STEWART TITLE

STEWART TITLE Employee Reviews

great staff
Auditor (Former Employee), DenverMay 15, 2015
Pros: work environment, co-workers and supervisors were fantastic.
Cons: upper management communication with staff
co-workers willingness to help was outstanding. Management was great as well but upper management did not communicate with other co-workers on procedures. In my opinion, communication is key to have a productive and prosperous staff.
Co-workesr are great
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Houston TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Lunch during closing
Cons: Low wages
I am currently looking for employment due to that the Accounts Payable department is being outsourced. There are several department that will be outsourced.
Business orientated, fast-paced closing process
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Amazing associates, flexible schedules offered
Cons: Low wages, outsourcing
A typical day at work is comparable to most corporate settings. Most associates are in by 8:00am and leave by 5:00pm. I am grateful that Stewart Title worked with me so I could complete my education, from an Associate’s degree in Social Behavioral Science to my Bachelors in Business Management. Throughout my college experience I excelled in Accounts Payable, my only problem was the compensation. I have been told to wait for a sufficient monetary raise for over 10 years and often have had to decide if I was going to put gas in my car or eat. This is an issue even now, after I have been promoted to Accounts Receivable and have two degrees under my belt. At Stewart Title, I have learned the full cycle of Accounts Payable and part of Accounts Receivable. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I never intended to leave my company because the people are awesome. They have become part of my family with some even attending my graduation. We always have parties for each other weather it is in celebration of a birthday, baby, and even promotions. My manager is absolutely amazing. She is always there when you need her. She checks on her employees daily and is a great role model in the dichotomy of caring for employees and completing tasks to the best of your ability. Now that I have loans to pay back, unfortunately, loving my work family is just not enough.
Instability
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2015
Stewart Title Services along with most of the mortgage/title related industry took a huge hit when the refinance boom ended. Downsizing was continuous and most everyone was always worried about losing their jobs.
Laid back but productive
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee), Houston txApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: job stability/pay
Great place to start off mortgage career.
Project based so once the project was complete possible layoff.
Overall decent place to work.
friendly envirorment
Operations Manager II (Former Employee), Coppell, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: awesome ice machine
Cons: no lunches or breaks
Stewart is a good company that has been around for a long time. However, the work load and hours were unacceptable. department moved from Houston to Coppell and we were short staffed. I was the manager but 100% in production. I was working 10 hour days plus Saturdays and I was told that was not enough hours worked for a manager.
nice place to work for
Loss mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
good opportunity to learn and gain new experience. Good company to work with and will recommend to others looking for work.
Lack of Leadership, terrible communication
Business Development/Sales (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2015
Poor internal communication and lack of effective leadership. Don't feel valued by company. High turnover with little regard for people within the organization.
Arden Hills Office was great!
Escrow Closing Assistant (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Very interesting and engaging work. Good work environment and customer clientele. Flexible work arrangements when I needed it.
Great repore with co-workers
Administrative Title Assistant General (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: my job was various of things
I did all kind of different things. Helped get deposits ready for the accounting department. I was also a runner for the company.
challenging
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
This is a good company because of its statewide presence and one can travel from one part of the state to another if their project required it. The benefits are great but just like other companies out there, there are still some bad apples set to corrupt the vine.
Great place to work at
Manager - Enterprise Network Operation (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Great place to work at. Great family culture and decent benefits and salary. Upper management is always available to listen and resolve issues and problems.
Great company the people are are great there to work with
Title Assistant (Current Employee), Ventura, CADecember 24, 2014
Pros: work with a bunch of great people
Cons: hours get cut now and then
My day starts off doing abstracting documents for recordings then towards the middle of the day I would get the confirmations of documents that were recorded that day and the hardest part of this job is at the end of the month everyone wants the files to close.
Professional and healthy working envrionment.
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee), Post Oak, HoustonOctober 31, 2014
Pros: team approach in achieving company goals.
Cons: none.
I really enjoyed my time at SSIS. I was given a great deal of independence and trust in working with client files. There was a sense of partnership with my colleagues, and higher up's. Everyone was all hands on board for the overall success of the company. I learned quickly how to maintain solid relationships with those I work with in close proximity. Maintaining a good office balance relates well in the work you do!
Close contact with co-workers, resolving issues, keeping updated records.
mail room assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: being able to learn the complete mail room system.
Cons: sometimes dealing and resolving issues generated for situations out of my direct control.
Close communication with co-workers regarding mail issues, follow up on pending mail, receiving outgoing mail and special instructions, placing orders for mail and couriers as well as FedEx and UPS Orders. Reviewing issues with my supervisor, and keeping records of all outgoing and incoming mail. Regular trips to p/u and delivery of mail. Filing stationery orders.
The nature of my job gave me the opportunity to be in contact with almost all the company personal, to resolve doubts and issues, they considered me as a supporting aide for their company-customer relations through the mailroom system.
Fun place to work at times
Quality Assurance specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site
Cons: middle management
At other times, management got in the way of progress which impeded the associates growth. Very immature management style
Real Estate
Network Operator (NOC) (Current Employee), HoustonAugust 25, 2014
This was a grat company. Great benefits with great pay, but it was a typical call center
Prductive
Escrow Officer (Former Employee), Liberty, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers and friendships that were built
Cons: moving from office to office and not having everything you needed or not having the help.
It was a great place to work. The co-works would help when you needed it. The hardest part was I would cover other officers when the employee went on vacation and had to pick up files and figure out what was going on with each one of them.
Poor Work Environment
Receptionist/Escrow Assistant (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee, pay
Cons: no healthcare, poor environment
I was an escrow assistant. I didn't really mind my work, but they didn't ever trust me with anything important. Everyone else hated their job and complained all the time. I was always put down for being young, and it got to me after a while.
Fast pace and forever changing place to work with great co-workers
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great insurance, close to home and great co-workers
Cons: there is no room for advancement, the break room is too small for the number of employees
A work day at Stewart will be busy from 8 to 5 it's a strick and a high pace place to work, My co-workers are great I really enjoy being around them, The hardest part of the job is not knowing when a project is going to end because that means they are going to lay off, I have been there for over two years and there has been six lay offs. I have learn to work in an environment that changes week by week. The management team are not as visible as most companies we have leads they are learning as they go so we help each other.

1 2 3 4

About STEWART TITLE

Stewart Information Services is happy to have a place in that mountain of papers to sign whenever real estate changes hands. The – Read more

STEWART TITLE Salaries