Sterling Life Insurance Company

Sterling Life Insurance Company Employer Reviews

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Brentwood, TN United StatesSeptember 26, 2013
Cons: forced to work weekends
They were recently sold to WellCare in Tampa, so it's only a matter of time before everyone is laid off. All of the previous reviews of the pharmacy department are 100% accurate.
Short term position at best, IMO
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: very poor management
Terrible place to work, in Bellingham, WA the company has laid-off over half of its employees.
Sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 5, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with mostly medicare recipients and employed a thoroughly individual client focused assessment and plan.
WINSOR
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Brentwood TnJune 17, 2013
Pros: pay / benefits / employees
Cons: management / no organization
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. I worked in Pharmacy Support for over a year and it was the most unorganized place i'd ever worked. Management does not have a clue, it's truly a revolving door, not only with employees, but managers as well. That says a lot within itself. It's ridiculous, although the pay and benefits were good, it wasn't – more... worth the stress. You are not allowed to talk with co-workers unless you're on break or lunch. You are not allowed to ask co-workers work related questions, everything has to be emailed to management. Everything is monitored. Management show a lot of favoritism, you work and look forward to being promoted and it will never happen. They say you can be promoted within six months after being employed, once you apply for another position outside of the dept, it's who they like that will get the position. It doesn't matter if you have been there longer. So don't waste your time applying with this company or at least in pharmacy support. you won't be there long and neither will they. The star ratings are not good!! – less

July 9, 2013

That is 100% accurate. Just laid off most of the Pharmacy Support call center, and not replacing other people who have left.

Windsor
Clinical Pharmacy Techinician (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 23, 2013
Pros: hours, personal time off and vacation time, pay
Cons: favoritism, unorganized, no communication, too much ignorance and arrogance
I've been there for 2 years in Pharmacy. It's just awful. No one knows what they're doing there, no consistent training, terrible management and organizational skills, huge lack of communication within the entire Pharmacy department. And, yeah, the only promotions anyone will be getting is by favoritism and some good ole brown nosing. So many chiefs, – more... with very little training and education who get titles just handed to them, and those who have a brain will get absolutely no where. Waste of time. I've seen several people come and go, it is a revolving door. I'm sure Sterling is a good company, but Windsor is definitely NOT! You will become a drone and depressed with your job. The Pharmacy policies are always changing. From, if you're 1 minute late from lunch it's 1/2 occurrence to it's ok if you're a few minutes late. It's changed at least 5 times within a year. If you go there, better be looking over your shoulder. Some day CMS will shut them down, just watch...they can't keep the star ratings up because of all the morons running the place.
Benefits are decent, the hours can be good. And unfortunately, there's not enough Pharmacy Technician positions out there that pay as good. – less
Helping agents with paperwork in computer
Administrative Administration (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAApril 14, 2013
Loved running the office..'
Computer work online and offline

agents support
Under Radar
Clinical Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Brentwood, TnMarch 19, 2013
Pros: pay, hours, holidays off.
Cons: management, training, constantly monitored
I worked as a Clinical Technician in Pharmacy Support for almost a year and it definitely wasn't for me. Upper & Lower Management stink, NO Personality. They give you all this hype when you interview, then when you start you get a boat load of paperwork as part of your training. You sit with employees for 2 weeks and after that you're on your own, nothing – more... hands on. You're constantly monitored during breaks & lunch, you're not allowed to chat with co-workers unless you're on break or lunch. If you have a work related question, you are not allowed to ask another employee, you have to email everything to management and wait for them to respond. The stress was just to much for me. Forget promotions, (Favoritism). I've seen so many Employees as well as Managers leave that dept. It's a revolving door. So i say to you, if you apply for this position. Enter at your own risk. – less
Medicare Insurance Sales
Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 12, 2012
Pros: very good training
Cons: hours of telesolication
Typical days consisted of several hours every morning telesoliciting for appointments with Seniors then going out to keep appointments made previously to provide presentation on company's Medicare Advantage program.
Good job in a transitionary environment
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT 1 (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: professional location
Cons: no significant raises or incentives
Many decisions were made by management without considering the trickle down consequences to various departments, resulting in a lot of unhappy employees and compromised service to providers and enrollees. It was clearly a case of the left hand having no clue what the right hand was doing, nor making any real efforts to interact and hear what the people – more... doing the jobs for many years, had to contribute.

The hardest part of the job was having to hear every day all the issues resulting from management's uninformed decisions, and to deal with the ever deteriorating morale of co-workers. We all new the company was transitioning many departments to Atlanta, but that just created more and more distrust about anything we were told.

I had to learn to focus on the work at hand, persevere, and keep a good attitude, though everyone around me was very unhappy and quite verbal about it. Knowing I was able to tackle and complete all my work every week, inspite of the challenging environment, was the only satisfying part of the job. Needless to say, I was quite relieved when it finally ended. My ending date was extended 3 times. – less