Steward Health Care Employee Reviews

Pretty Decent Job
Denial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2017
Great place to start off if you have just graduated from college and need an entry level job. Bathroom breaks, lunch, punch in/out, missed calls are all monitored via computer. If you focus on doing the job and keeping it professional with co-workers...it's not bad.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Vacation Time, Over Time, Advancement
Cons
Rude patients, Micro Management, Petty at times
Supportive Team
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2017
Everyone here works well together. Were a large team COMITTED to getting our patients the care that they need AND deserve. Steward is taking the healthcare field by a storm.
Rapidly growing company
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 27, 2017
Steward is rapidly expanding from a small system in Massachusetts to several states across the country. If you are excited about embracing changes and new opportunities, Steward Health Care is a fit for you.
Pros
rapidly changing environment
Cons
rapidly changing environment
Not friendly to new people
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 25, 2017
This company put dollars over patient care. Constant layoffs, and no support from senior management or senior leadership. The staff was rude to each other and to patients. They constantly broke the rules, and created a hostile work culture.
Productive work invironment
Nursing Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 1, 2017
Welcoming atmosphere and great patient-centered care. The management is great. The floor flow was very organized. The multi discipline conferences in the morning were very helpful in maintaining continuity of care.
Job work/life balance
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 16, 2017
Allows for opportunity to earn decent income/overtime and also provides ample vacation time/sick time to use as needed. Management for the most of the time (65/35 ration) demonstrate quality leadership and commitment to employees.
Pros
Work/life balance, travel/accessibility, decent pay/opportunity for overtime.
Cons
Tries to build and fly the plane at the same time.
Great experience
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MA 02169April 15, 2017
Working for Steward Health Care allowed me to polish my administrative skills, and expanded my knowledge of the medical field. I enjoyed working for Steward because I formed great communication skills, friendships ,and working relationships with patients and staff.
Pros
Cross training, andability to learn about different departments
Cons
Unstable job security. I was played off twice. And the hospital closed.
Rewarding job but poor management
Physical Rehab Department (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 8, 2017
Steward is very stingy when it comes to giving out raises. They think a 2% annual raise every couple of years is enough. When the CEO is a billionaire and with Steward currently expanding nationwide, you'd think they wouldn't be so stingy. From what I see everyday, if Steward gave somewhat higher raises, the quality of care in my hospital would skyrocket as employees here would finally feel appreciated. Also, if you want to get overtime, you must either be a nurse or work in corporate. I find myself having to stay late frequently and I am not allowed overtime by my boss.
Productive and every changing environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 22, 2017
The days at work are never routine, and are ever changing. The system as a whole is changing which has been a difficult part of the every day view of hospital
Pros
Learning experience in Health Care
Cons
Changing environment that few adjust to
Great workplace
Lincoln Ave Haverhill Ma - Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAFebruary 10, 2017
This is a great environment where Administration make you feel appreciated.
They also make customer service their number one priority to our patients and their family members!
Good coworkers
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MADecember 21, 2016
typical day would be opening clinic, dispense medications into exam rooms, print daily schedules/notes. Double check MD schedule make sure no errors, double check MA duties such as sterilization, PA requests, vitals, ect. Manage MD/chief schedule, make sure no conflicts.
Steward health care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 3, 2016
Management needs a lot of improvement. Too much turn around time with providers. No stability within the workplace. Negative environment
Great place to work for. I feel very supported and have learned a great deal from my encounters here.
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 3, 2016
Currently work on a medical surgical unit, 12 hour shifts. Unit is fast paced, everyone is very supporitve including management. 7:1 ratio on the nigjt shift. I have learned a great deal so far including multitasking, patient care, bedside manner and team work.
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Nurse to patient ratio 7:1
Fun Place to Learn more and hangout
Citrix and Windows Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2016
It is a fun place to work with . Very friendly coworkers and ready to teach..Good Benefits given to their employers..
They take the tasks challenging and solve them on time.
professional atmosphere
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 15, 2016
a typical day is 8 hours. I have learned so much about ins companies, products, contracts, billing guidelines etc etc. co workers are fun and friendly. the hardest part of the job was calling insurance companies customer service lines for providers. the best part was the flexibility
a fun enviorment work places thats others and i and come togther to make health care better day by day to help patients get the help they are seeking
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 10, 2016
I love a work places that everyone can get along and be able to talk amongst eachother and be able to work out problems. theres nothing worse than having to come into work and not be able to get along with co- workers , work should be and eviroment where others can work and help patients.
Provider I worked for was great, very respectful towards all his employees.Easy to build up sick/vacation time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAFebruary 22, 2016
They hire you then add more work load without compensating you for it. No raises given pay rate is more for someone with zero experience in the health field. As well no room for growth in the company, Management is very poor with lack of communication , Then to add they tell employees " you are replaceable" in which is unprofessional.
Pros
i worked for an excellent provider, communte was not too bad, build up vacation and sick time easily .
Cons
Pay, management, cant cash out on your sick time, company is more for money then patient care, lack of support, no personal time
Help Desk for all Medical Staff of 11 Hospitals
Help Desk Analyst, IS Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Call Volume 40 to 60 calls a day
Everyone does their job
Enjoyable - solving employee issues
Crisis calls come in almost every day for either applications or systems.
We have one person monitoring our ticket queue all day.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Travel
Great place to work, lacked communication among tiers.
Observation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 10, 2016
I learned the ins and outs of the hospital culture. Management was changing hand and it made it difficult to deal with new policies, this is natural when things are constantly changing to find what works for a company.
Consistent place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 2, 2015
hours and pay are very consistent but management can be a bit one sided. treatment of workers is very satisfactory, but implied ethics and rules are a bit slacked and overlooked
Pros
pay
Cons
work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steward Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Steward Health Care Reviews by Location