STG, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 18, 2014
I enjoyed working for STG. The benefits were excellent but the pay was slightly lower than average.
Pros
excellent medical benefits
summer intership
Summer Intern/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 31, 2013
*office settings enjoyed it
*didnt have benefits
*loved this company
Slimey Little Snakes!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2014
Oh yes, they will smile in your face and stab you in the back! As a working mother there was no flexibility whatsoever! There was absolutely no work life balance. I honestly felt discriminated against because I am a mother and I need a little flex time due to my family dynamics. I tried to explain to them and they would have nothing to say accept these are firm times and you must abide by them. Guess they do not respect that family comes first. Secondly, Management simply put are "CHICKENS" instead of talking out issues, they have others do the dirty work for them or it may just be a phone call when you get home to tell you not to come in the next day....NOT by management mind you, but by someone else. Now, isn't that professional? No way! That is down right disrespectful! You cannot tell an employee to their face? If you cannot deal with confrontation, or should I say different personalities, then you do not need to be in management! Due to their rudeness and disrespect, they are unable to keep quality people and the turnover is crazy high!!!! My advice, STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!
Cons
poor management, poor morale, no work life balance, very high turnover!
Don't work there
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Leadership is out of touch and losing business faster than ever. Employees are treated poorly and tossed out capriciously. In many areas, everyone over the age of 50 and all of the African Americans have been forced out or laid off. In an attempt to keep existing business, salaries are being cut while overhead costs are skyrocketing.
Cons
poor work life balance, poor treatment of employees
Productive work place with very low leadership from Management
Engineering Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 30, 2012
A typical day at work: Buliding systems

What you learned: How to build networking systems

Management: Unknowledgeable in leadership, work place diversity and work place culture.

Your co-workers: Hard working, very nice and fun to work with:-)!

The hardest part of the job: Trying to find work to do when we are not building systems.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Finishing the building of a new system, and knowing that the system will be used by the U.S Army to protect our country:-)!!
Pros
awesome work for an awesome cause!
Cons
poor management
Productive Workplace with helpful people
ANALYST PROGRAMMER 1 (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 14, 2015
My workday began with saying "hello" to my work-group, all of which were very professional in every way. Also, no real supervisor on site to direct everyone focus toward a common goal.
Pros
No fighting, and no real disageements.
Cons
No real directions.
family oriented company with many celebrations throughout the year
Internship (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 4, 2014
scan files and put them into the file room, upload files to the network and create contract folders to be put in the file room. I have learned a considerable amount about the way business works, how to write a business plan, and key elements of a business plan. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be communicating with management closely along with being responsible for the work i get done everyday, essentially being my own boss.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks, good environment, motivating coworkers
Cons
no vacation, no pto, no holiday pay
RUN AWAY from STG, INC
Buseinss Development Professional (Former Employee) –  Restion, VAJuly 31, 2012
The HQ office in Reston, VA is absolutely the worst place to work! STG has a reputation up and down the beltway for unstable and unethical ownership and management. They have EXTREMELY high turnover because Senior Management is so rude and disrespectful to its employees. I've personnally witnessed the VP of Business Development berate and belitte women in his department for no reason at all - simply because they were not men. If you value your integrity and sanity --- stay far away from this place as possible!!!
Pros
location
Cons
difficult management, low employee morale, bad atmosphere
productive work place.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Nas-Jacksonville Hospital Outpatient LaboratoryJanuary 26, 2015
- A typical work day is working 8 hours a with zero over time.
- I've learn leadership and how leadership plays a very important part in being a team player.
- respecting your co-workers and valuing their opinion,
-the hardest part of the job was leaving
-the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different members of the military staff their families and cultures
good company
Senior PC Analyst (Former Employee) –  NW Washington DCJune 17, 2015
worked in a secure environment, checked emails and Remedy/Tickets monitored network traffic. Worked with professional good people.
Great Place to Work in Government Contracting
Sr. Program Mgr. - DoS Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2015
I manage day to day activities of each program assigned to me within my portfolio as determined by the Sector VP for Civil Agencies. Time sheets, invoicing, expense approvals, business development, white papers, presentations, proposal writing are completed as required.

