Sterling Engineering Employee Reviews

Great place to work and advance a career in.
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
Great place to work and start and advance a career. Management is outgoing and willing to help anywhere and anytime it is needed. Everyone is hard working and willing to jump in if needed.
Pros
outside work
Cons
Hot during te summer
Not a good experience.
Cad Designer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 21, 2017
All about growing the company and what benefits the company. Payroll is outsourced and vacation time has to be watched for correctness. First and foremost being politically correct.
Pros
As long as your billing hours they leave you alone.
Cons
Poor support in any situation.
a very backstabing group
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJuly 31, 2017
I believe since I did not speak polish I was an out cast, and I was replace by a managers friend. I was never told what I did wrong that could cause me to be replaced.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
if you dont speak polish your an outsider
Good starting point
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 5, 2017
Started here out of college. they got me a good temp position and helped get the career rolling. temp position was a great start for me and I learned a good deal at the job.
Good job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 4, 2017
Good job.. Let go due to medical accident at my home. Maintained position taking care of 40 + employees on a 40 hour work week. Mostly clerical. Would go back if offered the position again. Enjoyed working with people and customers. Everyone appreciated me with respect
Pros
nice job
Cons
insurance, benefits
Great to Work with
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 15, 2017
Sterling Engineering, is a great company to work with. They worked really hard to get me placed in a Job in my field within a week!! I usually Don't like working for Job placement companies, but they are very easy to work for and they make sure that they are on your side all the time. I can call them at anytime if I have any concerns about my position.
Secure situation given they had over 40,000 clients
Mechanical Designer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2017
Being a contract agency, the employees were placed remotely (or at times) worked in-house. The variety one experienced was unbeatable. Most of the time I was my own boss and answered only to the client I was serving.
Pros
Full benefits, very rewarding experience
Cons
New location every time the contract ended
Not an honest company
Locomotive Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 16, 2017
The contract job was supposed to last at least 60 days, it lasted 30 days. Get it in writing how long the contract job is and that you are guaranteed pay until then. These are not honest folks
great leads
Contract Employee, Panel Wiring (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 5, 2017
Please take down this portion of the resume building. I do not have much to say and I feel that should be acceptable. As far as Sterling Engineering, its one of the best temp agencies; if that means anything. They're assignments rarely turn out to be permanent as is the nature of the beast.
Educational on trains
Administrative Planner (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTFebruary 28, 2017
This job was very educational on learning the way trains operate and what they do on a daily basis. In this area I was in it was specifically coal trains.
Very helpful
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2016
They are very helpful and professional and make an effort to assist you with acquiring quality positions within quality companies.
I think very highly of Sterling
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 10, 2016
I think very highly of Sterling. I have worked for the company for 30 years. It has been a great place to work and they have very good benefits. I highly recommend.
very productive job and fast paced
Packing Technician (Former Employee) –  Atchison, KSAugust 25, 2016
A typical day was you started working as soon as you got on the floor, I learned the different sizes of anchors that were made through the company. I enjoyed the team of people I worked with and the hardest part of my job was standing in one place for 2 hours at a time.
Good Place to work
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Good place to work. Very nice people and good management. They will give you every opportunity to succeed. The only issue is work/life balance, but this seems to be the norm for the industry.
Great Company
Electrical Maintenance Technician/Plc Programmer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 28, 2015
Serviced and installed motor parts, speed stick controllers, printing equipment, chain assembly, panel views, photo eye sensors, proximity switches, reflectors, vertical blades, horizontal blades, electrical controls and mechanical parts on various food processing conveyor systems
Pros
Placements are good
Cons
Job security
great company just no benefits
Welder (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 27, 2015
Like the work I was doing robotic welding and company was very clean, the people was alright but this was a temp job.over all good place if you not looking for benefits
Pros
good clean company
Cons
no befits
Solid company. Personal service. Prompt. Professional. Pleasant
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILMarch 3, 2015
They really work hard for you and provide professional, honest and prompt interface. They you keep you abreast of your status and progresses. They offer vacation and holiday pay, medical benefits and raises, all in which are very rare for contract work. Solid company with great principles and foundation.
Pros
Reliable
Designing Large components and assemblies.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 4, 2014
Working on design components and assemblies for large locomotive cabs and engines.
Pros
Working to accommodate the transportation industry.
Cons
The challenge of working with large assemblies for manual weld manufacturing.
I enjoyed working for EMD.
Sr Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 4, 2014
Sterling Engineering gave me the opportunity to work at Electro Motive Diesel in a Dept that I enjoyed working for in the past.
Pros
They were very helpful in all questions reguarding my position at EMD
Cons
Once my job was transfered to AL, Sterling was not able to find me a job after EMD.
production
Lead for Comstock Shop (Former Employee) –  EMD Marshalltown IowaOctober 20, 2014
The workplace was organized and people got along. Management took care of issues that came up. Good place to work over all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

Sterling Engineering Reviews by Location