Stewart Business Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Feel sorry I you work there or are looking to work there.
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 15, 2016
In sales you are micro managed with everything from the amount for phone calls you make and they track the calls how many you make and how long they are, to the amount of cold call stop ins you make even to prospects to you have. Management is horrible I remember a time after an employee left for a different job the manager used to make fun of him about how he talked a laughed. The only enjoyable part of the day is when I go home. Moreover, the health insurance covers nothing no office visits, the only time anything is covered is when the high deductible is reached then only 80% is covered after that.
Pros
Free bottled water
Cons
Micro managing, horrible benefits, bad culture.
abusive management stressful work eviroment
call center rep (Former Employee) –  burlington,njFebruary 18, 2015
Stewart Business Systems Customer care center was one of the worst positions i have ever had. The call center manager was very unfair and unfriendly. She would often come in with an attitude which made her unapproachable. The vice president of service was also not pleasant to work with. He would often talk down and intimidate his employees. The customer care center has a very high turn over because of the abusive management. There is also no room for advancement in this department. There are employees that have held the same position for 10 + years and have not advanced. I would not recommend that anyone who is looking for well paying career to apply here.
Pros
president of company is very nice
Cons
no room for advancement, pay is poor
A very stressful place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Receives many phones calls and different assignment at a blink of eye and responsibilty increases as well without notice.
Too much oversight of day to day sales routines
Education Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Typical day: Start each day reporting to the office and then go into your territory regardless of appointment schedule and report back into the office at the end of each day. Weekly meeting schedule had little flexibility. Meetings every Monday & Friday without exception that took up to and over half a day or more out of the field.

Co-workers were great and would assist on projects, proposals and other assignments. A collaborative work environment with all team members.

Management routines very structured, little flexibility and they only stressed one corporate go to market strategy.

Hardest parts of the job were order processing paperwork, difficulty using their CRM system and quoting system that wasn't integrated, attending weekly meetings versus being in the field.

