Stewart Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NYMarch 23, 2016
There is a lot to do at work and you are constantly moving. Stewart's is more than just a gas station, it is a pizza place, a grocery store, an ice cream parlor, they sell lottery and alcohol and milk and bread. They are a little bit of everything. So, if you are not constantly on the move with some sort of task, then you are not doing your job to the fullest. There is always something to be done around the shop. Management is very effective and nice. They are always there to help you and to listen but also to make sure you are doing your job to the best of your ability. I love working with customers and interacting with them, so I think that may be the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
Pros
Discounts, knowledge of new products, great benefits, flexible hours.
Cons
Short breaks.
Cool place
Cook, Dining (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92504March 29, 2016
The job itself was pretty awesome if you like a fast paced work environment. There is tons to do and a really cool manager the only thing I would say there is a flaw in is the methods of running back and forth for one item multiple times. I learned time management a variety of different postions that were also fun . I liked the people and the overall job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Disorganized at times
Great job.
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LADecember 31, 2015
12 hour work day, prep meal for midnight meal and breakfast. Learned how to effectively create menu and meal plan for client. I lead a team of 12 people, I handle any problems or concerns that may arise during my tower shift. The hardest part about this job is missing my young son. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating delicious cuisine for our respected clients.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Rough weather and turbulent seas
was a good company to work for .
diesel mechanic /assembler-mechanical level 2 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77095May 6, 2016
enjoyed my job learned many skills but oil industry is slow so i got layoff ihave been working there for almost 9 years we worked on frac units generators vibration units
It was my first job out of school
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
It was a monotonous editing job that probably doesn't exist any more. I'm sure it's a good company. I was on an off shoot project.
Friendly work enviroment very personable
Recieving clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2016
Unload and store two semi's daily of major appliances.Learned how to move frieght quickly and efficiently without damaging product.Recieved and shared knowledge with co-workers.Some days the temp. would break 100 degrees in warehouse.Enjoy physical labor.
Pros
allowed too purchase televisions for a song.
Cons
Two paid holidays
Learned how to manage a law firm
Office Manager/Bookkeeper - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2015
Enjoyed being the Office Manager also assisting with criminal and family law cases. I was a girl Friday. Receptionist, Accounts Payables/Accounts Receivables, payroll, invoicing, collections, scheduling, preparing correspondences and pleadings. Enjoyed the variety of job duties
Pros
Enjoyed being busy all day long with a variety of different task
Cons
Worked 50-60 hours a week.
Good work place
Mortgage Recorder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2013
senr mortgages to the counties all over the United Statea to be recorded.Cut checks for the recording fees. Scanned documents
into to system for that loan.
Scanned the mortgage to be submitted electronicallyto the counties
that were able to receive mortgages in that format.
Co-workers were great to work with. Management guided
us to be able to complete the job successfully.One of the hardestitems was making sure the mortgage was signed correctly signed.

My follow co-workers
Pros
the way my fellow co-workers were very respectful of each other
Cons
raisers
Home Day Care
Child care Director and Owner (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 9, 2015
Working for yourself brings many benefits and many pitfalls. I loved working at home and it provided me with the opportunity to raise my daughter at home for the first three years of her life. It provided us with a closer bond and she learned so much from the other children in my care.
Pros
Stay at home mom
Cons
nothing
Great staff and co-workers
associate attorney (Current Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working here until we lost a public defense contract. I love providing criminal defense to indigent clients throughout Pierce and King Counties.
Fast Pace job
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 29, 2015
A great job to work for with great management a place you can grow with. Its a high pace call center, and you have to be able to work
audit manager
CPA (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 25, 2015
I performed principally audit work for this Firm started by 3 prior managers of Peat Marwick. I advanced from audit staff to audit manager in 3 years. I planned and supervised all audits assigned to me. I enjoyed working there but decided to leave when I was offered a position at Arthur Young & Co.
Pros
Excellent audit training
Seek employment elsewhere
Principal Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
Seek employment elsewhere, especially if you are in IT or Customer Service. Outsourcing many support and development jobs. The new CIO leaves a lot to be desired as a manager.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
outsourcing
Filing, Scanning, Computer files
Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 3, 2015
Verified that information in the computer system was up-to-date and accurate. Organized files, and scanned documents. Designed electronic file systems and maintained electronic and paper files. Prepared paper files for destruction
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Slightly boring
Productive workplace
Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 12, 2014
Average work day 10 hours
Hardest part of the job: meeting all deadlines with heavy case load
Most enjoyable part of job: Meeting interesting people; finding the evidence needed
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours, excessive case load
Productive Workplace
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Out-of-StateApril 7, 2012
Out-Of-State, 12hr days, 7 days a week
How to Rig, Lift materials with a Crane
Decent Management
New Experience was a plus
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
seasonal and working with road crew
Great travel time
Lineman/Tower Construction (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2015
Family owned company, Great people to work for. If you like to travel then this was the best part of the job. The pay was very good due to the overtime offered.
Great group of People to work with
Team Lead Final Title Policy -National Operations (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 1, 2015
My current work place has gone through a few ownership changes in the past couple of years.

Now that we are apart of Stewart Title, I believe we will see great improvement in the work place and a upward growth.
Adventure
Human Resources Coordinator/ Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santurce, PRMarch 2, 2015
I enjoy recruiting person for a new jobs. I like to bring a new opportunity. Everyday is different in my jobs and I love it.
I like to promote teamwork. My work is a challenge.
An enjoyable and educational work enviornment.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 29, 2014
A great place to work. It was a well established and respected legal firm. The employees partners and other employees welcomed me respected my skills. It was a fast paced legal firm, which was a great challenge. My favorite part of this job was working with the clients in making their lives better.
Pros
allowing me to improve the business utilizing my paralegal and organization skills.
Cons
office gossip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stewart. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3