Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun, productive, very diversified.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Sterling Jewelers Inc is an excellent place for employment, however it has a large employment staff with several differing departments so work days can vary dramatically between departments. Excellent employee environment for fun and productive in a large diversified workforce.
Nice work enviorment
Dual skilled/ Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 18, 2017
My day to day in this position I answered about 75 calls per day.
Calls consist of billing inquires,complaint, credit questions,customer service question on store level, and online store orders.
There was really no hard part of the job.
There was not a lot of room for advancement in my department and it was not really easy to move from department to department.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentives! company discount on jewelry and they had an in building workout room and very nice campus.
Pros
one hour lunches and cafe in building
Cons
healthcare expensive and no room for growth
Great benefits and incentives
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 12, 2017
Loved being a Store Manager for Sterling Jewelers. I loved the job and the people that I worked with. The hours, however, left little time to enjoy the finer things in life.
productive and chaLLENGING
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 29, 2016
Overall a great place to work...Commision structure does need work however and that is why I am seeking employment elsewhere...
very fun workplace and had great incentives
90 day collections (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 28, 2016
great place to work very fast paced,great opportunities for advancement,had great discounts on jewlery,management needs improvement to much playing around
Pros
great bonsus
Cons
couldnt build a customer relationship
Production
Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2016
The company is based around one word PRODUCTION. Company care nothing about employee advancement or employees themselves. The whole company is run by greed and always pushing employees to work hard with no recognition. The way they treat their employees reflects on their quailty of their work and jewelery, Poor.
Apprentice Position
Apprentice Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 11, 2016
The job was not a difficult one, although it did require a lot of multitasking between manning the phones, doing clerical work and cleaning and polishing jewelry.
Recovery 3 Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHSeptember 27, 2016
The best department to be in is the distribution center at home office. There is set hours, nice people, nice clean environment and relaxed atmosphere.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHSeptember 19, 2016
As management, the pressure of increasing sales and meeting goals was hard month to month, but had great a great staff of employees to help out.
Fun place to work if you are a competitive person
Manager (Current Employee) –  IASeptember 16, 2016
Competitive job, but fun! Always something different to do each day. Great training. Lots of growth potential. Only problem is some of the employees complain a lot, but that's true of every company.
Pros
Great bonuses during good months. Great room for advancement.
Cons
Hard to balance home and work life
review
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 31, 2016
enjoy working there , company is very supportive in their employee and believe in promoting from within. the company encourages employees to succeed and progress with them.
Productive, great product but terrible management
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 18, 2016
Sterling Jewelers is a great company, but there are definitely some management issues, my manager had terrible communication skills, was extremely hypocritical and was downright a liar. Other than her and the clueless district manager, I had a relatively great experience.
A fun workplace environment
Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 4, 2016
I enjoyed maintaining a positive attitude within my work environment, and being goal-driven, both personally and professionally. Keep it up Sterling
The co-workers were amazing.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
Very fun environment to work in. I still keep in contact with several of the employees both past and current. I also enjoyed the work structure put in place by both me and the tanning department.
Stressfull/Dull Work environment
Polisher/Designer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 25, 2016
Not a very exciting or inspirational place to work, You sit at one station all day looking at the wall for 8 to 10 hours a day. The hardest part of the job is staying awake and look interested which is hard to do because management doesn't keep the morale up. most co-workers are nice there.They also lack safety protocol there. Its not ventilated well there and you breath in chemicals all day that are harmful. The biggest disappointment for me there is that there is really no growth or opportunity in getting promotions.
Pros
Benefits and vacation
Cons
short breaks, managemnet, bad company practices, low pay
Good pay and benefits, bad management
Bench Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2016
This company's business morals are flawed, selling a faulty product to make money off of repair. When you start working there they promise lots of upward mobility but in the two years I've been there I've never seen anyone promoted or get a raise, and I still haven't acquired the position I was supposedly hired and going to be trained to do. Management is a joke and the culture of the repair ship itself is unhealthy, full of passive aggression and harassment that is practically encouraged.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
High stress, bad management
all about the guest/customer
Full time sales - 3rd Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lanesboro, MAJuly 18, 2016
normal day starts with inventory control,( counting all merchandise in store.). opening computer registers, review emails and communications. review days sales goal with staff. ensure each customer is shown, demonstrate, and understands purchase and is satisfied with purchase made.
I am now a certified gemologist.
Most enjoyable part of the job was when i could see the excitement and happiness of the customer when the perfect gift was chosen!
Cons
lack of breaks, loss of sales
Productive workplace with fun times
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 30, 2016
I liked working at sterling jewelers. It is a good company to work for with excellent benefits and perks.

A typical day in the customer care department starts with you taking calls for about 2 hours than a 15 minute break than back on the phone you go. This basically is how the day is split up with a lunch after about 4 hours. The people for the most part are nice however like all jobs their are people that are not so easy to deal with.
Pros
Bonuses and raises every April, vacation and PTO time
Cons
The work schedule is sometimes not consistent
Productive and fun workplace.
Jared The Galleria of Jewelry (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 13, 2016
Days can be really short given that you are always doing something
The training program has a lot to offer
It can be really frustrating to have competitive wages, but in the end it pays off.
Pros
Great management, and great training program
Cons
Not a steady schedule.
Jewelry sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMay 25, 2016
This was my first job in retail and my first opportunity to sell jewelry. I learned a lot about the diamond industry and a lot about sales. It is a competitive work environment which is one of the hardest parts of the job.

The most enjoyable part of my Jobwas sharing the joy when someone finds the perfect gift whether it's for themselve or someone else. When a guest would come back to show wedding pictures, anniversary party photographs, graduation photos our baby pictures. In previous jobs I shared joy with families,and sometimes this job offered the same opportunity.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
working toward goals that seem unattainable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Jewelers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9