Sterling Autobody Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Incredible owner and work environment
General Manager and Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 5, 2014
This where I learned the industry. The owner taught me most of what I know about the industry. Great place to work.
Quick based company with unlimited work flow
Lead Painter (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2014
Overall a good company to work for if you are good at what you do. I have not seen any advancement so where you get hired is what you will be doing. Sterling has a good process for repairing car and it works well if followed.
Pros
401k match, full benfits, decent pay, plenty of work
Cons
lack of communication sometimes, parts dept.
unproductive not fun very stressful no time for family
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 16, 2014
This is a company that lost its own vision of customers and employees which really sucks because if you don't care about the employees they will not care about your customers and the workmanship of the repair and that makes for unhappy customers all they care about is the bottom line of there profits management really needs to be changed
Cons
upper management do not care and those who did have been forced out
anything bad said about this place is 100 % true
collision a tech (Former Employee) –  huntington valley,paDecember 3, 2013
management cares about them self totaly. you will be starved for work if you do something they dont like.that means no hours for the week.manager will talk and treat you like a peace of sh----. you could be replace just because.it realy sinks there. They put all aftermarket parts on the cars & trucks if they or the customer do not like something you will be doing the job over for free.

good luck in your search
Productive fun place enjoyed my co-workers.
Collision Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2013
Typical day at work first you had to have a glass of energy walking in the door, fast pace, had to multi-task. I learned how to manage time, talk to customers happy or sad or even upset. Learned how to write estimates. Management was okay we had managers in and out. I loved working with my co-workers they made it enjoyable to work with and never had issues with anyone. The hardest part of my job was delivering a vehicle that was not finished or of my satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of my job was making someone happy at the end of the process.
Pros
built relationships with customers, vendors, and insurance companies.
Cons
not enough hours in a day.
Excellent people to work with
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FlJune 12, 2013
Mi work hours were 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, yet was in at 6:00/6:15 and leave at 6:00 PM or later (Didn't like to leave work pending and enjoyed all I did very much.
Upper management was on top of making sure everyone was happy.
My co-workers respected one another and relied a lot on my knowledge, something I was always happy to share with them.
The hardest part of my job? making sure vehicles were repaired properly, under the Company's guidelines and customer's expectations. As for the most enjoyable part of my job was my good relation with employees, customers and Insurance Adjusters.
Pros
good salary and good insentives
Cons
none except having to work some saturdays
A sheep in wolves clothing
management (Former Employee) –  western divisionMay 31, 2013
concerned more about the companies image then fixing cars.
leadership lead to protect their jobs not real concern for employees or customers.
Pros
good trainning
Cons
uncertain of companies future. buyout talk all the time
Beware!!!!!!!
Dog walker (Former Employee) –  MarzDecember 17, 2012
If you are thinking of applying for a job with this company do not wast your time...the people in there recrutement video are payed actors....working at this company is nothing like they say in the video...this company could careless about their employees and the manager at the one I worked at wasn't even qualified to manage a jack in the box
Pros
non
Cons
management

Comment – June 21, 2013

It all starts with upper management all this company cares about is image most of the upper management don't even have a clue about auto repair they use to be great and it is real sad to see there current state they do not care about the employees I have also seen racism from certain regional managers towards shop employees

You will not be valued as an employee
Management (Former Employee) –  SoutheastNovember 17, 2012
If you are interested in working in a typical corporate setting with management that is reactive instead of proactive, always changing incentive comp plans and just typically behind the 8 ball, this is your place. These guys will never get it together, I bet they sell out soon as they are continuing to struggle to make revenue despite being in bed with a HUGE insurance company. Also, consider these other two reviews carefully as the eliminated all office manger positions company wide late summer 2012 with no warning.
benefits
Cons
lack of effective leadership
Manage a team of customer service reps as well as the daily office function.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FlJuly 24, 2012
Have clear understanding of microsoft word, excel, and pathways one estimating system. Able to enteract with outside and inside customers. Top CSI ratings in company able to maintain a 10 on surveys.

Comment – October 11, 2012

This is a mill of a call center where employees come and go most of the time without any warning. I would advise anyone to proceed with caution here, do not believe that it's a "fun environment", the harsh judgement begins as you walk in the door and the training is long an remedial. During my time there 3 people were fired. Beware! It looks and sounds good but looks are deceiving.

Fun laid back work place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 2, 2012
If you are an automotive repair technitian, Sterling is a great place to gain experience and learn a new way to produce automotive repairs.
Pros
routine work hours, team pay structure
Cons
economic hardships