STETSON UNIVERSITY

STETSON UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

Res Life provides valuable life skills
Head Resident (Former Employee), DeLand, FLOctober 17, 2013
Really enjoyed my time working for Residential Life. I learned a lot about myself and others, especially when it comes to interpersonal interaction and event planning.
I loved working for this company! Great staff and customers.
Marketing Intern, Department of Athletics (Former Employee), DeLand, FLAugust 30, 2013
I loved working for this company! Great staff and customers.
Grate place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Gulf Port, FloridaJuly 2, 2013
Great place to work. All the people are great to work with. The location is beautiful.
Productive institution
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJune 17, 2013
Keeps the students needs as a priority. Big on being an industry leader.
Safe and very involving work force for Music students.
Recording Engineer (Former Employee), Deland, FlMay 22, 2013
Pros: its in a nice room and most of the time it isn't stressful.
Cons: by the end, it can sometimes get in the way of your studying/practicing time.
The sound recording studio at Stetson University is not only an involving and enjoyable position for a music student, but it is also an amazing experience as well as a good teacher for the outside world. The knowledge I have gained from working here has made me confident about being able to handle my own recording equipment in modern times, making me – more... feel more secure about taking control of my career as a music performer. However, it is a work study job, so compensation is not as high, but it is definitely easy to manage. You can always find a time slot that will accommodate you.

The hardest part about the job however, would have to be by the end, where there are 8 back to back concerts a day, meaning your shifts are not only a lot longer, but a lot harder as well. You have to learn how to produce the same quality of work in a smaller time period. This helps the employee become better at managing time however.

The best part about the job is all the concerts you get to go too. While some are dull, most are amazing and a wonderful experience to a learning musician. It is what every classical musician wants, to be around high quality music and getting to see elite musicians perform at their best. It is the best music teacher. – less
Love this school!
Administrative Assistant, Department of Physics (Former Employee), DeLand, FLFebruary 13, 2013
After working behind the scenes at a different university, my views have drastically changed toward my alma mater. I love this school and they try really hard to do best by the students. I got a great education, and great work experience.
Student worker position
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), DeLand, FLNovember 14, 2012
Student worker position, it all depends on the teacher you work for.
Family oriented
School of Business Program Assistant (Former Employee), Celebration, FLAugust 22, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the health isurance is expensive
A typical day at work is check my email and my voice messages. What I've learned is how important it is when you are available for students when they need your assistance. The management are always available when you need them. The co-workers are friendly and family oriented.
flexible hours and supportive management
Graduate Assistant - Graduate Studies (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJune 28, 2012
Typical day: Come in when you can (usually before classes were in session and stay as long as it takes to get your work done.

What I learned: I gained a great deal of experience with database management. Sorting through thousands of documents, quickly extracting useful business intelligence, classifying the data and presenting it in an easy to use – more... format.

Management: My managers handled me very well. They knew that as a high functioning individual I could be given a task with little direction and could accomplish their desired objectives.

Hardest part of the job: Staring at a computer screen all day. – less
Isn't a job... It's a career choice.
Army Rotc Cadet (Current Employee), DeLand, FLMay 2, 2012
This isn't technically a job you could just apply and get hired into. It is an application and screening process. You have to physically fit, get good grades, and be offered a slot. If there aren't any then they cannot pay you, but you can attend.
Visionless Management
Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts (Former Employee), DeLand, FLApril 29, 2012
During the time I was there, also strong prejudice against women and the arts. No notice of a job well done, achievements on the job. Poor compensation.
Adjustable schedule based upon classes with deadlines that were attainable but sufficiently stretched
Technology Intern (Former Employee), Deland, flFebruary 28, 2012
I installed Windows 7 through out the labs on campus. If it had been possible I wouldve wanted to continue to learn my supervisors job which was a lab administrator, since I had learned some of his responsibilities.

The company as a whole is very fair.