Stevens-Henager College Employee Reviews

Easy going work place with the students in mind.
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 2, 2015
They did a lot for me when I was aiding the students. They helped me by supporting my classes by bringing in food and drink. They also let me have free reign over who I wanted to tutor.
Pros
Great Support and understanding staff
Cons
No real hours
Fun and a great learning experience.
Tutor/ Medical Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IdahoAugust 13, 2015
I loved working here. Amazing co workers and I enjoyed helping the students succeed and learn. The hardest part of the job was when students gave up.
Good Company
Director (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 23, 2015
Stevens-Henager College is a good company to work for. They are honest with its employees and students and they try very hard to take care of their people.
Exceptional environment, lack luster educational rigor
Full-time Instructor / Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 18, 2015
The St. George, UT campus was a wonderful place to work. I miss it a great deal, but I am happy I where I am. The coworkers were wonderful and very helpful. If you need something, and ask, they will help.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
open admission
This is a very productive and fun workplace. Management knows how to have fun but get work done.
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 10, 2015
I really enjoy working here. This company does a good job of letting employees manage themselves. They expect results and hold you accountable and are very professional. They are all about honest and doing things rights. They will bend over backwards to make sure their students are happy and taken care of.
Pros
Flexible, great environment
Cons
Healthcare could be better. Not many chances for advancement
More concerned with making a profit than providing a quality education
Associate Dean of Allied Health Programs (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 3, 2015
The leadership is very questionable. The corporation spend money on getting faculty well educated, but never follows the advice of the experts and continue status quo.

Place directors in educational positions that the individuals are not qualified to lead.
Pros
Cons
Leadership is extremely poor
Progressive for students
Instructional Designer / Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2015
Progressive college for students, not great for adjunct instructors. This might improve in the future with a realization that instructors with master's degrees are professionals with a degree that is a respected terminal degree in most industries. Adjuncts are not admin support and managing them does suddenly negate their knowledge in the specializations they paid thousands of dollars at the very institutions to acquire. It is amazing that when a person is buying a master's degree it is so expensive and when we are selling it is so greatly devalued. Most Universities and colleges have this problematic view these days however.
Team-oriented and fun environment
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 18, 2014
Interview potential college students to determine eligibility for enrollment. Mentor GED students through prep classes, aid them in planning their future career/ college choice. Work with Financial Planners to aid college students through enrollment process. Set-up and attend community events to educate about the degree programs that SHC offers.
Hardest part of the job is helping students be successful past their first three weeks in school.
Most enjoyable is meeting lots of new people and helping them change their lives.
Pros
environment: you can be yourself
Cons
job security is contingent on number of people enrolled
Run the other way!
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 25, 2014
Don't work there! Run the other direction! Keeps wanting me to add more short and sweet the climate changed and the current management is rotten!
Pros
non
Cons
many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horrible Place to Work - DON'T BE DRAWN IN BY $$
ABUSED WORKER (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMay 11, 2014
backstabbing gossiping management only concerned about themselves; Quotas raised monthly despite lack of solid leads of viable students; Selling higher than average tuition to below poverty level students. They should be ashamed of themselves!

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE OVERALL & SO GLAD TO BE GONE!

If you value your sanity, PLEASE STAY AWAY!
Cons
everything
Cold Calling Telemarketing Meet your Quota OR YOU WILL BE FIRED!
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZMarch 11, 2014
Anyone who gives this company more than 1 star is probably an ADOA who just fired some team members! The irony of this position of an "Admissions Consultant" is that while you are cold calling unemployed individuals all day who were actually online looking for employment, your "JOB" is to convince them to enroll in an associates degree prog for 42K or Bachelors degree for 74K if NOT YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME POSITION YOU FOUND THESE UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE .......FIRED! This school is NOT even REGIONALLY ACCREDITED which means the credits WILL NOT transfer to a REAL state college or university. The way they have their "PROGRAMS" set up with tuition is once a student drops they OWE the ENTIRE BALANCE. Horrible WASTE of Gov Financial Aid and private student loans! This company should be shut down! What they tell you in training IS NOT what its like once you are on the phones.
Pros
decent hourly pay not worth the headache
Cons
no job security at all
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day at work an employee is given the opportunity to help students achieve their goals.
fun place to work at
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2013
we work as a team. Its fun!
staff and student oriented company
It's a job, nothing spectacular.
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 19, 2013
This organization has the potential of being a really good school. But the executive team sabotages every effort that is made to improve the school, it's programs, or course offerings.
Pros
good work/life balance and flexibility.
Cons
low pay, raises are rare.
Skill building environment, great environment.
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 19, 2013
Great for develping new skills and maintaining knowledge in your field of study. I learned how to direct people, communicate in a professional business manner. Management is attentive and accomidating to issues that arise. Co-workers are friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job is knowing when your really giving the students what they need to succeed. The most enjoyable part is when you know you have fullfilled the needs of the students.
Productive and fun place to work at with great people
Inside Sales / Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2013
I would get to work at 7:00 am and clock in and work until 4:00pm everyday Monday through Friday. I learned a lot about College Degrees and learned a lot about how important building rapport is with cold call leads. I had a lot of great co-workers that were very helpful if anyone in our center needed help there was always someone there to help you. The hardest part of the job was getting connected to people over the phone as I would make 120 dials per day and maybe connect with 10 people each day. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with the and Managers were very knowledgeable people.
Pros
many leads to call and a very fun but hard working call center environment
Cons
no benefits nor was there room for advancement
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nampa,IdahoNovember 11, 2013
My day is constantly rewarding, I help students advance in their education, Provide and update data and ensure the campus runs smoothly. My job duties are listed in my resume
used car salesman are Saints compared to SHC admission consulars
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 3, 2013
High pressure to sell under valued degree, to low income, no place left to go students. Everyone is accepted but it is our job to make them feel like they accomplished success just by the application.
$70,000 later ( or we will finance) no worries. You have a unless degree and promise to make lots of money. The truth is most are assurred of never leaving McDonalds. And you have a HUGE student loan debt. There may be a rare success story, but truth be told very very few. Be Positive and a robotic yes man and you will survive. Question the color of the kool aid and you will be gone, soon.
Stay away...
Pros
good entry level job to learn sales and presentation skills
Cons
not rewarding, negative, high pressure, self reflective negativity
Unrealistic expectations, management is a joke felt like I was back in High School
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Online Murray UtahSeptember 6, 2013
Enroll students who were low income and struggling, high pressure and high turn over rate with employees.
Poor Management, little training, lots of blamming.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego CASeptember 3, 2013
I think this school is ready to close its doors soon, very low enrollment mostly due to poor planning. I received no training,, very low pay with a continuous down sizing dumping others work on current employees. Typical day seemed to "keep students enrolled at any cost"
Pros
co-workers were very nice
Cons
extremly disorganized and poor management.