Sterling National Bank Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
BSA/FCIU Intern (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 3, 2017
Members were extremely helpful when it came to giving direction on what to do for a task. Everyone had great personalities and there certainly was a lot to learn!
Competitive
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montebello, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Started as a small community bank to now an growing corporation. With the changes within our word, Sterling seem to be aide by side with everyone.. wonderful clients made the job days less stressful.
Pros
Co workers were amazing
Cons
Lack of proper management
A great place to work!
Vice President, Asset Based Lending (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
An excellent professional environment with opportunities to grow and continuously improve. Professional management with concern for employees. Benefits excellent. And loved working in NYC.
A/P & Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYAugust 14, 2017
Sterling National Bank is a well balanced company to work for with a laid back environment. There is room for advancement and opportunities to improve your skills.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, laid back, casual work attire & an in house cafe
Cons
Communication between managers and their employees & low to average wages
No thanks
Mortgage Warehouse Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
No Thanks I would not like to address my current company at this time. I am currently here and tentatively reviewing all of my options. Therefore I would not like to evaluate at this time.
Teamwork and communication
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montebello, NYAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work. Offered opportunities to advance within the company. Must be flexible and able to adapt due to the changing environment of the banking industry.
Company does not look out for employees
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
Sterling National Bank merged with Provence bank in 2015 and the company net worth may have grown in the past 2 years. However, the turn over in employees is due to the company not looking out for their employees.
Productive work environment with supportive staff
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montebello, NYJuly 1, 2017
A typical day of work included processing loans into the computer systems. I learned how to coordinate tasks with my coworkers in a team building atmosphere. My managers provided great support with my projects through clear instructions and guidance through each step of the process. The workplace culture at Sterling was a dedicated team of hard working individuals with the common goal of achieving daily tasks in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was finding solutions to challenging mult-step tasks. At the same time, the hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable, in that the ability to overcome obstacles gave me a sense of daily progression.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, clean and organized workspace
Cons
Limited room for promotions, temporary position
Opportunities to learn and grow
VP/Credit Group Team Leader, Specialty Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2017
In my short time at Sterling I got to learn from the best and managed some of the best Senior Analysts I have worked with. Sterling has a great collaborative work culture that makes working fun and productive.
Pros
Open communication with Senior Leaders
Cons
Commute to New York City
High stress
Client Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florida, NYMay 19, 2017
The company's back office is not equipped well enough to handle the volume of customers the bank sees. Teller programs constantly failing and customers are often unhappy with the services provided.
Sterling Bank
Senior Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 14, 2017
Management could be more hands on. Work load is unpredictable in servicing. Nice office space. Relatively friendly crowd. Work place culture needs an improvement.
Worst Experience
Collateral Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2017
Expectations were unmanageable. The workload was so hectic that you didn't even feel like you had time to go use the restroom let alone take time to go eat your lunch. Too high stress and too many closed door meetings. I see now why they have horrible turn over rates.
Great place to work.
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYApril 15, 2017
Sterling is a strong bank with management that is open to assist you in your career growth. The Woodbury office is a very friendly environment. The people their all have a strong work ethic as well.
Pros
Smart and friendly people to work with
Cons
Health insurance
typical bank
Marketing & Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYApril 3, 2017
typical bank, hard to move up, easy enough to stay in your lane. boring work enviroment, no room to be creative, lots of old white men who have been there for 20 years and wont retire
Good compensation
Client Service Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 22, 2017
Worked hard all year and was compensated nicely. Of course it depends on certain things but overall I was grateful for it. glad the efforts of all worked out.
The place is growing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
Good morning I have been working hear for years and its ok. I am beginning to want more of an opportunity to grow and it has not happen yet. Time to move up and move on.
Astoria bank employees beware before merger
Senior Client Associate (Current Employee) –  New York StateMarch 7, 2017
A sad place to work. No morale, constant fear of layoffs and a non-existent employee culture. Favoritism is the norm and forget about management assisting in any customer matters. Human Resources and the benefits department display an attitude that shows they do not want to be bothered. Branches and commercial banking teams do not work together, the person in charge of the branches is a nightmare. I would not recommend this employer to my worst enemy.
Pros
PTO policy
Cons
Everything else
It's ok
Senior Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
could be a way better environment. When Sterling took over Hudson Valley Bank everything changed. They charged customers for everything and the customers would get very upset and yell at us but we were just dong our jobs.
Not to thrilled about workin
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2017
There's no advancing within this company, the employer prefers to look for outside employees to come work for the company.
Never a dull moment as there is Constant change
Credit Relationship Manager, VP (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 13, 2016
Management is not open to hearing the opinions of the team. The hardest part of the job is the constant change. The best part of the job is watching the company grow in size.
Cons
Constant management change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6