STG, Inc.

STG, Inc. Employee Reviews

Unsure of the direction the comany was going.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Mclean, VAFebruary 7, 2015
Cons: needed better upper management
STG, Inc. was a great place to work until the recent years. It was a government service company that was constantly changing. Low employee morale.
productive work place.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician / Contractor (Former Employee), Nas-Jacksonville Hospital Outpatient LaboratoryJanuary 26, 2015
- A typical work day is working 8 hours a with zero over time.
- I've learn leadership and how leadership plays a very important part in being a team player.
- respecting your co-workers and valuing their opinion,
-the hardest part of the job was leaving
-the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different members of the military staff their families and cultures
Excellent company
Analyst (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Great management and coworkers. Flexible schedule. Good benefits
Great Place to Work in Government Contracting
Sr. Program Mgr. - DoS Professional Services (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2015
I manage day to day activities of each program assigned to me within my portfolio as determined by the Sector VP for Civil Agencies. Time sheets, invoicing, expense approvals, business development, white papers, presentations, proposal writing are completed as required.

As a Sr. Program Manager in this function, I have learnt contract management, proposal writing, tiered processes for qualifying future work, pipeline management ,and the application of IT Service Management concepts (ITIL framework). I continue to provide and bring new work to the company and pride myself in providing excellent service delivery to federal and private sector clients.

My current employer has assembled a wonderful team, that are warm, welcoming, humble, honest, trustworthy, and dedicated to be brief. They are a wonderful group of individuals to work with and for.

The most difficult part of this function are contractual terminations. Its always difficult informing letting good people go due to a project being completed.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the networking and customer / client / professional relationships developed. However, the best part of the job is playing a role in the economic growth of small to medium sized business within the DC metro area.
Challenging Work
AV / VTC Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: worked with very talented team.
Cons: office was closed when contract completed.
Managed team of engineers:
Critiqued engineering work, managed schedules, managed sub-contractors, attended coordination meetings.
Stress free work place
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: amazing employees and management
Cons: pay wages were limited
I greatly enjoyed working at Best Western. It was a relaxed, professional environment. I got to work with some wonderful people who taught me so much.
I worked for approximately 15 years with incredibly talented coworkers
Project Controller/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Reston, VADecember 5, 2014
I worked closely with Program Managers and Executives to manage projects for the Defense Sector.
excellent pay
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIOctober 30, 2014
great pay and off on weekends. always doing something different every day
Not a great Place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee), Reston, VAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: cultural diversity
Cons: leadership has no vision
I have been with this company long enough to see the good, the bad, and now the ugly. What started out as a great pride to work for a company that actually cares about its employees where you feel the family atmosphere when you walk in the door has turned into a place of high turnover of employees, break down in the moral fiber of the company, and a chaotic work environment to say the least.
STG
ITIL Problem Manager (Former Employee), Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Good place to work. Predictable but challenging environment.
Slimey Little Snakes!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2014
Cons: poor management, poor morale, no work life balance, very high turnover!
Oh yes, they will smile in your face and stab you in the back! As a working mother there was no flexibility whatsoever! There was absolutely no work life balance. I honestly felt discriminated against because I am a mother and I need a little flex time due to my family dynamics. I tried to explain to them and they would have nothing to say accept these are firm times and you must abide by them. Guess they do not respect that family comes first. Secondly, Management simply put are "CHICKENS" instead of talking out issues, they have others do the dirty work for them or it may just be a phone call when you get home to tell you not to come in the next day....NOT by management mind you, but by someone else. Now, isn't that professional? No way! That is down right disrespectful! You cannot tell an employee to their face? If you cannot deal with confrontation, or should I say different personalities, then you do not need to be in management! Due to their rudeness and disrespect, they are unable to keep quality people and the turnover is crazy high!!!! My advice, STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!
N/A
Systems Admin/SQL Admin (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJuly 23, 2014
Contracting that took over the Booz Allen contract for FORSCOM US ARMY division.
Not the Company for me!
Anonymous (Current Employee), Reston - VAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: can't think of any right now
Cons: everything
This company violates all kinds of federal labor laws. They will work you 60 hours in one week and 20 the next and tell you they will not pay overtime because it "is the average of the two weeks". They do not care about you as an individual, only what they can get out of you in cheap labor. For the most part the co-workers are very nice but you have a few lazy slackers that do not take their job seriously. The hardest part of the job is making it through 8 hours without going insane from boredom. management and positive leadership is non-existent and they need to take some Human Resource classes. I tried to give Overall Rating and Job Culture 1 star but the minimum it would accept was 2 starts - not! There is no opportunity for growth or advancement as a contractor with this company. Can not wait to find another job.
Lack of leadership direction
Anonymous (Former Employee), N/AMay 29, 2014
The company has entirely too many VPs, Senior VPs, and C-level executives who think they know better than the folks in the trenches. If they took the time to listen to their people, they might learn something and prevent themselves from becoming marginalized in an increasingly-competitive contract market.
IA
Data Security Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZMay 15, 2014
Good place to work, people are nice and helpful. The days go by fast because there is always alot to do. The hardest part about the job is that things are constantly changing, but that is the most enjoyable part of the job too, it's constant learning.
STG Management a revolving door
employee (Former Employee), RestonApril 3, 2014
over 10 senior level managers in 4 years? Always someone on the way out because of that. No consistent leadership/management style.
A good company but not a great place to grow and expand skills.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 13, 2014
STG was a great company to work for when you are on a billable contract. However, unlike larger defense contractors, they do not have a bench or a large pool of openings to jump to if the contract you are working on loses funding or goes away.
family oriented company with many celebrations throughout the year
Internship (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch breaks, good environment, motivating coworkers
Cons: no vacation, no pto, no holiday pay
scan files and put them into the file room, upload files to the network and create contract folders to be put in the file room. I have learned a considerable amount about the way business works, how to write a business plan, and key elements of a business plan. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be communicating with management closely along with being responsible for the work i get done everyday, essentially being my own boss.
Great entry level IT company
Help Desk (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 15, 2014
I never had any issues and loved the work they gave me. The job at times was a bit more in depth then the position description but this was due to it being a contract, that was my only complaint.
Good company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent medical benefits
I enjoyed working for STG. The benefits were excellent but the pay was slightly lower than average.

1 2 3 4

About STG, Inc.

Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe In a world where change happens in the blink of an eye, it is more important – Read more

STG, Inc. Salaries