Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Reviews

Its a bit bumpy and flow is off
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 25, 2017
The first few weeks were bumpy, the training was not necessarily there, but that was management as it was when I was hired. It is much different now.
I love my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 22, 2017
I see so many poor reviews of my company, I have to clear things up. If you work hard you will strive at Sterling(now signet). I am a Customer Care employee, though I began in Collections. Yes, there is a high turnover rate, but this is simply because people refuse to work hard. If you don't do your job right, you're going to be fired. I have been with Sterling for nearly 3 years and I am so grateful for the opportunity. The management is kind, but firm, which is how they need to be to keep a corporation of this size successful. Yes, sales and production are mportant, but that is the whole point of the company, to sell jewelry! If you can't work hard and don't like listening to what others have to say, don't work here. But if you want to work for a great company with good benefits and who treat their (hard working) employees well. Apply here.
Pros
Discount jewelry, paid lunches, awesome management
Cons
laziness of fellow co-workers
Not an easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 20, 2017
Commission sales is rough. When your paycheck is based off your sales totals and your expected sales totals fluctuate wildly depending on time of year, you can sell 110% of your sales goals every month and have thousands of dollars difference in paychecks month to month. Impossible to budget.
Dysfunction at its finest
Jewelry sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2017
I worked at sterling jewelers for many years.
Many things are promised and sales goals are very difficult to meet.
The turn over ratio is unbelievable.
Many egotistical employees that would cheat there own mother to get a sale.
The best part of the job is the regular customers you get to know.
Pros
Customers and family you meet
Cons
Sales goals and favortisim to male employees
Great Company
MERCHANDISE AND CREDIT BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to work at. The environment is really amazing. Everybody always willing to help you. Management you can talk to about any concerns. Great pay and benefits.
Productive corporation with a great work/life balance
Senior Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2017
There was nice training to advance your career. The management was great and also had to have training to manage. There was a great work flow that kept me busy, but kept a great work/life balance.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Large corporation that sometimes could make you feel like you were invisible at times.
High employee turnover
J.B. Robinson Jewelers (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 8, 2017
don't appreciate the staff they currently have and always assume great associates are replaceable when in fact they are hard to come by. no room to move up either
We have our own jewelry store located at our home office. They provide us with a great cafeteria
Customer Care Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 28, 2017
Answering customer phone calls with complaints, concerns, taking payments on guests credit accounts, assisting guests with their monthly payments, making payment arrangements. Also, helping guests in difficult times when they need financial assistance. It is a very fast paced workplace with alot of guest contacting our customer care department. I try and help everyone to the best of my ability, however there is always that customer that is never really satisfied. I offer the best compensation possible to resolve guests issues. The most gratifying part of my job is helping that guest that is reaching out to me for answers & me being able to provide the guest with peace of mind & the help that every customer deserves. I put myself in my guests shoes & understand their situation.
Pros
Discounts we get if we purchase jewelry
Cons
Not really any cons. I enjoy doing my job there.
Exclusively profit focused
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 27, 2017
Almost no PPE working with rhodium plating, polishing. Very high employee turnover. Incredibly profit driven upper management makes for a stressful and caustic work environment.
district manager
store manager (Former Employee) –  jacksonville, and merritt island floridaMarch 20, 2017
kay jewelers is a good job but just like any has room for improvement. Great place to work and flexible work schedule. time with family except holidays.
Interesting Jewelery Experience
Retail and Jewelry Sales (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 21, 2017
The retail industry is far different than the acctual sales field. It took some time to acclimate and understand the differences. Though retail sales is similar to a goal derived atmosphere it lacks some of the positive incentives that justify the pressure.
Pros
professional jewelery knowledge
Cons
Hours and incentives
Nive place to begin your corporate career
30-Day Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 16, 2017
This one does have a really high turn-over rate. But it if you work hard and are the perfect employee, you'll last about 3 years.
Sterling
Temp Flex (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Sterling was a good place to work. There was a lot of competition for jobs avaible. You had to know people to get the job.They also had favorites.The lead was very strict
Pros
breaks
Cons
lack of communication
Work place
Credit Authorizer (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Not a good place to work. not friendly. When asked for a day off for medical appointment will not give it to you.work suchaled are one week in advance.
Pros
jewelery discont
Cons
everything
productive fast slow paced call center
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2017
working at sterlings enhances your customer service skills customer first attitude problem solving skills needed gives you a great feeling knowing you have been able to help a guest and knowing because of you they will be a return customer
Fun, productive, very diversified.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Sterling Jewelers Inc is an excellent place for employment, however it has a large employment staff with several differing departments so work days can vary dramatically between departments. Excellent employee environment for fun and productive in a large diversified workforce.
Nice work enviorment
Dual skilled/ Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 18, 2017
My day to day in this position I answered about 75 calls per day.
Calls consist of billing inquires,complaint, credit questions,customer service question on store level, and online store orders.
There was really no hard part of the job.
There was not a lot of room for advancement in my department and it was not really easy to move from department to department.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentives! company discount on jewelry and they had an in building workout room and very nice campus.
Pros
one hour lunches and cafe in building
Cons
healthcare expensive and no room for growth
Great benefits and incentives
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 12, 2017
Loved being a Store Manager for Sterling Jewelers. I loved the job and the people that I worked with. The hours, however, left little time to enjoy the finer things in life.
productive and chaLLENGING
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 29, 2016
Overall a great place to work...Commision structure does need work however and that is why I am seeking employment elsewhere...
very fun workplace and had great incentives
90 day collections (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 28, 2016
great place to work very fast paced,great opportunities for advancement,had great discounts on jewlery,management needs improvement to much playing around
Pros
great bonsus
Cons
couldnt build a customer relationship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Jewelers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9