STERIS Corporation

STERIS Corporation Employer Reviews

not a good place to be
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 26, 2015
management has no clue what is really going on at work. only worried about paper and fake numbers.over good people and just poor management.
Diverse workplace and puts safety of it's employees
OPERATING ROOM INTEGRATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver, Colorado based, US Field ServiceJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: safety, variety of equipment, employees
Cons: not enough manpower to cover the workload.
Safety is the number one priority overall. Traveling for the job is a natural part of everyday life as a National Specialist. A typical day would consist of arriving at the facility prior to surgery to be there as added support during surgery. after cases concluded for the day, I would begin troubleshooting of the system or systems in order to narrow down the root cause or causes of the problems. in the 6 years I have been there, I have positioned myself to try and learn as much about the company as a whole, not just isolate myself to one individual department.
The most difficult part of the week, is trying to be in three or sometimes four states at the same time. My schedule is typically booked a month to two months in advanced. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on education and the employees I get to work with overall.
Clean and Organized
Chemical Packaging (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJanuary 20, 2015
The best part of the job was the laid back atmosphere, but the hardest part was being a temp. Sometimes when there was so many new temps passing through it made it hard to work, because so many people were getting hired and fired. Everyone tries to be better than everyone else and nobody just concentrated on the work that needed to be done. Some of the Team Leaders were really helpful but some just didn't care about the quality, it was just how many parts were made. I learned to keep to myself until the work I've done is completed. Every day was different but always the same in a sense.
Nurse Expert/Educator
Nurse Expert (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the travel
Cons: mass company layoffs
Assisted up to 6 sales representatives in 7 states to educate their clients in the correct, safe use of the company products.

Spoke at several workshops and conferences on subjects related to infection control issues as well as contagious diseases and their growing resistance to antibiotics.
Production Supervisor/Shift Leader (Current Employee), South Plainfield, NJJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work requires long hours. The hardest part of the job is adapting to wearing a full-face breathing mask.
Medical Illustration
Freelance - Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Mentor, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great facility, wonderful coworkers, always something to learn and do
Cons: strict breaks & noise level
At STERIS Corporation, I was initially hired to create digital illustrations for their new HAMO endoscope line. These illustrations would depict on how to put the scopes together through wallcharts, Illustrated instructions and also being able to cross check the part on the part assessment sheets. My contract was extended to assist with the technical and instructional literature for a tutorial program for a medical reprocessing machine, Human Machine Interface (HMI®) Simulation. After the project was completed, my contract was extended further to create the package designs, labels, and instructions for two separate biological indicators. While working on these projects, I also helped in the creation of a logo design for the same medical device washer that I assisted with earlier that year.
Too much turnover in marketing dept.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Mentor, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: constant challenges and opportunities to learn
Cons: no job security
No growth opportunities. Stagnant work place. Executive mgmt rules by fear to get projects completed which are never on time nor on target. Management does not practice what they preach.
Productive work culture. Everyone is very friendly and works together to achieve company goals.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Great company to work for
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 9, 2014
This company offered so many great things to it's employees which I feel boosted the moral. There was a gym onsite with no membership fees. There were various kitchenettes around the building which offered free coffee/tea. Great,great company.
Nice work Environment; Low Wages
Material Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 12, 2014
Steris Corporation's positions are multifaceted. Employees are expected to multitask and frequency asked to display skills not consistent with position classification. Extensive internal and external communication is used daily; management does a good job of reiterating the company's mold for safety. Great co-workers, family oriented environment with lower end competitive wages and few advancement opportunities.
Overall a good place to begin a career
Analyst (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: inconsistencies between management
STERIS is a great place to begin a career and they promote further learning.
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Facility Engineer / Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great team of people - managers and hourly employees
Cons: the closing of my/our manufacturing facility on hopkins road
I continue to enjoy working for Steris. Unfortunately a company decision to close the Manufacturing Facility puts me in the position to actively seek other opportunities.
Fun job to go to everyday
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Medina, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
This Company was fun to work for, everyone felt like family, we worked as a team
Wonderful Floor Managment and great break room enviroment
Tig Welder (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 20, 2014
Pros: losts of hours and friendly work enviroment
I really loved working for Steris. I recently worked as a welder for the Mentor manufacturing department and enjoyed going to work each day. The mandatory hours are not compatible with my family life at this time and I had to resign. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for great benefits and an opportunity for overtime.
The work was interesting , but culture and atmosphere could be stressfull.
Lead Quality Systems Lab Technician (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 16, 2014
Pros: the hours and benefits were decent.
Cons: management and rules changed frequently. there was often conflict within and between departments.
A typical day was fast paced and energetic. Most coworkers were great to work with and I developed some good relationships.
This Company is not for me
Continuous Improvement Designer temporary (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers are good to work with
I have been working for them for almost 2 years as a temporary employee & for a year been promised a permanent position, not yet happened
Great company
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Great company for engineers. Excellent R&D division. Management could be more aligned with the business unit to steam line product development process.
Company sucks
Circ (Former Employee), EverywhereFebruary 8, 2014
Cons: everything where do i start?
First of all let me start off by saying that this company only cares about numbers. They can careless about you as a person. Second of all Management is very poorly trained and only cares about themselves! Very unprofessional! If your looking to get in the medical field PLEASE look at other companies first before you apply. Third of all Salaries are very low for the industry. You will find other companies in the same industry that pay double the pay with less misery. Always getting shorted hours and travel way to much for the pay. They have purchased other companies in the past couple of years and treated the employees from the purchased companies like trash. They also promise the world to you and when review time comes you will receive nothing. The number one thing in a company is integrity and STERIS has none. I rate this company from 1-10 and i give them a zero. I hope this helps before you apply to this company or any other company they have purchased! Good luck
Great Company
Integration Technician 1 (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 20, 2013
I travel about 90% of my work. great Benefits package Company vehicle
Enjoyed my time at Steris.
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 11, 2013
Really liked my job at Steris but unfortunately, the company closed in Erie, PA and moved to Mentor, OH. I was unable to relocate due to family.

About STERIS Corporation

STERIS Corporation (STERIS), together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination – Read more

STERIS Corporation Salaries