Steward Health Care Employee Reviews

Provider I worked for was great, very respectful towards all his employees.Easy to build up sick/vacation time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAFebruary 22, 2016
They hire you then add more work load without compensating you for it. No raises given pay rate is more for someone with zero experience in the health field. As well no room for growth in the company, Management is very poor with lack of communication , Then to add they tell employees " you are replaceable" in which is unprofessional.
Pros
i worked for an excellent provider, communte was not too bad, build up vacation and sick time easily .
Cons
Pay, management, cant cash out on your sick time, company is more for money then patient care, lack of support, no personal time
professional atmosphere
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 15, 2016
a typical day is 8 hours. I have learned so much about ins companies, products, contracts, billing guidelines etc etc. co workers are fun and friendly. the hardest part of the job was calling insurance companies customer service lines for providers. the best part was the flexibility
Productive, Fun place to work.
Clinical Pharmacist Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 18, 2015
good benefits, many opportunities for advancement and serving the most deserving population in the world. The overwhelming feeling of accomplishment was the greatest part of the job because I was helping others that were unable to help themselves.
a fun enviorment work places thats others and i and come togther to make health care better day by day to help patients get the help they are seeking
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 10, 2016
I love a work places that everyone can get along and be able to talk amongst eachother and be able to work out problems. theres nothing worse than having to come into work and not be able to get along with co- workers , work should be and eviroment where others can work and help patients.
Great place to work, lacked communication among tiers.
Observation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 10, 2016
I learned the ins and outs of the hospital culture. Management was changing hand and it made it difficult to deal with new policies, this is natural when things are constantly changing to find what works for a company.
Compensation/Benefits a plus...
Staff Auditor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2015
Steward offers competitive salaries/benefits. Fairly nice coworkers. Management tends to lack experience. Strict when taking breaks/vacations. Vacation/Sick days DO NOT roll over to the next year. I found the HR staff to be unpleasant and unhelpful.
Productive workplace
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 28, 2013
Having worked for Steward for 10 years, it has been a highly productive environment that taught me about team work, team build and organizational and production skills that will make me succeed into future endeavors. The co-workers are the best and the managers and directors listen to you. The least enjoyable part of this job is the commute to work and the monotomy of the work. I am always eager to achieve more and to go above and beyond my nornal day-to-day functions.
Pros
flexibility with schedule, benefits, good people to work for.
Cons
commute, location.
Help Desk for all Medical Staff of 11 Hospitals
Help Desk Analyst, IS Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Call Volume 40 to 60 calls a day
Everyone does their job
Enjoyable - solving employee issues
Crisis calls come in almost every day for either applications or systems.
We have one person monitoring our ticket queue all day.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Travel
n/a
Revenue Cycle Associate (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 30, 2015
Standard healthcare company. Centrally located in Westwood. Benefits are exceptional. Informative staff from Director to team lead.
Consistent place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 2, 2015
hours and pay are very consistent but management can be a bit one sided. treatment of workers is very satisfactory, but implied ethics and rules are a bit slacked and overlooked
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours
steward
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 10, 2014
Steward home care is a great company to work for. The healthwyse system is easy to navigate and easy to document. Coworkers can range from helpful to extremely helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with great patients that are willing to learn from you and appreciate your knowledge.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the 6 person a day requirement
disorganized, profit before patients
nurse (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 3, 2014
very disorganized, management has little management experience, little support.
benefits
Cons
more fustrations that needed
a average place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 25, 2015
A pleasant place to work,that has recently under gone a business restructuring. The hospital itself has been in business for over 150 years as a non profit organization it has recently been sold to the Steward Corporation and is being run as a for profit organization.
Pros
small establishment
Cons
no growth potential
poor management
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2015
I loved the people I worked with, but when it came down to politics and management, there was just horrible communication.
Others were not willing to work as a team which caused the clinic to just demolish.
Productive Place
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  BostonJune 30, 2015
The company offers lots of skills for individuals just graduate from college, it's a good company to start when entering real world. I like the company over all.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Schedule
Very Busy
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 18, 2012
My job at GSMC is a good job. It is very busy which I don't mind. I work with the general public and help people.I am a float which means I will go to any dept or facility that needs coverage. I learn very quick and am always looking to expand my knowledge. At my job now we check people in, schedule appointments, take co-pays, get prior authorizations, and get referrals it is a typical Medical office setting. I like my co-workers we work well as a team. The hardest thing about my job is the fact of not knowing what their next move will be. We are going to be having a layoff and none of us are certain if we are going to have a job within the next few months. I am looking for a new job that will give me a little more job security. I own a house with my husband and need to make certain I will have a job.
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 15, 2015
Working for steward healthcare at the ED in quincy is fantastic. Everyone is a pleasure to work with. It is unclear how long the site will be open which makes thins difficult
Productive, very engaged workplace
Regional Director of Quality & Patient Safety (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2012
Steward Healthcare is a growing organization who practices the 6 characteristics of quality in patient care delivery:
1. Doesn't tolerate low performers.
2. Alignment among senior leaders.
3. Effective leadership training.
4. Effective leadership evaluation systems.
5. Consistent leadership.
6. Standardization of best practices.
Pros
believes in the mission, it's not just words
Cons
still has some growing pains
Referral Coordinator
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 27, 2013
Process referrals, Schedule appts, Phone Triage

I enjoy what I do for work, But im looking for advancement and growing with a company.
St Elizabeth's Hospital (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at Steward Health Care/ Radiology was very interesting & hand on exciting. I just started here as a intern & i learn so much more then I did when I was in school. And I gain a little more confidence working on the computer for patient information then I was taught in school.

Steward Health Care Reviews by Location