STEVENSON UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Special Events Intern (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDMay 4, 2017
Awesome atmosphere and wonderful campus to grow and expand as a professional. The students and staff are a joy to work with and they understand the significance of our jobs.
Summary
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 3, 2017
Very fun place to work, extremely fast paced and depending on what department you work for determines your pay. It was a good experience overall but I did not like work those super long hours.
Continually Growing
Event Setup Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2017
The university is always looking for ways to grow and expand. This makes for an exciting workplace where you will not get bored. The entire university collaborates which allows you to really get to know the individuals working in other departments.
Pros
Great people, plenty of paid holidays
Cons
Limited growth in job title and salary
College Part time job
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 16, 2017
Being a referee in any sport can be taxing, but referring arrogant college kids is a different realm. Management does a great job of training, but those who expect and easy job will be fooled quickly
Productive fun workplace
Business Communication Departmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 21, 2017
The work environment was great. The supervisors were nice and attentive. The work was hard but amusing. I would recommend Stevenson to anyone looking for a job.
Friendly and helpful workplace
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 30, 2016
Not having any experience in human resources, I found it very easy to fit in with all my co-workers. Although, I am the youngest I have found it extremely helpful to learn from each co-worker individually. I enjoy going to work which makes my day enjoyable. When I get to work I have a daily routine. It is not always the same routine but for the most part, I come in grab all the paperwork needed for new hiring proposals. I often file confidential paperwork if it is not a busy day. I also run other errands for my co-workers when they are busy.
amazing place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2016
they are amazing people and it is a really nice place to work at. i would highly encourage anyone to apply. the most important thing about working here is they respect you.
pool table
kitchen supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 17, 2016
very fun times when every one is working together.an at work an showing up on time.an they have a big selection on food. the kids are very friendly they treat u with respect. and you some times have to work with chimes they ask a lot of questions but they get the job done. and always on time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health cae 401 k
Fun
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Resident assistant
Learned how to work with people from various backgrounds
SUpervisors were very understanding
Paperwork
they were nice friendly caring
people
Fun place to work, enjoyable coworkers
Research mentor (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDDecember 21, 2015
Since Stevenson is a university, I generally worked with my professors so I got to know them in a more intimate setting and it was something, that everyone who is just moving on from high school to college, should do.
Great Environment
director (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 30, 2015
SU offers employers a great working environment.The benefits and work life balance are above average. Most departments value your family time and provide the ability to have a decent work life balance.
Editor-in-Chief, The Villager (student newspaper)
Editor-in-Chief (Former Employee) –  10945 Boulevard Circle, Owings Mills, MD 21117July 31, 2015
The paper's advisor, Chip Rouse, was and is dedicated to making The Villager into as close of a professional newspaper experience as possible. Though some of the submissions were lacking in experience, the editorial staff was always composed of the most experienced among the paper's crew, and it was, overall, an excellent learning experience.

Things did tend to get hectic when writers didn't submit on time, but, once again, such times were fantastic for teaching you how to cope with similar situations in the real world.
Productive workplace where I was able to learn and grow in the customer service field, and with my employees and supervisors.
Athletic Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills,MdJuly 13, 2015
I worked at a desk typically. I learned about the athletic department at the university. My management and co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was leaving, and the most enjoyable part was having the opportunity.
Pros
The Opportunity
Cons
Great place for college student
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 9, 2015
As an RA, we have to be able to watch out for the students. We have to do weekly rounds and also watch out for any violations.
Great Place to work
o Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills MDApril 24, 2015
I love working part time at Stevenson. The faculty is amazing and the students are diligent and great to work with. The compensation is great and the atmosphere is welcoming.
Used to be a great place to work but dynamics have definitely changed. Not recommended.
Management (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDJuly 27, 2014
Nice co-workers, busy during the school year and slow during the Summer. Only those with special arrangements can get a masters degree paid by the university.
Pros
Good benefits for full-time employees. Great students.
Cons
Many unhappy employees, faculty and staff, due to poor treatment from executive level.
n/a
Library IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 13, 2014
During my early teen years I discovered I had a voice that people listened to. I’m not sure if it was because of the pain in my voice due to my troubling childhood or the fact that I was passionate about living, not letting my daunting circumstances determine the outcome of my life. My friends looked up to me and I knew I had a responsibility to lead by example rather than through my words. During my sophomore year of high school I became very passionate about the childcare field. At the time I had no clue that I would one day want to own my own daycare center. As I aged, I realized that the early stages in our lives are some of the most crucial. Those early years impact our social, emotional, and educational ability. I did not know much about love or affection but I knew what it was like to not have those things. I knew that if I could somehow create an environment where children felt loved, nurtured, cared about and combined that with an educational component, somehow I could shape our leaders of tomorrow.
In my free time I’m very vocal about change in my community. I would go to my high school and speak to 9th, 10th, and 11th grade classes about embracing their circumstances and applying that same pain I once felt in order to change themselves and want a better life. I talk about how I once sat in the chairs they’re setting in. I go to Pop Warner summer camps program, showing that athletics and scholastics go hand and hand, and talk to the kids about not just having a plan A but a backup plan. I preach that education is of the most importance and that college is the standard.
  more...
I don’t get paid for it and I’m not nationally known, but that’s not important to me. Seeing a change in my culture, society and city is all the compensation I need. My daycare will be my foundation for strengthening school age children and adolescences by shaping the way of their thinking. While I understand that I won’t reach everyone, but if I can change one person and save one life I would be completely satisfied. My goal is to encourage people and boost the desires for success from within.
Good Experience
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, MDMay 30, 2014
Provided support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.Troubleshoot printer issues and resolving difficulties with different technology. Determine the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
Student/Employee
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Stevenson, MDMarch 26, 2014
Its actually a pretty rewarding position. It allows you to actively utilize your education in the area(s) you tutor. The main problem is compensation. You get paid pretty well, however, that's only if you get students. If you have a good reputation and have been around for a while then it is more probable that you will receive more students.
Pros
Meet new people, Set your own hours
Cons
No pay if you don't have anyone to tutor, Some students may need special help, The certification meeting are either too late in the evening or interfere with other jobs
Fun workplace
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevenson MarylandJanuary 28, 2014
I worked here for college job as an equipment manager for the football team and lacrosse team. I put out Jerseys did laundry and handled the aparrell for both of the teams. I managed four other students while with the football team, and I did everything myself for the lacrosse team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STEVENSON UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2