Stevens Tanker Division, LLC Employee Reviews

Far the most horrible place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2017
They will hire you at a set rate then after your training bump you down a dollar. You will notice how cheap they are at your orientation. On the hotel they put you up at. Then you will get the sense of what your about to get into. There is no work there. They will get you to transfer to San Antonio to run sand. If not you are out of a job. They will try to make things hard for you so you will quit and not collect in unemployment. They will put things on your DAC report that aren’t true. Management is a joke just a couple of guys that knew something about the oil field and were deputized into it. Always in competition with other locals in water hauling.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Productive very rigerous type of work overall a good company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXDecember 6, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about Stevens transport only that I staid out too long and that have children to be there for and the hours I work clashed with there time while I am a truck driver, I am also a father Stevens transport is a good job for a single person.
Pros
A good traing company
Cons
Driver mgm very unconected
Terrible never have clear directions and sit to much
Sand truck driver (Current Employee) –  Stockdale, TXNovember 19, 2017
They look for any reason to charge you was charged 500 dollars for 2 jump suits hard hat and $10 respirator then 3 months later charged 489 for hoses get sent to well sites and once there told well is down sent to a different site not compensated then try not to pay demurge for sitting
Pros
Cons
Chrage for everything
na
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2017
poor management- constant demeaning - 80 hours plus a week hours- always on call 24/7- management lacked experience and needed education. Big Egos----
Not a very good place to work
TANKER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXOctober 9, 2017
Not a very good place to work. You are under paid for the type of work you have to do
Equipment was always dirty places we had to go were dark and unlit
Potential to be a great company
Sand Division (Former Employee) –  Asherton, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Possible potential to be a great company but very poorly mismanaged & micromanaged. Communication is horrible.
Things and tasks that are simple become impossible due to lack of practicality and real knowledge of field operations from management sitting behind desks in north Texas. Could be a great place but treat employees as if they were disposable and do not adequately set you up to succeed. Expect flawless work but set you up for failure.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Great company to work for.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXJuly 16, 2017
The top people of the company are very nice and want to be involved and make sure that you are happy and taken care of in your position. I enjoyed the work. I learned a great deal about the production and service side of transporting oil and water in the industry.
New to the oilfield in every aspect
Tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Cresson, TXJune 8, 2017
Steven's wouldn't know how to take care of a driver if he saved their life. Under bid everyone around to get the work, under pay drivers to keep their heads above water. They don't have a clue how they oilfield works starting the top. Steven's Transport is their mothership. They know freight not water. Transport side pays their drivers the minimum wage of cpm. Same on tanker side. Driver nice equipment for low pay.
Driver
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Day was easy, got to learn a lot from this job. the hours again, were too long and i was away from my family for extended periods of time without any kind of notice
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management of hours
Vacuum Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockdale, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Was OK but work slowed down completely.lost slot of work. It's been tough but some how manged to get by. I like working but my tools always seem to be missing from my unit.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Pay, work life, family time...no valen verga.
You have to rent their tools to do your job?!?
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 18, 2016
Make no money here and it costs you to rent their tools to do your job?...what!. New guys get the schedule that make no overtime. They dont have assigned trucks so everyday you have to find scraps from other down trucks to get you a workable truck. The worst part is you get your time paid by which ever is less( time-machine, e-log, trip-pak paper log). My hours where never consistent with my actual hours worked. I had to get out of that job as soon as possible, it just put me in dept from day one. Good luck with management, they did not even know who I was,where I was stationed, when I started, it made leaving easy.
Pros
Met a good friend
Cons
everything else
stressfull just at the start of your shift
Vacuum Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TXAugust 14, 2016
you start by putting trucks that are in violation together with a trailer ready to start your shift, because all the trucks are in violation with the D.O.T. all are broken down and the supervisors like to yell at the drivers and pressure them into getting them off the yard, with lousy equipment. a driver was suspended for 3 days for saying he didnt like the colors of the uniform, my pay was cut, and i applied at another company,then i found out they lied on my dac report!!!!! worst company i ever worked for.
Pros
the end of the shift
Cons
everything else
Great Co-workers
Disaptcher (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXMay 2, 2016
Loved everyone i worked with, The best part of the job to me was meeting our goal with how many loads we had to pull. I also enjoyed working a problem out, if something got int he way, we would fins a solution to solve the problem. Working as teammates and helping one another out was also one of my favorite parts of the job.
Good place to start off in the oilfield.
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXApril 21, 2016
This was a great place to start off in the oilfield. When I worked for Stevens Tanker, the pay was great because there were a ton of hours! I learned all the different jobs that went with being a driver such as pulling production water, pulling bottoms on tanks, the transfer of oil, hauling production mud and other jobs as assigned. At one point I was asked to train new drivers. The only complaint that I can think of is most mornings when you were assigned a truck you had to go out and find all the tools you needed for the days work such as hoses and buckets. I am sure things have changed now that the oilfield has slowed down.
Pros
Decent pay, good place to learn the oilfield.
Cons
Hunting for equipment you need to do your job.
Not productive
Water Hauler Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Need more loads for employees. High benefits. No communication with dispatch. Nothing in order. Company doesn't take care of their employee when it comes to osha regulation.
Unorganized
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXDecember 3, 2015
management is horrible!! They have no clue how to run a oilfield company. If your not white, or kiss but, you are nothing to these people!! Worst place to work!!
Good and Bad
Tank Truck/ Sand Truck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dilley/ StockdaleJuly 27, 2015
Reporting to work for the people that you work with is enjoyable but management does not care. The people from the main office don't even show their faces to the employees.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
drive to work, to find out there is no work
A place to get water hauling experience
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXJune 10, 2015
They are an oilfield training company. Where green horns go to wash out, get into an accident, or succeed and move onto greener pastures. Very few make it past a year and the running joke to trainees is to stick around two months to be considered a senior driver.

Communication is severely lacking at Stevens Tanker. Your main points of contact are dispatchers located in Stockdale, TX and you will find yourself frustrated at the lack of information passed down from day shift to night shift and vice versa.

Things that are standard operating procedure today become outdated the next day, however, no one will update you on the new process. The bonus is that you are paid by the hour so the serverly broken communication issues works to pad your pay check with valuable over time hours.

They are lax on calling in as long as it's in the name of safety. Remain productive enough, keep your head down and work and you'll easily fly under the radar for months, even years if you could stand it that long.

Would still be here had the oilfields not pretty much gone bust in South Texas. I would return for the paycheck alone if they could guarantee 60+ hours a week again. Unfortunately they cannot due to the down turn.
Pros
Decent pay, lots of overtime (before downturn), new challenges everyday.
Cons
Clueless management, communication issues, beat up equipment, schedule not conducive for those with a family, pay is on the low end
This company is a joke.
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockdale, TXMarch 28, 2015
It's an easy job. But the company itself and how it's ran is laughable. Stevens is a company for one to get oilfield experience and move on. There will be some days when you come in and there is no work, or not enough equipment. You're a replaceable number here. Bottom line.
Pros
None.
Cons
No money to be made.
hope this helps the next guy
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Stockdale, TXMarch 21, 2015
the job Is good ...easy hauling salt water...but dispatch thinks they are the managers and try to make you work more then is DOT acceptable...then write you up ...management needs to be completely fired and rehired very few even have any knowledge of the job ...or had ever done this kind of work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens Tanker Division, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4