Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Sterling Jewelers
MIT/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL, Gulf Shores, ALApril 29, 2016
This was an easy job. It's easy to sell diamonds. After all, a diamond is a girl's best friend....right?

The hardest part of this job is holiday. We, that management team, would work 50+ hours from Nov-Dec.

I loved hiring and training new employees. Helping the managers get diamond and gem certified was a great experience. I love pearls! Getting my certification in Pearl was my favorite!
Many opportunities exist
DATA ANALYST, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Akron,April 28, 2016
Undervalued, overworked, unrealistic expectations exist throughout management. High stress with always pointing out what went wrong and never what went right.
Pros
Raffle drawings
Cons
Consistent High stress
Productive and fun place to work
Recovery 1 Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 27, 2016
Its a great company to work for. Great benefits, and plenty of overtime, Great people working, everyone is kind and very helpful when you first begin, enables the new employees to feel welcomed, most enjoyable part about the job is the different people you come in to contact with and everything you learn.
Selling Jewelry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2016
Helping with sell jewelry to clients, also counting jewelry and also cleaning jewelry, I also help place customer orders for clients and updating the sores inventory. I also helped with setup of displays.
Pros
talking and heping clients
Cons
lack of business
productive
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 30, 2016
Come in sign on, take calls take a 15minute break go back take calls collect money, take your lunch, come back and take more calls collect more money. The motivation from the people is the best part of the job. The Co-workers are truly great people!!!
Upward Mobility
Office Assistant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 24, 2016
I loved all of my managers, in my store or otherwise. Although the sales goals can be high at times, I enjoyed the supportive sales community.
Great Company to Work For!
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 18, 2016
Great organization with incredible room for advancement and professional development. I learned a lot about business relationships and management with a retail setting.
Performance driven company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 18, 2016
Overall great company and benefits. As with any company there are high and low quality managers. If you are successful in sales performance standards, relocation is an option, and you put your career first, great advancement opportunities. Strong training programs and honest customer first policies. But count on consistent high stress, difficult work/life balance, with very little flexibility.
Pros
High compensation potential
Cons
Work/Life balance. To be successful in management, there is only work.
Great but lacking.
Time Piece Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTFebruary 16, 2016
I loved the work but there was no future.
Sales without being a typicall Jewelry sales fun friendly and built relationships, with the guests and co-workers.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Was never paid what they said I would make
kay jewelers
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 5, 2016
since I have been employed at Kay's , everything was amazing with my position, until lately upper management was unable to staff the store with stable employees..Other than this complication, i loved all aspects of working there.
Pros
good money
Cons
holiday hours
goal driven company
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Good company to work for a solid knowledge base of fine jewelry, and sales techniques, customer service, and attention to detail.
Productive but strict policy enivronment
Collections Representative II (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 19, 2016
begin to reach out to customer to retain an arrangements w/ solutions w/ the business, learned different ways to communicate different scenarios, overtime mandatory is hard on people, enjoy the bonus while achieving goal, management things change in the department at last minute somewhat of the time.
its a mad house
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYJanuary 18, 2016
no training
work environment of threatening behavior -back stabbing is encouraged
they are dishonest and treat their employees like garbage
Pros
learn a trade
Cons
wont be allowed to stay very long
Good entry-level job, not ideal for my situation
Contingent Team Member (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 17, 2016
I am a contingent team member at Sterling. While I enjoy the work in general and the people that I work with, there is very little advancement opportunities. Additionally, I am looking for a more professional environment than I have found. Further, I am a student looking to pay off student loans and set out on my own. The compensation I receive hourly is simply not enough to do so.
ok to work for
FT Sales / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
I simply enjoyed having a job but the assistant manager was very bitter and took meds throughout the day and you became another person if you didnt agree with her. Employees were awesome and the store manager was a delight to work for.
It's a great job if you don't owe student loans or if you don't mind working every weekend.
High End Bridal and Timepiece Sales (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I'm still working here. It's probably less competitive among employees than a lot of other sales arenas. The corporation
have a well-thought payment structure which would work best
for single people who are okay working weekends. Frankly,
you can be one of the best at selling but you probably will not make more than $35K per year even if you sell over a million dollars worth of product.
Great teamwork, standards, employees and clientele
Certified Diamontologist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2016
All in all, the company educates its employees well on the vast field of jewelry from diamonds to repairs. A typical day is selling jewelry and taking in repairs. Management is well-structured. Teamwork is stressed among employees by the corporation. Most enjoyable part of the job is selling from their vast collection of diamonds and making clients happy!
Pros
Structure
Cons
Pay is horrible.
Difficult and sometimes unpleasant
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 27, 2015
Not a entry level sales job. More about who you know than what. Real leadership skills are undervalued within certain areas of the company.
Basics
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 10, 2015
Training for this position was rather difficult. I did; however, lean quite a bit. When I first started here i knew nothing of jewelry, but the team members help teach me everything i needed to know.
rewarding, encouraging, exciting , and life changing
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2015
I really enjoy working for Sterling Jewelers. It is a rewarding career experience. I love the one on one interaction with guest to meet their needs. I am honored to help people make their dreams come true. Sterling believes in growth & development for their employees. I learned about precious gems & how to appraise them. I repaired jewelry & maintained them for guest. Management is great with the staff with grooming & building of employees as a team. My teammates( coworkers) are great and very helpful towards one another. The hardest part of the job is was unfortunately being robbed repeatedly. The most enjoyable was assisting the guest tp choose the perfect piece for their loved one.
Pros
commission & salary
Cons
Robberies