Stewart Business Systems

Stewart Business Systems Employer Reviews

Great Culture: Great Co-Workers!
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Burlington, NJJuly 13, 2014
I've worked with Stewart for just about two years, and couldn't be happier! I wake up every morning excited to go to work! Upper management is great and extremely supportive. This is a company the promotes within and recognizes ones achievements and successes. I would recommend this company to anyone look for a great career!
5 Star Organization
Account Executive (Current Employee), Burlington NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: advancment opp, great people, uncapped commission structure
I have worked at Stewart Business Systems for a little over two years. I started with this organization two weeks after obtaining my Bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University. Since then I have been lucky enough to have gotten two Promotions and two raises in salary. The best part about this company is that you have the ability to make whatever – more... income you desire, as long as you are willing to work hard and develop your skill set.

Throughout my two years here at Stewart my income has already more than tripled. Stewarts Uncapped Commission Structure has given me financial freedom and the ability to own a home and afford to pay for my MBA. If you’re not afraid of a little hard work you will do well here.
The other thing that in my opinion makes this company great to work for is its people. Most everyone at Stewart is genuinely nice and friendly. People take a vested interest in you here and care about your well-being and your success. The President of our organization serves as a great motivator and an inspiration to the sales force; he is truly the face of the company.

I can’t speak for all organizations but I can assume that at most other organizations/companies the President does not know all 200+ employees by name. Here not only does our President know everyone on a first name basis but also takes the time to send all employees a Birthday card as well as a Work Anniversary Card every year.

Stewart feels like a family, as most of the staff has been with the company and worked together for many years. There is also very little turn-over which for a sales organization is rare and hard to come by.

If you are looking for a JOB this is NOT for you ... if you are looking for a CAREER then Stewart Business Systems XEROX is an OBVIOUS CHOICE!!!! – less
a Joke,Laughable a waste of time and energy!
Current call center rep (Current Employee), BurlingtonMay 30, 2014
Pros: has some great employess
Cons: no room for advancement
Stewart Business Systems is the worst place that i have ever worked.The training is joke. When i first started there wasn't even a trainging manual to refer to. There is a different set of rules for different people. You will get along with management as long as you brown nose and don't question their authority. As soon as you go against the grain you – more... are labeled as a trouble maker and treated as such. Stewart Business system values Quanity over Quality. As long as you are a warm body that is able to answer the phone and willing to work for minimum wage you will go far at Stewart. – less
Excellent Company - Great Benefits
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Burlington, NJMay 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, excellent work environment, fun fridays, mr. softee ice cream
Cons: pay could be better
I love this company and my job. I've received excellent training and working side by side with the managers is a huge plus. They do so much for the employees on a personal level to let you know how much you're appreciated. Great opportunity if you're looking for a career. They treat you like family! Fun Friday and Free Pizza Day once a month help keep – more... it fun! Employee Appreciation Week is always a ball, and the President of the company calling every employee by name makes you feel welcome, and the occasional ice cream treat from the President always puts a smile on your face. Every employee is treated like an MVP! Benefits are top notch and the opportunity to learn is always there. I've recommended this company to everyone I know looking for a job, some have even been hired and love it as much as I do! – less
THE WORST
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, NJApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month
Cons: micro managment, pay
THIS JOB IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AT EVERYTHING IS VERY UNORGANIZED. I WORKED HERE FOR A MONTH BEFORE I RECIEVED ANY TRAINING. THE MANAGEMENT WANTS YOU TO DO MORE THAN WHATS IN YOU JOB DESCRIPTION AND ONLY PAY YOU PENNIES. IN MY OPINION YOU CAN FIND A WA BETTER CALL CENTER THAT WILL PAY YOU WAY ABOVE MIN. WAGE
All Hype Not Enough Pay
Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, NJDecember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch 30th of the month
Cons: pay rate, language used
If there were any nice words to say I would say them but they aren't . I've never worked anywhere in all my days living where someone would be allowed to treat their employees like this. They pay you minimum wage to do work that you should get paid twice the rate. If you're looking for stability this is not the place to go.
Co-workers
Driver (Current Employee), Burlington, NJDecember 19, 2013
Co-workers were great to work with.
hardest part of the job was the commute back and fourth from home to office
Horrible management.
Support Tech (Former Employee), Burlington, NJNovember 19, 2013
Pros: everyone had the same morale.
Cons: the moral was horrible
The typical day at work is walk in depressed leave more depressed, you learn nothing other than how horrible a company can be run. Originally the company was a good place to work, but then was a steep slope into the ground. The hardest part of the job was getting through the day and watching the clock tick down to 5:00. The most enjoyable part of the – more... day was fantasizing that maybe it would get better, better pay, better management, better training; which never came. Glad I left. – less
A growing company with an awesome culture...two rare finds!
Account Executive (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 21, 2013
Pros: they offer the tools for success and there are a lot of awesome people that work here.
Cons: not very modern for a technology company.
Stewart is an awesome company to work for. I worked at Stewart as an account executive for almost 3 years. I always felt like I was supported by management and my colleagues. A lot of management is internal which is a good indication of not only financial growth but personal growth. They give you the training, tools and support you need to be successful...of – more... course the rest is up to you. If you expect to have things handed to you it will not happen here but if you put in the effort you will definitely reap the rewards. The culture is awesome as well. This is the only company that I have ever worked for that provides breakfast on a weekly basis, buys lunch at least once a month, sings Happy Birthday to everybody and has an ice-cream truck pull up out of the blue...at the company president's expense! Seeing a bunch of people in suits lined up for ice cream is definitely a pretty cool sight. If you are looking for a company with a high energy environment, and a company that cares for its employees, this is the right place! It was hard for me to leave but I relocated to another state, otherwise I would have continued to work at Stewart! – less
Sky is The Limit
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), NJFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: local decisions, detailed training, numerous resources, great base salary with strong commission structure, great people
Cons: monthly quotas
I've been with stewart for the past 3 1/2 years starting out of college with very little knowledge of the copier industry or sales. Stewart trained me from the ground up which is one of their biggest strengths. They are truly committed to developing their employees in all departments and at all different levels of expertise.

