Sterling Savings Bank

Sterling Savings Bank Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
Lots of meetings but overall a fun friendly environment. Lots of room for advancement.
Local Company
Loan Operations Manager (Former Employee), Spokane, WashingtonOctober 13, 2014
Sterling was a great place to work. It was a local bank that was well known among the community. The company has undergone many changes in management through the years which has changed the dynamics.
Small town bank where everyone knows each other
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), White Salmon, WASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: knew almost every customer
Cons: meeting sales goals in a small town
Help customers with banking transactions and volunteer at community gathers. Learned about the banking industry. Enjoyed working with co-workers, most of them knew me my whole life. Hardest part of the job is worrying about being robbed and the most enjoyable is working with the community I grew up in.
Productive & very busy
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP III (Former Employee), North Bend, WAAugust 25, 2014
typical day was opening branch, preparing ATM machine, greeting customers & taking in transactions, balancing.
Good
Trainee/ Operations Analyst (Former Employee), LagosAugust 7, 2014
Its the same banking pros and cons everywhere except for internationally affiliated banks
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tillamook, ORJuly 22, 2014
Open/close branch, secure money, follow policies and procedures, teller transactions. I learned a lot about banking. I loved the management at the time, co-workers were also great. Made you feel like a big family.
Loved being a teller
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Spokane ,WashingtonJuly 21, 2014
Pros: a pay check.
Cons: no room to go out of the drive up
Loved my Job. would love to work inside of a branch. as I have been a drive up teller . now for a long time. and would like to get back into a branch.
Very structured work environment
Branch Admin, Facilities Mgr, Processor Asst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits, lovely workplace, approachable management
Cons: little or no chance for advancement in my position
There was a definite disconnect between production and support services.
Great company when they existed
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: great management, good hours, friendly work enviromnent
Cons: getting bought out
The company was a fantastic place to work, until they were bought out by Equity Trust Company. They were purchase with the sole intention of eliminating the biggest competitor; however Equity was not capable of running both companies so Sterling eventually closed its doors.
Securing bank lobby
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasApril 28, 2014
Opening the bank lobby doors at 9am every morning and securing parking lot as well as the hallways and lobby.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Pasco, WAApril 17, 2014
Enjoyed helping customers and making them feel taken care of. Great team players.
Great opportunities
Vice President, Corporate Property Services (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 12, 2014
A high stress high reward environment. Lots of great people!
Good place to grow.
Human Resources Payroll Asst/CSR/Personal Banker (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 2, 2014
I found opportunities to grow with this employer. They help you grow in the direction you would like to go.
Innovative and intelligent IT management team
Support Desk Team Leader - Information Technology (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: location, people, compensation and benefits
Cons: worked in a basement with no windows
My peers and management were supportive, cooperative and helped me learn every day.
I guess a good place to work at
Personal Banker (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2014
The environment is friendly and customers are treated very well. The compensation is not that great but the environment makes up for it.
hit and miss
Loan Processer (Current Employee), CAMarch 4, 2014
policies change daily without notification
management doesn't talk to each other
merger makes job security scary
Enjoyable work place where most people felt like extensions to your family.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Waco, TexasFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: loved every aspect of my job
Cons: when the postion was eliminated
A typical day at work was spent prepping, scanning and indexing documents into the SerSynergy Program. It was never ending, tons of work to do. What I learned - this was my first ever office job and the most enjoyable position I've ever worked in all my adult life - I totally and completed loved working on the computer with fax/copier/scanner machines – more... and the office atmosphere. The management group at Sterling Trust Company was a great group of people. The co-workers were like a huge extended family. The company did many things that were involved with the community and I totally loved that aspect about the company as well. The hardest part about the job was when my position was eliminated and I could not return, it was heart-breaking to me as I LOVED this company, my work at the company and the people whom I had worked with all of those years. The most enjoyable part of this company - I think I have already gushed enough about - above that is. – less
I like this company as it has a warm working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Our daily work include: basic cash transaction such as deposit and withdraw; open/close accounts, open/close safe deposit box; balance ATM.
Only worked with bank for a few months
Senior Operations Administration Specialist (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: close to home, nice vacation time
Cons: medical out of pocket expensive
Great manager, time off when needed, friendly co-workers, love what I do
Great job!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, proper job training, great co-workers.
Cons: mass lay-off when i worked for them.
I loved working for Sterling! From the admin experience gained, to the benefits offered, Sterling is a wonderful employer. Yes you must work hard and show results, but who doesn't have to do that when you are being paid good money.

1 2 3 4

About Sterling Savings Bank

Sterling Financial¬†Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank),¬†one of the largest regional – Read more

Sterling Savings Bank Photos