Stewart Lender Services

Stewart Lender Services Employer Reviews

Loan Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Flexible schedules, open door policy, room for advancement, professional environment,
The best advise I could give anyone thinking of taking a position with Stewart, think again!!
Title Review National Operations (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 10, 2014
Pros: decent office and most are good people to work with
Cons: everything, there are to many cons to mention
The management at Stewart Title are all from Lawyers Title that went bankrupt. I can see then running this one into the ground also. They operate by the seat of their pants, and work everyone to their max and burn everyone out. It is quite funny to watch them all quarterly, it seems they all have a car fetish in that place. Every quarterly bonus comes – more... a nice new car.

You may do well if you accept an invitation to go out for drinks with one female member of management. She wants to buy your friendship, and you get job security.

I was actually nice in my review, if you are considering working with Stewart Lender Services, my advise to you would be, kiss their buts, get drunk every night with this manager, and do not show you are intelligent because you will never receive a promotion or raise. They want you with little experience and then they will-promote you to Management. Those are the facts folks. The bottom line, the employees are so disrespected and to darn afraid to speak up for that would mean termination. – less
Recordation Doc prep
Preformed data entry (Former Employee), houston, TxApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed being apart of Stewart Lender Services, they give you have a great chance to move up in this business.
People are wonderful to work with.
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2014
Stewart gives a great opportunity for employees to move to different positions within the company. Whether it is a vertical or a lateral move, the experience and opporunity is enormous. The people are wonderful to work with and helpful.
Fun places to work with great people
Curative Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2014
A typical day at work involves solving simple and complex issues in regards to REO properties including, but not limited to, Code Violations, Federal Liens, State Liens, Judgments, and Incorrect Vesting of deed.
Circus
Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Management is a mess. Some leads have issues reading in general, and/or writing professional emails (lack of skills). Friends and relatives of upper-management are placed in better positions, promoted, or moved around while other talented employees are left without opportunities. HR leaves many direct violations in policy and procedure issues unresolved. – more... Computer network fails everyday and/or crashes leaving employees without work for hours, days, weeks, and even months at a time. – less
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Constant change for the betterment of the company
Very detailed
Learning courses to make sure employees understand and are in compliance with client and business needs
I enjoyed working at Stewart fun, plenty OT
Closing Specialist II (Former Employee), Coppell, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunche, ot and all round i loved my co-workers
Cons: lay off with no warning
I enjoyed being apart of Stewart as this was a family oriented company. Due to the unfortunate drop in revenue I was laid off, if giving the opportunity I would return back to Stewart.
Make Friends with the Upper Crust...
Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: pay is decent (for my position), great people (non-management), parking is free and gated (bissonnet location)
Cons: dirty office, scare-tactic management, favoritism, unable to take criticism, poor technology, not employee focused
Stewart Lender Services is not a great place to work if you are an advocate of constructive criticism or innovation. I did not work with innovative and widespread technology. Instead I used systems built in house that often broke and are unseen anywhere else in the business world.
I noticed what people would talk to each other, but as soon as management – more... appeared, there would be a mass scattering. I wasn't sure why until I actually listened to the conversations. People weren't talking about their person lives, they were talking about why the company was terrible and how to make it better. The issue? They could not bring their concerns to management. In fact, I know of multiple individuals who were blacklisted because they spoke up against the way business was being conducted.
It's one thing to take criticism, smile, and say you will look into it, and it is another for a Vice President to tell a person that he must have been smoking something when he came up with his "terrible idea".

But maybe I'm just a disgruntled (and happily former) employee? Let the record speak for itself:

Stewart prides itself on the prizes they have won for being a company of integrity, or being one of the fastest growing, but never once have they been considered one of the best places to work. Employee satisfaction surveys will continually score low for this place.

