Stevens Transport

Stevens Transport Employee Reviews

Great place to train
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: Pay is not so good
I really don't have much to say about Stevens transport. Everyday was a challenge, rather it was with management or with other Stevens drivers. It always seem as if their issues with my pay and management was in no hurry to fix it.
Must like to drive cross the USA for weeks.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: At Stevens, your driving the newest Kenworth tractors and being trusted to deliver loads on time.
Cons: Training sucked! Be sure your "trainer" is a trainer to teach you the correct way to drive a truck, and everything else you should know about your truck, trailer, and how to drive., My trainer was NOT a trainer and didnt teach me anything, it was sad.
Over the road truck driver could be the best job ever or not. Best job because if you like to drive, and stock up money in the bank, (due to living in a truck) its the job for you.
OTR drivers I give credit to. Hauling loads to reach your destinations on time, dealing with traffic, weather, etc.
Hardest part of job, getting use to driving day after day and staying in shape.
Most enjoyable, being your own boss and being counted on to delivery products and goods on time.
A bad place to work
Commercial Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Free training
Cons: Too many to list
Stevens transport is not a good place to work. The company has a very high turn over rate for a number of good reasons, the greatest of which is an endemic disrespect of its employees, whom are treated more as liabilities than assets. I would not recommend Stevens transport to anybody seeking employment.
Busy Environment
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Paid weekly
Cons: No flexibility in your work schedule
A typical day could be very busy. You must have a lot of patience in dealing with individuals on the phone and in person. Be open to learning new things on your own.
UN-EDUCATED LEADERS WHO JUST FANNED THE FLAMES OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, CAUSING MANY TO LEAVE TO ESCAPE THE MADNESS.
ROAD BREAKDOWN COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: 1 HOUR BREAKS
Cons: CHANGING THE RULES DAILY TO FIT THEIR MISTAKES.
SUPERVISORS APPOINTED WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A LEADER OF HIS DEPARTMENT. I LEFT THIS JOB AFTER 8 YEARS OVER SUCH A SUPERVISOR OVER THE ROAD BREAKDOWN DEPT. AS I COULD NOT TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE OF SUCH A CASE.
good people
Professional Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2015
Stevens transport is great place to start a truck driving career with. For those starting out, Stevens transport has a learning academy that will teach to do that. Issues are usually taken care of quickly.
Travel Travel Travel
Contractor Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Travelled thru all 48 states
Cons: Away from Home
Most enjoyable part of the job was waiting on my next load to see where I was heading next. The chance to see the country on a daily basis and to be my own boss and my own coworker.
Fun
Truck driver country-wide making deliveries (Former Employee), Had to cause of the oilfield went downMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Bosses suck
Its was a fun place to work. People were great and after showing everyone about Corrosion treatment everyone was surprize. Had EPA to back me up as well. With the right person in place this could go everywhere.
Great Safety Culture
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great safety training!
Stevens has a great training and safety conscious culture, unfortunately it doesn't pay beans. As a means to attain your Texas CDL A and learn the ropes of being an OTR driver, it doesn't get much better than this. As a career choice after accomplishing your goals, well, despite the advertisements, I've found that I will need to move onwards to accomplish my goals.
Horrible, deceitful and unorganized
Company Driver recruit (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasMarch 14, 2015
Cons: everything
Wanted to work there but not now. I told them medication I was on and that I was bipolar and didn't hide anything they bussed me all the way from Ohio to orientation only to send me back home on day 2 after doctor read my physical paperwork. I met DOT regulations but company policy I don't. So basically wasn't hired because I am bipolar even though I am properly medicated have had no issues since being on this medication since 2009. DOT regulation just requires letter from my psychiatrist stating I'm on these medications and am stable. So I just filed an EEOC charge against them because bipolar falls under disability and discrimination. Made me feel broken and worthless. This is how they treat retired military veterans. Thanks for wasting my time and money by having me report to orientation only to have to turn around and go back home after one day. Total bus hours 60 not to mention money wasted on food. Appreciate you making me feel like garbage.
Good Training Company/Bad place to work
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: driving
Cons: pay
This job consisted of driving over the road mostly, along with maintaining the trailer and tractor as far as repairs. The management their was terrible and they would often lie and give empty promises in return for favors. The pay was at times less than minimum wage and the amount of work put in to the job compared to what you were getting paid didn't coincide. Driving across the US was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. Beyond that this company is not recommended for new CDL Drivers.
Over the road driver
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Delivered goods to several different places within the US.
I Enjoyed my job, however I had to move to East Texas
Customer Service Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJanuary 21, 2015
I recruited new hires for driving a big truck. I learned how to process background checks, mvrs, verify employment to hire students to become a truck driver. Good management. My co-workers was great to work with. Hardest about the job was to find good drivers. It was fun and exciting to make someone's day when they was recruited into the school.
Ok...for a stepping stone
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: experience
Was a Driver Manager right out of college. I had no experience and eventually moved on and work for an awsome company . So, I do thank them for that experience in the transportaion industry to put on my resume. Like the other reviews, revolving door of people, no team work, managers that had no social skills and no business at all being a team leader. Maybee it's changed since 2005-2007 I don't know.
Ok...for a stepping stone
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: experience
Good starting location to gain experience
Regional Dispatcher/ Planner/ Driver Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: to much time at work
I learned a lot about the transportation and trucking industry at Stevens Transport. It was definitely a good starting point for my career in this industry. I was able to not only work in the office Stevens but I was also a driver in there owner operator division.
Truck driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Driving for this company was a amazing experience, I got the opportunity to drive across the country to different states and cities to deliver all kinds of products and help supply growing companies. the management system there allowed me to conduct everyday task on my own time an I was to get to the specific location on time and the hardest part of the job was that some deadlines were unable to be met.
Good Company to get your CDL Class A
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2014
Nice Trucks, Thats about the best thing you can expect from this company.
truck drivers life
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2014
Cons: 2 breaks
every day before I started driving I did my pti
then called my driver manager to c what was the plan for that day
after everything was figured out I took off
and took care of some miles
after 8 hours of driving I would tike my 30min break as required by dots new law
in off duty status
walking my dog in the rest area
watching my truck
(now days u cant trust no one that's why I said watch the truck )
after walking dog I would hop back in my truck make a sandwitch
eat and take off
after about 2 hours I be starting too look for a truck stop to take my 10 hour break (I reither have one hour left on my clock looking for a place to park then have no time to look)
ones I comleted my day and park I would do my pti
and shut the truck of and put my ac on if it was equipped with it other wise the truck still be running
after eating dinner I be getting some rest and doing it the next day all over again until I be at my final
I was fresh out of CDL training and never had enough training at Stevens to get comfortable backing the unit.
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: lots of runs, good equipment, timely pay
Cons: too quick, for me, to get me solo on the road.
I think this company might be too big. I was fresh out of CDL training school. At the Stevens training campus we were given two weeks of monitored training, for me it was mostly driving forward. Others had a schedule with heavy training in backing. We were then placed with a company driver for 3 weeks for "hands on" training. The people were nice, but I was just another person to train and I felt that I was just pushed ahead to get me on the road. I really never felt comfortable with backing these big rigs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stevens Transport

Stevens Transport, Inc. is recognized as one of North America's premier multi-modal, temperature-controlled freight carriers. – Read more

Stevens Transport Salaries