Stevens Transport Employee Reviews

great training and miles
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2017
I'm a fairly new contractor, the miles are grt never sit still, my pay is pretty good, scanning at rgt time, fuel ecnmy and timeoffs are key to proftng
Pros
lots of miles, timeoffs anywhere, trning, lease cmpltn bonus
Cons
will never own truck
indentured servitude, so many drivers not making a check after expenses
safety (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2017
I had countless calls where leased drivers were out for one month straight and only made 200 to 300 on their check for the month i was told, but even if it was for the week- how shameful STEVENS. The company ran the company drivers and then after they were fully engaged used lease drivers- which caused the lease drivers to routinely fall short of any livable wage. Lease drivers were stuck due to their credit and a contract which held them hostage.
Do yourself a favor and do not work here, wait and find something worth having.
Cons
Medical Dr placed on site to help counter heart attacks from support personnel
Abandoned in Pennsylvania
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2017
This company highly promotes safety. Two bad trainers, trainers are not professional and did not provide a safe work atmosphere. The second trainer abandoned me in Pennsylvania while on route. As far as im concerned there was no reason to go back for the 3rd time, I strongly advise you do not seek employment within this company.
Pros
Classroom training
Cons
Bad field and training expirience
the hardest part of the job
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2017
bad weather, road construction, not able to get home to see family, bad loads, bad terrain involved mountains, break downs.getting called back to the yard not being able to make a full weeks pay no benefits
A good training company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 6, 2017
A good training company and is a good starting job. And can be a good job for someone who does not have a family I will admit that I did more traveling with this company than I had ever done before. Like I said I nothing bad to say about either of the company if didn,t have a wife and family I would be there.
Pros
Very thorough training
Cons
Not enough home time
Stevens Transport is a great Company
Owner-Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2017
This company treats employees like family. The pay is fair and the advancement opportunities are widely available. I recommend drivers buy their own truck then lease from the company.
Over the Road Driver
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
Transport cargo from one location to another. Responsible for planning transportation routes from start with a location address and deadline. Familiar with the laws and rules for carrying cargo.
Just a Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2017
This company just here to train and use people.
But, they give you good safety service. It's a company that you can start with then go look for something better.
Pros
Great Safety
working at stevens transport
Contractor driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
working at stevens transport was very interesting, I was able to work and get pay to see the united state. I carried anything that you can think about even hazmat materals.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2017
little home time long hours and long waiting period for loads the most enjoyable part is getting to return home no terminals in Georgia at all have to go to Dallas Texas first before home time kind of trapping you to complete more loads 3 weeks out on the road 3 days home.
Pros
own truck
Cons
pay is not very good
It's alright but I would not recommend it
Accounts Receivable Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
Having worked several positions here, I would just recommend you not. Some of the departments were pretty awesome, management in accounting and driver services were so amazing. Having spent the last year in recruiting, I have a whole different attitude about the company. I saw the empty promises given to the drivers about time off and pay. It broke my heart to see drivers realize they were fed false information
Pros
pay is good
Don't do it
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2017
Bad company. Low wages compared to the other companies that offer the same training.Contractor option you make good money, but you will never see home.
Its Ok place to work
Company CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2017
They don't care if the trainer is teaching you or not. It's like you are there just so the trainer can get a bigger paycheck. As a trainee you don't know what you don't know. in short my trainer sucked.
New Driver Experience
OTR-Lessor and Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2017
Stevens required all its Drivers to be properly trained and knowledgeable about Truck/Road/ and trip planning within safety standards. Experience is learned weekly as you delivery to every state within America. You will see 40 states within a 12 month period.
The beautiful black trucks they provide are clean and meet safety guidelines as a part of the maintenance teams criteria. The company has driving jobs available to individual skills and desires. A leader I would return to at any time. Great starter company.
Pros
Training Programs/ Trucks/ Maintenance Teams/ Best Trainers
Cons
Short trip assignments/ Starting cents per mile; under 35 cents.
Awful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2017
The dispatchers are rude and dont want to help their drivers. managers only care about getting loads with drivers. It takes them long to get trainees with drivers.
went to Steven Transport for truck driver training
Skilled Truck Driver (OTR Driver) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2017
A typical work day were every long and demanding.. I was there to learn how to drive big truck ( 18 wheeler ). Got along well wit management. Steven transport like being in school was workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was learning some thing new. Enjoy being out driving around the USA and Canada. Left the at Steven Transport to find some thing local.
Pros
enjoy driving
Cons
very long hours and away from home 3 - 5 weeks at time.
Great school
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2017
I choose them because they had the longest truck driving school than anyone in the industry. They hold the tuition over your head and pay you a low amount per mile before you can move on.
Company Driver
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2017
Getting up early pre-trip the truck and trailer. Plan out my route for the day on with I would be driving. Check with management to see if they need me for anything before I start my day. The hardest part of the job was been away from family at months at a time. The most enjoyable part was the freedom and peace of mind.
Stressful and work to many hours for pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 15, 2017
I feel the managers are very disrespectful, they talk down to employees, not people friendly. Also for hours worked not enough money, very stressful, and micro managed.
Lease operator
Commercial Driver-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
great company if you are looking for training, but do not finance schooling it will not turn out well once you can get other employment take it, noone likes working long term here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stevens Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9