Stevens Transport Employee Reviews in United States

great people to work with
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2016
drop and pick up loads and deliver on time do a pre and post trip inspection I'm a cdl trainer i love training new students to drive
Pros
working with great people
Cons
away from my family
Stevens Is The Worst Company EVER!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  9757 Military Prkway Dallas TxMay 10, 2016
If you wanna get lied to this is the best company to go to , all they do is lie there they don't care about anyone. This company has to be the worst in the DFW area period. I did my 240 hours, They Called my trainers saying keep me on the trucks they don't have any trucks for the grads. When I get to the yard they had me waiting there for two weeks. I finally got a call guess who it was Stevens, I came all the way back they gave me a truck with 536,000 miles on it. I drove the truck down the road I had to turn around they say if I would have went any further the front bottom end would have came from under it. I Wouldn't Step Another foot on Stevens Property, If anyone wants any heads up comment at the bottom I will answer any question, if you wanna make more money than Stevens drivers Please go to Mcdonalds
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2016
Very productive and fast paced. Great opportunity to travel and see the United States. The hardest part of the job is the away time from home.
Pros
Travel Time
Cons
Layovers
This was a terrible job
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
I hated this job. The staff talked to you any type of way and the trainers were stupid. The pay also sucks and the staff never answers the phone and always lies!!!!!
Adventurous..
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
Steven Transport is a company that's full of adventures. Your able to go through CDL Vocational Training School. Travel from state to state, and learn many cultures as you travel over the road and meet different peoples.
Pros
Good Driving Skills.
Cons
Not enough pay.
travel alot
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2016
Its and okay company to work for. They have ways to move up in the company. They offer good benefits.They give you your own truck that you can personalize.
Pros
see the US
Cons
do not see family
Good Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2016
Overall the company is good, all the trucks have apu's in them and are in good condition. People complain that they don't get miles but you can get miles if you show them you can run they will run you.
Pros
Apu's, Fuel bonus, Detention pay, Layover pay, Breakdown pay
Cons
Governed at 62, Their saftety policies get annoying
Truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2016
In training for over the road transport. Was not what I expected. Drove truck with a less than desirable trainer. Terrible management.
Safety
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2016
This company needs more safety guidelines. The job over all is good, just wish they had more over time. I've learned a lot from my co-workers.
Cons
short breaks
For people starting in the industry
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Stevens Transport will take on inexperienced drivers and train them.
However as a result there are drawbacks, such as low pay. The work/life balance is heavily skewed toward work. Unless the driver calls dispatch repeatedly for load assignments among other things, not much gets done. Also the only way to raise your pay quickly to a workable level is to become part of Their lease program, taking on all the bills that go with it. If you partner with someone then there is someone to talk to on a regular basis. Otherwise you are by yourself
Pros
Good starter company
Cons
5wks OTR / 5 days home max
Productive and Effecient work place
Customer Service Assistant- Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Review daily shipment plans to ensure that awarded freight is assigned based on customer needs and expectations. Relay excess load availability to Brokerage and Rail divisions to secure delivery.
Prioritize meeting defined targets that the company and customer have deemed critical to the business relationship.
Maintain current information on trailer pool numbers in order to keep turns at set levels.
Monitor and address shipments in jeopardy of not meeting delivery standards. Communicate updates to internal sales leadership and customer contacts in a timely manner to prevent increased costs and/or charges to either party. Scheduling appointments via email and / or phone with Customers (ie.Walmart, Ryder, & Aldi ..etc) also in assistance with Intermodal on any delays or Reschedules that may be needed.
Went through to many Trainers once on my own have already been through four driver managers no communication through out the company.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2015
Initial promises upon signing never met. no communication throughout company high turnover on trainers/driver managers.Low pay late loads and little home time. Broke down 20-22 times first year company maintenance on trucks not kept up.
Pros
Able to see Country
Cons
Tardy loads, low pay, low miles and little home time
Dedicated Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
Stevens is an OTR company. They care about one thing and one thing only, getting freight delivered. Hometime is always "approximate". I scheduled hometime 6 weeks in advance and every single time I was delayed with "just one more trip". No communication between planners and managers. Night crew is absolutely useless. They are very safety oriented and demand that you follow company policy and DOT regs to the letter. Overall the trucks are fairly new and in good shape, realize however that you will not get a new one right out of training. You will get whatever piece of junk that's left on the yard then spend days waiting to get it out of the shop. OTR goes back to the yard every 90 days for safety talks and reviews. Plan on spending at least 3 days there, oh and you will receive zero compensation for it. Do not plan on being home when you request, just doesn't happen. Don't believe a word your told, 90 percent of the time it just isn't true. Pay is low, among the lowest in the industry. They advertise 40 thousand your first year, not gonna happen, will be more like 28. You will be charged for absolutely everything and will start out in a lot of debt. They keep you there by threatening to ruin your DAC and keep you from driving for anybody else. They have almost 100 percent turnover per year in drivers, this alone speaks for itself.
Pros
Great training. Decent trucks.
Cons
Hometime is hit and miss. Not truthful.
If you pursuing a career avoid this place!
transportation (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2015
no work life balance. accumulated time at .08?? a month so don't expect any time upfront after a year. almost impossible to get a day off approved. slackers work gets shoved on good workers, high turnover as good workers tend to RUN after about 6 months, some less. If you are a non-working employee and looking to get over for a paycheck this place is for you. Kinda hard to actually get fired at this disfunctional place even if you sleep at your desk half the day.
Pros
no micro management, holiday party
Cons
no work life balance, high turnover
A stepping stone only
operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2015
A stepping stone only; get in and get out! The pay is decent, but you have to work mandatory overtime so the pay isn't as good as it may seem. no sick time and it's frowned upon to want to use your earned vacation time.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
no sick days, bad benefits
Ok Job to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2015
High volume of Drop and Hook.
Consistent work.
Management of time to drop loads on time.
The correct way to do inspections.
Transportation of Goods
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2015
Communicate with shippers and receivers to understand my pick and drop off location. perform a pre and post trip inspection. drive long distances and keep daily logs and records.
Stevens has good equipment and very safety conscious.
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2015
I was at Stevens for over five years. I was treated well. I had 3 new trucks in that time. The job to personal life ratio needs improving. Getting to home was very difficult on the company side. Management needs to take this under consideration.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Lack of home time.
Productive and a place where I can learn hands on in this workplace.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
Productive and a place where I can learn hands on in this workplace.
We leave various hours of the day and drive 8-9 hours at a time. Breaks were about an one hour. We were giving a log where we can keep up with what we've learned. I got to practice going up and down various hills/mountains .
Pros
Communication
horrible company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2015
they do not treat their drivers fair. the rip people off trying to make a living in the trucking industry. i will never work for this company again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9