Stewart & Stevenson Employee Reviews

Very Nice Atmosphere
Territory Manager/ Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 9, 2017
They gave me everything I needed to suceed. I was laid off with about 400 other people across the company. The job was very competitive among other salesmen.
30 years since I was with this firm.
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
30 years since I was with this firm. I no longer interface in this industry nor do I have contacts at Stewart and Stevenson. They seem to holding on after being bought out and dismanteled.
Good workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jennings, LAOctober 23, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone beginning their mechanical engineering career. It is a good place to learn a lot. Good working environment for a fresh grad.
Good people!
Back Counter Parts Rep II (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LASeptember 13, 2017
Opportunities to learn and plenty of training. Diverse projects. Great people to work with across the board and from location to location. Pay is competitive within market.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Depends on your attitude.
production supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
okay to work for but they don't care about your safety or others. I had to beg them to get me new lifting slings. because the one I had were damaged

to expensive
Productive and a Great place to work
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2017
Being a GenesysWorks intern here was the most spectacular experience I could have ever asked for. A typical work day was packing and shipping boxes, answering phones, imaging computers and mostly just getting important things done. I learned how to talk to other branches within our company and image computers. Management was great. The workplace culture was very cultured we had all different cultures. The hardest part of my job was moving computers and printers twice my size. The most enjoyable part was lunchtime with my Co-workers.
Pros
1hr lunches, out to eat on most lunch breaks
Cons
There were no cons
fun wokrplace, manager sucked
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
fun workplace. great crew and supervisors. helpful staff. able to work in multiple areas/shops. learned a lot, trained on multiple set-ups/engines/generators/train engines.
Pros
great staff and crew
Cons
racist shop manager
OMG - The owner is elderly micromanager.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great folks to work with the culture is 30 years behind. Not flexible or open to new technology. Good old boy network. Lots of favoritism. Some managers need training. Lots to be said. Not enough room or time. So glad to get out of that place!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No 401. isurnace increase. No raise in 3 years!
hard work
Supervisor of Field Maintenance Technicians (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJuly 11, 2017
a lot of driving and working in adverse weather. away from home most of the time. being on the road gets very lonely........................................
To many chiefs, much chaos
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
company production increased quickly and could not keep up with demands. Company spiraled down and laid off many employees. everyone was doing jobs outside of their titles.
The crew are a good people to work with
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 5, 2017
They were very helpful when people need time off when family members get sick with serious illnesses, They are friendly, and help when you are learning new jobs .
Great work environment
Electrical Technician/Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
Stewart and Steveson was great for me to continue working on generators as i did the last 4 year of the Army. As well as they worked with me while i went to school.
Worker
Leadman/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
Just a #,
I never felt secure,
Always had negative reviews and no support.
The work environment was out of necessity to get the job done at all costs including safety.
Poor Leadership
Division Manager - Remanufacturing Center (Former Employee) –  Killeen TexasJune 14, 2017
Resigned due to family emergency, fell off of house, had surgery and bottom fell out of oilfield finished 5mm facility and closed it down then went out for surgery
Pros
Cons
Just bad training
Fairly good workplace
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2017
Leader in manufacture of oilfield equipment and strong presence in the industry. 100 year-old company in Houston with a lingering reputation. Recently the company was sold to an Iranian that lives in Calgary Canada. Better assets were sold off and the profit taken out of the company. Very sad, but that's the way business is done in the "new" global economy.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Layed off too many people
Wouldn't recommend
Material Handler III (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COApril 26, 2017
Not a fan of management. Definitely has the 'good ol' boy' mentality. Wouldn't recommend this place to work unless you know someone in upper management. The most recent manager had no experience in the field and demonstrated very poor management skills.
Transmission work!!!
Transmission Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed working on transmissions. Meeting different people on a daily basis was nice too. I worked with knowledgeable employees. I had a lot of fun working at this establishment.
SALES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Enjoyed my time here very much. Was just there was no room for advancement for me and had to search for another job, which also had more pay as well.
fun workplace
Stockroom/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXApril 17, 2017
The facility in Sealy Tx. was closed after I left the company. While I was there it was a fast past work environment. The management team was great. I was sorry to hear this placed closed
Take care of wokers
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed working their,the workers where great also the personal. they would help you in any aspect that the could. worked for the Military part . You got quarterly bonuses .Every two weeks lunch was catered .You treated as a person not an employ
Pros
Great inviroment
Cons
Being transfered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart & Stevenson. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9