Stewart Title Employee Reviews

Staff is great!
Title Assistant/Title Support (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 13, 2017
Stewart is a great starting company for Title but there isn't much growth opportunity. If I were to stay at this company another several years, I would work on the Escrow side. However, the staff is amazing and friendly. I have had the best bosses over the years and they are very understanding to flexibility.
Pros
Awesome co-workers and boss
Cons
not paid enough
Fast-paced Enironment
Operations Manager - Post Closing Originations (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 12, 2017
As an operations manager, I have to make quick decisions, adapt to the client's needs, and provide the level of service that is expected. By running daily reports and monitoring the daily volume, I am able to give the client a consistent level of satisfaction. The hardest part if the job is motivating the associates to put their best foot forward being that Stewart does not have any employee appreciation programs. I have to come up innovative ways to improve employee morale. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the fulfillment of knowing that I give 100% in every task that I do.
Good Company
AR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Post oak houstonJune 12, 2017
Stewart is a good company to work for, you feel appreciated and welcome always. its a big growing company that is always changing and improving. you never know what is coming next.
Closer/Processor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2017
Some teams are personable, others are not. Some managers micro manage some do not. Pay is decent. Benefits not so much. Health insurance for families is really expensive. Every year benefits go down and premiums go up. Raises are minimal if any
Productive Fun environment
Title Specialist Senior Anallyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
This is a great company to work for, and great people to work with. Very understanding that life happens an they are easy to work with. Their benefits are also great.
Pros
Benefits and flexibility
Cons
Uncertain of future.
Very busy office
Marketing Assistant/ O&E Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2017
Answering phone calls were essential in getting my work complete each day. Providing information the the client was of the upmost important process to complete the day
Under New Management, But NOT In A Good Way!
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2017
The only secure job ,currently, is a receptionist. There are lay offs left and right for every other position due to wanting to save money, therefore, those in higher positions only want to take care of themselves, not their employees. There is brand new management and restructuring that has everyone fearing for their jobs. The new management is , by far, the worst management I have ever seen, very unprofessional and unkind to employees and clients, i.e. telling clients not to send business, calling employees and clients stupid, not responding to clients, and the list goes on. They are losing business quickly and everyone is leaving or worried about being laid off. It is a demanding job that keeps you busy all day because there are not enough people to keep up. I have learned how to open and close escrow files as well as many tasks that go along with that. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers, the co-workers are awesome and look out for one another, helping each other out. Too many broken promises from corporate. This is the current environment, it used to be great and it could be great again.
Pros
Paid time off, friendly co-workers, very nice offices
Cons
Very poor healthcare benefits, Poor management
Escrow Office Support/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 9, 2017
You can work as a Receptionist and transition into the other departments but as a Receptionist you can expect a long life of work but if you transition to other departments you can expect to be laid off because job security depends on the real estate market.
Pros
Pkng. Good office hours. No weekends. Fair pay rate
Great Company
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 9, 2017
Loved this company. But it's time i try to move on within my career. They are very fair to their employees and have a great work / family balance. I have learned so much from being with this company.
Stewart Title
Escrow Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 5, 2017
At the time was an excellent place to work
The company was headed by John Rafferty who was a remarkable
business man, always looking out for the employees and was easy to get along with.
One of the best places I ever worked.
The company was like family and we all did what we needed to do get make it profitable.
The world is at a loss without Mr. Rafferty
New and resale home closings
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
Typical day at work very hectic and stressful, but also very rewarding.
Learned the opening and closing of title work in real estate(a great deal of preparation is involved, from surveys to loan docs.) Management was very good at what they do. The workplace culture was very hectic and multitasking. Hardest part of the job was when a deal fell through. Most enjoyable part of the job was giving people the keys to their new home.
Too much emphasis on the bottom line
Underwriter Applications Developer - Principal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2017
Stewart has laid off too many people in an effort to save money, resulting in a staff that cannot meet their customers, both internal and external, needs.
Great place to work and positive work environment
Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 25, 2017
Lots of opportunity to learn. Really enjoyed working with Stewart title.
Steady workday with a lot of interaction with others, email and via phone call. Was a fun place to work and the day was never boring. Always plenty to be done, day goes by fast with so much to do.
Pros
Lots of potlucks, great people and fun work environment
Great benefits
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 24, 2017
Open title orders, order HOA, loan documents, surveys, and all documents for real estate closings. Review title work and cure any issues on title commitment. Upon closing, review docs, send to lender and fund all transactions. Issue title policies.
Pros
good benefits
No room for growth
Disburse Hold Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 22, 2017
I worked at Stewart Title full-time (going on 6 years) started off in Customer Service, then got moved to the Client Liaison team from there I wanted to move around in the company and learn more which then got me in the Post Closing department. I have been in the Post Closing dept for a little over 2 yrs now and wanted to grow more and applied for a Team Lead position that was open and got turned down.

I do not see any more room for growth with this company and do not see myself retiring with Stewart Title.
People are great to work with and knowledgeable in the field.
Escrow Processor (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2017
I have learned a lot working for Stewart. Management works to ensure that everyone has the tools needed for their job. Issues with a new program have been met with challenges, but management has been then there to help and encourage each of us to be patient and work through the problems. Though at times the workload can be stressful, the fun atmosphere that is in the office is beneficial in helping the staff to relax.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 17, 2017
Great job for a self starter. Management is wonderful. Very few advancement opportunities. Great job for someone who doesn't mind repetition. A lot of knowledge can be gained working here.
Stewart Title of Austin
Partner Admin - Senior / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2017
I was a long time employee of Stewart Title and enjoyed working for the company for many years. However, recent changes have encouraged me to see opportunities elsewhere. Training, Communication, Company Direction, and Morale were severely lacking.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Management, Training
nationwide company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 8, 2017
Easy going VP, several offices throughout the US. The position was not commission based or offered any bonus plans. Several years without merit increases. Management will work around employees schedules.
Its a cool workplace
Closer/Escrow Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 21, 2017
This is a great company to work for depending on the department you work in and your manager. I was fortunate to work under wonderful management and also with a great group of people that are in office.

The down side is that you don't get annual raises which sucks! But I love the people I work with. So it balances itself out I guess.
Pros
It's laid back in certain department
Cons
Annual raises are not consistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart Title. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9