Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Review

View all Sterling Jewelers Inc. reviews

If it was easier to get a new job at the same pay i would have left years ago!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJune 13, 2014
there is no job/work life balance. you are required to work a certain schedule. many 12 hours shifts in a row especially Thursdays-Mondays. the manager is the only person who gets paid a decent amount. sales associates and assistant managers get paid anywhere from 8.00 - 12.00 if you are lucky.
no job security at all. you always have to question if you will have a job tomorrow.
the company is greedy and is more conferenced about how many credit applications you took in and questions why you didn't sell more today. very little positive reinforcement. constant negative feedback from upper management. the company promotes and recognizes policy breakers and unethical associates. I could go on and on about the horrors of this company. we used to sell decent merchandise, but over the last few years our jobs have turned into selling silver that constantly breaks, and we have to try and explain to the customer that , yes, they did purchase a quality product.
impossible to hit higher quota levels. they make the goals unrealistic and morale is low due to the negative energy given off by VPs
Pros
understanding just how much jewelry is overpriced. great discount becuase the cost is cheap.
Cons
no work life balance. during holidays management works 70-90 work weeks

Other Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Reviews

good place to work
Day Collection Rep (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 13, 2017
This company had a bunch of perks it was very nice people always around to assist and talk to management on the floor level was great but past floor line of management sucks
Worst place I've ever worked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 8, 2017
Very stressful work environment. Insanely long hours. Incompetent management. I was not typically paid for the time I was there. Unpredictable location placement.
Pros
I don't work there
Cons
I worked there