Assist the Food Service Manager in providing strong leadership, encourage and promote a positive attitude, cooperation and courtesy toward co-workers, District staff, students and parents with a professional demeanor.
1. Supervises and directs the daily activities of all food service staff at the high school. Responsible for staffing substitutes as needed.
2. Establishes duties and monitors work schedules.
3. Assists in interviewing and selecting food service personnel at the high school.
4. Prepares and maintains documentation of all employee performance including annual evaluations and performance issues.
5. Coordinates and assists with preparation and serving of daily menu selections using approved recipes. This includes coordination of ordering all items needed, checking in food orders to assure accuracy, inspecting products for high quality, and assures that all items are stored in proper areas. This also includes proper record keeping for purchased food, supplies, production, preparation, temperature, safety and sanitation records according to NSLP guidelines and District policy.
6. Controls food costs through utilization of commodities; prepare food according to projections and USDA approved guidelines. Ensures proper ordering, inventory control and stock rotation.
7. Provides proper staffing of the ala cart room for breakfast and lunch. Keeps accurate records of all ala carte pricing/costs.
8. Supervises and trains new employees and substitute employees and provides developmental training on proper sanitation (HSS 196), safety and food preparation, ensuring foods are served in a safe and sanitary manner according to guidelines.
9. Conduct a monthly sanitation and safety inspection of the high school kitchen and serving area.
10. Provides input and support for menu development and promotion.
11. Coordinates and assists in the planning and preparation of catering, special events and other activities that require the use of the high school kitchen area for inner school and community functions.
12. Promotes current nutritional standards according to USDA through classroom activities, taste testing of new food products, surveys with students, providing needed information to parents and staff.
13. Communicate issues and concerns with Food Service Manager. Attend monthly Food Service leadership meetings. Schedule monthly meetings with staff to provide updates.
1. Education and Experience
a. A high school diploma (or equivalent).
b. Previous work in quality food production required, preferably at a supervisory level.
c. Culinary experience and skills preferred.
d. ASFSA certified with DPI classes in menu planning, menu evaluation, child nutrition and supervisory management preferred.
a. Possess general knowledge of food service requirements and regulations, including recordkeeping and accountability.
b. Knowledge of safety and sanitation requirements, food purchasing, receiving, food storage, inventories and equipment operations.
c. Working knowledge of the NSLP rules and regulations preferred.
a. Strong recordkeeping, math, decision making, communication, team building and organizational skills.
b. Maintain a positive and cooperative demeanor at all times.
c. Demonstrate such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
Visit the Stevens Point Area Public School District website to apply for the position: www.pointschools.net