Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Reviews

goal driven company
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Good company to work for a solid knowledge base of fine jewelry, and sales techniques, customer service, and attention to detail.
Productive but strict policy enivronment
Collections Representative II (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 19, 2016
begin to reach out to customer to retain an arrangements w/ solutions w/ the business, learned different ways to communicate different scenarios, overtime mandatory is hard on people, enjoy the bonus while achieving goal, management things change in the department at last minute somewhat of the time.
its a mad house
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYJanuary 18, 2016
no training
work environment of threatening behavior -back stabbing is encouraged
they are dishonest and treat their employees like garbage
Pros
learn a trade
Cons
wont be allowed to stay very long
Good entry-level job, not ideal for my situation
Contingent Team Member (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 17, 2016
I am a contingent team member at Sterling. While I enjoy the work in general and the people that I work with, there is very little advancement opportunities. Additionally, I am looking for a more professional environment than I have found. Further, I am a student looking to pay off student loans and set out on my own. The compensation I receive hourly is simply not enough to do so.
ok to work for
FT Sales / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
I simply enjoyed having a job but the assistant manager was very bitter and took meds throughout the day and you became another person if you didnt agree with her. Employees were awesome and the store manager was a delight to work for.
It's a great job if you don't owe student loans or if you don't mind working every weekend.
High End Bridal and Timepiece Sales (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I'm still working here. It's probably less competitive among employees than a lot of other sales arenas. The corporation
have a well-thought payment structure which would work best
for single people who are okay working weekends. Frankly,
you can be one of the best at selling but you probably will not make more than $35K per year even if you sell over a million dollars worth of product.
Great teamwork, standards, employees and clientele
Certified Diamontologist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2016
All in all, the company educates its employees well on the vast field of jewelry from diamonds to repairs. A typical day is selling jewelry and taking in repairs. Management is well-structured. Teamwork is stressed among employees by the corporation. Most enjoyable part of the job is selling from their vast collection of diamonds and making clients happy!
Pros
Structure
Cons
Pay is horrible.
Difficult and sometimes unpleasant
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 27, 2015
Not a entry level sales job. More about who you know than what. Real leadership skills are undervalued within certain areas of the company.
Basics
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 10, 2015
Training for this position was rather difficult. I did; however, lean quite a bit. When I first started here i knew nothing of jewelry, but the team members help teach me everything i needed to know.
rewarding, encouraging, exciting , and life changing
sale associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2015
I really enjoy working for Sterling Jewelers. It is a rewarding career experience. I love the one on one interaction with guest to meet their needs. I am honored to help people make their dreams come true. Sterling believes in growth & development for their employees. I learned about precious gems & how to appraise them. I repaired jewelry & maintained them for guest. Management is great with the staff with grooming & building of employees as a team. My teammates( coworkers) are great and very helpful towards one another. The hardest part of the job is was unfortunately being robbed repeatedly. The most enjoyable was assisting the guest tp choose the perfect piece for their loved one.
Pros
commission & salary
Cons
Robberies

Want to know more about Sterling Jewelers Inc.?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 17, 2015
Fun and competitive work place doing a wonderful and romantic job helping people make memories by purchasing jewelry and creating their own memories for special occasions.
Excellent benefits, poor pay if store isn't making levels.
Repair Liason, Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 4, 2015
Good working environment (depending on always in retail on the quality of store management), with good benefits. Emphasis on making numbers and the overall store productivity - if the store isn't performing well for any reason, including those outside of employee control, commission levels and thus income is drastically reduced.
It was OK
Recovery Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 15, 2015
Ok place to work. Not a big fan of call centers so it wasnt really for me. Overall a good company though. Too much mandatory overtime.
Fun place!
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 12, 2015
Skip tracing on accounts, and trying to find information for accounts that have entered the collections department. Working overtime, sometimes including fun games, food and extra money.
Outside Sales representative
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  baltimore MDOctober 6, 2015
Going to smaller business providing the laundering service for uniforms and for bathroom and mat products. Selling new business everyday and cold calling everyday
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
I learned a new phase of selling by adding jewelry to my resume. I was usually selling clothing. This was a great advantage to expand my knowledge.
dedicated empoyees, good discount
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 30, 2015
Great pace to work part time. Everyone at my location enjoys the store and we have many regular customers. GOod work environment
Cons
goals can be tough
Fun place, sales is full of drama, repair is production oriented
Bench jeweler (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 27, 2015
Depending on your location, the folks can be great or they can be total jerks getting away with murder. From the repair shop perspective, there's opportunity for growth always, but that's if there are any slots open. Luckily you can always transfer within the US as long as you have an open slot. Everyone has goals they have to meet, this being a production- and sales-oriented job. The benefits are incredible, to say the least, but you pay for it in all the crazy hours, and the general salary isn't the best in the world compared to other places. Expect to put in a lot of effort to find time for family and friends outside of work. Overall I love this job, just wish the hours were more stable. Can definitely see staying in this company a lot longer than I've tolerated other places.
Pros
Benefits, people, discounts
Cons
Zany hours, people, pay could be better
Horrible job and even worst location!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 9, 2015
Aside from the unrealistic goals management sets for you, there's poor training and low pay. I was constantly installed fear if all 5 standards were not met! I do not like taking the job home. Management is all about do as I say not as I do and constant drama between sister stores, meaning we didn't work together for the ultimate goal. No warnings were given by management if employees were being demoted from full time to part time, they just received terrible hours the next schedule. Also when desperate will promise you higher pay for taking more responsibility and somehow blames the lack of pay increase on your standards when those job titles don't receive any higher pay!
Pros
Commission pay was always a plus
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, no teamwork
Unrealistic sales goals & poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 6, 2015
This place wouldn't be so horrible to work at if the sales goals were realistic and the management wasn't so horrible. You also have to deal with coworkers who aren't trusting and favoritism with management.
Pros
Christmas commission
Cons
horrible management