STETSON UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 11, 2017
I worked in Public Safety. They asked alot of us with low pay. The college pushed a liberal agenda instead of letting us do our job. Most of the employees and students that I came into contact with were nice, but you had several that were not pro Public Safety.
Pros
free education
Cons
pushed liberal agenda
Just A Body
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 2, 2017
To the university you are nothing but a body. There is no room for advancement in most departments and the pay is insulting. Everyone who works hard there gets paid the least, but those who do absolutely nothing make more money than they should. Stetson is a very unfair work environment unless you have children who want to go to school there or if you want to go to school. Otherwise, you're working for pocket change!
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
Weak Pay
Good place for student employment
FOCUS Leader (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 31, 2017
In my experience, Stetson treats their student employees well. There can be some days when we're not doing anything and other days where we're running around and extremely busy. I've never felt pushed to work too many hours; they don't want it to affect our academic performance (during the school year we can only work a maximum of 20 hours/week). My managers have always been easy to work with (although I've heard that there are some bad managers in other departments). There are plenty of jobs to be had for students that want to work. As far as jobs go, they're really not that bad. This is just my experience and maybe because I've worked for good departments, but I've never minded working for Stetson.
Flexible and easy work environment.
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 25, 2017
This job is very useful for a current college student looking to earn some extra money or to find a stable job to help pay tuition. Wonderful bosses and leadership and helpful staff for incoming workers.
Pros
Works around your college schedule
Cons
Saturdays are a must
Remember The Days
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 12, 2017
Working in Admin taught me to prioritize time and assignments. Allowed free expression of writing and research topics all while providing guidance and perspectives.
Pros
Guidance, healthcare
Fun place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 21, 2017
Stetson is a interesting place to work. Meeting new people and new job experiences. It can be a lot of fun. You get to meet people from all over. Its worth the experence.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long breaks
Productive and fun workplace.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 21, 2017
Fun position. My typical day at work consisted of teaching for about 30 minutes three times a week. The management and organization was great! The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing results in individuals.
They give you the tools to succeed
Business Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  421 N. Woodland Blvd. Unit 8366 DeLand, FloridaMay 19, 2017
In my working for the academic success center at Stetson university, I have seen the roots of how Stetson feels about education. The focus on efficiency, quality, and availability are immensely helpful to students, and apparent qualities throughout.
Work Study
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 19, 2017
I worked there under a work study program, so I don't think I can accurately convey what it is like to work for the school as a whole.

But as a student working for the university they were very understanding of my schedule and working there was a positive experience.
Administrative Specialist III (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 13, 2017
I performed the best that I possibly could, and many of the employees complimented me on my work ethic and organizational skills. I was able to work independently with little supervision, and I work best in an environment when I understand what the expectations are.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable work environment with great staff
Homecoming Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 15, 2017
Stetson University has an incredible staff and great management. Everyone is very accepting and always willing to lend a helping hand with any tasks you may have.
Relaxed work environment
Recycling Team Member (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 10, 2017
My on-campus work study job is very laid-back and casual, and employers establish great relations with their employees. Employers work to fit a decent schedule in with your class schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours
Best job ever
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 24, 2017
The university is an amazing place to work. The support staff/faculty are supportive and care about the students deeply. Highly motivated staff/faculty!
Private for profit university
Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 21, 2017
I can only give this 3 stars overall. Excellent university for the elite student. Job culture in the areas where I worked was fun as well as stressful. Overall the atmosphere was one of fear and gossip.
Pros
working in education
Cons
expectation of involvement in University activities after work hours
Intern
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 20, 2017
Tough to review an intern job, I did what was asked off me by the professors, as a senior it was a good place to be as a real lab job was right around the corner
Pros
Easy
Resident Assistant
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 16, 2017
Being A resident assistant was an interesting venture for me. I learned a lot about myself and about how to work with an extremely diverse group of people.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Shared room
Beautiful work environment
Financial Aid Counselor/Athletic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 7, 2017
The campus is beautiful and gives a sense of peace when your job is extremely stressful.
The financial aid office has very dedicated employees and the One Stop environment is wonderful.
Stressful
Information Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job was doing the setup for the software and figuring out when to do certain things. The most enjoyable part of the job were the folks that I worked with who were very knowledgeable about their jobs.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough training
Stetson is a wonderful university!
Analyst, Roland George Investments Program (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Stetson University Roland George Investments Program gave me real life experience that helped launch my career. If you are interesting in Finance, this is the program to be in.
Productive and great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 24, 2017
I assisted the Associate Director in Student Services with assigning of rooms, keys, intervention of student issues. Kept all freshman records on file.