Front-End Web Developer
Title: Front-End Web Developer
Department: Marketing & Communication
Supervisor: Creative Director
Steve Spangler Science is looking for a full-time Front-End Web Developer to join our team and design and code interactive consumer-facing web content. As the web developer, you will work with the rest of the team to determine our marketing efforts, rapidly mock-up design concepts, strategically publish web content, collaborate, test, and iterate along the way, then gather data and report the results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with other team members and departments during strategy meetings
- With a quick and predictable cadence, turn marketing ideas into wireframes or prototypes
- Efficiently produce clean, semantic, standards-based code
- Seek peer-review, and utilize A/B and usability testing to optimize content
- Collect and analyze data to determine effectiveness of content
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Design user-centric web collateral
- Ability to quickly create mockups, wireframes and prototypes
- A solid understanding of proper SEO
- Communication and critical thinking
- Desirables: Recent experience, especially with an established e-commerce website; Creative Suite 6; HTML5; CSS3; LESS; jQuery UI; Bootstrap; Media Queries, Responsive Design, Mobile, Adaptive Images; git; WordPress; MailChimp; Wufoo; LAMP
From exploding soda bottles to smoke ring launchers and growing bacteria, Steve Spangler Science is the place to go for the best science experiments and educational toys. Go to stevespanglerscience.com and learn how to mix up a batch of slime or launch a potato–then you’ll have a better idea of what working at Steve Spangler Science is all about.
To apply, submit your resume then we will email you with a quick questionnaire as part of the application process.