Stevens Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Great place with a lot of talented people
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 5, 2016
My job was to teach undergraduate students as well as working as a research assistant.
I have learnt how to communicate with the young students, how to be a efficient teacher and researcher and how to write publishable papers.
The management is generally ok with somewhat too many people at similar positions, which reduces the efficiency.
The good part of the job is being able to get in touch with the young people, get to know what they are doing and feel the change your brought to them.
Good location, overall good academic atmosphere.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Productive workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 10, 2016
I had to work with many employers and each one added a new experience to the work culture. I worked as data analyst for a few projects where I had to produce results based on comparison. My key role was graduate assistant and I had a proper balance of time for my work and studies.
Pros
Good Team
Productive and good place to work
Postdoctoral research associate (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 21, 2016
Very good place to research. There are enough equipment and good people to work with. Hudson river view is one of the huge advantage to take a rest to increase your work efficiency.
Productive and Professional setting
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJApril 21, 2016
I really like working at Stevens. We have a competitive athletic department and everybody is helpful. The employees have a selfless attitude that trickles down from our superiors.
if you have a good advisor, your life would be good enough
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 15, 2016
this job really depends on which advisor you have. if that is a good person, it is good enough. if not, you can taste the bitter of life.
Excellent
Masters of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 19, 2016
Great place to get an education and learn the knowledge required in the current competitive job market. Great career services
Productive place to learn and grow
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJune 6, 2016
I appreciated the atmosphere that the company had and was able to learn a lot about chemical process reactor engineering.
Good Working Place
Good Teaching Atmosphere
Easy Commute
Good Location
Good Co-workers
Ability to learn and grow
I am now a graduate student in SIT. It's really a good place for students to learning more practical professional skills related to our major.
Course Project (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 2, 2016
good school to study Financial Engineering
Student (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 21, 2016
It is a good school to study Financial Engineering equip with a very strong computer lab for FE students. And all professors are very good at teaching.
Easy to work in envirnoment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 16, 2016
The students are kind and will come up to you for help with the printers and scanners in a kindly fashion. The equipment is easy to understand what went wrong.
Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 11, 2016
Good place to work in. Laid back and co-workers are nice. All of them are helpful and they are understanding. Overall it is a good place for a student to gain skills and recognition.
fun filled
Student Assistant to Vice Provost and Dean of ME (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 5, 2016
very good, meet thinkers and innovators, who change tomorrow, get to meet educators and top academicians.
you pass by everyday great scientists.
work place is fun filled and lovable. co workers will encourage us, which is fun
Experienced to work independently
Graduate Assistant at Receiving Department (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 21, 2015
Responsible for a receiving department at Stevens Institute of Technology.
Receiving and unloading incoming materials. Responsible for sorting, counting, packaging, labelling and unpacking of the inventory which is shipped or received. Delivering items to requisitioning departments & tracing lost shipments & customer claims of lost shipments. Also, maintaining department database, preparing routine reports, & filing
shipping/receiving records using the inventory software
Worked for me as an innovative student gaining experience in real time workflow.
Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  SERC, Hoboken, NJDecember 17, 2015
While actively working on process modeling since last two months, I have built various financial workflow models and Research Tasks models with information I gained from Mr.Christopher Klesges. My objective in the project is to provide you suggestions that aims to reduce resource consumption and increase cost efficiency for which I require certain information like how much time does each task performer takes and how frequent the task is performed. I have scrutinized two simple step which can help me gain progress in the process.

1) By building a questionnaire for each task performer with respect to the work culture.
2) And by object tracking in which I will track all tasks in the workflow process.

In addition to this I'm involved in data analysis project with Mr.Christopher working on hospital outcomes in the state of Tennessee using data analysis tools like R, Mplus and STATE 14.
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
nothing in specific
A great place to work as I am trying to earn my degree.
Work Order Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 31, 2015
Working at the physical plant has taught me organizational skills and about the inner workings of something as big as a University. I learned from this job that every task becomes more efficient if you develop a systematic way of doing things.
Sit
Research Projects: Local Chat Room (Java) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 9, 2016
It is a very good school to study, get new skills, a very beautiful place and views, the classrooms and library are very good.
Productive Workplace with a friendly Professor
Human Computer Interaction, Course Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 21, 2015
I took the course HCI and found that it is a subject I really am passionate about. I really like to not think as a developer and think from a user's perspective. HCI taught me how to do that. Now, I work as a TA for this course and enjoy it a lot.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Campus Store Employee (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 27, 2015
An easy job for a college student. Everyone around the store is nice and friendly and the whole environment is very friendly. It is a Federal Work Study job so the compensation is just minimum wage, but the job is very nice and an easy way to make some money.
Pros
Free snacks, Ability to take time off anytime, No fixed Schedule
Cons
A lot of standing
Fun and good place to learn
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 19, 2016
My work involved assisting the professor in conducting the lecture, grading assignments and exams and dealing with students issues.

4.5