STERLING Employee Reviews

horrible management
, Auto Body Technitian (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 17, 2017
The owner treats the employees horribly, does not pay overtime, has unlicensed employees do work that is unsafe and usually requires a degree or certification.
Relocate
Aircraft Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 16, 2017
Held position while awaiting order to change of duty station overseas from this location. Was military here and the job went contract maintenance so our unit is phased out
sucks
Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHAugust 5, 2017
day it was horrible i had no personal life i worked my but off everyday for chump change the only good thing was the hour lunch but overall i learned a lot
Dedicated.
valet parking (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 21, 2017
Diligent worker whom can learn quickly, great leader but can follow if needed. Great with customers and coworkers. When i come to a job, i'm there to work. Most efficiently as possible. One that can listen and focus on the task at hand. Honestly desperate for work, preferably a decent paying one. Nonetheless im willing to do any type of work
Pros
lunch break
Cons
not enough hours
large company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 20, 2017
many many standards but room for growth. you have to accept you are just a number to work here, only as good as your previous month. many changes going on here
Fun and comfortable working at.
Cutter Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of greeting other employees's to help bring a great working atmosphere while working together to reach amount of orders given to us,
Pros
3 breaks within a day
Cons
hot inside
Productive and fun place to work
Full-time Substitute Teacher, CMS (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2017
Great Place to work, loved working with the students. At times a challenge, but overall the teachers were positive and nice. Never judge a book by its cover.
hard worker always willing to go the extra mile
engineering manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 6, 2017
I have a full time job at FCA , im looking for a second job after work. I just finished school and got my masters degree. I have a lot of time that I can use to earn more income.
Great Job!
CEO/Owner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2017
Typical day at work by checking email getting back to missed phone calls and setting up new meeting and going to meetings. Hard part of the job is also the easiest part of the job is just showing up!
Pros
Free Lunch Fridays
Cons
Over 50 hours a week
It is nice place of work and productive, with rest room provided with all different kind of refreshments.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 22, 2017
We are work as a team, covering and assist each other, exchange the knowledge between us, so we gain great experience. We have good and helpful management guides the team, and we actually group of diversity which make workplace is very interesting and enjoyable.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Short breaks and Healthcare.
Section 42 Property
Community Director & Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIJune 17, 2017
It is wonderful and satisfying to work for a senior apartment community. Instead of one or two grandparents you have dozens. Corporate office is no longer but when they were it was a great company to work for!! I didn't consider it a job but a place that would put a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart!
Pros
Great to have so many caring, lovable yet at times demanding 55+ residents
Cons
Section 42 Community - many guidlelines and government regulations
warehouse
Assembler Worker (Former Employee) –  detroit miJune 8, 2017
work on car parts it was really fun the staff was really nice. always busy never had slow days which was great. lunch brake were great i was always on time.
Boring job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 6, 2017
The management was horrible the boss would talk to you any kind of way he was very rude and made there company look very bad .I will never work for this company
Basic clerical work (Former Employee) –  Sterling, KSMay 24, 2017
It was always good working here. It was slower paced, relaxed. Had a chance to really learn from others. Was able to work well along side others. Worked here during college.
Productive and fun place to work
Route Associate and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 23, 2017
Great Company to work for productive and fast paced. Management is very friendly and easy to talk to warehouse personal are helpful they help you load my truck overall a good company to work for
Typical Kitchen Work
Catering (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 15, 2017
There is nothing outstanding about this place. It's a typical kitchen job with mid level compensation.
With around 20 locations, it's definitely possible to advance from a line cook up to a chef position - running your own account.
Productive and fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 11, 2017
I wake up every day to work feeling happy and proud, to know i work an environment unique where most people don't get the privilege to do at their work area.
At Sterling cleaning i have great employees and especially a great boss who understands me and has taught me a lot in the past few years, from work expectations to life learning lessons. Sterling is a professional place where it is maintained at a civil and professional manner where gossiping is not permitted. where everybody gets along. In my job i monitor mostly everything from open the business to closing it. They have gained my trust quickly as well i have learned and trusted them quickly as well.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Seasonal
Nice place to work
STARBUCKS BARISTA/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 31, 2017
I have enjoyed working here. The hours vary weekly and there is not too much warning about it. Other than that, I have liked working there. The owners care about the employees.
Worked with a variety of personalities. Multicultural environment.
Asst. Director (Former Employee) –  Cortland, ILDecember 29, 2016
Each day, I planned and implemented events and activities for the Cortland Senior Activity Center. I learned a variety of skills interacting and communicating with seniors, members of the public and community, peers and supervisors.
I worked independently, with minimal supervision from my immediate supervisor, and co-workers at the various sites. I also covered for the supervisor position on the various sites.
I can't really think of any part of the job that could be described as "hard". The most enjoyable part of the job was planning events and coordinating with various organizations in the community, such as the Police and Fire departments and teaching the seniors crafts and learning from all of them.
Stein Mart Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 8, 2016
Good Company to work for. Managers were always on top of things and very helpful. I liked the environment and the people were nice.