Stewart Lender Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great Coworkers
Closer Controller (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 7, 2016
Each department is willing to help when you are over loaded, to assure your time frame to close is met. Learning the states laws that is required in the many paper work we have was a challenge but over come that with the support of my team lead.
Pros
lunches
dead end
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2016
There was no where to go but out. Company unable to attract new business and caused the site to shut down. Leaders unable to lead effectively and not doing anything to boost moral.
Pros
Cons
leadership
Great people!
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me is addressing server support tickets in a multi-domain environment and monitoring alerts. Handle any system related projects. Report to clients regarding SLA's. I have learned and grown a lot at Stewart since I started out as technical support and have been promoted several times. The hardest part of the job is not having all of management on the same page to help direction. The people at Stewart are very helpful and polite.
Worst full time permanent job I've ever had
QA Anslyst II (Former Employee) –  DTC..DenverSeptember 24, 2015
Control freaks run the show, bosses are not respected or liked. The mentality is knowledge is power so they only tell you what you"need to know."
Project based Company boring and not challenging! False promises, secretive and clicky!
The executive management is comical and they all hate each other and we all hated them.. So easy to have no respect for this Company or its Management.
Pros
Leaving it, close to I 25, pretty atmosphere
Cons
Rude executive management, control freaks, very, very low morale.
Temporary Administrative Assignments
Site Administration / Administrative Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 31, 2015
 Provided office management and administration of various statistical reports, graphic presentations and departmental projects
 Coordinated and prepared presentation decks for executive meetings and conferences
 Long-term assignments were extended to companies i.e., Enron Corporation, Houston Pipeline Corporation, Radiologist Associates Business Office and various engineering firms throughout Corpus Christi, Texas
 Assignments required experience with MS Office software programs and expertise in the office management profession
Multi-cultural environment
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
Nice place to get started but not a lot of growing room within the company.

All movement was lateral.

Learned several positions without a lot of compensation, and not a of solid leadership and guidance,

Would really enjoy it more if employees cared more about the work and less about socializing and gossip. Let's grind and get the work complete and then we can talk but rather it always seemed the opposite and deadlines were missed.

nice work environment, but no over time and and no benefits,

all work was strictly contract.
Pros
good hours, nice commute
Cons
lack of communication, nepotism
Multi cultural environment
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
Stewart is a good place to work if you are looking for a temp job. It was a good experience but some of the team leads were unprofessional. Procedures changed all the time.
Pros
Overtime and good hours.
Cons
It was very unorganized at times. Work was strictly contract.
Greatest Company Ever Worked For.
Senior Facility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 24, 2015
Typical day was to greet all guest and employees and make sure they had proper cards to enter the building, provide security at all times inside and outside to and from parking area to office. monitored cameras and exits.Great Company ! Most enjoyable was taco Tuesday.What was learned was keep your ears open and eyes wide open. Hard part of job was saying good by.
Pros
Pros was the kind and friendly people that works for Stewart
Cons
Cons was that this site no longer needed Security any more
A good place to work. Dynamic changing with current market/industry environment.
CURATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2015
Stewart is a good place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Changes to industry and client mix required reduction in workforce.
Unorganized
Team Manager Subject Matter Expert DIL Department (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2015
I like the job that I do. I have mastered it now that my job basically does itself, however the mangement here is very unorganized, and they dont promote based upon who knows what, they promote those who are liked. I want to work somewhere that no matteer how much i'm liked I get the job based upon my merits
Productive place to work at
Mortgage Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 10, 2015
My time with Stewart Lender Services was wonderful. I learned a lot about mortgages including different investors, home equity lines of credit, foreclosure processes, and housing and urban development offices and assistance. My personal management team was always happy to be at work and always tried to make the work environment a better place. A typical day at work can range from working with customers in regards to payments all the way to assisting customer with options to keep their home as well. The hardest part of the job would have to be the amount of changes to the rules and regulations that we had to keep up with.
Directionless
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 3, 2015
Coming into work is an experience its self. There is no support from the senior leadership. They are providing more excuses about what can't be done instead of clearing roadblocks or finding an alternative solution. Also the leadership doesn't know what is going on from day-to-day. Mostly hiding in their offices to avoid answering any questions. Their is no motivation and low moral which reflects poorly on leadership.
Pros
Cons
Low moral, micromanaged, and overly stressful
Professional and fast paced work environment.
Loss Mitigation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Typical day would consist of measuring the overall performance of the portfolio. Oversee daily operations and follow up on end of day deadlines. I have learned much in interpersonal skills, managing people, delegation of work, and time management. My Co-workers were all professionals, who enjoyed working in a team environment and working to the overall performance and success of the project and the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help customers make a dignified transition out of their homes. As well as learn hands on in this industry.
Okay place to work, needs management direction
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 15, 2015
Stewart Lender Services is a vendor management company who is on the decline. They have a minimal sales staff and very few accounts coming in. Management is changing directions in operations which causes a lot of issues. Great people and overall a good place to work.
Cons
Healthcare is weak.
Great Company and Great Management Team
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Loved working at SLS, the job was definitely a great experience and it was very manageable with work. Decisions were made as a team and as a team player I was always kept in the loop.
The staff was very help and unified.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed the team I worked directly with as well as the floor team. I enjoyed the mild tone that this job had. I appreciate the human resource experienced I obtained here.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Understaffed
DIL QA Team Lead
QC Team Lead - Deed in Lieu (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 1, 2015
Quality Assurance Team Lead for a clients DIL portfolio. Ensure all DIL loans are in compliance according to investor guidelines.
Strong employees, not so strong management or benefits/compensation package.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
Fluctuating job duties; high turnover rate, can be really stressful. Wages are stagnant and employee morale is low. Great co-workers despite it all. You will make lasting friends...great start-up for experience seekers and a decent place to lay over in between jobs.
Pros
inefficiency, great co-workers
Cons
stagnant wages, high turnover rate, inefficient
Not Good, Not Good at All.....
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Upper Managment is a joke. Most are uneducated drones. One in particular is an incredible bully, choosing to lead via fear tactics.

They've had so many layoffs, they have zero credibility anymore. I was there for 2 years, and when your time is up, your time is up! They gather you into a room with some of your peers, give you a speech, and usher you out the door. Many, many companies these days handle layoffs with dignity and respect, but SLS chooses to use it as an opportunity to strip you of your last ounce of pride.

In short, I made some cool friends there, but it's not a place for a career. Hostile work environment, horrible management, an H.R. Department that doesn't act on anyone's concerns, and projects that get cancelled left and right because Clients aren't happy.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else
Wonderful Leadership
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
One of the best leadeship teams I have ever worked with. Everyone elevated each other and strived to make the process and work environment better every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart Lender Services. Our community is ready to answer.