STERIS Corporation Employee Reviews

Extremely High Turnover Rate
Prefer not to answer (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 26, 2015
Management doesn't listen to any concerns raised by subordinates, and design decisions are chosen based on job title not the the merit of the design.
There is no hope of promotion here since management hires old friends from their previous company into leadership roles. These promotions are not always merited or accepted amongst other employees in the department. The displays of favoritism lower moral in the department.
There is no project planning and all projects are severely behind schedule and have inadequate resources allocated.
Employees do not feel empowered to perform their jobs, there is a high level of apathy, and unhappiness among the employees; all of these things contribute to the high turnover rate at Steris.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
buddy system, toxic work environment, poor management
Productive Environment
Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 21, 2015
I worked with a group of four with Steris Corporation for my capstone senior design project. The management at Steris Corporation was very communicative and helpful, and it appeared that they treated their employees well.
Productive and inovative place to work.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 19, 2015
I started with this company just after it began. Now they are all over the world. I was employee #23. Now there are thousands of associates.
I learned so much at this business, and am grateful I was part of the original team. I was allowed to be involved with decisions for acquiring equipment, in installing new computer systems. My main job was accounts payable; reconciling two computer systems daily, checks, and as we grew I had two people working under me.
There was no hard part, as the CFO was my direct contact for 3 years and still had direction after a manager became my superior.
I loved this company, and I would not have left except to join my husband who moved to Nevada.
Pros
Other associates. Healthcare.
Physically demanding and complex, fast paced environment
Biological Indicator Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2015
A typical day would include making 6,000 biological and chemical indicators every day. I was trained in other departments shortly after starting because of my easy ability to learn. I would have to move 1,000+ pounds of pallets. I also had to be exceptionally sterile. I was in charge of making, checking, packing, and documenting all aspects of the product. My management was great, and though some of my coworkers were not team players, I still enjoyed my time with them and had very little discourse. The hardest part of the job was getting into the swing of the fast pace, and the most enjoyable part was being paid to work out!
Pros
Plethora of free food!
Cons
Physically exhausting at times
Good , solid company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 27, 2015
Overall, great experience. Slow decision-making at times but for all the right reasons. Would like to experience work in divisions other than strictly manufacturing however.
Steris Corporation
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH.April 17, 2015
Steris is a great company to work for. very knowledgeable team.
My typical day usually consisted of checking my que to see if there were any new service calls and if there were I would then call those customers and schedule a service repair time. if there were no new service calls then I would call customer to schedule preventative maintenance(PM). Then I would follow up customer that had recent repairs done and check on the status of their repair also ask them if they had any questions about their bill.
Pros
Company car. great benefits
Cons
compensation on the lower end of pay scale, not alot of advancement opportunities
Productive and casual
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 10, 2015
STERIS is a productive and casual place to work. I interned there and learned many valuable skills that will help me during my career path.
not a good place to be
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 26, 2015
management has no clue what is really going on at work. only worried about paper and fake numbers.over good people and just poor management.
Diverse workplace and puts safety of it's employees
OPERATING ROOM INTEGRATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, Colorado based, US Field ServiceJanuary 29, 2015
Safety is the number one priority overall. Traveling for the job is a natural part of everyday life as a National Specialist. A typical day would consist of arriving at the facility prior to surgery to be there as added support during surgery. after cases concluded for the day, I would begin troubleshooting of the system or systems in order to narrow down the root cause or causes of the problems. in the 6 years I have been there, I have positioned myself to try and learn as much about the company as a whole, not just isolate myself to one individual department.
The most difficult part of the week, is trying to be in three or sometimes four states at the same time. My schedule is typically booked a month to two months in advanced. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on education and the employees I get to work with overall.
Pros
safety, variety of equipment, employees
Cons
not enough manpower to cover the workload.
Clean and Organized
Chemical Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 20, 2015
The best part of the job was the laid back atmosphere, but the hardest part was being a temp. Sometimes when there was so many new temps passing through it made it hard to work, because so many people were getting hired and fired. Everyone tries to be better than everyone else and nobody just concentrated on the work that needed to be done. Some of the Team Leaders were really helpful but some just didn't care about the quality, it was just how many parts were made. I learned to keep to myself until the work I've done is completed. Every day was different but always the same in a sense.
Nurse Expert/Educator
Nurse Expert (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Assisted up to 6 sales representatives in 7 states to educate their clients in the correct, safe use of the company products.

Spoke at several workshops and conferences on subjects related to infection control issues as well as contagious diseases and their growing resistance to antibiotics.
Pros
the travel
Cons
mass company layoffs
Production Supervisor/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work requires long hours. The hardest part of the job is adapting to wearing a full-face breathing mask.
Medical Illustration
Freelance - Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 28, 2014
At STERIS Corporation, I was initially hired to create digital illustrations for their new HAMO endoscope line. These illustrations would depict on how to put the scopes together through wallcharts, Illustrated instructions and also being able to cross check the part on the part assessment sheets. My contract was extended to assist with the technical and instructional literature for a tutorial program for a medical reprocessing machine, Human Machine Interface (HMI®) Simulation. After the project was completed, my contract was extended further to create the package designs, labels, and instructions for two separate biological indicators. While working on these projects, I also helped in the creation of a logo design for the same medical device washer that I assisted with earlier that year.
Pros
great facility, wonderful coworkers, always something to learn and do
Cons
strict breaks & noise level
Too much turnover in marketing dept.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 22, 2014
No growth opportunities. Stagnant work place. Executive mgmt rules by fear to get projects completed which are never on time nor on target. Management does not practice what they preach.
Pros
constant challenges and opportunities to learn
Cons
no job security
Productive work culture. Everyone is very friendly and works together to achieve company goals.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Great company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 9, 2014
This company offered so many great things to it's employees which I feel boosted the moral. There was a gym onsite with no membership fees. There were various kitchenettes around the building which offered free coffee/tea. Great,great company.
Nice work Environment; Low Wages
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 12, 2014
Steris Corporation's positions are multifaceted. Employees are expected to multitask and frequency asked to display skills not consistent with position classification. Extensive internal and external communication is used daily; management does a good job of reiterating the company's mold for safety. Great co-workers, family oriented environment with lower end competitive wages and few advancement opportunities.
Overall a good place to begin a career
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 15, 2014
STERIS is a great place to begin a career and they promote further learning.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
inconsistencies between management
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Facility Engineer / Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 31, 2014
I continue to enjoy working for Steris. Unfortunately a company decision to close the Manufacturing Facility puts me in the position to actively seek other opportunities.
Pros
great team of people - managers and hourly employees
Cons
the closing of my/our manufacturing facility on hopkins road
Fun job to go to everyday
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 24, 2014
This Company was fun to work for, everyone felt like family, we worked as a team
Pros
close to home