Stevens-Henager College Employee Reviews

Incredible Employment Opportunity
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 16, 2016
I have learned so much at Stevens-Henager College as the Registrar for both the Boise and Nampa locations. My customer service skills have improved vastly, as have my skills in data integrity and office management. I had the opportunity to supervise two different employees, and took much away from that experience. My analytical and strategic mind has thrived in this position. My direct supervisor has mentored me professionally, and I can say with absolutely certainty that I have developed into the type of employee that any organization would want on their team.
Pros
Flexible work schedule (within reason). Incredible office team.
Cons
Compensation and employee benefits.
Fun co-Workers
Bookroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 16, 2016
Great people to work with. I learned more about time management as well as self-direction as I was the only person in the bookroom. My direct managers were great to work with and in some cases worked hard to ensure my position lasted as long as it did. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone to follow and expect the same rules but once the rules were being enforced they learned and respected them. I liked being able to have a fair amount of control in my job. As the only person in the building who knew what the bookroom entailed, I was given the freedom to run it in the smoothest way I could find
Pros
Great co-workers
Fun place to work and go to school. Really enjoyed working there.
Librarian/Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 19, 2016
Textbooks are loaned so students don't have to buy them. Small classes, helpful instructors. Fast paced courses. Financial aide is available for students who need it.
Pros
Small classes, fast paced courses, helpful instructors and aides.
Cons
Short breaks, only vacation is 2 weeks winter break.
Comprehensive cirriculum review and modification
PAC Board Member (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 19, 2017
Educate and review curriculum and courses offered by the college. Allow ideas and education reviews to advance the courses, training, and text books provided.
Pros
excellent review experience
Cons
n/a
Good Place to work and learn - not a lot of opportunity for growth
Executive Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2013
The best part about working for this company is the supervisor that I work for. He has found a way to balance life and work and to pass that down to his employees. When at work he expects 100% but when it's time for work to end he does not expect it to continue. The online chapter of the school is relatively new so it is ever-changing which provides the unique opportunity to learn that a well-established environment may lack. I have had amazing opportunities to learn. Unfortunately the room for growth and advancement is lacking. The pay is not comparable to other schools its much lower for ALL positions which poses a challenge for many employees.
Pros
opportunities to learn and gain extremely valuable experience. benefits package, work from home
Cons
pay scale is far below responsibility levels, very little opportunity for growth or pay raises
Productive and fun place to work at with great people
Inside Sales / Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2013
I would get to work at 7:00 am and clock in and work until 4:00pm everyday Monday through Friday. I learned a lot about College Degrees and learned a lot about how important building rapport is with cold call leads. I had a lot of great co-workers that were very helpful if anyone in our center needed help there was always someone there to help you. The hardest part of the job was getting connected to people over the phone as I would make 120 dials per day and maybe connect with 10 people each day. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with the and Managers were very knowledgeable people.
Pros
Many leads to call and a very fun but hard working call center environment
Cons
No Benefits nor was there room for advancement
Horrible Place to Work - DON'T BE DRAWN IN BY $$
ABUSED WORKER (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMay 11, 2014
backstabbing gossiping management only concerned about themselves; Quotas raised monthly despite lack of solid leads of viable students; Selling higher than average tuition to below poverty level students. They should be ashamed of themselves!

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE OVERALL & SO GLAD TO BE GONE!

If you value your sanity, PLEASE STAY AWAY!
Pros
Cons
everything
Admissions Counselor
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Murray UtahMarch 19, 2012
This was not a good job, nor was it a good place to work. They call you an admissions consultant, or counselor, but it is just a telemarketing job. You have to sign up 3-4 people a month, and if you don't you will be fired. To avoid being fired, you will likely find yourself working lots of overtime and Saturdays. They go through admissions reps extremely regularly. It is hard to sell someone a worthless degree for $70,000, and it is harder trying to justify to yourself that selling someone a worthless degree for $70,000 is worth your integrity. They do have decent benefits though, after 90 days.
Pros
decent benefits.
Cons
telemarketing job, selling a useless product.
It's a job, nothing spectacular.
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 19, 2013
This organization has the potential of being a really good school. But the executive team sabotages every effort that is made to improve the school, it's programs, or course offerings.
Pros
Good work/life balance and flexibility.
Cons
Low pay, raises are rare.
It's all about the money
Lead OB Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 4, 2015
This would be a better place to work if students and staff were not seen as a means to an end, money. Students are great! Other faculty are great! But management seems to have the mindset that people are expendable and replaceable. Even agreements made during the hiring process were later denied. It was not a psychologically safe place to work.
Pros
The faculty I worked with
Cons

Want to know more about Stevens-Henager College?

