Sterling Payment Technologies Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Independent sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
They offer opportunities for advancement and excellent training programs.This company values diversity and education. Human resource management is intelligent, savvy and connected.
Better management= Better potential!
Merchant Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2016
Working there was simply "okay". If there had been better training I believe anyone could tackle this job. It would have been extremely more helpful if the newbies were taught the different systems and procedures first vs only shadowing calls for weeks with no clear understanding of objectives and expectations. The department I worked for was always understaffed, people would quit from left to right! It was a bit stressful and overwhelming at times, especially being new to the payment card industry and procedures itself. It was hard to learn because at times you were being trained by new employees that were only there for a few months before you, so they were still learning and sometimes unsure of the procedures themselves. Management would encourage you to "find the answers for yourself" but would be kind of quick to put you down for doing something incorrectly. It was also not the easiest to learn and grow there because we could not take anything home to study or view to get familiar with and better yourself. At times it felt as if management was against me, rather then for me. I was constantly called out for doing certain things wrong, when I'd get the answers from employees that had been there for years. I often felt I was being "targeted" for some odd reason. Favoritism was a big thing as well. Management would get on the newbies for simple mishaps when you had other employees actually taking personal calls while on the phone with merchants. The environment wasn't as professional as I'd expected it to be. It was laid back, which is nice, but I'd constantly hear the F bombs  more... being dropped almost every 15-30 mins. I think this is a good temporary job for a new graduate whose eager to step their foot in the payment industry field, but would encourage to move on and not get too comfortable!  less
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Management could be better, Training could be more hands on, Always understaffed
Deployment Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Payment Technologies processes payment transactions for all major credit, debit and fleet card networks, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

Sterling provides merchants with a complete range of electronic payment processing services, including credit, debit, PIN debit, fleet, gift card, rewards and loyalty programs, electronic benefits transfer (EBT), and check authorization and conversion.
Pros
Professional work place
Cons
Professional work place
Fun and challenging workplace
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2015
Sterling is a fun and lively workplace. It is challenging as the market is ever changing. There is absolutely the ability to move up the ladder with hardwork and a want attitude. I have been fortunate to be able to grow my career there.
Ok Place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
Typical day at work was scanning all contracts, e mails, paperless and documents sent vial e mail. screening them and making sure all signatures from the merchant contracts were not digital signatures or copy and paste.

Dealt with multiple tasks, while scanning, works the queue in regards of request from different departments being sent. Ran the reports for Discover and American Express merchants to be boarded in the system and handled the rejected merchants as well.

Hardest part of the job was everyday around 4 we would receive rushes on contracts and other issues, and the end of each month we would be in high alert on doing all request and contracts being rushed to be keyed and opened by 6PM.

The co workers from the department were like family, we helped each other and worked hard as a team

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we would try and have a pot luck.
A good place to work if you don't want to advance anywhere.
Senior Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
For 6 years at this position, my typical included 100% on the phone, while working on settlement issued reports, assisting others, training others and file building all at the same time. Ensuring sales reps and merchant's top care and solutions to their credit card processing issues. I learned a lot about PCI compliance and how much more important it has become these last few years. I worked with a crew of 12 and I would not trade in none of them, it got me out bed every morning to help them out. Hardest part of the day was trying to figure out our schedules for next month and the next.
Pros
Lots of time off ( PTO, vacation, Floaters)
Cons
30 minute lunches, Management, inconsistent schedules, favoritism.
great place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2014
Great place, problem was traffic and location.
It is located near Tampa into airport, with I4, I275, I75 so traffic during rush hours was the worse.
Good company, great internal culure for employees
Retention Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 3, 2014
I learned about the Credit card processing business. Took advantage of weekly training sessions in customer service and product development.
Co-workers and management created a positive enviornment
Needs basic management skills
Corporate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2014
Basically a very difficult place to work.
Mangers will micro-mange
Ideas and views are not supported
Unorganized
Confrontational, hostile work environment is not discourage. Bias toward employees of different ethnicities.
Poor compensation.
Cons
Unorganized, confrontational
Managment needs some work.
Marketing Assistant / Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2013
Working with this company was great, until my manager was fired, it was down hill from there. I liked working with some of the employees. Since there was not management in my dept I was lost and confused on what to do and needed help but there was no one to help. When things started to look up lies were being told and HR had no respect for their employee.
Pros
When there was a managment-Free Lunch
Cons
Losing Managment in my dept.
Run, dont walk.
Client relations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2013
I have learned all I can about credit card processing with this company, which is a good thing. Employees are friendly, but management has no respect for their employees. Very micro managed company.
Pros
Pay is not bad, generous days off.
Cons
Poor benefits, Unable to afford the medical package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sterling Payment Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7