Stevens Transportation Employee Reviews

Dishonest Recruitment
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2017
The company is dishonest in recruiting new drivers, or experienced drivers that have been away from driving for more than 6 months. There intent is to keep you obligated to them through their driving school and pay you less than you are worth. If you do not stay on the road constantly, you lose money. I lost money while on the road because of their dishonest practices and poor pay scale, not to mention they don't get the miles to the drivers as promised. Often times I sat and waited for loads for more than 2 or 3 days. My last haul with them I waited 5 days for a load that was supposed to have been ready when I arrived and received zero compensation for it.
Wouldn't go back
CSR/Tracking/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 7, 2017
For the most part it was a typical trucking logistics company.
Sterile feeling enviroment, to much ac, long days, shady business ethics.
Pay was decent.
Terrible Pay
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 6, 2017
Way too many hours spent away from home with not nearly the correct amount of pay. The management team and ownership were great people. They just had every excuse in the book as to why they weren't paying fair balanced wages. We were paid hourly when working in Kern County, but anytime we traveled out of county (which was fairly often) we were paid by the mile. We quite often got stuck in places like Coachella and Westmorland for hours on end, not being paid for our time there. We would often be at "work" for 15-18 hour days and be paid the same as if we worked an 8 hour day. They put us in dangerous situations waiting hours on end to be loaded to go back home and start the cycle all over again. We as drivers were not given proper rest time or paid properly for the hours spent away from home at "work". The people I worked with were good people, including Mr. and Mrs. Stevens. They just need to realize that the kinda work we did deserves to be compensated accordingly.
Pros
Worked with great people and good management, Didn't require too much for being hired, Hire Class A drivers frequently
Cons
Pay is absolute garbage, Hours are terrible, You will spend more hours in your sleeper than you will driving or at home.
Employment has been an enjoyable experience
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
After receiving my load assignment for the day, I begin doing my trip planning which includes calculating breaks, fuel stops and anicipating weather conditions on my route. The most enjoyable thing about my job has been the ability to travel and the hardest part about my job has been being away from my family.
n/a
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2016
This company was ok i rather start with another one. The rooms that they provide are really messy. Over all i enjoy the trainer that i was placed with.
Great starting company
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2016
Stevens transport is a great training company that let's you get started if your looking to work for a more experienced driving career. You may also stay with them and become a family oriented life style within their company. The staff has always been there to help you with anything you need to succeed.
truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2016
drove 48 states with the semi tractor to several locations

that I love to drive a semi tractor

mgmt was very non communication

co workers and I got along

not having enough pay

great that I learned to be a semi tractor truck driver
perfect
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 3, 2016
It was a good company to work for.I like the enviroment ,the coworker and especially the manegement.For my bad luck I didn"t have seniority when the company was slow because of the water drought.
Pros
Everything Good
great starter
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
this was my first experience with truck driving. they gave me the chance to get started in the industry. i thank everyone at stevens for the time they gave to help people.
Pros
good people
Cons
too far from home
sponsor great/ poor pay and work load
Over the Road driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I started with this company as a truck driver and it has a great training program. The equipment are maintain well and offer late models. The pay really was poor. Could use better benefits and work loads. The best way to go is to purchase a truck through the company and become an owner operator. They also offer O/O to become trainers which is how they provide better pay. This may be a good way to start a career to become a trucker but pay your dues and take advantage of the opportunities that come your way. Good luck!
Pros
Sponsorship and equipment
Cons
Company drivers pay/ work load/ out for a month at the least
Stable work and all the miles you can run if you are proactive.
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2015
The first 6 months are terrible but after that you get more freedom and people start to treat you slightly better. You will change DM's about 4-5 times till you settle on the one that works best with you. Pay is all in how proactive you are going to be. Getting reimbursements is up to you and don't expect anyone to do anything for you without hassling them first. Home time is guaranteed but just don't be picky about what day you get home. Over all its a great company.
Pros
Get to see the country and drive a nice truck.
Cons
Trucking atmosphere is pretty grim.
good company to work for.
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2013
Drove an 18 wheeler daily and learned many driving techniques to make driving safer for me and others around me. Work with great co-workers. The hard is part of this job was not seeing my family as much but I loved seeing the country and the changes in season.
Fun, family oriented, flexiblity
Receptionist and Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 30, 2013
Good place to work at, learned details in management and adaptability to combine two positions and maintain a positive attitude. Learned to have the highest respect for co-workers and their jobs. The learning experience was the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job was to leave my position to take care of my elderly, indigent mother.
Pros
Enjoyed lunches with staff on special occassions.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 11, 2013
The Hardest part of the job is being sent home early and not enogh work loads.
great start to my driving career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Enjoyed the company
Learned the ins and outs of the trucking business very informative Would have loved to get home more often and that is why I am looking for another job so I can be home every night
Nice Driving school
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 7, 2012
Good driving school. Treat employees badly. Learned how to drive a semi truck
Great company to learn with
Semi Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2012
Job includes driving and submitting trip logs to the companies home office while on the road.
Great training company but not a great long term investment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2012
This was an bad company to work for if you want home time. The company was not very organized and lack communication.