Stewart Lender Services

Stewart Lender Services Employee Reviews

N/A
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), South HoustonApril 20, 2015
It was a job not career overall good experience and a new field for some people.If you have the experience in mortgage please apply.
Freedom to learn in multiple fields but bad management
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Decent work environment, Friendly coworkers
Cons: Some technical things not taught until an error occurs, long drive to work
I enjoy the freedom to explore how thing come together in the office so that more people can monitor possible errors within the work. This being said, Management at times did not manage and when an error came about that was out of my scope of expertise i would have to determine how to proceed since management had their hands full with 7 addition teams. Closer to the end of my assignment, our boss left for another job and all responsibilities fell on the project manager who was familiar with other teams work and not ours.

When we had work, i completed it in a timely manner and rarely had errors. I was training in my downtime to help other teams as management had instructed. I was working closely with 3 teams and was moving on to a 4th when we had a large decrease in work.

I also put together daily reports for our managers that gave an overview of issues for our whole team and managed other teams time cards.
The culture is not positive
Senior Loan Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
Since we were bought out in 2013 the culture and vision has declined. I enjoy my coworkers and the clients. I enjoy the work. But I do not enjoy the company politics and micro managing.
Strong employees, not so strong management or benefits/compensation package.
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: inefficiency, great co-workers
Cons: stagnant wages, high turnover rate, inefficient
Fluctuating job duties; high turnover rate, can be really stressful. Wages are stagnant and employee morale is low. Great co-workers despite it all. You will make lasting friends...great start-up for experience seekers and a decent place to lay over in between jobs.
An okay place to work, but the location is horrible
VENDOR MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Worked as a Vendor Management Coordinator and Data Entry. The people I worked with were great. I really do not have anything bad to say about the company....only the location. I did not feel safe leaving work to walk to my car.
Quality Control for Closed Mortgages
Specialist I (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers, location, listen to music
Cons: work & life balance, compensation, advancement
An average day consists of re-verifying income, asset and credit information on closed mortgages for Quality Control. Letters, faxes email and phone are all used to obtain information.
Not Good, Not Good at All.....
Team Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
Upper Managment is a joke. Most are uneducated drones. One in particular is an incredible bully, choosing to lead via fear tactics.

They've had so many layoffs, they have zero credibility anymore. I was there for 2 years, and when your time is up, your time is up! They gather you into a room with some of your peers, give you a speech, and usher you out the door. Many, many companies these days handle layoffs with dignity and respect, but SLS chooses to use it as an opportunity to strip you of your last ounce of pride.

