst other employees in the department. The displays of favoritism lower moral in the department.
There is no project planning and all projects are severely behind schedule and have inadequate resources allocated.
Employees do not feel empowered to perform their jobs, there is a high level of apathy, and unhappiness among the employees; all of these things contribute to the high turnover rate at Steris.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
buddy system, toxic work environment, poor management
Productive and inovative place to work.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 19, 2015
I started with this company just after it began. Now they are all over the world. I was employee #23. Now there are thousands of associates.
I learned so much at this business, and am grateful I was part of the original team. I was allowed to be involved with decisions for acquiring equipment, in installing new computer systems. My main job was accounts payable; reconciling two computer systems daily, checks, and as we grew I had two people working under me.
There was no hard part, as the CFO was my direct contact for 3 years and still had direction after a manager became my superior.
I loved this company, and I would not have left except to join my husband who moved to Nevada.
Pros
Other associates. Healthcare.
Physically demanding and complex, fast paced environment
Biological Indicator Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2015
A typical day would include making 6,000 biological and chemical indicators every day. I was trained in other departments shortly after starting because of my easy ability to learn. I would have to move 1,000+ pounds of pallets. I also had to be exceptionally sterile. I was in charge of making, checking, packing, and documenting all aspects of the product. My management was great, and though some of my coworkers were not team players, I still enjoyed my time with them and had very little discourse. The hardest part of the job was getting into the swing of the fast pace, and the most enjoyable part was being paid to work out!
Pros
Plethora of free food!
Cons
Physically exhausting at times
Steris Corporation
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH.April 17, 2015
Steris is a great company to work for. very knowledgeable team.
My typical day usually consisted of checking my que to see if there were any new service calls and if there were I would then call those customers and schedule a service repair time. if there were no new service calls then I would call customer to schedule preventative maintenance(PM). Then I would follow up customer that had recent repairs done and check on the status of their repair also ask them if they had any questions about their bill.
Pros
Company car. great benefits
Cons
compensation on the lower end of pay scale, not alot of advancement opportunities
Clean and Organized
Chemical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 20, 2015
The best part of the job was the laid back atmosphere, but the hardest part was being a temp. Sometimes when there was so many new temps passing through it made it hard to work, because so many people were getting hired and fired. Everyone tries to be better than everyone else and nobody just concentrated on the work that needed to be done. Some of the Team Leaders were really helpful but some just didn't care about the quality, it was just how many parts were made. I learned to keep to myself until the work I've done is completed. Every day was different but always the same in a sense.
Nice work Environment; Low Wages
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 12, 2014
Steris Corporation's positions are multifaceted. Employees are expected to multitask and frequency asked to display skills not consistent with position classification. Extensive internal and external communication is used daily; management does a good job of reiterating the company's mold for safety. Great co-workers, family oriented environment with lower end competitive wages and few advancement opportunities.
Good Company
Capital Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 3, 2013
Great Co-worker and Company. Typical day was usually extremely busy, which was wonderful. Communicated with sales reps, directors, internal employees and customers daily via telephone and emails. Update to date facility. Desk areas in my department were smaller. Nice things were hours, gym on site, kitchen access in department and a cafeteria on site. Parking was always a walk.
Management usually played favorites. They don't get to know their people on a personal level and truly care about their staff.
Training is usually in depth and in a training room/conference room.
the team/departments work together as a team especially at month end.
Pros
people, the work, benefits.
Cons
advancement opportunities
Low morale among field technicians
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMarch 12, 2012
Recent changes in lower-level management is increasingly hurting technician morale. Steris has removed many advancement opportunities by hiring managers into the organization from other industries. Turnover rate has increased as more and more people quit due to long hours and mismanagement at the district level. Plus side - benefits are decent, and job security is high due to so few technicians in the field.
Pros
benefits, job-security
Cons
poor management, no home-life
Was a good place to work but company direction is questionable. To many changes all at once.
Capital Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 22, 2012
Top brass seem to be very lack luster. They need some charismatic folks to rally the troops. Direction is not there.
To many flaws in judgment for a company of this size.
No National Sales meeting which is suppose to be time of learning and a few "way to go" "Nice job" but it was cancelled at the last minute after it was announced it was on.
If your there very long and learn a lot they dump you for a younger person if you miss plan.
Pros
great products. great benefits and training.
Cons
to many changes each year in territories, compensation. compensation program is to complex.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STERIS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9