Stevens Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Good Place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 10, 2017
A good place to work and explore oneself. Offers great opportunities to build up one's network. Highly recommended for beginners. Offers great benefits.
It's enjoyable learning experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 6, 2017
As a research assistant, I assisted my professors in their research and It was really a great learning experience. I got chance to develop a new course on Construction estimation. I learned a lot about uses of different softwares in that. Moreover, I was sent to two different sites on campus. I created picture library for both projects and made daily progress reports for those projects. This gave me exposure to the "On-site" experience. I learned two different aspects of construction as one of that project was a modular building and the other one was cast in place type of project.
great place to work
Intern Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 1, 2017
management is great and really cares about its workers. the over all culture is ok. staff is willing to help with overall personal development. for the job that I do its not that hard of a job. but it can be a bit time consuming.
Excellent employer
Audit Director-Report to Audit Committee and CFO (Current Employee) –  Downtown HobokenJune 27, 2017
This organization is on the upswing, new leadership with trustworthy backbone and willing to do the right thing.

"Excellence in all we do" is the basis for all activities.
Pros
Educational benefits for self and family
Cons
commute into and out of Hoboken is unbelievably long.
Best place to work
Graduate Assistant, Office of Graduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 13, 2017
Best place to work as a student. Friendly and professional staff. Easy handling jobs and helpful staff.

Can learn professional environment work culture
Pros
Friendly staff, professional envirnoment
Cons
nothing
Productive and Enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 12, 2017
I learned a lot about my master's program working. My most enjoyable part of the job is helping students who have questions or difficulty with course material. Most important of all, my supervisor was a delight to work with. He made my job easier and I made his job easier. We were a good team
Pros
Flexible time
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 7, 2017
A professional and pleasant place to work and grow professionally . It's a college smaller in size therefore easier to put your hands around the projects.
Fantastic engineering school
Student (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 6, 2017
A difficult, but rewarding learning experience from first semester to the last. Learned a lot and was challenged greatly that helped me grow and develop new skills for the future
Excellent Education, Great Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 4, 2017
Worked as a teaching assistant and researcher for several years while I was getting my degree. Work was very diverse, always challenging. I most enjoyed working with students to improve their coding projects.
Laid-Back Workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 30, 2017
I was a tutor and studio monitor at Stevens, so I was working about 8-10 hours a week in the music studio and tutoring other students taking music theory and piano classes at Stevens. With studio monitoring there was a schedule, but with tutoring it was very flexible. I was able to set the times I would work with each tutee. The jobs were relatively simple but I did have to spend a good amount of time with each tutee to make sure they understood the material.
productive and learn new software and improved management skill
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 15, 2017
Stevens institute of technology is not a company, it is a institute.
I worked as a inspector to inspect ABS Building, it was a part of course curriculum. I learned how to prepare meeting minutes and maintain project documents. Moreover, I had prepared work schedule and had applied change- order with using Primavera P6. It is an interesting software and I enjoying a lot. Also, It is very important as a project manager, you must learn it.
Pros
Free access to learn software, study materials, friendly work environment, free food
Cons
Everything was good
Nice Place to work.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 11, 2017
It's always fun to be working in college and they have very friendly staff. Here I was assigned to do following things.
Designing and evaluating assignments, projects, exams, and having office hours for Introduction to Finite Element Method.
Great Higher Education School but professional side needs improvement
Senior Treasury Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 5, 2017
More attention and priority is given to faculty while the staff is neglected and left feeling unappreciated in the overall success of the Institution. The staff works equally as hard to keep the Institution functioning successfully to facilitate the needs of the University.
Pros
Holidays and time off
Cons
Not enough opportunity for growth if a staff member
Great Work/Life Balance for Students
Senior Design - Neural Network Security (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 5, 2017
Working for Stevens as a student is a rewarding experience as hours tend to be flexible and the pay is better than most part-time jobs that are open to college students. The school does suffer from a mismanagement problem and there does not seem to be much upward mobility.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad Management
fun workplace
Student Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 28, 2017
The place is an organizational body and comprises of staff who are fun to work with and extremely helpful. I was glad to be a part of Office of Graduate Stevens Affairs
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Academic Environment
Director of Financial Systems (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 18, 2017
 Created and indexed the working papers and prepared the archival depository.
 Coordinated all efforts of IT compliance with external auditors as well as worked with internal staff in evaluating annual external auditor reviews.
Great People Environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 12, 2017
If you love working in a matrix environment and know how to navigate through red tape, this is the place to work. What makes all the challenges tolerable are the staff and faculty. Great group of people.
Pros
time off benefits, views from main campus, low cost health premiums
Cons
no solid SOPs or Policies to follow as a new hire
Relaxed workplace
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 11, 2017
Working for Stevens Institute was one of the best experiences of my career. They treated you with respect and cared about you. The hours where great and the campus beautiful
Stevens Review
Assistant Swim Coach (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 7, 2017
There are a few benefits to my position. In the off season I have very flexible hours and can get my work done remotely if needed. It was a full time position with benefits. The biggest plus to this is that I can take advantage of tuition remission from the school and got two degrees. A masters and an MBA.
The negatives are that in season I have to work a tremendous amount of hours and have other responsibilities to the school.
Good workplace
Bowling Alley Attendant (Current Employee) –  Basement of HoweMarch 28, 2017
A typical day of work is sitting behind the desk at the bowling alley and turning on and off lanes when students want to bowl. Hours are flexible and the work is not too hard.
Pros
Easy work, flexible hours