In short, I made some cool friends there, but it's not a place for a career. Hostile work environment, horrible management, an H.R. Department that doesn't act on anyone's concerns, and projects that get cancelled left and right because Clients aren't happy.
Stay focuses
Processor (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: clean facility
Cons: poor management, no future growth potential
Staying focused will help you meet your production requirement each day. Concentrate on doing what is good for the client. Computer heavy work environment with a bad computer software system
Great Place to Work with a lot of knowledgeable people
Subject Matter Expert for Closing QC (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 24, 2015
This place was a fantastic experience. The people here were very professional and knowledgeable when it came to the mortgage/title industries. I enjoyed the years I spent there and learning all the different process involved with loss mitigation.
Very little growth
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
Stewart took over Allonhill in 2013, since then there have been many layoffs and no promotions or raises. Upper management is completed disconnected from the operations workforce. Many of the people are great to work with but there is very little room for growth at Stewart.
productive and enjoyable workplace
Network Support Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: monthly lunch, team building exercises, family atmosphere, paid transportation
Cons: after purchase all perks went away, no company sponsored events, transportation was not longer subsidized
I learned much about network engineering and all aspects of running a functional IT infrastructure.management was fantastic and coworkers were great to be around and very supportive. After the purchase from Stewart all aspects and perks of the job changed. It became a more stringent corporate climate. after the purchase by Stewart my job responsibilities changed and was drastically reduced
Work before family
Bankruptcy Document Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2014
I need the ability to not be penalized when i'm sick or my infant son needs me to take care of him.
Prepared for a full day's work. Everyday.
Short Sale Negotiator/Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: 9-5 monday through saturday
Cons: contractual employment
Complete tasks at hand. Stay off reports. Contact those who need to be contacted and you will do just fine. Oh! And most importantly, avoid being laid off when October rolls around
High Productive environment
Loss Mitigation Specialist - Team Lead Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits and bonuses
Cons: mass layoff
Excellant working conditions, training, managers, benefits and personal goals. The best part of my Job was assisting home owners on keeping their american dream of home ownership. Processing pre-foreclosed loans to active FHA and Conventional loans. My employment at Stewart Lending Service Co. was a one year contract which consist of 700 employees with a X number of loans to process. Per our high production, one year contract was completed in eight months. Mass layoff of 700 employees.
Stewart aquired company with disregard to talent
IT (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 21, 2014
Pros: pizza day
Cons: poor benefit package, minimal career advancement, lack of direction, lack of communication with associates
I worked at a mortgage servicing company for 8 years as an IT professional. Our team worked effectively and efficiently to provide the highest level of service to our clients and the company as a whole. The direction of our team was well communicated and provided technological advancement back to the company. Stewart acquired our company with the promise that the talent was what they truly valued. I retained my employment in the transition, however after day one, my team was stripped of our normal day to day tasks. Before the acquisition, I spent 90% of my time performing Jr. System Admin and project related work, 10% on tier 3 support related request. After the acquisition, I spent 100% of my time escalating tickets to other IT individuals as a tier one client services representative. We were placed in a new silo under different management who did not take the time to evaluate the workload we were already doing. There was no evaluation of our skill sets and how to leverage those skills for the company. We were striped of access to system, projects, and told that when the dust settles we would have to reprove our talents to Stewart. They had no clear action plan for the transition at least for the IT support level. Communication regarding the direction of the transition, the job role, and who to contact for assistance was absent. I had to repeatedly ask for this information only to be told “it’s business as usual”. The acquisition was extremely detrimental to our ability to support and service our end users and our clients at the same level our business had become accustom to – more... receiving. We became middlemen forwarding requests to other IT individuals we knew we could handle ourselves in minutes. Their delays in responding to these requests made it that much more challenging to retain the trust of our end users. Time delays significantly impacted our ability to service our internal clients and external customers. After the acquisition, the role they provided took my professional career back 6 years without even discussion or meeting with me. – less
Productive and Competive
Short Sale Processor/Negotiator - Wells Fargo (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: monthly rewards; great team leads;
Cons: accrue an occurances too easlily.
Stewart is a Great place to work. It is all about producing, but with fellow employees it is a fun competition to see who will produce at their fullest each month. We have our good days and then there are bad days, but we always manage to pull ourselves from the bad and make it Great.
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Flexible schedules, open door policy, room for advancement, professional environment,
The best advise I could give anyone thinking of taking a position with Stewart, think again!!
Title Review National Operations (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 10, 2014
Pros: decent office and most are good people to work with
Cons: everything, there are to many cons to mention
The management at Stewart Title are all from Lawyers Title that went bankrupt. I can see then running this one into the ground also. They operate by the seat of their pants, and work everyone to their max and burn everyone out. It is quite funny to watch them all quarterly, it seems they all have a car fetish in that place. Every quarterly bonus comes a nice new car.

You may do well if you accept an invitation to go out for drinks with one female member of management. She wants to buy your friendship, and you get job security.

I was actually nice in my review, if you are considering working with Stewart Lender Services, my advise to you would be, kiss their buts, get drunk every night with this manager, and do not show you are intelligent because you will never receive a promotion or raise. They want you with little experience and then they will-promote you to Management. Those are the facts folks. The bottom line, the employees are so disrespected and to darn afraid to speak up for that would mean termination.
Recordation Doc prep
Preformed data entry (Former Employee), houston, TxApril 22, 2014
I enjoyed being apart of Stewart Lender Services, they give you have a great chance to move up in this business.
People are wonderful to work with.
Business Systems Analyst II (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2014
Stewart gives a great opportunity for employees to move to different positions within the company. Whether it is a vertical or a lateral move, the experience and opporunity is enormous. The people are wonderful to work with and helpful.

About Stewart Lender Services

Stewart Information Services is happy to have a place in that mountain of papers to sign whenever real estate changes hands. The – Read more

Stewart Lender Services Salaries