Sterling Medical Employee Reviews

Productive and nice enviroment
RN (Former Employee) –  Sterling, KSSeptember 12, 2017
I worked with two separate APRN and each had different qualities that I enjoyed. I also liked the management if you had a sick child you could bring them to work for the day. They were able to get moms attention that way and she was able to still work.
Pros
Nice employer and staff
Cons
30 minute drive
Medical Coding Multi-Specialty and ED
Outpatient Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 30, 2017
Straight forward medical coding for Keesler AFB - eight hour shift - friendly atmosphere with informative co-workers - management available all of the time if there are any questions
Unorganized
Medical Transcription Lead (remote) (Former Employee) –  Keesler AFB, MSAugust 26, 2017
The job itself was enjoyable but from an employees view, the managers for this company (which were all located in remote locations) did not communicate well with each other and there were numerous instances where issues were unresolved because of that lack of communication.
contract nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2017
Contract nurse for government. Patient care is fine. Management is poor. Hard to get hold of contact person. Rewards are caring for military patients.
Pros
compensation
Cons
poor health care and benefits
One of the best places to work!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2017
Sterling Medical Staffing Group is an amazing company. They truly care about their employees and staff. They understand that people have families and that they "work to live, not live to work". The staff is friendly and very easy to talk to and deal with. They are great about following up with any calls/ emails/ texts that are made to them.
Horrible experience with this company
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  VA HospitalAugust 20, 2017
Worked at a VA Hospital for them. Sterling very unconcerning about giving you information regarding how to get paid. Recuiter never available and nonsupportive. Benefits from Sterling are over priced. Would not recommend this company to anyone! They are not in it to help people work
Enjoyed working with clients; some administrative staff was very dysfunctional
Therapist/LCSW (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed this job, working with Veterans. Staff was generally supportive. One receptionist was very dysfunctional, cancelled appointments with Veterans without telling me. Sterling Medical itself was not at all supportive. They lost their contract with the Veterans Administration and I did not have VA seniority and lost my job.
Pros
Some staff was very friendly and supportive
Cons
One receptionst caused many prolems; Sterling Medical, in another state, was not supportive and lost their contract with the VA
Management is poorly run.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 17, 2017
Management is poorly run. Sterling Corporate does not care about the staff here. Your concerns will not be addressed, This is a very hostile environment. It is micromanaged by Sterling Corporate in Ohio and the managers locally cannot help you. I would not recommend working here if you want longevity. There is no room for advancement.
Not a good place to work
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousJune 28, 2017
This company has a poor rude corporate staff to include the CEO. They scream and yell at the employees when there's any issue to be addressed. The benefits are too expensive to afford . Overall, this is the worst company that I have ever worked for .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible micro management.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 14, 2017
Great place to work, Small hospital but a lot of room to grow. Small community with a lot of room to grow. Everybody I worked with was enjoyable and like family.
Contract position with Dept of Defense
Administrative Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 12, 2017
The company was poorly ran. Positions were evaluated due to government stepping in. No communication between company and employees. Daily work had nothing to do with company they were just the administration of pay and benefits.
Terrible place to work
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 7, 2017
Horrible communication from day 1. I did not know my start date until 1 week before. No one was prepared for me to come in. The doctor I worked for was no interested in training a PA and was only concerned about the med student. I could not gain access to the EMR nor to the specific modalities to be trained on.
If was awful, the worse work experience I have ever had. No one talks to you, they just want to email and have a two hour lunch. Do yourself a favor and do not work for this contract at Walter Reed in Pain Management. The position has been opened for 3 years, and the reason is lack of communication and hostile work environment.
Working for Sterling Medical Group is a struggle
POC Lab Tech / Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 2, 2017
Please be sure to ask questions before you sign a contract and be sure to get any answers you are looking for. (In the Mankato CBOC) I have learned that leadership/management is very poor. Clinic coordinator has singled out many great employees over the last few years and has had them fired for personal reasons. I just can't prove it... But, the best things about my job are my co-works and also the patients.
Pros
Money is ok
Cons
No accountablity and leadership

Comment – June 5, 2017

Poor communication
Unable to get any answers
Horrible at keeping you up to date on the contract status
Last minute details
Will not share benefits or pay rate until you sign contract
Made contract transition stressful
No follow up from anyone

You will learn a lot from here, but not the management
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 20, 2017
A really fast paced work environment, good for less experienced people to gain experience in staffing/healthcare contract industry, by struggling and picking up things ASAP by yourself. However, micro-management is the biggest issue there: everything was directly managed by the CEO, and everyone needed to report their work to the CEO daily/weekly. No work training, everybody struggled to understand their job duties. Decent payment, but it is because of a huge amount of overtime.
Pros
free meals, payment
Cons
management, work life balance, unhealthy and stressful feeling
Sterling
LVN (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMay 19, 2017
Fast communication with contractors, when I have an issue at a work site they contact me in a timely manner via email or by phone. Overall good contract company
Good people
Nurse (Former Employee) –  OverseasMay 5, 2017
Contractor with employment anywhere with US government. Good compensation, fair hours & leave time. Provides both temp & permanent positions for those that want to move around
Pros
Multiple locations
Cons
Insurance
Loved working for them
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILMay 1, 2017
This was a great experience working with them, Unfortunately I had to leave due to my husband being in the military and we had to move. They helped me grow and I had a excellent experience with them.
Sterling medical
Outpt coder (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2017
They are a good company to work for. Other employees fun to work with and know there coding.
Good working hours, no overtime, good people to work with.

Have a good boss.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
No communication from your manager
Hostile work environment
Business Office Associate/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 25, 2017
Horrible work environment. Owners are racist and hostile. They do not appreciate anything you do for them and you are not recognized for accomplishments.
For profit compant doing VA work
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2017
Sit in a cubicle staring at a computer screen putting in the same type of information day in and day out. Projects and meeting that get little accomplished with few new ideas accepted by management. Moral is low with most people here just to pay the bills or afraid of being fired. Most enjoyable part of the job are the good people I work with while the hardest part is dealing with management.