Sterling InfoSystems Employee Reviews in United States

Probably a great company outside of the Ohio market.
Verifications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 29, 2015
There is no opportunity for growth. There are team members in the company from 10-20 years and they are in the exact same position as I was at 2 years in the company. It was shared by a team member that at 10 years, their pay was the same as my pay. Apparently, there was no shift in pay when the original company was bought out. They just simply began to hire people at a higher wage. Lay-offs occur often (once in my two year tenure). The company pays every 15th and last day of the month. That's a personal dislike for me, some don't mind it. The co-workers forms cliques and segregate themselves from others. One thing the co-workers all have in common is gossip. Imagine high school but you're getting paid to work.
Pros
Free Parking, two 10 minute breaks, voluntary overtime available.
Cons
Mandtory overtime pressed at times, gossip, semi monthly pay, low pay, no growth, low morale.
Sharks
International Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Once HR Plus was bought by Sterling Infosystems employees including myself were assured that our jobs will continue an remain the same. Only to find out within the next few months our jobs were being eliminated and that the Chicago office would be closed.
Pros
It was a close knit company
Cons
We were laid off
Good place to learn. Not much in long term opportunity
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
It is a great job for inexperienced sales people to learn b2b sales. Management competes directly with sales people for business creating an unfair advantage.

I would recommend it to someone looking for a career change but don't plan on staying very long. You won't be able to make much money based on their current commission structure.
Pros
they run pretty good sales training and you have lots of freedom
Cons
you won't make any money
Unrealistic goals and lack of leadership management support
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2013
Work remote so work continues in exceeded hours of dedication to make my clients programs a success with Sterling.
I have learned that I have to take initiative on my own to get ultimate results.
Management is lacking and speaks of changes but actions are not set in motion.
The hardest part of the job is motivating internal support to understand the importance of client satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with clients and feeling success and accomplishment for the work you have put in for them.
Pros
work remote with flexible schedule
Cons
lack of support from management/leadership
Management needs to change
VICE PRESIDENT, IT AND INFRASTRUCTURE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2014
There are great people at Sterling who work together well but they are always understaffed in IT and lack the resources necessary to do their job. When things fail, management looks for a scapegoat not understanding they are responsible.

The hours are very long and IT is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays with no consideration.

The new president looks to be making the right changes but IT is still broken.
Pros
the teammates are dedicated and caring. great people to work with.
Cons
horrible management. their expectations don’t match their funding.
Good
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 6, 2014
It is a good compnay to work for; good benifits and good pay. The hardest part is sitting behind a computer screen for 8+ hours a day.
Sterling Infosystems
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2012
A good work environment with room to improve and learn. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.
Good place for getting experience, not for long term career.
Public Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 11, 2012
My typical day at work includes, typing, customer service to other departments.
Pros
flex time
Cons
health care and lack of moral of the company
Rapidly growing company
Financial Operations Specialist/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 14, 2013
currently working with many different branches of the company to streamline the billing processes for maximum customer satisfaction;
Sub-Par Office
dba American Background (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 7, 2012
Not much to say, except if they were to listen to their employees more, business would run much smoother.