Sterling Savings Bank Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tillamook, ORJuly 22, 2014
Open/close branch, secure money, follow policies and procedures, teller transactions. I learned a lot about banking. I loved the management at the time, co-workers were also great. Made you feel like a big family.
Loved being a teller
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane ,WashingtonJuly 21, 2014
Loved my Job. would love to work inside of a branch. as I have been a drive up teller . now for a long time. and would like to get back into a branch.
Pros
a pay check.
Cons
no room to go out of the drive up
Very structured work environment
Branch Admin, Facilities Mgr, Processor Asst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2014
There was a definite disconnect between production and support services.
Pros
good benefits, lovely workplace, approachable management
Cons
little or no chance for advancement in my position
Great company when they existed
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 2, 2014
The company was a fantastic place to work, until they were bought out by Equity Trust Company. They were purchase with the sole intention of eliminating the biggest competitor; however Equity was not capable of running both companies so Sterling eventually closed its doors.
Pros
great management, good hours, friendly work enviromnent
Cons
getting bought out
Securing bank lobby
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 28, 2014
Opening the bank lobby doors at 9am every morning and securing parking lot as well as the hallways and lobby.
Productive and fun work enviornment
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 17, 2014
Enjoyed helping customers and making them feel taken care of. Great team players.
Great opportunities
Vice President, Corporate Property Services (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 12, 2014
A high stress high reward environment. Lots of great people!
Good place to grow.
Human Resources Payroll Asst/CSR/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 2, 2014
I found opportunities to grow with this employer. They help you grow in the direction you would like to go.
Innovative and intelligent IT management team
Support Desk Team Leader - Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 30, 2014
My peers and management were supportive, cooperative and helped me learn every day.
Pros
location, people, compensation and benefits
Cons
worked in a basement with no windows
I guess a good place to work at
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2014
The environment is friendly and customers are treated very well. The compensation is not that great but the environment makes up for it.
hit and miss
Loan Processer (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 4, 2014
policies change daily without notification
management doesn't talk to each other
merger makes job security scary
Enjoyable work place where most people felt like extensions to your family.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TexasFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day at work was spent prepping, scanning and indexing documents into the SerSynergy Program. It was never ending, tons of work to do. What I learned - this was my first ever office job and the most enjoyable position I've ever worked in all my adult life - I totally and completed loved working on the computer with fax/copier/scanner machines and the office atmosphere. The management group at Sterling Trust Company was a great group of people. The co-workers were like a huge extended family. The company did many things that were involved with the community and I totally loved that aspect about the company as well. The hardest part about the job was when my position was eliminated and I could not return, it was heart-breaking to me as I LOVED this company, my work at the company and the people whom I had worked with all of those years. The most enjoyable part of this company - I think I have already gushed enough about - above that is.
Pros
loved every aspect of my job
Cons
when the postion was eliminated
I like this company as it has a warm working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Our daily work include: basic cash transaction such as deposit and withdraw; open/close accounts, open/close safe deposit box; balance ATM.
Only worked with bank for a few months
Senior Operations Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Great manager, time off when needed, friendly co-workers, love what I do
Pros
close to home, nice vacation time
Cons
medical out of pocket expensive
Great job!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WaFebruary 4, 2014
I loved working for Sterling! From the admin experience gained, to the benefits offered, Sterling is a wonderful employer. Yes you must work hard and show results, but who doesn't have to do that when you are being paid good money.
Pros
benefits, proper job training, great co-workers.
Cons
mass lay-off when i worked for them.
Sterling Home Loan Division is a very productive and fun place to be employed
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDDecember 16, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the public and my coworkers. I am a team player and very much enjoy people. A typical day would include working on the computer, copy machine, scanning, ten key. I enjoyed my management team. They were always there to help if needed.
Pros
working with people
Cons
health care wasn't the best.
PRODUCTIVE AND A TEAM PLAYER
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 23, 2013
Well I come in and do my daily duties. Scan all day and do all my priorities first. I do alot of internal customer service for those needing to recover files on the imaging system. I have learned many different softwares and like change. We all help each other out when there is nothing to do and get along fine. Hardest part of my job is sometimes get heavy loads of work and have due dates but nothing I cannot handle. I like coming to work because I know what I'm doing and I am kind of my own boss. I also like to help others even though it is not in my job description.
Pros
pto, health benefits and sick time
Cons
sometimes no parking space
Great place to work for
Bank Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 15, 2013
The job at Sterling Bank was outstanding. Their was room for advancement . The pay was above the standards for Security, they also had all of the benefits for their employees.
Pros
good traing for the employees, wages were good.
Cons
had to answer to the bank's officer mgr. who didn't know anything about security
Productive and a fun workplace
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 10, 2013
Researching Real Estate Properties, preparing Quit Claim Deeds, Working with Notes Secured by Deed of Trust
Mortgage; Preparing Assignments
Applying statement confirmations to client accounts working with annuities; dividends; redemption's and purchases

I got along with all of my co workers. I learned about assets; annuities; purchases; redemption's an purchases also learned about Quit Claim Deeds and Notes Secured By Deed of Trust.
This Job has been one of the most favorable jobs of my career.
Nice co-workers
Assistant Vice President, Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 9, 2013
Weak corporate culture, weak management, no follow through, don't adhere to their core values.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
weak hr