STG, Inc.

STG, Inc. Employer Reviews

STG
ITIL Problem Manager (Former Employee), Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Good place to work. Predictable but challenging environment.
Slimey Little Snakes!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2014
Cons: poor management, poor morale, no work life balance, very high turnover!
Oh yes, they will smile in your face and stab you in the back! As a working mother there was no flexibility whatsoever! There was absolutely no work life balance. I honestly felt discriminated against because I am a mother and I need a little flex time due to my family dynamics. I tried to explain to them and they would have nothing to say accept these – more... are firm times and you must abide by them. Guess they do not respect that family comes first. Secondly, Management simply put are "CHICKENS" instead of talking out issues, they have others do the dirty work for them or it may just be a phone call when you get home to tell you not to come in the next day....NOT by management mind you, but by someone else. Now, isn't that professional? No way! That is down right disrespectful! You cannot tell an employee to their face? If you cannot deal with confrontation, or should I say different personalities, then you do not need to be in management! Due to their rudeness and disrespect, they are unable to keep quality people and the turnover is crazy high!!!! My advice, STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN! – less
N/A
Systems Admin/SQL Admin (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 23, 2014
Contracting that took over the Booz Allen contract for FORSCOM US ARMY division.
Lack of leadership direction
Anonymous (Former Employee), N/AMay 29, 2014
The company has entirely too many VPs, Senior VPs, and C-level executives who think they know better than the folks in the trenches. If they took the time to listen to their people, they might learn something and prevent themselves from becoming marginalized in an increasingly-competitive contract market.
IA
Data Security Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMay 15, 2014
Good place to work, people are nice and helpful. The days go by fast because there is always alot to do. The hardest part about the job is that things are constantly changing, but that is the most enjoyable part of the job too, it's constant learning.
STG Management a revolving door
employee (Former Employee), RestonApril 3, 2014
over 10 senior level managers in 4 years? Always someone on the way out because of that. No consistent leadership/management style.
A good company but not a great place to grow and expand skills.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 13, 2014
STG was a great company to work for when you are on a billable contract. However, unlike larger defense contractors, they do not have a bench or a large pool of openings to jump to if the contract you are working on loses funding or goes away.
family oriented company with many celebrations throughout the year
Internship (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch breaks, good environment, motivating coworkers
Cons: no vacation, no pto, no holiday pay
scan files and put them into the file room, upload files to the network and create contract folders to be put in the file room. I have learned a considerable amount about the way business works, how to write a business plan, and key elements of a business plan. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be communicating with management closely – more... along with being responsible for the work i get done everyday, essentially being my own boss. – less
Great entry level IT company
Help Desk (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 15, 2014
I never had any issues and loved the work they gave me. The job at times was a bit more in depth then the position description but this was due to it being a contract, that was my only complaint.
Good company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent medical benefits
I enjoyed working for STG. The benefits were excellent but the pay was slightly lower than average.
Sequestered
Mission Coordinator (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 2, 2013
No problems or issues with the company. The contract I worked on was reduced by one-third.
Very professional company
Program Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 25, 2013
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: long commute
Job involved managing Task Orders and contracts, doing business development and proposal work.
Family Oriented Business Culture
Facility Security Officer /CSSO (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 22, 2013
STG is a good company to work for. I enjoyed coming to work each day and interacting with the employees and the customers. My job was very important to me.
Great company
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee), Reston, VAOctober 16, 2013
Very pleased to be part of a great company and a wonderful team.
Productive work environment
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee), Asheville, NCOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed my short time with STG. Hard work was recognized and rewarded.
Contractor with many opportunities for advancement
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Suitland, MDOctober 8, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunities, good benefits
Cons: slow response from hr/hq sometimes
I enjoy working for STG Inc because there are many opportunities for advancement. They are involved with many government contracts within many areas of IT work that I am interested in. My co-workers at NOAA are easy to get along with, and work great as a team even though some of them do not work for STG. The most enjoyable part of my job at NOAA is – more... that I get to work in a business casual environment (jeans allowed daily), listen to music while I work, and am assigned projects that help me to further develop my skills. – less
Easy going co-workers that make the best out of situations
N/A (Current Employee), AberdeenAugust 14, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The job is fine but can be alot to take in at once. N/A
The job is fine but can be alot to take in at once. N/AThe job is fine – more... but can be alot to take in at once. N/AThe job is fine but can be alot to take in at once. N/AThe job is fine but can be alot to take in at once. N/AThe job is fine but can be alot to take in at once. N/A – less
Great group of relaxed individuals
.NET Developer (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 6, 2013
Flexible working environment for a government contract.
Two .NET developers and one technical lead working as a cohesive team migrating from Java to .NET, MVC 2, ORACLE, ADO.NET.
We also standardized class Libraries for the group and each individual application.
A good experience
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee), Reston, VAAugust 5, 2013
I learned a lot about news production in the Middle East. I was a senior translator for this daily English newspaper, which is read throughout the region.
summer intership
Summer Intern/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 31, 2013
*office settings enjoyed it
*didnt have benefits
*loved this company

1 2 3

About STG, Inc.

Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe In a world where change happens in the blink of an eye, it is more important – Read more