Most enjoyable part of the job was with the customers establishing and growing the relationships. Problem solving, addressing current and future requirements.
Great Culture: Great Co-Workers!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 13, 2014
I've worked with Stewart for just about two years, and couldn't be happier! I wake up every morning excited to go to work! Upper management is great and extremely supportive. This is a company the promotes within and recognizes ones achievements and successes. I would recommend this company to anyone look for a great career!
a Joke,Laughable a waste of time and energy!
Current call center rep (Current Employee) –  BurlingtonMay 30, 2014
Stewart Business Systems is the worst place that i have ever worked.The training is joke. When i first started there wasn't even a trainging manual to refer to. There is a different set of rules for different people. You will get along with management as long as you brown nose and don't question their authority. As soon as you go against the grain you are labeled as a trouble maker and treated as such. Stewart Business system values Quanity over Quality. As long as you are a warm body that is able to answer the phone and willing to work for minimum wage you will go far at Stewart.
Pros
has some great employess
Cons
no room for advancement
Excellent Company - Great Benefits
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 29, 2014
I love this company and my job. I've received excellent training and working side by side with the managers is a huge plus. They do so much for the employees on a personal level to let you know how much you're appreciated. Great opportunity if you're looking for a career. They treat you like family! Fun Friday and Free Pizza Day once a month help keep it fun! Employee Appreciation Week is always a ball, and the President of the company calling every employee by name makes you feel welcome, and the occasional ice cream treat from the President always puts a smile on your face. Every employee is treated like an MVP! Benefits are top notch and the opportunity to learn is always there. I've recommended this company to everyone I know looking for a job, some have even been hired and love it as much as I do!
Pros
excellent benefits, excellent work environment, fun fridays, mr. softee ice cream
Cons
pay could be better
Growing Company W/ Tremendous Opportunity
Manager, Marketinng & Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 28, 2014
Love the people and the environment where I work. High energy, enthusiastic atmosphere. Resources and Training are great, being a Xerox Company offers many perks. The people at Stewart Business Systems are professional, helpful, and truly concerned with development of their employees. They are always available to answer any questions and/or help with any issues that require attention.
The company culture at Stewart is something special, collaboration and team work are just some of the things that sets them apart & coming to work every day exciting! My coworkers are the best!
Pros
fun company events - great benefits
The worst
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 17, 2014
This job is not a good place to work at everything is very unorganized. I worked here for a month before I recieved any training. The management wants you to do more than whats in you job description and only pay you pennies. In my opinion you can find a wa better call center that will pay you way above min. Wage
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
micro managment, pay
All Hype Not Enough Pay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 30, 2013
If there were any nice words to say I would say them but they aren't . I've never worked anywhere in all my days living where someone would be allowed to treat their employees like this. They pay you minimum wage to do work that you should get paid twice the rate. If you're looking for stability this is not the place to go.
Pros
free lunch 30th of the month
Cons
pay rate, language used
Co-workers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 19, 2013
Co-workers were great to work with.
hardest part of the job was the commute back and fourth from home to office
Horrible management.
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJNovember 19, 2013
The typical day at work is walk in depressed leave more depressed, you learn nothing other than how horrible a company can be run. Originally the company was a good place to work, but then was a steep slope into the ground. The hardest part of the job was getting through the day and watching the clock tick down to 5:00. The most enjoyable part of the day was fantasizing that maybe it would get better, better pay, better management, better training; which never came. Glad I left.
Pros
everyone had the same morale.
Cons
the moral was horrible
A growing company with an awesome culture...two rare finds!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 21, 2013
Stewart is an awesome company to work for. I worked at Stewart as an account executive for almost 3 years. I always felt like I was supported by management and my colleagues. A lot of management is internal which is a good indication of not only financial growth but personal growth. They give you the training, tools and support you need to be successful...of course the rest is up to you. If you expect to have things handed to you it will not happen here but if you put in the effort you will definitely reap the rewards. The culture is awesome as well. This is the only company that I have ever worked for that provides breakfast on a weekly basis, buys lunch at least once a month, sings Happy Birthday to everybody and has an ice-cream truck pull up out of the blue...at the company president's expense! Seeing a bunch of people in suits lined up for ice cream is definitely a pretty cool sight. If you are looking for a company with a high energy environment, and a company that cares for its employees, this is the right place! It was hard for me to leave but I relocated to another state, otherwise I would have continued to work at Stewart!
Pros
they offer the tools for success and there are a lot of awesome people that work here.
Cons
not very modern for a technology company.
Sky is The Limit
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  NJFebruary 14, 2013
I've been with stewart for the past 3 1/2 years starting out of college with very little knowledge of the copier industry or sales. Stewart trained me from the ground up which is one of their biggest strengths. They are truly committed to developing their employees in all departments and at all different levels of expertise.

SBS will reward you for working hard, if you truly are committed to working a full day every day you will not fail. If you plan to live the "salemans life" and expect to work from 10am to 3pm and make 150k a year it simply isnt in the cards and you should look elsewhere.

Stewarts strengths are based on their ability to be flexible within our local marketplace. Although we have the financial backing of Xerox, we do not have the red tape or processes that go along with it. Stewart has its own process, makes its own decisions and manages all of its operations out of Burlington NJ.

I have unfortunitly witnessed several reps walk out the doors at Stewart to walk on the grass that is always greener on the other side. However, I also see many reps that have been here for years making a great living and they all have one commin trait, a dedicated work ethic.

Put in the time and you will not only advance within but earn a great living.
Pros
local decisions, detailed training, numerous resources, great base salary with strong commission structure, great people
Cons
monthly quotas
Horrible Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 3, 2013
There is a lot of micromanaging in this company. There is mistreatment and not a good work environment. I do not recommend for anyone to apply or work here.
the bad and the worse
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 25, 2012
In 2009 the company was a good company to work for even though I was told that a few years before that is was even better. Today in 2012 both their customers and employees are unhappy with their services and the direction the company is heading.
Abusive Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 15, 2012
Princeton Office lost four excellent rookie sales people due to abuse, such as name-calling, belittling, and unrealistic expectations.
Pros
the company name - xerox
Cons
very poor, uncaring management
bad news
tech (Former Employee) –  njFebruary 22, 2012
company ran by bad management that doesnt care about persons working for them
Pros
some decent people used to work for them
Cons
got rid of most good people that built the company

2.6