In conclusion: Do it for the pay. Keep your mouth shut or make friends with management. Get out as quickly as you can. – less
Interesting work with intelegent management but no job security
Value Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: enjoyable and intelegent staff.
Cons: inconsistent work as contracts are starting and stopping
Company works large contract work which starts and ends with little warning. High value on production and it is implied that unless specific numbers of production are met with no regard for the difficulty of each assignment, that you will be let go. Intelligent middle management and production staff. No contact with upper management. I would work with – more... them again but with the realization there is no long term career opportunities. – less
Title Exainer on National scale
TITLE EXAMINER (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 6, 2014
I get to examine titles from most of the 50 states, learning the varying laws governing real estate in the differing States.
Typical Workday
Operation Administrator (Current Employee), Houston TexasAugust 18, 2013
A typical day for me starts at 7:30 AM. I go into the office and I upload all of the previous day's production report. From there I have until 8 AM to run all of the daily reports to be sent out to the floor. After that is done, I would verify all data and upload and resend reports if I receive more data. Once all that is done, I will provide assistance – more... to anyone who requires it at the time. If I have some free time, I work on the side projects I have which is to develop small Microsoft Access applications for smaller scale operations. – less
Awesome place to work
Temporary assignment (Former Employee), Houston,TxJuly 24, 2013
Pros: company appreciated you and paid well according to your job
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at Stewart Lender was always exciting I came in with a big smile greeting all of my co-workers and would go straight to my department that I worked in. I got along with everyone there it was kind of like a family oriented and thats why I enjoyed it there so much I just hate that I was hired through a temporary agency. There was never – more... a day that I did not want to go to work and if I had to let anyone know about the company I would definitely give them a good review about Stewart Lender. – less
REFI Production Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 6, 2013
I enjoyed my time while there................................................
Stewart - a wonderful place to work
Account Manager / QC Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 15, 2013
Pros: management, co-workers, and environment
Cons: risk of layoffs
The management and co-workers around me enrich the culture. The work is interesting and always changing. Stewart holds the highest standard of ethics and is a JD Power & Associates winner.
Stewart Lender
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2013
Pros: free snacks provided by upper manangement & dress code
Cons: healthcare, lack of yearly evaluations, increase in salary
My position consisted of loan processing among other duties. There is no accountability for hostile/unproductive co workers. Too much pressure for understaffed and unorganized department.
productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to come into work and already know what you need to do and start work. Didn't have to talk on phone. Just come in an enter data.
Literally the worst place I have ever worked
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Cons: no room for advancement, rampant disorganization, poor management, poor communication, constant policy changes, illogical directives
Our tale begins in late December 2011, when I applied for a job at Stewart Lender Services. During my interview, I was given the impression that I was getting in on the ground floor, that I would have an opportunity to build a meaningful career, and that (while things may start slow) I would eventually be able to utilize my education and experience – more... in the mortgage field. However, I soon discovered that this was at best a pipe dream, and at worst a blatant lie. On my first day, I was greeted by a former co-worker from Litton, who told me she had been hired as a trainer. The only problem was that most of her job experience was in legal work, and she admitted to me that she had no idea why they made her a trainer and felt terribly unprepared. In other words, "Hi! I'm a red flag!"

Please note that my start date was January 19, 2012, which was a full three weeks after I was hired. You would think this would be enough time for management to, say, get me a computer for my desk as well as access to all the systems needed to do my job. Unfortunately, you would be wrong. I didn't have a computer for two weeks after I started, and it was another month before I had full access to the proper systems. So during my first three weeks at Stewart, I did absolutely nothing. Literally. And then, those of us without full system access were forced into a call center, where we read a meaningless script to customers over the phone.

The rampant disorganization, the poor communication, the constant policy changes, the illogical directives, and many other factors made most of us believe that management was either grossly incompetent or playing an elaborate prank. To this day, I'm still not quite sure which scenario is more accurate.

Once I finally gained full system access, I was moved into Process Support (a.k.a. "CET"), where all of us mindless drones reviewed loan modification documents for a certain large bank who shall remain unnamed. Now, I'm not quite sure who is/was to blame for this, be it Stewart or the bank, but our policies and procedures changed constantly. Sometimes they changed more than once per day. So I essentially had to re-learn everything I had been taught in my first days of training, because by this point (a month and a half later), procedures had changed so drastically that the project was virtually unrecognizable to me. But despite this widespread confusion regarding how to do the jobs we were hired to do, management seemed far more concerned with excruciating minutiae such as which door we used to leave the office, or whether we used our cell phones in the hallway outside the bathrooms rather than the break room, which was only about ten feet away.

After a couple of months, my team and a couple of others were moved onto the new DOJ modification project, and confusion shifted into abject chaos. You see, the bank had apparently neglected to write any policies or procedures whatsoever for this new project, so we were all just used as glorified lab rats, attempting to figure out how to do our jobs by sheer trial and error. In one instance, I discovered a problem with our loan queues and subsequently solved it. I then had to explain both the problem and the solution three separate times to a bank representative, who theoretically should know how their own systems work better than me.

System access became intermittent again during this period, leaving many of us with nothing to do at times. One of my co-workers had a problem with her computer, but instead of fixing it right away, the computer simply sat there, nonfunctional, for eleven weeks, while she got paid to sit around and read novels. In the end, the computer was never fixed, and she was simply moved to a different project.

Meanwhile, the people working on the original CET project were regularly running out of loans in their queues by 9 or 10 in the morning, leaving them with basically nothing to do almost every day for months on end. Eventually, the vast majority of these people (most of whom were agency employees) were unceremoniously fired (or "rightsized") over a weekend with absolutely no preparation or warning. Some of them were hired back about a week later with a cut in pay. Obviously, this whole episode made everyone very nervous, but management just told us all that everything was fine and there was nothing to worry about, which is exactly what all the agency employees were told a week before they were fired. – less
great work place.. friendly professional atmosphere
IT Specialist (Current Employee), houston, txNovember 9, 2012
Pros: business casual
got to work with some advance technologies. The experience will last a lifetime.
Stewart Lender Services
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything
Not the ideal work place very unorganized. Never have any work. Management are unapproachable and can't help with any issues.

About Stewart Lender Services

Stewart Information Services is happy to have a place in that mountain of papers to sign whenever real estate changes hands. The – Read more