STEVENSON AUTOMOTIVE GROUP Employee Reviews

Productive, fun work enviroment
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 11, 2017
A typical work day was coming in at 7am and answering phone calls helping customer set service appointments for their vehicles. answer any questions the customer may have about their services or get them over to the correct department.
Pros
Fun enviroment, non-stressful
Cons
Small area, loud
They have potential, but don't come close...
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Swansboro, NCMarch 29, 2017
I've seen too many instances of upper management placing confidence in people who are not management to carry out the daily tasks that managers need to handle. There is a problem with management confiding in people who are not of management, sharing personal stories about every one else at the location until a case is built up about them, so much so that the person that this is happening to becomes the person that everyone is now against. No where in the history of the world have I ever witnessed a more untrue mission statement with this company. They've become complacent with mediocrity and fall short of customers expectations every day. As long as you can handle being treated like you're replaceable, having to watch your back as if you're on trial every day you show up to work, this would be the perfect fit for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Just about anything you could conjure up
Potential to be an Incredible organization but isn't!
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevenson Kia Wilmington, NCJune 22, 2016
Potential to be the BEST but unfortunately, far from it. Very good infrastructure but completely lacking in training including explanations and demonstrations of their own internal systems. The Managements skills are rudimentary at best. A "good old boy" network where you're either in or out. This company utilizes many of its own systems for day-to-day operations and if you're not part of the good old boy network they will not show them to you and your frozen out. Worst of all, upper management is timid and appears insecure in themselves and therefore relies exclusively on what's told to them by middle-management for all of their decisions and makes absolutely no attempt to find out what's happening in the day to day operations regardless of what information has been passed on to them. Managment is not willing to listen to any input outside of their good old boy network. With a bit of personal reorganization and a proper training program this company could be dynamic. No longer needing a revolving door for employees.
Pros
Infrastructure and benefits
Cons
Lack of upper Management strength and middle management skills.
Stevenson Hyundai! Do not work here
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 21, 2016
This place is a joke. No room for advancement . Managers are into themselves and only kiss as* when the owner is there. People come and go from this company how you eat food! & it's for a reason!!
Fun place to work
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 8, 2015
I worked at two of the dealerships for this company. I learned many different techniques in how to wash and care for vehicles. I had many responsibilities, but they were easy to accomplish tasks. There was a lot of flexibility in a work schedule.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends, days off, flexible schedule, friendly.
Cons
n/a
I enjoyed a my employment with Stevenson Automotive
Controller - Accounting and Auditing Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 8, 2015
I was with Stevenson for approximately 20 years. I thoroughly enjoyed my employment there. I made the decision to live closer to my children after a divorce and followed them to Wilson. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Management Structure
Cons
Really didn't have any
Unprofessional, dead end job
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleApril 23, 2015
Management only cares about management. They're only willing to help when the owner comes to them for answers. There is NO opportunity for advancement unless you're friends with a member of management. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Cons
poor management
BDC Center Rep
BDC Rep (Former Employee) –  WilmingtonApril 22, 2015
Management needs to be retrained with leadership skills. If your not one of the "favorite" employees you will need to watch out for your commission changing hands to another. Rep position needs exact guidelines and training.
Pros
Benefits Great Package and Salary per hour GREAT
Cons
Management unskilled
Not a fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 19, 2014
The management are all just worried about themselves, they pull new sales people in every couple months and blow through every person you know trying to sell a car and then get rid of you. Good luck on trying to get your money after you leave too, they will act like they have no clue they own you checks for work. There is no punching in or out so the management can make it look like you have worked whatever hours they say.
Great owner
SERVICE ADVISOR / SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Over all great company. Good warranty and great sales team.

Want to know more about STEVENSON AUTOMOTIVE GROUP?

Ask a question
Good Job
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 8, 2013
Repair Cars. My service manager was the greatest boss I ever had. Being it was working in a repair shop; sometimes the language wasn't great. I don't like hearing people curse. The best part of the job was having a great boss to work for.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Sometime the environment
great teamwork
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2013
The team work has always been there. If you needed help all you had to do was ask
Pros
just about everything
Cons
not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STEVENSON AUTOMOTIVE GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6