SBS will reward you for – more... working hard, if you truly are committed to working a full day every day you will not fail. If you plan to live the "salemans life" and expect to work from 10am to 3pm and make 150k a year it simply isnt in the cards and you should look elsewhere.

Stewarts strengths are based on their ability to be flexible within our local marketplace. Although we have the financial backing of Xerox, we do not have the red tape or processes that go along with it. Stewart has its own process, makes its own decisions and manages all of its operations out of Burlington NJ.

I have unfortunitly witnessed several reps walk out the doors at Stewart to walk on the grass that is always greener on the other side. However, I also see many reps that have been here for years making a great living and they all have one commin trait, a dedicated work ethic.

Put in the time and you will not only advance within but earn a great living. – less
Hard Work = BIG REWARD
Sales Representative (Current Employee), HeadquartersJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: lots of resources, full team efforts, never alone, plenty of support, family like atmosphere
Cons: of course all sales people including myself dont like being told to follow a process, but as i said, if you accept and embrace it you'll be happy to make the commissions!
(sales)
If your looking for a CAREER, and are a hard worker, not someone that expects things to be handed to them, and can follow a more than acceptable process, then settle down at Stewart! With the major growth the company is having, its easy to get promoted as long as you bring your A game! Prove yourself and they are happy to reward those that are – more... committed.

Stewart Business Systems is a growing company. With all companies that grow there are changes and growing pains, which are expected.

Stewart like other sales organizations has its processes, which can be tough for those that do not embrace them, but for those that do - it is very rewarding. – less
Horrible Management
Employee (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 3, 2013
There is a lot of micromanaging in this company. There is mistreatment and not a good work environment. I do not recommend for anyone to apply or work here.
the bad and the worse
Account Manager (Former Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 25, 2012
In 2009 the company was a good company to work for even though I was told that a few years before that is was even better. Today in 2012 both their customers and employees are unhappy with their services and the direction the company is heading.
Abusive Management
Account Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 15, 2012
Pros: the company name - xerox
Cons: very poor, uncaring management
Princeton Office lost four excellent rookie sales people due to abuse, such as name-calling, belittling, and unrealistic expectations.
bad news
tech (Former Employee), njFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: some decent people used to work for them
Cons: got rid of most good people that built the company
company ran by bad management that doesnt care about persons working for them

July 18, 2012

Stewart Business Systems simply cannot continue on a successful path with the current management in place. I think it's only a matter of time. Salesman are the foundation of the company and when you're treated like DIRT and they ultimately leave, what's left?

About Stewart Business Systems

Global Imaging Systems (GIS) is consolidating the fragmented office equipment industry one acquisition at a time. The company sells – Read more