Steward Medical Group Employee Reviews

A good working environment just low salaries
Medical Assistant & Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAJanuary 17, 2018
I have lived working for this company but in the most recent years things have changed and not for the better. New management has made it feel like Your being watched but majority of the doctors are awesome and majority of the coworkers are pleasant to work with. There is room for advancement or position changes.
Left due to medical issue
Medical Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 15, 2018
No review to give at this time. I left this location due to medical reasons and poor mgmt relations between my coworkers and I. I know others who enjoy working there. I was not one of them
Good if your a new MA grad
Certified Medical Assistant-Lead (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 14, 2018
. I worked as lead medical assistant place was not stressful once so ever besides the usual lack of team work. Enjoyed working there left due to lack of pay I felt I was underpaid for the amount of experience I had.
Pros
Great Doctors/Manager, easy sick time and vaction time build up
Cons
Low pay, No rasies
Very friendly work environment
Medical Assistant Student, Internship (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 5, 2018
During my internship a had a chance to work with all office staff and was given the opportunity to challenge myself with support from all staff members including the doctors
Additional staff
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 4, 2017
Company is functioning. Current staff are over worked to cover shortages within the company. Current employees get along well with others. Discount meals.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
not enough personnel
for profit hospital
Medical Doctor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with my staff and loved my colleagues.

work place culture: staff are not very happy

management: not supportive of its workers/ staff
fun fast paced workplace
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MANovember 28, 2017
working for steward was rewarding, good job, good pay, good employees. I would recommend working for steward medical group to anyone who asks, I am grateful for the employment opportunity i had with them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
doctors were rude to other staff
Ruthless management- stay away
The Abused (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MANovember 11, 2017
I have never in my life worked for a company that so disrespected, talked to and insulted you as an enployee as the Management at Steward health. HR protects managers and promotes abuse of employees. Report it higher up and you are out the door
Pros
Going out the door
Cons
Leaving a good job to work at Steward
management problems
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sharon, PANovember 10, 2017
this company has been sold 3 times in the last 6 years. although this recent buyout appears to be promising, i haven't seen any positive actions yet (its been over a year). I have been with this company for 6 years and received 1 raise. the only thing that keeps us working is the relationships with co-workers.
Under New Management
Medical Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Sharon, PANovember 4, 2017
Our group was bought recently by Steward. There have been a lot of good changes but there are also a lot of things that are taking way too long to get sorted out. We will see if they live up to their reputation.
n/a
Office Coordinator/medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 4, 2017
work environment was fast paced, I enjoy all of the staff the Providers are all great to work with. Location is great for my commute. I have learned to be the best medical assistant I can be. The best art of the job is helping the patients and feeling like I made a difference.
Terrible company, ruthless Upper management
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAOctober 30, 2017
Stay away- Dedham management is abusive and threatening and HR protects them and allows it to happen even when a complaint was put forth. You are just a number and they yell it at you and tell you this.
Pros
Leaving Steward
Cons
Quitting a good job to come to work at Steward
Fast paced friendly environment
Surgical Coordinator/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 16, 2017
Had to multi task between medical secretary and surgical coordinator. If patient wanted to proceed with surgery, I had to be pulled from the front desk to meet with patient and discuss surgery process, time slots available and next steps.

I assisted with answering phone call which included scheduling apt for patients. Check in/out patient for apts. Collect copays if applicable.

I also ordered supplies for the department. Was liaison between staff and manager.
Pros
Great group of providers and staff
Cons
Not enough staff
Working for Steward medical group had its ups and downs
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 4, 2017
Working for steward medical group was fun and exciting place to work, all of coworkers were great . Awesome office staff. Fun working with the community,
But as far as administrative it was always a challenge.
Due to their unprofessional office staff our grant was terminated .
The fact that 150 local low income family's and folks were affected by this is.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
adminstration
Great benefits, not so great company
Steward Surgical (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 30, 2017
Steward is a good group to start out with and if you're looking for very good benefits, which is one of the reasons I had stayed with them. However, management was poor, my assistant manager was more of a manager than the one being paid as manager. The doctor I worked for was fantastic and I still don't wish to leave him but, with how cut throat Steward is in regards to their budget and how they treat their staff, I wouldn't recommend them.
Pros
Great benefits, good staff
Cons
Not guaranteed 40 hrs, poor management, trying to cut local doctors for Boston doctors, money focused as to patient care focused
Every man for himself
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 14, 2017
This office had an onsite manager to oversee the daily activity. People sneaking out to smoke. The physicians were rude, never said thank you or please. The office staff carried themselves like big balls of stress. No time to breath. Some of the staff was nice, they would acknowledge you and say good morning.
Productive accommadates hours to work. Enjoy working in Dr.'s office.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJuly 10, 2017
Good company to work for. Accommadates my part time employment. Typical day at work is busy, I like working in a busy office. Always learning. Company keeps up with the trainingthat is needed.
Unhappy work enviroment
Steward Medical Call Center (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 7, 2017
It very hard to continual to work for a company that refuses to recognize your ability for growth within their company. It's not what you know or how well you do it. It's who you know.
Great Job culture
Medical Secretary (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAJune 8, 2017
8 physicians over 150 patients a day. Lots of multitasking and try to successfully make each patiants experience great. I learned that when your have a great team, great things can come to play. Management was not a team player what so ever. However the team that we had mad everything flow as best as we could. The work culture, staff patients was the best part of each day for me. Great environment!
Pros
great employee relationships
Cons
unsuccessful management
Overall, this place of employment prepared me in various aspects of health
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02124June 2, 2017
Had very challenging moments, however was well worth it in the end. Overall, good place to learn and prepare for venturing out in the medical field.
Pros
Great place to learn.
Cons
Could be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steward Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.