Stevens Henager College Employee Reviews

Very stressful environment to work in. This is not a student driven company, but a company in for money only.
Medical Specialties Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 4, 2017
Typical day was horribly stressful. I was asked frequently to pass students who did not earn a passing grade, just for their numbers. They did not care about the students, or how much money they charged them, just collecting the money from the students. Any company that asks you to be unethical should not be in business. I would never recommend a student to attend there or anyone to work there.
Pros
Great students.
Cons
Terrible management.
Layoff ready
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
Company is regularly laying off employees. Each month of my employment was spent worrying about weather or not I had a job for the next month. Not worth the time to apply.
terrible company to work for
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 16, 2016
We were always afraid about jib security the students do not get a quality education and discrimination is a regular occurance. Being a single mother was constantly brought up and held against me as well as religion and race but mostly the cost of the school is a rip off for what the students actually learned. I was ashamed when I would see New students sign up for school knowing they would have so much debt and little skill to help pay it off
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and fun workplace.
Financial Aid Officer - Trainer (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 9, 2016
This is an office where the culture allows you to not be stressed out or overwhelmed with the workload. Management cares about their employees, and the flexibility we have with our shifts are great.
Great staff who want you to succeed and love their jobs!
Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  West Haven, UTSeptember 18, 2016
Getting my associates degree in medical specialties at SHC has been so beneficial for my career opportunities and the classes are helpful and extremely collected.
nothing to say at the moment
Associate Dean (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 18, 2016
Great students and great way to advance in a career field, student oriented school and very highly qualified staff.
Great LMS systems and learning methodologies.
Standard work from home call center environment
Enrollment Specialist and Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 11, 2016
Not the best of companies to work for. Working from home sounds fun but that do not give you any choice. No chance to work at office unless you have tenure.
Pros
Work from home, 17 an hour
Cons
Work from home, extremely hard to move up in company
good culture and awesome team
Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2016
I got an opportunity to work as an intern at my college. I had great time with college staff and new comers. I enjoyed assisting new pupil in assisting their admission process and guiding regarding fee structure.

I found 4th March as a typical day of my life where the international adviser of my college was absent due to some sickness and I had to handle his responsibilities up to some extent. That day, I found many admissions unlike usual and had to guide the students on many things and assisted by answering their every query. Then I found myself more confident and good at communication skills. Really I enjoyed my 2 months of internship and learnt a lot from both the sides, from my authorities and new pupil.
hostile work enviornment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 1, 2015
Not a good experience for me. While I was employed at the college I saw students get pushed through that could not find jobs. We were never given raises or compensated fairly.
My immediate supervisor was constantly talking about religion and telling my students my personal life like how I was not married or how I didn't have small children and then telling them I would be a better person if I was LDS and married.
Some employees were able to lie about their hours and change grades. I would not recommend working here or going to school here you will not receive a quality education or enjoy what you do for a living because you will be afraid to come to work everyday.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hostile work environment
Fun upbeat work environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 15, 2015
The co-workers are great, makes it enjoyable. Love learning new things all the times which happens here, because things are constantly changing.
Great atmosphere, very professional, focused on education
Radiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 26, 2015
My co-workers are always welcoming and professional. The faculty are motivated and always willing to share new ideas and suggest ways to improve. Everyone is very much focused on student success and learning.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
I miss my students!
Great place to work.
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 3, 2015
Spent my day working with students. The management helped me greatly in working with the students and were very understanding to my schedule.
Wonderful Place to Work
Tutor / Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 17, 2014
Provide private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance or prepare for academic.
University Job.
Registrar /Files (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtAugust 4, 2014
Dedicated job, learn quickly though they don't fully train you in any field. Don't request to be transferred to a different department, even if the other department is wanting you back, unless you're best friends with the person to contact about a transfer. Friendly coworkers for the most part. Best to just work and not socialize though, as the other coworker seem to want your job. Flexable hours. You're on a team, yet on your own.
Pros
Dress semi professional. Time is flexable.
Cons
You can't help other departments and treated unfair.
This job was great because I was able to work from home, I loved being able to interact with the students and help them in their academic success.
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 10, 2014
I would call over 150 students per day to help guide them in their choice of academics. I answered any questions they might have and helped them complete their programs from the start until they graduated. I learned a lot during this period, I had to handle every student and situation on an individual basis. I loved being able to help the students achieve their goals. I loved my co-workers, we would have daily conferences over SKYPE. They did struggle with their management department. I felt that the "supervision" was not fully educated on their job duties or management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to work with the students and watch them as they grew within their academic success.
Pros
Being able to work from home and help others
Cons
some of the management
literally life changing environment.
GED Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 13, 2014
On a day to day providing knowledge to individuals seeking their GED's is plenty of reward for the work done by their team.
Pros
great people, team oriented environment
Professional, student-centered college
Adjunct Instructor, Business (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 20, 2014
Great opportunity for those looking to give back. Very open to enabling daily professionals to teach topics and more importantly share their experiences with their student body. Very diverse student body and faculty make this a great fit.
Pros
Flexibility and people
Cons
Stability
Run the other way
Stevens Henager College (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoApril 13, 2014
Saw an ad today for Admissions for SHC. Quoted 55K per year....what a joke. More like 35K. Management is a joke, morale is worse. Don't make numbers for a month you are gone. Teachers are great. (at least some of them ) but very underpaid. Would be surprised to see them in Business in a year.
Cons
The whole place.
Best job ever
COMPUTER SCIENCE TUTOR (Current Employee) –  OnlineApril 8, 2014
Great caring co-workers who make you feel like you are a part of something great. I help students with Computer Science classes showing them how to navigate software, trouble shoot problems. and debug code.
Registrar of Stevens Henager College
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 6, 2014
I had to schedule every student in the school for the classes they were going to be attending. Attendance of every student in the whole school. Grades, Meetings had to be typed up and distributed to all teachers... monthly reports, I reported to the Dean and the President of the College.

I had to have a triple account of everything I did....which really slowed everything down....If a student changed his class he would come talk with me..and I would have to change the update three times...it was insane. Very stressfull. Way underpaid for this position.
Pros
I had my own office.
Cons
Very Stressfull, way underpaid.