STEVENSON UNIVERSITY

STEVENSON UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

n/a
Library IT Assistant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 13, 2014
During my early teen years I discovered I had a voice that people listened to. I’m not sure if it was because of the pain in my voice due to my troubling childhood or the fact that I was passionate about living, not letting my daunting circumstances determine the outcome of my life. My friends looked up to me and I knew I had a responsibility to lead – more... by example rather than through my words. During my sophomore year of high school I became very passionate about the childcare field. At the time I had no clue that I would one day want to own my own daycare center. As I aged, I realized that the early stages in our lives are some of the most crucial. Those early years impact our social, emotional, and educational ability. I did not know much about love or affection but I knew what it was like to not have those things. I knew that if I could somehow create an environment where children felt loved, nurtured, cared about and combined that with an educational component, somehow I could shape our leaders of tomorrow.
In my free time I’m very vocal about change in my community. I would go to my high school and speak to 9th, 10th, and 11th grade classes about embracing their circumstances and applying that same pain I once felt in order to change themselves and want a better life. I talk about how I once sat in the chairs they’re setting in. I go to Pop Warner summer camps program, showing that athletics and scholastics go hand and hand, and talk to the kids about not just having a plan A but a backup plan. I preach that education is of the most importance and that college is the standard.
I don’t get paid for it and I’m not nationally known, but that’s not important to me. Seeing a change in my culture, society and city is all the compensation I need. My daycare will be my foundation for strengthening school age children and adolescences by shaping the way of their thinking. While I understand that I won’t reach everyone, but if I can change one person and save one life I would be completely satisfied. My goal is to encourage people and boost the desires for success from within. – less
Good Experience
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Stevenson, MDMay 30, 2014
Provided support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.Troubleshoot printer issues and resolving difficulties with different technology. Determine the most effective – more... manner to resolve client's technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. – less
Student/Employee
Tutor (Current Employee), Stevenson, MDMarch 26, 2014
Pros: meet new people, set your own hours
Cons: no pay if you don't have anyone to tutor, some students may need special help, the certification meeting are either too late in the evening or interfere with other jobs
Its actually a pretty rewarding position. It allows you to actively utilize your education in the area(s) you tutor. The main problem is compensation. You get paid pretty well, however, that's only if you get students. If you have a good reputation and have been around for a while then it is more probable that you will receive more students.
Fun workplace
Equipment Manager (Former Employee), Stevenson MarylandJanuary 28, 2014
I worked here for college job as an equipment manager for the football team and lacrosse team. I put out Jerseys did laundry and handled the aparrell for both of the teams. I managed four other students while with the football team, and I did everything myself for the lacrosse team.
Fun
Fitness Center Worker (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 12, 2014
Great college job. Extra income while going to school and playing basketball.
Having to deal with university politics...
Football Coordinator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, learned new skills
Cons: university politics, and pay rate were terrible
THe university didn't give the same respect or benefits allowed to the other sports within the university. The pay wasn't that great for all the work and tasks needed to be done within the job. Great co-workers except for the head of the table. Learned a new trade and skill on the job.
Good college program
Football Coordinator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 10, 2013
Pros: college football, co-workers
Cons: pay, management
Though only a work-study, the job required a lot of my time that I had to give. It was great to work for a college football program, but the way the staff was treated by other departments was terrible. I learned great leadership, innovation, and communication skills from the job. Hardest part of the job was the head coach not taking suggestions that – more... could help the program grow. All of my fellow co-workers/assistant coaches were great to work with. – less
fun and clean
Prep cook (Former Employee), owingsmills..mdSeptember 23, 2013
did not like the students but the employee's were nice and the work place was very clean and fun
Wonderful atmosphere for growth and learning
Receptionist (Former Employee), Stevenson, MDSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: work and school in the same location
Stevenson University was not only a former employer, but also my alma mater. I learned not only in academics at Stevenson, but also in terms of professional life. I received a well-rounded education that has led me to feel confident as a newcomer in the professional world.
A great educational learning environment
Tutor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2013
I learned that as a tutor for Stevenson university I can enhance my learning skills and always provide help to other students while helping myself to constantly learn class material. The most enjoyable part of this job is when a students get a grade or has improved remarkably in his or her class.
Residence Life
Resident Director (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 18, 2013
Pros: they do provide you with excellent benefits.
Cons: the people and the work enrionment.
A typical work day consisted of not very much direction provided from my supervisor. There is very little understanding of those that are ethnically and culturally different here. There are a lot of vindictive people here. I got in trouble for not having a bond with my co-workers who were out for themselves.
fun place to deal with athletes
Goalkeeper coach (Current Employee), owings mills, mdMay 15, 2013
Working with the head coaching staff and members of the athletic staff at Stevenson to coach the women's soccer program
Diverse and well-paced environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MD 21117January 9, 2013
Stevenson University offers a staff of profession and student employees who work together to bring the community the best educational experience that they can. A typical work day allowed for me to interact not only with families visiting the school and potential students, but with members of the various departments on campus. This gave me great interpersonal – more... communication skills. I was also able to strengthen my multitasking skills and time management skills, from having to meet deadlines for paperwork and on tours with families, to running errands and completing various tasks around the admissions office. – less
Great place
Marketing Intern, Business Communication Dept (Former Employee), Owings MillsJanuary 8, 2013
Telemarketing skills.
Copy writing skills.
Event Organizing skills.
Research skills.
Overall a great place to work
Security officer (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDDecember 3, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no health benefits.
A good place to work with younger people. Great security staff.
productive, fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Stevenson, MDAugust 28, 2012
A typical day in the office I organized files, made appointments, ran around the campus to complete task and took lunches when i felt like it.
This has been a fully supportive and engaging environment
Professor of Meteorology and Climate (Current Employee), Stevenson, MDApril 3, 2012
Pros: it is friendly and growing fast
Cons: it may be growing too fast
I have taught in the classroom and online. My interaction with faculty has been more than supportive and friendly. There are a lot of long term faculty which speaks volumes for this growing institution.
It was an enjoyable workplace.
Game Day Worker (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MdJanuary 31, 2012
I have a strong passion for sports, so that's why I chose to work athletic events.