Sterling InfoSystems Employee Reviews

Sharks
International Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Once HR Plus was bought by Sterling Infosystems employees including myself were assured that our jobs will continue an remain the same. Only to find out within the next few months our jobs were being eliminated and that the Chicago office would be closed.
Pros
It was a close knit company
Cons
We were laid off
Probably a great company outside of the Ohio market.
Verifications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 29, 2015
There is no opportunity for growth. There are team members in the company from 10-20 years and they are in the exact same position as I was at 2 years in the company. It was shared by a team member that at 10 years, their pay was the same as my pay. Apparently, there was no shift in pay when the original company was bought out. They just simply began to hire people at a higher wage. Lay-offs occur often (once in my two year tenure). The company pays every 15th and last day of the month. That's a personal dislike for me, some don't mind it. The co-workers forms cliques and segregate themselves from others. One thing the co-workers all have in common is gossip. Imagine high school but you're getting paid to work.
Pros
Free Parking, two 10 minute breaks, voluntary overtime available.
Cons
Mandtory overtime pressed at times, gossip, semi monthly pay, low pay, no growth, low morale.
Fast paced environment with hard working smart individuals
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
I managed a book of business of 10 clients worth $3.5 million and build relationships with key decision makers and program influencers. A large part of my day was conducting in person meetings with clients to review spend analysis and best practices in making better decisions when hiring individuals.

What was most enjoyable for me was being able to build in person relationships with clients and understanding their hiring needs and goals for the year.

The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with different clients with different personalities. Also, acting as a liaison between internal technical co-workers and research analyst and getting responses back to client in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with smart individuals internally and externally at the client site and being able to build lasting relationships with both groups.
Good place to learn. Not much in long term opportunity
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
It is a great job for inexperienced sales people to learn b2b sales. Management competes directly with sales people for business creating an unfair advantage.

I would recommend it to someone looking for a career change but don't plan on staying very long. You won't be able to make much money based on their current commission structure.
Pros
They run pretty good sales training and you have lots of freedom
Cons
You won't make any money
Sterling Info Systems
Client Service Executive (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work consists of high volume email and calls from both clients and applicants inquiring assistance with the system as well as the status.

I learned to multitask and be able to prioritize the importance of my "to do" list as well as understanding every aspect of my job and more.

I have the tendency to navigate my daily work to produce the best solution in a timely matter since everything about this job consists deadlines.

My coworkers were amazing and I spent a lot of time coordinating with them for other possible scenarios and being a great team player.

The hardest part of my job is the inconsistency of the people we work with and lack of training before they obtain accounts.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to understand different projects and finding ways to make it easier for both the clients and myself. Obtaining different accounts on a monthly basis and meeting their needs as well as expectation motivated me to be better.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of promotion and recognition
Room for advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2014
Room for growth and advancement

Great experiencing in a client facing role
fast growing company
Sole Executive Assistant to CEO/Founder (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 8, 2014
Amazing co workers
fast pace environment
terlingBackcheck, formerly Sterling Infosystems, was founded in 1975.

from website: Led by our founder since 1975, we continually reinvest knowledge and resources back into the business. We deliver relentless customer service, unbeatable speed and unrivaled accuracy.

Our more than 2,200 employees serve over 20,000 customers around the world, including a quarter of the Fortune 100. We like to think of our clients as close partners, which shows with our 97% client retention rate that is unrivaled in the industry. It's because the SterlingBackcheck team believes strongly in providing the most comprehensive, cutting-edge services possible backed up by a commitment to excellence.
Good
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 6, 2014
It is a good compnay to work for; good benifits and good pay. The hardest part is sitting behind a computer screen for 8+ hours a day.
Management needs to change
VICE PRESIDENT, IT AND INFRASTRUCTURE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2014
There are great people at Sterling who work together well but they are always understaffed in IT and lack the resources necessary to do their job. When things fail, management looks for a scapegoat not understanding they are responsible.

The hours are very long and IT is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays with no consideration.

The new president looks to be making the right changes but IT is still broken.
Pros
The teammates are dedicated and caring. Great people to work with.
Cons
Horrible management. Their expectations don’t match their funding.
Unrealistic goals and lack of leadership management support
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2013
Work remote so work continues in exceeded hours of dedication to make my clients programs a success with Sterling.
I have learned that I have to take initiative on my own to get ultimate results.
Management is lacking and speaks of changes but actions are not set in motion.
The hardest part of the job is motivating internal support to understand the importance of client satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients and feeling success and accomplishment for the work you have put in for them.
Pros
Work remote with flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of support from Management/leadership
Rapidly growing company
Financial Operations Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 14, 2013
currently working with many different branches of the company to streamline the billing processes for maximum customer satisfaction;
Unstable, Unreliable
Public Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 25, 2013
Poor management, poor trust in parent company, inability to "move up" in the company
Sterling Infosystems
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2012
A good work environment with room to improve and learn. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.
Fast paced but no job security
Verifications Specialist III/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 20, 2012
No job security, work is out sourced to Mumbai India
Learned a lot regarding employment verification
Local management was good, but not from corporate
Co-workers were great, hard working and dedicated
Hardest part of the job was training people in Mumbai knowing that our jobs were going there.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a great team environment
Pros
great team work
Cons
all work is outsourced to mumbai india
The co-workers of the company are great
Project Manager, Sterling Info Systems (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2012
The management of the company is quite bad, but the co-workers are the best that I have ever worked with.
Pros
the healthcare is not great
Cons
good co-workers
Sub-Par Office
dba American Background (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 7, 2012
Not much to say, except if they were to listen to their employees more, business would run much smoother.
Good place for getting experience, not for long term career.
Public Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 11, 2012
My typical day at work includes, typing, customer service to other departments.
Pros
flex time
Cons
health care and lack of moral of the company