As a Sr. Program Manager in this function, I have learnt contract management, proposal writing, tiered processes for qualifying future work, pipeline management ,and the application of IT Service Management concepts (ITIL framework). I continue to provide and bring new work to the company and pride myself in providing excellent service delivery to federal and private sector clients.

My current employer has assembled a wonderful team, that are warm, welcoming, humble, honest, trustworthy, and dedicated to be brief. They are a wonderful group of individuals to work with and for.

The most difficult part of this function are contractual terminations. Its always difficult informing letting good people go due to a project being completed.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the networking and customer / client / professional relationships developed. However, the best part of the job is playing a role in the economic growth of small to medium sized business within the DC metro area.
Productive Government Office Environment
Helpdesk Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OH (Wright-Patterson Air Force Base)November 27, 2012
Busy department with multiple duties.
Mastered keeping customers happy, and realized just how much our military does for this country
Management was "hands-on" and available.
Co-workers worked as a team, and were a pleasure to work with.
Hardest part of the job was when the Base announced some type of threat.
Working with other departments, and having the freedom to "go the extra mile" for customers.
Pros
reasonable lunch time/ breaks
Cons
contract employees had separate rules from government employees
Unsure of the direction the comany was going.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Mclean, VAFebruary 7, 2015
STG, Inc. was a great place to work until the recent years. It was a government service company that was constantly changing. Low employee morale.
Cons
needed better upper management
Stress free work place
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZDecember 8, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working at Best Western. It was a relaxed, professional environment. I got to work with some wonderful people who taught me so much.
Pros
amazing employees and management
Cons
pay wages were limited
Not a great Place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 30, 2014
I have been with this company long enough to see the good, the bad, and now the ugly. What started out as a great pride to work for a company that actually cares about its employees where you feel the family atmosphere when you walk in the door has turned into a place of high turnover of employees, break down in the moral fiber of the company, and a chaotic work environment to say the least.
Pros
cultural diversity
Cons
leadership has no vision
I worked for approximately 15 years with incredibly talented coworkers
Project Controller/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2014
I worked closely with Program Managers and Executives to manage projects for the Defense Sector.
Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 3, 2012
STG is a leading mid-tier government contractor partnering with more than 50 federal agencies, as well as Fortune 100 companies and overseas organizations. STG provides performance-oriented solutions in the following six key areas: enterprise network operations, cyber security, financial services, systems engineering and integration, software engineering, and linguistics and intelligence solutions. We serve our customers at more than 250 locations at home and abroad.
Do not work for this company.
Capture Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 24, 2012
There is no life work balance. The leadership mantra is family but be sure there is no sense of family. There is no meaningful communication with staff. The Executive staff has all the answers. Staff is expected to work all hours, all day, under visionless leaders.
Pros
none.
Cons
staff is ignored. no loyalties. no resources.
Great place to work, very flexible in regards to work/life balance.
Electrical Technician/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJuly 21, 2013
A typical workday would include the building/assembling of electrical cables and components for mission critical systems. Testing such cables and assembles for accuracy. Monitoring inventory of all cables and assemblies, trouble shooting electrical problems in systems, help in the design of prototype efforts and schematics.

While at STG I have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge in the electrical field to include; wiring of different cables, soldering, crimping, leading teams, building and installing fiber optic cables, implementation of engineering process changes and the documentation of build procedures and practices.

Both the management team and my fellow coworkers at STG have been great to work for and with. STG is really family oriented and values it's employee's.

Although there are several aspects of my daily job that are more demanding than others, I find that none of these are considered hard when you have an outstanding supporting cast and great team players all working together for the best possible results.

The most enjoyable part of my job; without a doubt is knowing that what I do is helping service men and women while in theatre.
Pros
free meals and flexible work schedule
Cons
the amount of vacation time received
Great management team, excellent office atmosphere
AutoCAD Specialist/ Logistics Coord./ Doc. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 6, 2012
Hours 8:00 - 5:00; ablility to learn new skills in inventory control and program usage; great management and co-workers; fast paced at close of contract; pride in completion of a very difficult contract
Pros
great team players
Cons
contract position

2.9