Ask a question
This is a very productive and fun workplace. Management knows how to have fun but get work done.
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 10, 2015
I really enjoy working here. This company does a good job of letting employees manage themselves. They expect results and hold you accountable and are very professional. They are all about honest and doing things rights. They will bend over backwards to make sure their students are happy and taken care of.
Pros
Flexible, great environment
Cons
Healthcare could be better. Not many chances for advancement
Great job but hard to keep
INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 27, 2012
I interviewed and recommended students for our on line degree programs, using a reverse selling technique.
I learned how easy reverse selling was.
I loved both my managers, and all my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job, was usually the students wouldn't answer their phones the next day, when I called them for follow-up work. There was no job security there. I really wondered about that when I started, as hardly anyone had worked there for a year or more! I quickly found that you could be the best performer one month, and then fired the next month!
I loved talking to the students and allowing my interpersonal skills to shine. I love helping people, and this is the perfect job for this, as we really impact a students future. I lot of my students became my friends.
Pros
touching peoples lives for the better.
Cons
no job security.
Great learning environment
General Education Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 26, 2013
A typical work day for me was teaching one-on-one with students who needed extra help with general education subjects (math, history, etc). I usually had appointments filled for weeks in advance.
I learned a lot about myself. I learned I had a lot to offer others.
Management was excellent, for the most part. I loved my boss.
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We had a lot of good times.
The hardest part of the job was telling students I didn't have an open appointment as soon as they wanted, but I usually tried to squeeze them in somehow.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the light come on when students caught on to a concept I was teaching.
Pros
Meeting people, flexible schedule.
Cons
Rare breaks, cold room.
Unemployment is a better choice
Instructor (Former Employee) –  BoiseMay 1, 2013
This is not the place to work. It is unethical and preys on low income students or students with learning disabilities. Teachers are encouraged to not go below giving a D- so students can keep using their financial aid. As a teacher I was told to allow students to be allowed to make up work even until the last day of class. The only thing this school cares about is making money, and trust me, as a teacher or administrator you won't see ANY of it. They scream "budget cuts" and lay off instructors, tutors, and support staff and then management pays for their offices to be redecorated.

Seriously look into this school before you take any job there and do NOT recommend it to ANYBODY seeking an education.
Pros
Parking is free
Cold Calling Telemarketing Meet your Quota OR YOU WILL BE FIRED!
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZMarch 11, 2014
Anyone who gives this company more than 1 star is probably an ADOA who just fired some team members! The irony of this position of an "Admissions Consultant" is that while you are cold calling unemployed individuals all day who were actually online looking for employment, your "JOB" is to convince them to enroll in an associates degree prog for 42K or Bachelors degree for 74K if NOT YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME POSITION YOU FOUND THESE UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE .......FIRED! This school is NOT even REGIONALLY ACCREDITED which means the credits WILL NOT transfer to a REAL state college or university. The way they have their "PROGRAMS" set up with tuition is once a student drops they OWE the ENTIRE BALANCE. Horrible WASTE of Gov Financial Aid and private student loans! This company should be shut down! What they tell you in training IS NOT what its like once you are on the phones.
Pros
decent hourly pay NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE
Cons
no job security at all
Team-oriented and fun environment
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 18, 2014
Interview potential college students to determine eligibility for enrollment. Mentor GED students through prep classes, aid them in planning their future career/ college choice. Work with Financial Planners to aid college students through enrollment process. Set-up and attend community events to educate about the degree programs that SHC offers.
Hardest part of the job is helping students be successful past their first three weeks in school.
Most enjoyable is meeting lots of new people and helping them change their lives.
Pros
Environment: you can be yourself
Cons
Job Security is contingent on number of people enrolled
Poor management & lots of gossip
admission consultant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IdFebruary 19, 2013
I worked for this place and believe me you better run. The hardest part of the job was that they talk about team work and reaching goals but if you are not in their click you will not be herd. It's very funny that they want diverse students when pushing their high tuition on them to enroll but diversity is not thier in the staffing at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get an education. If your looking for longterm and stability, be aware. As for turn overs, it's a very high rate. All that I could say is that bad news does travel faster than good at this place.
Pros
a free education after a year
Cons
no teamwork & poor management
Culture of hostility, bullying and fear.
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Treasure Valley IdahoApril 2, 2013
The company used to be fine. Then after leadership changed, it became horrible. The new leadership promotes a deplorable work environment, started and fostered by upper management... and hostility doesn't trickle down, but cascades down, to staff. Ineptitude and favoritism in new management reigns, and any staff that doesn't become a "yes-person" is shunned and bullied. They tout teamwork, but inequity is rampant, making even the most dedicated worker feel worthless if not in their "clique". Run as fast as you can.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
everything now
Fun and Caring
Computer Science Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2013
Working for Stevens-Henager has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have used my education at Stevens Henager to enhance other students learning experiences, and in so I have learned more about my field of study. The employees here are like family and management treats us as equals.
Pros
Great Caring environment, Staff is wonderful to work with because everyone cares about the success of our students
Cons
part time employee's can only work 24 hours, no longer have free tuition after 2 years.of service.
Skill building environment, great environment.
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 19, 2013
Great for develping new skills and maintaining knowledge in your field of study. I learned how to direct people, communicate in a professional business manner. Management is attentive and accomidating to issues that arise. Co-workers are friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job is knowing when your really giving the students what they need to succeed. The most enjoyable part is when you know you have fullfilled the needs of the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens-Henager College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2