Stewarts

Stewarts Employee Reviews

A convenient location with a lot of room to grow
Partner (Former Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Convenient location, Amazing customers
Cons: Management inside the store, Scheduling
I usually opened the store by myself. It had its busy moments because of the morning rush but I did enjoy working there. I was always kept busy because the number of tasks and lack of employees on duty.
It was a great learning experience for me.
Cashier, Stocker, Janitor (Former Employee), Castle Dale, UTMay 22, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: paid student wage
A typical day at work? I would show up to work usually early with a smile on my face. I am greeted by my boss, management or a co-worker. I get my cashier drawer and began to have wonderful conversations with customers. I would face my isles and cashier as needed; keeping busy and productive all the while. When i'd leave i would clean and do my duties. The next time i worked i would start again. I learned that people go the extra mile to make sure that we have the best shopping experience. I never realized how much effort goes into making everything wonderful for customers! I became quick friends with my boss, management and co-workers. The hardest thing for me to be happy about was working with co-workers that love drama. I also graduated from High School early and only got paid student wages. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that i had a job for myself, i was working hard, and having fun while doing it. I also loved to talk and make conversation with the customers.
Fast pace work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Utica, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: pay was ok
Cons: no benefits
I enjoy working in the health care field with all kinds of people. I learned about being a dietary aid which is beneficial to me in applying to other jobs. This job was very easy because it was an easy routine.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hudson Falls, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: discounts, company picnic
Cons: short breaks
Stewarts was a great place to work, there were many chances for advancement in the company and the pay was outstanding. Training was perfect and you werent expected to do things you had no understanding of.
Good benefits, bad environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cohoes, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no trust, not flexible
There is no trust at all in this company. stressful work environment, and requirements are unresonable
Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fonda, NYDecember 5, 2014
This was a fantastic place to work if you can keep up with the fast paced environment. Its tough work, never sit down, and hardly ever take a real break. This was a fun job, lots of interaction with people.
Busy, fast paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wynantskill, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: discounts on food and drink
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work consisted of helping many customers, auditing different areas of the store, ordering product for the store. Cleaning constantly was a necessity as well as stocking the shelves with product. At every shift change, a cash check had to be completed as well as a deposit. I learned how to multitask better. I also learned how to complete store audits, order product, cash checks, deposits, stock cooler and freezer, follow food prep laws. Learning a great deal of the job was neccessary due to the great deal of turnover with management. In five years I had four different managers. Co-workers were great and I have remained close with a few of them. The hardest part of the job was the management. I loved every part of the job besides the management. I think they should have more training.
Friendly
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester Center, VTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good place
Cons: low staff
good place, good food, good people. good prices on gas. always stocked and ready to go for lunch time
Review
Cashier ETC (Former Employee), Ocean City, NJSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: homelessness
Poorly managed, let the girls he like smoke pot out back, and that the ice cream machine wasn't cleaned daily just once a month..

My cousin Needed More Hours raising a 2 yr Old, so close to the end of the season I asked to be let go and my hours go to my cousin and he did as I asked.
work scheduling
Cashier (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 31, 2014
I was a pregnant women working 10+ hours a day all day on my feet and a break was only permitted if the store was not busy and the location I was at it was always busy…so no break and then i returned to work after maternity leave i was working 12hr shifts with no concern or any where to pump being that i was breastfeeding. Our bathroom was public so unsanitary position to pump and our office had cameras, so no privacy to pump.
Great place to work.
2nd Key Holder (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: meet lots of very nice people
Cons: none that i can think of. just long hard work.
Very busy work environment making coffee, scooping ice cream, stocking shelves and coolers, making breakfast and lunch. With the right co workers it went very smooth and was a very enjoyable lace to work.
fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Chestertown, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no breaks
Manager does not know how to speak to her employees. very fast pace, never slow down, Co-workers were ok, just have to please the customer, get them out as fast as you can
Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 21, 2014
I really liked working at Stewarts It was fast paced, always keeping busy, keeping the coffee going, making the customers sandwiches. The management and coworkers were amazing.
Produce Company
Store Clerk (Former Employee), NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Family owned and operated business. Customer Service was a priority.
Fast paste, fun place to work
Stewarts Marketer (Former Employee), Latham, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: made my own schedule
Cons: was a traveling job.
My day would start out at my first shop. I would walk in and do a walk around the store while writing down the things I saw that needed to be fixed or added to the displays or signs. Then I would ask partners and managers if they needed me to do anything for them to help them catch up and make their day easier. Then I would continue to update displays and signs and any other tasks assigned to me by my boss. Most managers were pleasant to work with and the partners were fun to be around. The customers were a great part of my job. I had a lot of fun promoting sales to customers and they got a kick out of my bubblieness. The hardest part of my job was catching the stores up when they were really behind and trying to do the work that I was assigned to do that day in that store all in the time I had provided myself to have at that store. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to write my own schedule and I very much enjoyed creating displays and making ballards. I am artistic so this was a fun job to have.
Fast-paced serving job to an affluent clientele.
Server (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Located across the street from the beach in an affluent area, Stewarts was busy as long as the sun was out. I learned how to delegate in a busy work environment while keeping the patrons happy.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier / Server - Part-time (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYDecember 27, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no, breaks
I open the store,got the cash registeres ready,lottery,coffee and breakfast, than luch.co-workers were nice and fun.enjoyed it there
Loved working with customers
Partner (Former Employee), Fort Edward, NYDecember 24, 2013
Pros: working with customers
Cons: hours cut
I waited on customers, put orders away and placed orders. I loved the people I worked with.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place to work if you are in high school. Does not pay very well. Not much raises.
Tough rewarding job with high physical and mental demand.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: employee owned company
Cons: staff and equiptment always ran at bare minimum.
A typical day driving for Stewarts consisted of starting at 1:00 am and working full speed for an average of 10 hours a day. Delivering product, communicating with shops and performing various marketing duties. I had one manager that always put in 100% and was forthright and thorough with all aspects of his job. All my coworkers had an excellent work ethic and a commitment to their jobs and the company, as that is the culture of Stewarts. The most difficult part of the job were the hours (1 am start time). The most enjoyable aspect of my job was the autonomy and responsibility I had. Working for Stewarts I learned a lot about patience, forethought, attention to detail and a great deal about how an individual such as myself can create a positive image for the company I represent.

Stewarts Salaries