Sterling Jewelers Inc. Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work at
Special Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work is a busy but productive day. Management in my area turned over frequently, which made the daily tasks seem even harder when the management did not know how to perform them. Hardest part of the job was the constant change. I enjoyed working with all my team!
Pros
Discounts on Jewelry
Don't work here unless you are desperate
Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 13, 2017
Not a good place to work. A lot of pressure to produce "perfect" work in a minimum of time. Add the demands to drop everything and do this instead add a lot of pressure. Way too much paperwork, much of it a duplicate of what has already been done. The benefits package sounds good untill you read the details, (such as a health care plan which does not pay anything untill a $5000 deductable has been met). Management seems to be constantly trying to put out fires rather than solving the problem.
Pros
Few
Cons
A lot
A great place to work
Security Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 10, 2017
I learned a lot from these people, they were all very helpfull and put up with my inadequacies and did a great deal to make me feel comfortable at work. The jewelry business is a very challenging field and has tributaries into many other industries and it is a very rewarding field to be in.
Pros
You learn a lot about the industry
Nice Place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 7, 2017
If you love Jewelries this would be the right place to work. Nice and friendly environment. Depending on location and team member overall I had a good experience.
Good place to grow
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJune 5, 2017
you make your own pay check no matter what. The more you try the more you can make. There isn't anytime you cant make money. All you have to do is try.
fun job , management not the best
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 5, 2017
I love working for this company but the pay is not nearly enough and you work harder then you should have to in order to get anywhere in the company..
OK at best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 2, 2017
Your success in the company and daily mood is dependent on your coworkers and management. The schedules are not the best, but the discounts, pay, and commission can be nice.
Explanation
Collector/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 1, 2017
I choose not to do this portion - I do not wish to complete this portion as it does not help in my seeking employment. I am simply filling this in so that I may move on.
Experience depends on the store manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 22, 2017
Beautiful merchandise. Room for advancements but I did feel uncomfortable with mandatory credit applications. The store manager can make it break your experience
Pros
great discounts
Cons
mandatory morning meetings for missing credit applications
You have to want it
Lead Jeweler Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 18, 2017
This job is not for the unmotivated. To work in the jewelry shop you MUST be motivated to attain bench jeweler status, and be prepared to work hard to get it.
Great place to work and grow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 15, 2017
Sterling Jewlers is a great place to learn and grow. As a young professional I used my time with the company to become, skilled in communicating with people from a verity of backgrounds. As well as building my customer care abilities.
Not a bad place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 5, 2017
Sterling can be a great place to work if you work for the right people. So many of the managers have to many people to assist so things dont always go smooth.
Pros
Jewelry discounts, PTO and health benefits
Cons
The benefits arent very good and the cost is really high
A nice place to get experience
Customer Service Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 2, 2017
A great place to get job experience and training. They are all about training and bonuses. Great job to even pick up for the holiday season. Sometimes the hours might stink, but you are surely paid for the inconvenience.
Its a bit bumpy and flow is off
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 25, 2017
The first few weeks were bumpy, the training was not necessarily there, but that was management as it was when I was hired. It is much different now.
I love my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 22, 2017
I see so many poor reviews of my company, I have to clear things up. If you work hard you will strive at Sterling(now signet). I am a Customer Care employee, though I began in Collections. Yes, there is a high turnover rate, but this is simply because people refuse to work hard. If you don't do your job right, you're going to be fired. I have been with Sterling for nearly 3 years and I am so grateful for the opportunity. The management is kind, but firm, which is how they need to be to keep a corporation of this size successful. Yes, sales and production are mportant, but that is the whole point of the company, to sell jewelry! If you can't work hard and don't like listening to what others have to say, don't work here. But if you want to work for a great company with good benefits and who treat their (hard working) employees well. Apply here.
Pros
Discount jewelry, paid lunches, awesome management
Cons
laziness of fellow co-workers
Not an easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 20, 2017
Commission sales is rough. When your paycheck is based off your sales totals and your expected sales totals fluctuate wildly depending on time of year, you can sell 110% of your sales goals every month and have thousands of dollars difference in paychecks month to month. Impossible to budget.
Dysfunction at its finest
Jewelry sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2017
I worked at sterling jewelers for many years.
Many things are promised and sales goals are very difficult to meet.
The turn over ratio is unbelievable.
Many egotistical employees that would cheat there own mother to get a sale.
The best part of the job is the regular customers you get to know.
Pros
Customers and family you meet
Cons
Sales goals and favortisim to male employees
Great Company
MERCHANDISE AND CREDIT BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to work at. The environment is really amazing. Everybody always willing to help you. Management you can talk to about any concerns. Great pay and benefits.
Productive corporation with a great work/life balance
Senior Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2017
There was nice training to advance your career. The management was great and also had to have training to manage. There was a great work flow that kept me busy, but kept a great work/life balance.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Large corporation that sometimes could make you feel like you were invisible at times.
High employee turnover
J.B. Robinson Jewelers (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 8, 2017
don't appreciate the staff they currently have and always assume great associates are replaceable when in fact they are hard to come by. no room to move up either

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Jewelers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9