Steven Alan, a multi-brand retailer carrying a curated collection of clothing, accessories, apothecary, and home items for both men and women, is searching for a Store Manager to lead the Westport, Connecticut team. This person will be responsible for day to day management of the Westport store, including the development and training of store staff and the development of a strong clientele.
Sales and Service
- Coach sales associates on all levels of selling skills
- Reach or exceed weekly, monthly and seasonal sales goals
- Communicate store and company information associates
- Train and motivate sales associate performance through daily coaching, monthly check-ins and annual reviews.
- Set example for great customer service
- Regularly reward great customer service and good work on the sales floor.
- Oversee Discount/VIP plan
- Communicate best/slow selling merchandise to buyer
- Product Training
- Conduct physical inventory
- Merchandise store
- Market Research
- Recruit sales associates
- Oversee employee training
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis
- Make sure all procedures and policies are understood
- Enforce progressive discipline
- Work with manager(s) and buyer to control inventory process
- Plan and execute store and company strategies
- Organize staff meetings
- Store maintenance
- Order supplies
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- 3- 5 years of Retail Management experience with at least 2 years in a "Luxury Retail" and/or "High End" service environment.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment which projects a high level of taste and sophistication.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Exceptional people skills
- Ability to build, organize and motivate sales team.
Compensation package includes competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, gym membership reimbursement, vacation and holidays.
Steven Alan is an equal opportunity employer.
Having spent the past 15 years creating a mini fashion world grounded in classic American roots - fashioned with a twist - it's clear that...