Stewart's Shops Employee Reviews

I love working for them, i jsut need a full time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Plain, NYMay 11, 2017
We re always on the go and being a brand new store, we offer a lot more to the customers. We just recently started being open 24 hours, so this allows the customers to come to us instead of driving else where.
Pros
we get 50% off when we are working
Terrible
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, NYMay 10, 2017
Would give zero stars if an option. Awful experience, the store had no teamwork, an unfair balance in favor of management, and it was definitely not equal opportunity.
Pros
Discounts on store items
Cons
No breaks, long hours, understaffed, cameras not pointed at merchandise.
fun work place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington county n.y.May 9, 2017
very energetic busy atmosphere customers were great most of the time management expected alot for little pay the promise of promotion and duties of promotion without the title or the pay
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no advancement inless you new someone on inside
good benifits, horrible boss
full time partner (Current Employee) –  Chestertown, NYMay 3, 2017
I've been with stewarts company for 2.5 yrs. The first yr went really well. Second year there I started receiving benifits which was great. I even eventually started to be a full time employee. Two weeks into becoming full time, I was surprisingly suspended for a week. What for? Let's see. With only 3 in total night people we were forced to have 2 on per shift which is fine but then we were forced to have the second person out by 9pm. Most of the time we had gotten to work by 5 or 6. That leaves two people 3 hrs to bring deposit to bank, do a cash check, stock the entire store ,make morning foods/deli, make our own hot food including pizza, clean the entire, store do garbages, dishes and take care of customers ect. If we left late we were yelled at. So the only thing we could do was get what we could done and leave. So I did. Then I was suspended. Also a customer complained I was on my phone and it turned out I was on the phone with my boss chewing me out.
I did though love the other people I worked with. We were truly like a family. I loved that about the job.
Pros
work memebers (not boss), benifits
Cons
everything else
fast paced retail and ice cream shop
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland Patent, NYApril 13, 2017
learned how to run the register, dip ice cream, stock shelves, perform cash checks, and order stock for the next delivery truck, customer service. Fun and friendly place to work.
Good company
Partner (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 13, 2017
My bosses work hard to make sure my schedule works around my life and my other job. The job itself is easy, making coffee and food, as well as cashing out purchases.
Excellent Workplace
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga SpringsApril 12, 2017
Stewart's provides above average pay and benefits to all its employees including those only working part time or seasonally. Great work environment and lovely people.
Hard work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 7, 2017
Management rely too much on their partners to do their work while doing their own and waiting customers. Breaks are non existent. They offer a monthly bonus to crew that has to split at the managers discretion. While at the end of the month the managers bonus at a much higher rate
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks / low pay
Ice cream, lotto, and groceries
Partner (Former Employee) –  Milton, NYApril 4, 2017
Temp job for most people. This job has very low pay and not really any potential for career advancement. Hours change frequently. If you open you may have to be there before 4am. I opened and had to be there at 3:30am.
Pros
easy work
Cons
Managers take their job way too seriously, must have flexible schedule, low pay
productive environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYApril 4, 2017
a fun time learning new procedures stewarts offers many benefits and opportunities to learn new activities around the shop, can get hectic at times but the regulars are the best part.
Solid company, unlimited advancement
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 3, 2017
Company is very well run; very efficient and cost conscious. Work/life balance can be challenging. For those that make a career of it, the ESOP program is amazing. CEO is very well grounded and genuinely cares about employees (partners). Company culture runs strong and deep; can be overwhelming until you get used to it.
Pros
Esop, stability, growth
Cons
work life balance; store staffing levels
Awesome place to work, flexible hours!!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMarch 31, 2017
This is a great job whether you are in high school or college. The management is SUPER and the work environment is awesome as well! The sky is the limit in this job!
Pros
Flexible hours
Great work experiance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYMarch 28, 2017
My review on Stewart' Shops over all was an amazing experience for a young person starting out in the real world. Starting rate of pay is great, management, and even the customers are amazing. You mostly can work as much as you'd like.. Great workers all around.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great first time job
Clerk/Associate (Former Employee) –  Ilion, NYMarch 28, 2017
Starting pay was minimum wage, however, once you show your level of responsibility and dependability, the sky's the limit. Managers always working with you, being reasonable and accommodating.
Pros
Flexibility in all aspects
Cons
Pay
always a productive day at work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at work would be making sure food is safe and good for customers to enjoy, store is organized and clean, having supplies stocked at all time and cashing out customers making sure they leave happy.
Pros
discount store items
Cons
short breaks. sometimes interrupted if busy.
Hectic Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NY 12401March 21, 2017
Stewarts was a very crazy environment to work in usually. With only two people on shift at a time, dealing with a breakfast, lunch, or dinner rush, it got extremely stressful. Management was sometimes friendly, but changed a lot within my two years of employment. Job advancement seemed nearly impossible. The pay did not match the job you were forced to do, at all. If you did get a promotion and they wanted to change your location, they would threaten to demote you if you said no to the relocation. Breaks were only 20 minutes long, if you even had time for one. Between customers, cleaning, making food, and restocking, there was hardly ever time for a bathroom break unless you decided to be lazy one day. Which never ended well.
Pros
keeps you active
Cons
short breaks, short staffing, job advancement nearly impossible
Co-Workers were great, management not so much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMarch 16, 2017
As one of my first jobs, it was a good place to work. However, with all the drama going on behind the scenes, it made coming to work a little more stressful than it should have been.
i love scooping ice cream
Partner (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VTMarch 13, 2017
I liked working at Stewart's because ice cream was my favorite food. I could remember many flavors of ice cream and serve multiple customers. Ice cream makes people happy.
Pros
ice cream
Cons
horrible pay
productive and fun working environment
opener (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYMarch 9, 2017
Stewarts is a great company to work for because after a year you become fully invested. there are great benefits and bonuses with working for the company. it is competetive but its made fun. very fast faced and can be overwhelming at times, but the employees are your team members as well and we work as a whole.
Pros
50% off stewarts food.
Cons
breaks are limited and brief
Great Company to work for.
Corporate Marketer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Take great care of employees but expected to work. A variety of jobs within company to choose from. Would recommend all products that are made by company to anyone.
benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart's Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9