Stevens-Henager College Employee Reviews

Great People at the Boise Location.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 16, 2017
Boise location has a great team of dedicated staff and instructors. The most enjoyable part of my work was to be able to interact with adult learners.
Pros
Learning institution.
Fun work environment
Financial Aid Planner (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 17, 2017
The work environment is relaxed and low stress. Pay is great but benefits are lacking. Great job if you don't care for raises or career advancement. Other than high healthcare and no advancement it is a great job with annual training in Las Vegas. The most basic part of the job is helping potential students complete the FAFSA application.
Pros
Good paying, low stress, annual Vegas training
Cons
Poor benefits, no advancement opportunities.
Busy place to work
Manager of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2017
Unrealistic exceptions of employees. Students pay way too much money for the degrees that cannot deliver jobs to pay back their loans. This is a greedy organization, for profit educational institution.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Constantly changing goals.
productive fun working atmosphere
Lab/Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 24, 2017
set up lab clinical, set up clinicals for students, keeping track of required documents, be creative of lab settings and lessons, setup preceptors, help with fundamentals.
learned how to create and maintain lab. learned how to use manikins to help with learning atmosphere.
Management for the department totally awesome and great, but they have someone different, and she is not as great as the previous manager. CEO is money hungry, the CEO doesn't care about the students. The CEO, has made this program not accredited. The CEO is unable to keep good staff, difficult to work for, and expects more, but doesn't understand the program itself.
Workplace culture, departments are very nice to each other
Hardest part was being let go due to CEO inability to keep good staff.
Most enjoyable, students, staff, and manager of department
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
education level to do the job I had.
Company that treats their employees very well
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 29, 2017
Day to day duties including introducing students to the Federal Financial Aid programs, completing necessary documents to receive Federal Financial Aid. Negotiating and overcoming objections and resolving any conflicting information in file. Company made every effort to recognize accomplishments and reward met goals with fun activities and outings.
Pros
Positive environment, recognition for accomplishments
Hard to find your place
Dean (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2017
Overall, the college is amazing. Especially seeing the lives of students change for the better. Getting blamed for things that happened years before you started working there takes away a lot of the pluses.
Pros
mid-management is great
Cons
upper-management can be difficult
Be ready to love metrics
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 4, 2017
No communication
don't care about their employees
pushy
you have to like metrics, they metric everything
poor management in specific areas
High Turnover
Admissions Consultant (remote) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2017
Online division has a high turnover. If you have a bad week you're going fishing. Management plays favorites but you feel like your job is on the line everyday. It's stressful.
Pros
Good pay, nice office, remote work is great
Cons
High turnover, stress
Comprehensive cirriculum review and modification
PAC Board Member (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 19, 2017
Educate and review curriculum and courses offered by the college. Allow ideas and education reviews to advance the courses, training, and text books provided.
Pros
excellent review experience
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work and go to school. Really enjoyed working there.
Librarian/Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 19, 2016
Textbooks are loaned so students don't have to buy them. Small classes, helpful instructors. Fast paced courses. Financial aide is available for students who need it.
Pros
Small classes, fast paced courses, helpful instructors and aides.
Cons
Short breaks, only vacation is 2 weeks winter break.

Want to know more about Stevens-Henager College?

Ask a question
Fun co-Workers
Bookroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 16, 2016
Great people to work with. I learned more about time management as well as self-direction as I was the only person in the bookroom. My direct managers were great to work with and in some cases worked hard to ensure my position lasted as long as it did. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone to follow and expect the same rules but once the rules were being enforced they learned and respected them. I liked being able to have a fair amount of control in my job. As the only person in the building who knew what the bookroom entailed, I was given the freedom to run it in the smoothest way I could find
Pros
Great co-workers
Incredible Employment Opportunity
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 16, 2016
I have learned so much at Stevens-Henager College as the Registrar for both the Boise and Nampa locations. My customer service skills have improved vastly, as have my skills in data integrity and office management. I had the opportunity to supervise two different employees, and took much away from that experience. My analytical and strategic mind has thrived in this position. My direct supervisor has mentored me professionally, and I can say with absolutely certainty that I have developed into the type of employee that any organization would want on their team.
Pros
Flexible work schedule (within reason). Incredible office team.
Cons
Compensation and employee benefits.
It's all about the money
Lead OB Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 4, 2015
This would be a better place to work if students and staff were not seen as a means to an end, money. Students are great! Other faculty are great! But management seems to have the mindset that people are expendable and replaceable. Even agreements made during the hiring process were later denied. It was not a psychologically safe place to work.
Pros
The faculty I worked with
Cons
Easy going work place with the students in mind.
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 2, 2015
They did a lot for me when I was aiding the students. They helped me by supporting my classes by bringing in food and drink. They also let me have free reign over who I wanted to tutor.
Pros
Great Support and understanding staff
Cons
No real hours
Fun and a great learning experience.
Tutor/ Medical Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IdahoAugust 13, 2015
I loved working here. Amazing co workers and I enjoyed helping the students succeed and learn. The hardest part of the job was when students gave up.
Good Company
Director (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 23, 2015
Stevens-Henager College is a good company to work for. They are honest with its employees and students and they try very hard to take care of their people.
Exceptional environment, lack luster educational rigor
Full-time Instructor / Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 18, 2015
The St. George, UT campus was a wonderful place to work. I miss it a great deal, but I am happy I where I am. The coworkers were wonderful and very helpful. If you need something, and ask, they will help.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
open admission
This is a very productive and fun workplace. Management knows how to have fun but get work done.
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 10, 2015
I really enjoy working here. This company does a good job of letting employees manage themselves. They expect results and hold you accountable and are very professional. They are all about honest and doing things rights. They will bend over backwards to make sure their students are happy and taken care of.
Pros
Flexible, great environment
Cons
Healthcare could be better. Not many chances for advancement
More concerned with making a profit than providing a quality education
Associate Dean of Allied Health Programs (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 3, 2015
The leadership is very questionable. The corporation spend money on getting faculty well educated, but never follows the advice of the experts and continue status quo.

Place directors in educational positions that the individuals are not qualified to lead.
Pros
Cons
Leadership is extremely poor
Progressive for students
Instructional Designer / Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2015
Progressive college for students, not great for adjunct instructors. This might improve in the future with a realization that instructors with master's degrees are professionals with a degree that is a respected terminal degree in most industries. Adjuncts are not admin support and managing them does suddenly negate their knowledge in the specializations they paid thousands of dollars at the very institutions to acquire. It is amazing that when a person is buying a master's degree it is so expensive and when we are selling it is so greatly devalued. Most Universities and colleges have this problematic view these days however.