Sterling Savings Bank

Sterling Savings Bank Employee Reviews

hit and miss
Loan Processer (Current Employee), CAMarch 4, 2014
policies change daily without notification
management doesn't talk to each other
merger makes job security scary
Enjoyable work place where most people felt like extensions to your family.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Waco, TexasFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: loved every aspect of my job
Cons: when the postion was eliminated
A typical day at work was spent prepping, scanning and indexing documents into the SerSynergy Program. It was never ending, tons of work to do. What I learned - this was my first ever office job and the most enjoyable position I've ever worked in all my adult life - I totally and completed loved working on the computer with fax/copier/scanner machines and the office atmosphere. The management group at Sterling Trust Company was a great group of people. The co-workers were like a huge extended family. The company did many things that were involved with the community and I totally loved that aspect about the company as well. The hardest part about the job was when my position was eliminated and I could not return, it was heart-breaking to me as I LOVED this company, my work at the company and the people whom I had worked with all of those years. The most enjoyable part of this company - I think I have already gushed enough about - above that is.
I like this company as it has a warm working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Our daily work include: basic cash transaction such as deposit and withdraw; open/close accounts, open/close safe deposit box; balance ATM.
Only worked with bank for a few months
Senior Operations Administration Specialist (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: close to home, nice vacation time
Cons: medical out of pocket expensive
Great manager, time off when needed, friendly co-workers, love what I do
Great job!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, proper job training, great co-workers.
Cons: mass lay-off when i worked for them.
I loved working for Sterling! From the admin experience gained, to the benefits offered, Sterling is a wonderful employer. Yes you must work hard and show results, but who doesn't have to do that when you are being paid good money.
Sterling Home Loan Division is a very productive and fun place to be employed
Branch Assistant (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDDecember 16, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: health care wasn't the best.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the public and my coworkers. I am a team player and very much enjoy people. A typical day would include working on the computer, copy machine, scanning, ten key. I enjoyed my management team. They were always there to help if needed.
PRODUCTIVE AND A TEAM PLAYER
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Waco, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: pto, health benefits and sick time
Cons: sometimes no parking space
Well I come in and do my daily duties. Scan all day and do all my priorities first. I do alot of internal customer service for those needing to recover files on the imaging system. I have learned many different softwares and like change. We all help each other out when there is nothing to do and get along fine. Hardest part of my job is sometimes get heavy loads of work and have due dates but nothing I cannot handle. I like coming to work because I know what I'm doing and I am kind of my own boss. I also like to help others even though it is not in my job description.
Great place to work for
Bank Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasOctober 15, 2013
Pros: good traing for the employees, wages were good.
Cons: had to answer to the bank's officer mgr. who didn't know anything about security
The job at Sterling Bank was outstanding. Their was room for advancement . The pay was above the standards for Security, they also had all of the benefits for their employees.
Productive and a fun workplace
Operations Associate (Current Employee), Waco, TXOctober 10, 2013
Researching Real Estate Properties, preparing Quit Claim Deeds, Working with Notes Secured by Deed of Trust
Mortgage; Preparing Assignments
Applying statement confirmations to client accounts working with annuities; dividends; redemption's and purchases

I got along with all of my co workers. I learned about assets; annuities; purchases; redemption's an purchases also learned about Quit Claim Deeds and Notes Secured By Deed of Trust.
This Job has been one of the most favorable jobs of my career.
Nice co-workers
Assistant Vice President, Sales Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches from time to time
Cons: weak hr
Weak corporate culture, weak management, no follow through, don't adhere to their core values.
Sterling National Bank provides great work/life balance, easy access to decision makers and going out of their way to accommodate their clients
Branch Manager/Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 6, 2013
Pros: easy access to decision makers
Cons: system upgrades
Huddles in the AM with staff
All aspects of banking
Employee focused managers
Team environment
Making every customer happy
Working with staff, customers and management
This position truly helped me overcome my shyness
Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: being exposed to different cultures
Cons: this was a temp assignment
- A typical day consisted of going door to door conducting and collecting data from selected households
- I learned to speak up and speak out and be heard, know what you mean and mean what you say.
- I independently
- The hardest part of the job checking hundreds of data sheets at the end of a long day
- The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people from all walks of life
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 14, 2013
Bank Environment
Computer Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 27, 2013
Not bad. Friendly co-workers. Western states. Huge restructure going on. Many new acquisitions.
If you fit in then its a great place to be....
CSR/Teller (Former Employee), Ontario, ORJuly 20, 2013
Pros: met a lot of good people including co workers
Cons: in branch management and the way raises were done was terrible.
Had so much potential to be a great place to work, but fell short as far as in branch management. The higher ups in the region were mostly good but one in particular was not so much. Co-workers were great to work with it was just the branch management that was disappointing to the point were one can feel bullied if you did not fit in with the look of a banker/teller. But I did appreciate the understanding when it came to events for my kids appointments but not so much when it came to emergency situations such as home situations.
Sterling National Bank
Relationship Manager, Vice President (Current Employee), 500 Seventh Ave, New YorkJuly 16, 2013
Sterling Bank has a friendly work environment. Everyone is very nice. The majority of employees have been with the bank for over 10 years.
I loved working there.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), North Bend, WAJune 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: sales goals
The hardest part of the job is when people don't have enough money and they get a fee for non-sufficient-funds and want you to reverse the fee but you can't.

The best part of the job was helping people.
Relaxed, efficient workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clayton, MOJune 13, 2013
I learned a great deal about the financial sector during my time here. As someone who didn't study anything close to this, I feel like the learning curve was steep, but I was able to catch up with relative ease. I spent my day opening and maintaining accounts, and performing teller duties. My coworkers and management were very friendly and extremely encouraging.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Shade, NJJune 12, 2013
wonderful team I definitely loved being a part of the Sterling team
I learned something new everyday!
Branch Manager/Personal Banker (Former Employee), Hermiston, OrJune 3, 2013
I had some great co-workers & clients! I truly enjoyed my job as Manager & then Personal Banker. I am a people person & love to lead by example. A typical day began by checking e-mail, prepping the branch for opening and helping clients as they walked in the door. If it was a slow traffic day, I would review account files & make calls to existing clients to check in. My love within banking is lending and looking for ways to help make a clients wish for a loan happen.

The most enjoyable part of my job hands down were my clients!

About Sterling Savings Bank

Sterling Financial¬†Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank),¬†one of the largest regional – Read more

Sterling Savings Bank Salaries

Branch Manager
$50,000 per year

Sterling Savings Bank Photos

Customer service and loving it!!