STG, Inc.

STG, