Sterling National Bank

Sterling National Bank United States Employee Reviews

Sales associate/ operations
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Carmel, NYMarch 30, 2015
Research client issues balance books for them and profile them for other products that would benefit them to enhance their financial portfolio. Open new accounts and make calls to clients.
Great job
Telemarketer//Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Very exciting career path and learned a lot in my experience -- It was a thrilling time to be trained by the best sales reps in the city.
It was a fun place to work
Senior Application Processor (Former Employee), new york nyFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: healthcare
my co-workers were so much fun to work with. Management was pretty good, I learned to always work hard and you will be rewarded.
Females Only
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Stony Point, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay, lunch break
Cons: rude, company is female oriented
Worked here for a few months, by the end of my tenure all the male workers were either relocated or fired. The pay is pretty good and it's a normal 9-5 job. All my friends who have applied here have gotten denied and they have degrees from good colleges with good experience.
Vice President
Vice President (Former Employee), Montebello, NYDecember 28, 2014
Cons: benefits and direct manager
Work environment is more than just stressful. No matter how much you are able to organize or how highly educated and/or qualified you are for the job you will be belittled. I worked for the most difficult person/department in the Bank, as quoted by a current SVP to my current executive recruiter. If you wish take a detour into a tortured abyss go for it, otherwise run the other direction, 2015 is around the corner with more employment opportunities!
Great Place
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYNovember 16, 2014
People are great to work with

Pay is good as well

Good to learn banking aspects if you look to venture off
Review Summary
Intern (Former Employee), Montebello, NYNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work included retrieving files from loans/mortgage vault, organize those loans to meet needs of Sterling, and then electronically publish them to a Sterling Database.
Vice President/Associate Managing Director (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
The management team was fair and co-workers were team players
Opportunity to Grow
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Started in ABL Collateral operations and was given the opportunity to progress into credit and underwriting.
Small Company --with dedicated employees
Securities Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the kitchen .
Cons: lunchroom was small
I had worked for mostly big companies in my career. I came to work and always gave 110%. Unfortunately mergers came into the picture and jobs were uprooted and moved out to different states.
When I came to Sterling National Bank, I was at first shocked that it was such a smalll company. After awhile though everyone knew who you were and the HR department took time with each problem if one arose. Births were celebrated and passages were addressed with a great deal of caring. It has a small town atmosphere. What I remember most was the anniversaries. 40, 50 and 60 years of service. I had never knew a retiree that had been at a company 49 years. That in itself speaks volumnes about the company.
Stressful
Vice President (Former Employee), NY, NYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: prior to the merger great place to work
Cons: the worst merger hands down
Senior management cut staff and expect one employee to do the job of 5 people. No clear objective, incorrect mission and vision in reference to going above and beyond. After Provident bank took over horrible place to work. Lack of direction, diversity. I would never recommend this company to work runnnnnn!!!!
Senior Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Great Neck, NYJuly 16, 2014
I loved working at Sterling. I got along with everybody. I learned a lot from doing my job.
audit ( former employee )
staff auditor (Former Employee), montebello, new yorkJune 26, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long days, management not present
Tyical day 8-6, management always looking over you shoulder. Very stressful job
Generally a challenging but comfortable work environment.
HUB Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montebello, NY and Paramus, NJMay 5, 2014
Pros: an employee committee which sponsored fun activities for employees, such as special lunches, employee picnics, etc.
Cons: healthcare became very costly
During tenure learned a great deal about the banking business. Started as an administrative assistant working with commercial lenders. Worked with customers, prepared loan committee agendas, and prepared commercial loan applications for review and approval at loan committees. Advanced to support Executive Vice President of Business Services which included Branch Administration, Marketing, IT, Loan Origination and CRA. Became an Administrative Team Leader overseeing 3 other administrative assistants supporting direct reports to EVP. Further advanced to Executive Assistant to President & CEO and Manager of Executive Administration. Heavy calendar management, supported Board of Directors, prepared meeting agendas, sat in on Committee meetings and took minutes. Following a change in Management, moved on to new role of Manager, HUB Operations at field location in Paramus, NJ. This office primarily designated as a commercial lending office, but also had a branch designation. In addition, was responsible for oversight of similar office in Westchester, NY. Learned the branch side of banking as well as supervised one teller. Prepared budgets and performed performance reviews. Involved directly with hiring as well as disciplinary actions. Found overall management good and willing to listen. Co-workers friendly and supportive. Most difficult challenges in the various positions held, were supervising 22 administrative assistants (some of which were remotely located), calendar management, and learning all of the regulatory requirements when operating a branch. The most enjoyable part of the positions held, was the diversity and working with people.
Productive and Challenging
Admin (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYMay 5, 2014
Very fast paced work environment which is always challenging. Depending on your supervisor or manager and department, daily tasks and projects can be overwhelming. The culture is an execution type where the person who performs great can either be elevated or stuck in his/her position due to the fact that they can not be easily replaced. Hours are typical bank hours. The core values and mission are something I will take with me forever.
Assistant to the Credit Departmant Manager
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2014
Pros: my boss
Cons: merger
I like working at Sterling but with the merger that just took place there are many, many lay-offs
A great place to build a career, a great place to work
Division SVP, Director of Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: there are a lot of pros...the people for one, growth opportunities/career path
Cons: too far from my home
The company is great...which is why I am going into my 17th year. The changes since we acquired are positive in that the focus is on achieving objectives and tying employees in to the success of the organization.

Fast paced, a lot going on, the strong survive.
Great Company
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Stony Point, NYFebruary 22, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in at 8 and getting to work right away. I learned a lot working here, i learned how a bank works, learned how to sell products and help people with their bank accounts and creating a bank account. The management is great and organized. My co-workers teach me a lot everyday and make sure i am on task, which i always am. The hardest part of the job for me is selling products and trying to talk customers into developing a more broader savings account. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i feel accomplished by the end of the day when i got everything done and more.
Productive and fun workplace. Family feel.
Computer Operations Analyst / Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Montebello, NYFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: learning banking
Cons: not enough work to keep us busy all day.
Work for this company was fine until the merger. I still like working there but everything is up in the air now. Everybody's job is in jeopardy.
Not the best
Administrator (Current Employee), Montebello, NYJanuary 16, 2014
This company does not believe in promoting within. If you are looking for a stagnant career,this is the place for you.

About Sterling National Bank

Sterling National Bank is a financial services firm that specializes in the delivery of service and solutions to business owners, – Read more

Sterling National Bank Salaries