Sterling Payment Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and challenging workplace
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2015
Sterling is a fun and lively workplace. It is challenging as the market is ever changing. There is absolutely the ability to move up the ladder with hardwork and a want attitude. I have been fortunate to be able to grow my career there.
A good place to work if you don't want to advance anywhere.
Senior Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
For 6 years at this position, my typical included 100% on the phone, while working on settlement issued reports, assisting others, training others and file building all at the same time. Ensuring sales reps and merchant's top care and solutions to their credit card processing issues. I learned a lot about PCI compliance and how much more important it has become these last few years. I worked with a crew of 12 and I would not trade in none of them, it got me out bed every morning to help them out. Hardest part of the day was trying to figure out our schedules for next month and the next.
Pros
lots of time off ( pto, vacation, floaters)
Cons
30 minute lunches, management, inconsistent schedules, favoritism.
Managment needs some work.
Marketing Assistant / Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2013
Working with this company was great, until my manager was fired, it was down hill from there. I liked working with some of the employees. Since there was not management in my dept I was lost and confused on what to do and needed help but there was no one to help. When things started to look up lies were being told and HR had no respect for their employee.
Pros
when there was a managment-free lunch
Cons
losing managment in my dept.
Run, dont walk.
Client relations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2013
I have learned all I can about credit card processing with this company, which is a good thing. Employees are friendly, but management has no respect for their employees. Very micro managed company.
Pros
pay is not bad, generous days off.
Cons
poor benefits, unable to afford the medical package.
Needs basic management skills
Corporate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2014
Basically a very difficult place to work.
Mangers will micro-mange
Ideas and views are not supported
Unorganized
Confrontational, hostile work environment is not discourage. Bias toward employees of different ethnicities.
Poor compensation.
Cons
unorganized, confrontational
Good company, great internal culure for employees
Retention Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 3, 2014
I learned about the Credit card processing business. Took advantage of weekly training sessions in customer service and product development.
Co-workers and management created a positive enviornment
great place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2014
Great place, problem was traffic and location.
It is located near Tampa into airport, with I4, I275, I75 so traffic during rush hours was the worse.

2.6