Stevens-Henager College

Stevens-Henager College Employer Reviews

Run the other way!
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Nampa, IDMay 25, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't work there! Run the other direction! Keeps wanting me to add more short and sweet the climate changed and the current management is rotten!
Horrible Place to Work - DON'T BE DRAWN IN BY $$
ABUSED WORKER (Former Employee), PhoenixMay 11, 2014
Cons: everything
backstabbing gossiping management only concerned about themselves; Quotas raised monthly despite lack of solid leads of viable students; Selling higher than average tuition to below poverty level students. They should be ashamed of themselves!

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE OVERALL & SO GLAD TO BE GONE!

If you value your sanity, PLEASE STAY AWAY!
Cold Calling Telemarketing Meet your Quota OR YOU WILL BE FIRED!
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: decent hourly pay not worth the headache
Cons: no job security at all
Anyone who gives this company more than 1 star is probably an ADOA who just fired some team members! The irony of this position of an "Admissions Consultant" is that while you are cold calling unemployed individuals all day who were actually online looking for employment, your "JOB" is to convince them to enroll in an associates degree prog for 42K – more... or Bachelors degree for 74K if NOT YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME POSITION YOU FOUND THESE UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE .......FIRED! This school is NOT even REGIONALLY ACCREDITED which means the credits WILL NOT transfer to a REAL state college or university. The way they have their "PROGRAMS" set up with tuition is once a student drops they OWE the ENTIRE BALANCE. Horrible WASTE of Gov Financial Aid and private student loans! This company should be shut down! What they tell you in training IS NOT what its like once you are on the phones. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Student Services (Former Employee), Orem, UTJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work an employee is given the opportunity to help students achieve their goals.
fun place to work at
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2013
we work as a team. Its fun!
staff and student oriented company
It's a job, nothing spectacular.
Worker Bee (Former Employee), UtahNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good work/life balance and flexibility.
Cons: low pay, raises are rare.
This organization has the potential of being a really good school. But the executive team sabotages every effort that is made to improve the school, it's programs, or course offerings.
Skill building environment, great environment.
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee), Logan, UTNovember 19, 2013
Great for develping new skills and maintaining knowledge in your field of study. I learned how to direct people, communicate in a professional business manner. Management is attentive and accomidating to issues that arise. Co-workers are friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job is knowing when your really giving the students what they need – more... to succeed. The most enjoyable part is when you know you have fullfilled the needs of the students. – less
Productive and fun place to work at with great people
Inside Sales / Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2013
Pros: many leads to call and a very fun but hard working call center environment
Cons: no benefits nor was there room for advancement
I would get to work at 7:00 am and clock in and work until 4:00pm everyday Monday through Friday. I learned a lot about College Degrees and learned a lot about how important building rapport is with cold call leads. I had a lot of great co-workers that were very helpful if anyone in our center needed help there was always someone there to help you. – more... The hardest part of the job was getting connected to people over the phone as I would make 120 dials per day and maybe connect with 10 people each day. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with the and Managers were very knowledgeable people. – less
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Nampa,IdahoNovember 11, 2013
My day is constantly rewarding, I help students advance in their education, Provide and update data and ensure the campus runs smoothly. My job duties are listed in my resume
used car salesman are Saints compared to SHC admission consulars
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good entry level job to learn sales and presentation skills
Cons: not rewarding, negative, high pressure, self reflective negativity
High pressure to sell under valued degree, to low income, no place left to go students. Everyone is accepted but it is our job to make them feel like they accomplished success just by the application.
$70,000 later ( or we will finance) no worries. You have a unless degree and promise to make lots of money. The truth is most are assurred of never leaving – more... McDonalds. And you have a HUGE student loan debt. There may be a rare success story, but truth be told very very few. Be Positive and a robotic yes man and you will survive. Question the color of the kool aid and you will be gone, soon.
Stay away... – less
Unrealistic expectations, management is a joke felt like I was back in High School
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Online Murray UtahSeptember 6, 2013
Enroll students who were low income and struggling, high pressure and high turn over rate with employees.
Poor Management, little training, lots of blamming.
Instructor (Former Employee), San Diego CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers were very nice
Cons: extremly disorganized and poor management.
I think this school is ready to close its doors soon, very low enrollment mostly due to poor planning. I received no training,, very low pay with a continuous down sizing dumping others work on current employees. Typical day seemed to "keep students enrolled at any cost"
Great school for education for students. Treats its employees badly.
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJuly 2, 2013
If you want to go to a good school this is it. If you want to WORK for a good school RUN AWAY! They treat their employees very badly and do not keep their word. Honor? They have none.
Great learning environment
General Education Tutor (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 26, 2013
Pros: meeting people, flexible schedule.
Cons: rare breaks, cold room.
A typical work day for me was teaching one-on-one with students who needed extra help with general education subjects (math, history, etc). I usually had appointments filled for weeks in advance.
I learned a lot about myself. I learned I had a lot to offer others.
Management was excellent, for the most part. I loved my boss.
I really enjoyed working – more... with my co-workers. We had a lot of good times.
The hardest part of the job was telling students I didn't have an open appointment as soon as they wanted, but I usually tried to squeeze them in somehow.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the light come on when students caught on to a concept I was teaching. – less
Fun and Caring
Computer Science Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2013
Pros: great caring environment, staff is wonderful to work with because everyone cares about the success of our students
Cons: part time employee's can only work 24 hours, no longer have free tuition after 2 years.of service.
Working for Stevens-Henager has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have used my education at Stevens Henager to enhance other students learning experiences, and in so I have learned more about my field of study. The employees here are like family and management treats us as equals.
Productive, friendly work environment
GED coordinator (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 6, 2013
enter in data in excel and their data base, do presentations for new participants, answer and make phone calls, planned celebrations.
I learn a lot about working in a business environment.
The management was amazing and always there to help if you needed it.
All of my co-workers were are friendly and caring.
Unemployment is a better choice
Instructor (Former Employee), BoiseMay 1, 2013
Pros: parking is free
This is not the place to work. It is unethical and preys on low income students or students with learning disabilities. Teachers are encouraged to not go below giving a D- so students can keep using their financial aid. As a teacher I was told to allow students to be allowed to make up work even until the last day of class. The only thing this school – more... cares about is making money, and trust me, as a teacher or administrator you won't see ANY of it. They scream "budget cuts" and lay off instructors, tutors, and support staff and then management pays for their offices to be redecorated.

Seriously look into this school before you take any job there and do NOT recommend it to ANYBODY seeking an education. – less
Skills
Gap Loan Specialist Collections (Current Employee), SLC, UT.May 1, 2013
13 years of outstanding customer service and sales
8 years of outstanding collections commercial and personal loans (Hard and Soft)
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Quick Books, 40 wpm
Effective and strong communication skills
One call resolution, and Client fulfillment
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Account retention
Productive and very fun work place with outgoing people ready to help others get a good education.
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2013
I absolutely loved this job. It is such a positive and awesome work environment. I love helping people get into school and fulfill their dreams.
Culture of hostility, bullying and fear.
Admissions (Former Employee), Treasure Valley IdahoApril 2, 2013
Pros: none anymore
Cons: everything now
The company used to be fine. Then after leadership changed, it became horrible. The new leadership promotes a deplorable work environment, started and fostered by upper management... and hostility doesn't trickle down, but cascades down, to staff. Ineptitude and favoritism in new management reigns, and any staff that doesn't become a "yes-person" is – more... shunned and bullied. They tout teamwork, but inequity is rampant, making even the most dedicated worker feel worthless if not in their "clique". Run as fast as you can. – less