Sterling InfoSystems

Sterling InfoSystems Employer Reviews

Management needs to change
VICE PRESIDENT, IT AND INFRASTRUCTURE (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: the teammates are dedicated and caring. great people to work with.
Cons: horrible management. their expectations don’t match their funding.
There are great people at Sterling who work together well but they are always understaffed in IT and lack the resources necessary to do their job. When things fail, management looks for a scapegoat not understanding they are responsible.

The hours are very long and IT is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays with no consideration.

The new – more... president looks to be making the right changes but IT is still broken. – less
Unrealistic goals and lack of leadership management support
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2013
Pros: work remote with flexible schedule
Cons: lack of support from management/leadership
Work remote so work continues in exceeded hours of dedication to make my clients programs a success with Sterling.
I have learned that I have to take initiative on my own to get ultimate results.
Management is lacking and speaks of changes but actions are not set in motion.
The hardest part of the job is motivating internal support to understand the – more... importance of client satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients and feeling success and accomplishment for the work you have put in for them. – less
Rapidly growing company
Financial Operations Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee), Independence, OHJuly 14, 2013
currently working with many different branches of the company to streamline the billing processes for maximum customer satisfaction;
Sterling Infosystems
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2012
A good work environment with room to improve and learn. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.
Sub-Par Office
dba American Background (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMay 7, 2012
Not much to say, except if they were to listen to their employees more, business would run much smoother.
Good place for getting experience, not for long term career.
Public Records Specialist (Current Employee), Independence, OHApril 11, 2012
Pros: flex time
Cons: health care and lack of moral of the company
My typical day at work includes, typing, customer service to other departments.
long working hours
executive verification (Former Employee), Thane, MHApril 23, 2014
long working hours and work stress without good increament
Professional work atmosphere with a good management.
Client Support Representative (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 19, 2014
Pros: saturday and sunday weekly off.
Use to handle client query through emails. I learned a lot of informative things which I didn't know. The management is really very good. Co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is we have to handle a lot of queries of the clients at once and have to find the answers very fast but doing it quiet well. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job is the activities we use to do while working. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Crim Associate (Former Employee), MumbaiJanuary 13, 2014
A days in sterling infosystems where good i learned a lot during my work period of six months with sterling infosystems.I learnt their about the committment, dedication and hard work which is required to get to the top of the business.
NA
Specialist (Current Employee), THANE, MUMBAIJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: pick up and drop facility
Cons: normal
It a good company lots of thing learn from this company. Good facilities 2 weekend off Sat and Sunday Both.
FULL OF LEARNING
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 16, 2013
Pros: flexi timings
Cons: onsite opportunity
In July 2009, I began working as a Software Developer at Sterling Infosystems Inc. which is the fourth largest provider of employment and student screening services, background investigative services and occupational health services in the United States, based in Mumbai. My work here involves integration of new clients with Sterling. We provide technical – more... solutions to our new clients and cater the new requirements of our existing clients. Being the mediator between client and Sterling service unit, my task is not only to work on the technicality involved, but also requirement gatherings from client, analysis and estimation of work involved and the testing phase to provide complete quality assurance.
Within the past 3 years my role has evolved from being that of a Software developer to include facets of Project management and Business analysis. As an active member of the team, I take responsibility for full range of management functions. To keep up with the needs of our Global Clientele I have to extensively research on the ever-changing status and trends of global IT management. – less
fun at work
Senior Crim Asociate (Former Employee), thaneAugust 8, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: 10 hours login
good experience liked workig with sterling and would like to continue with some same company that would offer me as sterling
First Back Office Job (80% on e-mails and 20% on calls)
Specialist (Current Employee), Thane WestMay 8, 2013
Pros: saturday & sunday off
Cons: if the volume is high we need to stretch our shift for 14-15 hours or even work on saturday, do not get transport for over time or weekend support and cafe is close on weekends.
Sterling Infosystems is a Background Screening Company. Our clients run a background check on the applicants who are applying for a job with them.

I am working in a team called Order Creation. We receive applicant’s details (resume, consent form and client request) via faxes and e-mails. The first step of background screening is to create orders for – more... the applicants. If any information is missing to create or complete the order; 'Awaiting Info Team' (team in which I am working) comes in picture. We need to get this missing information by contacting clients, applicants, store managers, etc via e-mails or calls as per client's instruction, in order to help to complete the order as soon as possible. Also, give process training to the new joiners and contact assessment.

Sterling has been a great place to work. The Management and Co – Workers are very supportive and co-operative. – less
Knowledgeable Place
Back office Assiciate (Current Employee), thaneApril 7, 2013
Pros: festival celebrations
Cons: long hours shift
Love to work in sterling.

co-workers are awesome.

only thing is job not secure.