Sterling Software Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Sterling Software
Global Network Staff Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 18, 2014
Another place where I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge regarding network technology, and development. I really developed a love for technology here. Unfortunately CA purchased the company moved the office. I am sure if this place was still around I would still be working their!
excellent company that went out of business
Filenet Imaging Developer/System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2013
Great entry job, good co-workers.10 hour days not uncommon. lousy managment. hardest part of the job was the lack of a common core of experience and knowledge. The most enjoyable par ot the job was the opportunity to learn to whatever level you were willing to work hard at.
Pros
depth and breadth of experience excellent
Cons
some folks managed to hibernate in non-productive jobs
sterling software
Development Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 7, 2012
It was great while it lasted. But the company was purchased by CA several years ago. So, none of this is really relevant. The coworkers were fine, the work was challenging. The pay was good. Their best products, NetMaster and Solve Access, were written a zillion years ago, and working on them was challenging. Lots of TCP/IP and client/server to bring them into the 20th century. Company based in Australia (at least when I worked there) which had good and bad points.
pros
cons
Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 24, 2012
Sterling Ssoftware was a wonderful company to work for. It was a fun place to work. The employees were a fun bunch of people.

I sat in the lobby of the building, answering a very busy phone desk. I also greeted guests, collated documents...etc.
Pros
free coffee, and great managers to work for.
Cons
sat alone in the lobby.