STG, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company
Technical Lead\Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelphi, MDApril 26, 2016
I spent the first two years of my career with this company. I learned a lot. They were always supportive of my education goals.
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMarch 11, 2016
No review needed this is the same company and place of work. this is a great place to work the daily challenges keep things fresh and the people are great to work with.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2015
none available - great atmosphere, I really do not have a lot to say it is a good place to work, I enjoyed my Vice President and Manager the most.
Great Place to Work
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 2, 2015
I have been at STG for 10 years and it has been a pleasure. I typically work alone and conduct all things security but when I need managements assistance they are always there to help.
STG Contractor
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Belvoir, VASeptember 16, 2015
I am a contractor so there is no real job security. The team that I work for is nice but not very close knit. The team at our HQ that I have worked with is a lot more happy and outgoing and regularly do things for lunch or team building events.
Pros
Decent compensations, large network of employees.
STG Inc
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 5, 2015
STG Inc is a great company to work for. They notice our accomplishments and encourage further training and education. Benefits are great. Supportive management.

The only con I have is that being a smaller company, growth opportunity hasn't been possible.
Pros
benefits, further training and education encouraged
Cons
growth opportunity
good company
Senior PC Analyst (Former Employee) –  NW Washington DCJune 17, 2015
worked in a secure environment, checked emails and Remedy/Tickets monitored network traffic. Worked with professional good people.
Productive Workplace with helpful people
ANALYST PROGRAMMER 1 (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 14, 2015
My workday began with saying "hello" to my work-group, all of which were very professional in every way. Also, no real supervisor on site to direct everyone focus toward a common goal.
Pros
No fighting, and no real disageements.
Cons
No real directions.
Great Benefits
Web Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 3, 2015
STG had great benefits. Though being a medium sized company paying attention to politics was important. I enjoyed my time at STG.
Unsure of the direction the comany was going.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Mclean, VAFebruary 7, 2015
STG, Inc. was a great place to work until the recent years. It was a government service company that was constantly changing. Low employee morale.
Cons
needed better upper management
Don't work there
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Leadership is out of touch and losing business faster than ever. Employees are treated poorly and tossed out capriciously. In many areas, everyone over the age of 50 and all of the African Americans have been forced out or laid off. In an attempt to keep existing business, salaries are being cut while overhead costs are skyrocketing.
Cons
poor work life balance, poor treatment of employees
productive work place.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nas-Jacksonville Hospital Outpatient LaboratoryJanuary 26, 2015
- A typical work day is working 8 hours a with zero over time.
- I've learn leadership and how leadership plays a very important part in being a team player.
- respecting your co-workers and valuing their opinion,
-the hardest part of the job was leaving
-the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different members of the military staff their families and cultures
Excellent company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Great management and coworkers. Flexible schedule. Good benefits
Great Place to Work in Government Contracting
Sr. Program Mgr. - DoS Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2015
I manage day to day activities of each program assigned to me within my portfolio as determined by the Sector VP for Civil Agencies. Time sheets, invoicing, expense approvals, business development, white papers, presentations, proposal writing are completed as required.

As a Sr. Program Manager in this function, I have learnt contract management, proposal writing, tiered processes for qualifying future work, pipeline management ,and the application of IT Service Management concepts (ITIL framework). I continue to provide and bring new work to the company and pride myself in providing excellent service delivery to federal and private sector clients.

My current employer has assembled a wonderful team, that are warm, welcoming, humble, honest, trustworthy, and dedicated to be brief. They are a wonderful group of individuals to work with and for.

The most difficult part of this function are contractual terminations. Its always difficult informing letting good people go due to a project being completed.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the networking and customer / client / professional relationships developed. However, the best part of the job is playing a role in the economic growth of small to medium sized business within the DC metro area.
Challenging Work
AV / VTC Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Managed team of engineers:
Critiqued engineering work, managed schedules, managed sub-contractors, attended coordination meetings.
Pros
worked with very talented team.
Cons
office was closed when contract completed.
Stress free work place
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZDecember 8, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working at Best Western. It was a relaxed, professional environment. I got to work with some wonderful people who taught me so much.
Pros
amazing employees and management
Cons
pay wages were limited
I worked for approximately 15 years with incredibly talented coworkers
Project Controller/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2014
I worked closely with Program Managers and Executives to manage projects for the Defense Sector.
excellent pay
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 30, 2014
great pay and off on weekends. always doing something different every day
Not a great Place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 30, 2014
I have been with this company long enough to see the good, the bad, and now the ugly. What started out as a great pride to work for a company that actually cares about its employees where you feel the family atmosphere when you walk in the door has turned into a place of high turnover of employees, break down in the moral fiber of the company, and a chaotic work environment to say the least.
Pros
cultural diversity
Cons
leadership has no vision
Stg
ITIL Problem Manager (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Good place to work. Predictable but challenging environment.

2.9