Steve Madden Employee Reviews

Review
Senior handbag and hardware designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day consisted of designing new product, from original sketches to overseas tech packages. I learned the importance of extreme detail when sending information overseas for development. Manangement was helpful in bringing new ideas to the design team. The hardest part of the job was juggling the extreme amount of personnel input. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the freedom to be creative.
Productive fast pace waking environment
Key Holder then Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
My experience at Steve Madden was overall great. i managed to gain leadership skills, and was able to lead a team into having successful months, as well as learning where my strengths and weaknesses fall.
ehh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
just or those kids looking for some work. the days would have some kind of busyness for few and then that was it. the management team was a joke but the best ppart wouold be meeting everyone
Pros
fun
Cons
poor pay
Amazing Internship
Key Accounts Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
I had a great internship experience with helpful mentors that were willing to teach me the ins and outs of the business. Learned first hand on the job about financials and trends for upcoming markets as well as sitting in marketing management meetings.
Super fun and cultural
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I love working at steve madden because the team I work with we always make it fun! Its like working with your bestfriends all day and getting along and helping eachother out. My management team is awesome to top it off.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2018
fast paced during the weekends
floor managers are amazing people to work with
slow foot traffic during weekdays
fun environment
good employee discount
Great team development and excellent customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 7, 2018
I grew so much as a manager in this company from not only all the different doors that I worked in, but all the different people I worked with. I came in very green to management and they really developed me into the manager I am today. I learned not only my own development but also how to really develop my team as a whole.
Pros
paid vacation, hourly base plus commission
Cons
some of the management
Favortism
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Being that this location is new and employees were brought over from the canal street store, majority of the workers already had established relationships that were very evident. Manager was very selective and stingy with the hours and gave the ones she like the most hours. Hard work for little pay. No clear line of authority between the manager, supervisor and associate.
Pros
Discount, Friendly customers
Cons
Catty co workers
fun and faced paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A typical day here would be assisting any customer find the perfect shoe for any occasion! Its fast paced and fun and you must be full of energy. fashion sense is always a plus!
worst place to work at
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 2, 2018
management teams expect a lot from the sales associates but don't do anything to help except be on their phones and talk to their friends , then expect you to make sales plan and when you do the district managers thank the managers for making it when they didn't do anything but complain
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible management
cut-throat and competitive
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 27, 2017
impossible sales goals and short amount of time. management had favoritism and not friendly workers who only wanted to make commission. I disliked the people and how rude they were if you hit the impossible goal.
Easy job
Temporary Cashier (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 14, 2017
I like working here, being a cashier is such a fun job. You get to laugh and joke around with the customers, it is mainly younger women that shop there.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No benefits and pay minimum
Fasted Paced
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  3 Times SquareDecember 13, 2017
Its very fast paced most the time, have to be able to multitask while running shoes for sale associates, maintain stock room, Do shipment and organizing boxes. Daily duties for closing is to have all garbage and shoes put away, and store sweeps and cleaned.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
inconsistent hours, Disrespectful tones over walkies
Great times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2017
I just love the people and my coworkers. I've been here 3 years and seen a lot of growth with everyone in the company and just in general. This job is great for people looking for extra cash.
working in a very peaceful enjoyable work place
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work is coming in checking emails, reviewing the daily goal sheet and seeing what the plan was for the day or seeing if a new promotion had happened while I was off. Counting the registers for a mid day then the safe as well. Selling our product and giving great customer service to our clientele and making sure they all walked out happy even if they did not buy anything. greeting everyone when they walk in, checking up on customers consistently, grabbing shoes for customers to try on as well. Ringing up customers and doing returns, recovering the store at all times especially when we have down time. Making sure the store is clean and presentable at all times. If I opened count the registers in the morning after clocking in, getting the daily goal sheet ready ,making sure the store is ready to be opened.Before I leave do a mid day as well as count the safe and if I am the closing manager make an end of day email for my district and area manger to receive, counting out the registers and making sure we have no overage or shortage in the registers, closing the store and making sure it is presentable for the next day. I learned how to become a better manager in many ways, how important it is to be aware of everything occurring in the store, meet my expectations as a manager. The management at Steve Madden is truly great there is communication at all times and all managers fulfill their duties at all times.Workplace culture is either fast pace or slow pace depending on the day or time of year. The associates and management all get along and make the work environment  more... very enjoyable and very professional helping us meet our quota everyday and expectations. The hardest part of my job would be handling some returns or customers when they dis agree with our return policy and you always want to make sure the customer walks out happy so you need to best communicate with them so they can understand the company policy. The most enjoyable part of my job would be that I have learned a lot with working here for two years and I have seen my potential as well as my co workers. I have tested myself in many ways with this company in order to improve and give my full potential to this job. It makes my job enjoyable because I have had great management by my side and associates to work with, as well as making our quotas and being congratulated for our goals and my improvements makes me enjoy my job because the hard effort I put in is not only recognized but appreciated.  less
Pros
PTO's when requested and had hours to take days off, sick days, good work environment, great co workers, good company, work with school schedule
Cons
working weekends, slow days, not always being able to get days off if another manager had requested them as well
Steve Madden
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 5, 2017
Super fast paced and demanding. Staffing and goals we often unattainable in addition to long hours and lack of compassion for work/life balance. Pay was also inadequate for level of expectation
Good work environment
Sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJNovember 28, 2017
Good company easy to advance in the company. Very competitive environment but management splits hours evenly and works with your schedule if you have prior engagements.
Fun Workplace
ASST. STORE MGR (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 26, 2017
Great company. Fast-paced. Management could be a hit/miss. Team oriented. Decent pay. Commission is a plus. Paid Holidays. Must work on Saturdays unless you use PTO.
Pros
Holiday pay/ commission/ 40 hrs per week
Cons
Must work on Saturdays/ fast paced
really productive and fast pace job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2017
I've learned how to be better with my costumer service. gotta be multitasking at its finest, the hardest part of the day is daytime cause it gets really busy.
Pros
chill job
Cons
poor payee, healthcare . no hours
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
I definitley enjoyed working at Steve Madden the energy was fun and uplifting I honestly did not want to leave but I found a better job that salary was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steve Madden. Our community is ready to answer.