Sterling HealthCare Services Employee Reviews

Great team, Advancement opportunities, Simple repetitive work.
Certifying Scientist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 31, 2016
Very structured work place. You will know when you start and what to do every day. Co-workers are great and fun to be around. Management is very understanding and personable but also firm to help the company.
Pros
good pay, hours
Cons
Small company advancement is based on people leaving
Job where results were shown
Director of Business Services (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 24, 2013
A true position where rewards were more than a salary. Envioronment where culture was driven by management. Great working environment where hard work showed.
Pros
personal reward, great management, good salary
Cons
lack of advancement ability
Great Experience
Claims Processor/Collections Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 6, 2014
This particular company was still building on their foundation of policy/procedures, billing processes, etc. We initially did not have the opportunity to process and bill as we should have because of the various issues with the system but we had the ability to analyze and assist with finding what the issues in the system were and come up with a solution to fix them.
The most difficult part of the job was knowing there was so much money out there to collect and not being able to collect on it due to system errors. I was able to participate in many projects to help resolve the errors as well and advanced to a lead position to come up with establishing policy/procedures (SOP's) and billing process for our department.
I was fortunate to be part of a great team in which we worked very well together and our Director was very open minded and encouraged our suggestions and advice.
Pros
opportunity for advancement, good pay
Cons
company not successfully functional, management did not work as a team
productive workplace
dietary (Former Employee) –  Media, PAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working there.it kept me busy an the breaks was good. The company helps you and co-workers are understanding and respectful.
Pros
good pace
Cons
Not a good place for a career
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2014
The company was a fun place to work before it was acquired. After the acquisition, upper management had been making bad decisions and letting go many key staffs in the billing department and replaced with temps and new staffs. You will never receive a straight answer to questions because everyone is afraid to be blamed. The work environment was very tense. You would feel exhausted every day when you leave the office.
Cons
terrible management after aquisition
Unstable
billing (Current Employee) –  tacomaMarch 31, 2015
Not a stable work environment with competent leadership. Benefits are not comparable with most companies in the 21st Century.
Great coworkers, but the business wasn't managed properly and was forced to close
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 13, 2015
Great coworkers, some learning experiences, but mainly consisted of data entry and filing. Not a lot of opportunity to learn or to grow within the company. I loved working here because of the people I was able to work with.
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
not very productive, no room for advancement
Fun place to work but the pay was low
Life and Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 5, 2014
It was outside sales that required a great deal of cold calls. Overall it was a great place to work and the management was very helpful. The main draw back was low pay.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Complicated work environment
Claims/Denials Processing Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2014
Upper management has no clue what they are doing. Management does not allow you to do your job then they hire outside help because they now blame you for the department short coming.
Cons
poor work environment
Rewarding company if you are willing to put in the time
Extractions Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 26, 2014
The people here are great but the days are longer than I would like. They are constantly trying to change procedures with goals of improving everything. The company works on a lean process which is good but also has its negative effects.
Pros
smaller company, great christmas parties and events
Cons
10 - 12 hour workdays
More training..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, MAMarch 25, 2015
I wish I had more better training. I would have excelled had I been trained correctly. I loved the patients. I loved my job.
Pros
good hours and people
Cons
no good training at the time
Excellent place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 18, 2012
Beautiful facility.great workers, and the most enjoyable part of working here was the smile on my residents faces.
nice place to work, great supervisors, flexible
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 30, 2013
nice place to work, good supportive staff. open door policy. everyone always willing to help, great supervisory RNs and Unit managers
Pros
good support staff
Cons
resident to nurse ratio

2.9