Sales Representative is responsible for the the sale and marketing of the company's entire product line of meat & related food items to a variety of food service clientele; including restaurants, hotels & resorts, hospitals, and retail grocery trade.
- Generate and retain new clientele by establishing personal contact and developing ongoing relationships with chefs, purchasing managers, & proprietors.
- Develop and maintain information reporting to each customer; including weekly price quotes of customized product lists, new product information, forecast of market trends, and - when necessary - notification of product shortages or delays.
- Coordinate sales to clients that work within the constraints and parameters of Sterling's production and delivery schedules.
- Be an industry expert in meat and other "center of the plate" food products.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Monitor client credit/payment status; take responsibility to communicate and implement remedial actions toward resolving customer credit problems should they occur.
Sterling Food Service is open and operates Monday through Friday; however, our customers are typically open seven days a week. Sales Representatives need to be prepared to be in communication with their clients throughout the entire week. The better organized the representative is, the better they can predict the communication needs of their clients in order to minimize interference during normal non-working hours throughout the week.
Sales Representatives must have good organizational skills; be self motivated; have strong communication skills, particularly good listening skills. In addition, the individual should be adept using computers and other electronic communication devices.
The individual must have experience in the food service industry; either from the manufacturer/distributor side or the operator/food preparation side. Food service sales experience or culinary accreditation is desired.
Sterling Foods offers a robust commission plan, sales expense reimbursement allowance, medical insurance, paid vacation, profit sharing, and an experienced support team.