Stewart's Employee Reviews

Great part time job
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Heuvelton, NYApril 28, 2017
If you are looking for the best part time job, this is it! I enjoy every aspect about this second job - the customers are great, we get many many regulars and I rerally enjoy seeing them on a consistent basis.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Advancement is tough
Fulfilling.
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMarch 29, 2017
You get a real feel for what the world is like in Stewarts, problem is that not everyone is pleasant and with the heavy work hours they would give even a student, who has to invest his time in his studies, it tends to wear at your patience. That said, it's a great place to work at if you're able to dedicate your time to it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Horrible attitudes
Greats Place to work
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, NYMarch 11, 2017
One good thing is you are kept very busy and time flies by. At my store the manager and crew are great, The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers who are mostly great.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
None that I can find
position while in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I held this position while in nursing school. It was family friendly as well as fun. the hours were not conducive to home life and the pay was very poor
It's a okay job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gansevoort, NYFebruary 5, 2017
It's a okay job, depending on how your manager is. Flexibility IS NOT really a option here though, regardless how many times they say they will figure it out for you, expect weeks being told that. This isn't a job you can balance life with. If they have your number expect a call once or twice a week due to someone calling off or the schedule was messed up. I couldn't balance school and work here. Also way to much drama, even if you refuse to be apart of it. It wasn't the professional environment I thought it was.
Pros
Good pay to a point
Cons
Cant afford the benefits
Good workplace. Bad manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gouverneur, NYJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoyed the job. I wish I could have worked there longer but manager hired several other people to cover my shift for no reason
Not too great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, NY 13643January 16, 2017
This job was probably the most unorganized place i have ever worked. The manager changed the schedule all the time without consulting you to see if it was ok.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Breaks only 20 mins no matter how long you worked
Fun atmosphere to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NY 12822January 6, 2017
Stewarts is a great place to work. The buisness flow is almost constant and you always have something to do to keep you busy.
Fast paced work enviornment
Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYDecember 29, 2016
Despite management being an utter disaster, This can be a great, steady workplace. Being positive and smiling while helping customers is a must. The customers are what make the job enjoyable.
Great co-workers and environment
Bakery/Deli (Current Employee) –  Castle Dale, UTDecember 6, 2016
The people who both work and shop at Stewart's are great! It's a great environment, and I am glad to have worked there. There are always bumps in the road, but nothing major.
Really great place with a great manager
Employee at Stewarts (Former Employee) –  Northville, NYNovember 27, 2016
Our Stewarts had a great manager. She was awesome and strong. I worked with some great people as well. Granted, I got more hours than I wanted, but she liked how hard I worked and was sad to see me go.
Pros
the hours, co-workers
Cons
the hours, sometimes I didn't get a lunch break
Very busy
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dolgeville, NYNovember 27, 2016
•constantly making food and running register
•the coworkers were fantastic I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with
•learned how to run the cash register and started my working career with them
Pros
Very good on scheduling
Cons
Very few hours
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Altamont, NYOctober 31, 2016
Working at Stewarts allowed me to become well rounded. I learned to stock, clean, be a cashier, do cash checks, and inventory. My manager was very helpful to me. The hardest part was when it was busy and having to stock and be on register. I enjoyed the faster pace with constantly having jobs to do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unhappy coworkers
Was extremely disorganized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY 10314September 21, 2016
In short, this job was for myself as well as other employees because we were constantly running out of products to sell. Food wise.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disorganization
Welding assitant
Welding Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXAugust 26, 2016
Building aluminum products for a customer to their custom needs and made sure as product went out it was keep to company standards
Good customers, but poor staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castleton, ONAugust 4, 2016
This was the first real job that I had, but I really liked it at first. The customers were always so friendly and I got to know them from day to day because it was a very small town. The same frequent customers came in so I always knew what they wanted when they came in. It was nice to know that if I was stuck alone due to poor scheduling I could rely on a customer to cover just so I could run to the bathroom. The management team was awful whenI worked there. Two of the managers were fired for stealing and just after I quit the entire store went under. My daily tasks including preparing coffee and food for the customers as well as stocking shelves, cleaning dishes and cleaning the floors.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
horrible management
great co-workes
Produce Handler (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXJuly 20, 2016
A day at work I think should be like your family something or someone you love to do and Stewarts owner made sure you worked hard but enthusiastic while working it was fun and exciting. I learned the environment of a grocery store. The management were very good at informing us what our job duties were each day. The co-workers were always courteous and polite. As long as you managed your job accordingly the was fairly easy to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the wonderful workers and customers that would come into the store.
Pros
good breaks
good company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Schoharie, NYJuly 20, 2016
great company to get in with. has good people to talk too. work is steady to feel accomplished at the end of day.
Decent part-time job while going to college
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJune 13, 2016
The work place is not bad and there is always something that keeps you busy. You get to know the customers and the community. The management switches a little too often leaving a need for an optimally organized and efficient team experience.
Pros
Half price on Stewarts products
Cons
Alot of employee turnover
Fun Place to work
Partner (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 13, 2016
It's fun and very active place to work. I actually moved out of the state and that's why I no longer work there. Can be very hectic and busy at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart's. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval