Sterling Jewelers Inc.

Sterling Jewelers Inc. United States Employee Reviews

It was a most unpleasant experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: everything else imaginable
Sterling Jewelers misrepresented their company when presenting it as an Employment Opportunity with opportunities for career advancement and job security. My experience was the polar opposite.
no movement for internal employees
Store Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee), Akron, OHApril 19, 2015
Pros: jewelry at cost
Cons: not many advancement opportunities
While the people who work there are great and easy to get along with, it appears that they hire from the outside in order to fill advancement opportunities, thus people who have worked there for a prolonged period of time do not get to move up into higher more responsible positions.
Productive and Effective
Account Representative (Current Employee), Akron, OHApril 12, 2015
• Calling past due customers and educating them on the status of their account.
• Negotiating on amounts to be paid to have an account become current, including offering hardship amounts to customers in need of a lower payment.
• Educating the customer on what would happen if the account were to fall another month past due.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHMarch 31, 2015
Gives you the ability to run a P&L and maximize a bonus at the end of the year. Good people typically work but you are stuck working retail hours as well as holidays
CUSTOMER SERVICE
care and Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), akron,ohioMarch 16, 2015
Pros: health care 401k free turkeys on thanksgiving
Cons: treated like kids
Good company at time lack of communication between stores and the home office. always on back about going to break and lunch when they can see everything that you are doing, when u can make call
call center
Special Orders Associate (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OHMarch 15, 2015
Typical call center, quota, Excel, constantly on computer, fast paced, answering customers questions about special orders, availability.
Good place to work if you are sales and retail oriented
Seasonal Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: happy, positive people and work environment
Cons: half hour lunch break, training could have been better.
Sterling Companies, Inc includes several jewelry companies. Jared is one of them. I felt quite fortunate to have had the opportunity to work and learn at Jared. The management was helpful, and enthusiastic, co workers are helpful and positive, training was a bit rushed and mostly on the job. A lot of studying about the different brands represented.
Was once productive and very fun
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 3, 2015
I do not want to past judgment on this company. I believe that it is a company with much potential and great employees. There is a bright future ahead for this company.
Always Changing
Assistant (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: promotes within
Cons: some management styles
Sterling is a great company to work for, however every department varies with its teamwork and knowledge. There is great advancement within, that is a major benefit.
Great company
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: amenities
Cons: hard to get hired
I enjoyed my time while working with the company. I learned a lot about the start to finish of processing product to ship to stores
Learning something new everyday, face paced, training is amazing
Recovery III Agent (Current Employee), Fairlawn OhioFebruary 5, 2015
Set up with a predictive dialer taking both inbound and outbound calls collecting on accounts 90 days and over, Mindful of compliiance regulations and accurate documentation. Moving desks often never secured at one place for long. Enjoyed the customer service aspects of the job being able to use top down negotiations to bring accounts currant, Building retention of customer base, was most enjoyable desk moving was the hardest part going to desk areas that were not cleaned, Manual collections and skip tracing was interesting, Having the ability to bonus on what you collect was nice. Long commute to work was my least favorite part of the job and working weekends with swing shifts.
Friendly, Open atmosphere, Great Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North OlmstedFebruary 3, 2015
After the 90 day period you become eligible for benefits, such as 401K, health insurance and vacation time, as well as good benefits Sterling has a teamwork motto that helps each employee meet and excel expectations.
ok place to work
Assistant manager/sales (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: holiday pay and overtime
Cons: working weekends and nights and holidays
this is a very demanding place to work, lots of nights, weekends, and long holiday hrs. the commission is based on store quotas and not individual standards which can be very demotivating!
Snake in the Grass
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Lebanon, NHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: pay, commission, breaking the law is a job requirement.
Sterling Jewelers is concerned with money. First and foremost. With little to no training they expect you to meet and exceed sales goals. If you have no sales experience, do not waste your time here. You will fail and they will fire you.

-Full time is 30 hours.
-Commission is at the absolute most, 3% of your sales. Often it is only .5%. (Figured based on store ability to meet outrageous sales goals).
-Termination with no warning is a frequent occurrence.
-Internal theft is a common occurrence.
-Use credit cards over the phone.
-Use customer's Kay Credit Card without customer's knowledge.

If you would like to break the law and are extremely deceitful and have no soul... This is the job for you and good luck! :)
Excellent
office/sales (Former Employee), Merrillville/Valparaiso In.January 23, 2015
Pros: awsome co workers!
I guess it all depends on who you work with that makes it enjoyable. I worked forJB Robinson and Kay bout 12 years ago til i decided to enter another field. I just came back last Christmas as seasonal to help my friend who is a manager of a Kay. As long as you do your job and get along with your co workers you will enjoy your job which makes a difference!
Fun Fast Pace work environment
Collector (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OHJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
A typical day at work would be taking inbound and outbound calls in fast pace environment. I learned how to make and receive calls in a call center environment make, arrange payments, assist customers with there delinquent accounts, up sell customers into various account resolution packages that meet the customers and companies needs , also enhanced my existing customer service skills. The management is supportive and encouraging and readily available. The co-workers are very friendly very diverse work force. The hardest part of the job was when a customer didn't want to make a payment arrangement with me over the phone but I always tired my hardest to get the payment over the phone. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fast pace environment.
Productions
CSR/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 10, 2015
The pros about the job were they have a wonderful team but the con was the environment was not stable nor reliable.
Positive attitude wins it all!
Sales Manager/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: each day is filled with new and interesting people and events, great healthcare benefits, and bonuses
Cons: .
Begin every day with a positive attitude and a happy persona. I was able to keep each customer happy and smiling while keeping my employees moral high. The hardest part of management is putting personal feelings aside when needing to discipline a team member. However, the most positive and rewarding part is also when that discipline pays off in a form of a big sale, and a satisfied customer. In which case everyone is pleased. I have learned how to manage various personalities into a cohesive team; I have learned that no matter how large or small a complaint, when treated with respect, empathy, and kindness every issue can be resolved amicably. I have also learned how to appreciate beauty in all forms. Lastly, I have learned how to balance a PNL statement.
fast-past environment
Recovery Specialist II (Former Employee), fairlawn , ohDecember 31, 2014
collections and a typical day at work, learn to not get something i can not afford
Compensation was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 22, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: work schedule
Constant presence on the sales floor, and approaching browsing customers was a typical work day. Initiating conversations to determine buying preferences and recommending appropriate items, as well as trying on items, and completing purchases. Management and co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was overcoming objections. As a Sales Representative, I enjoyed working with customers find the appropriate item, whether it's for themselves, or a gift.

1 2 3 4 5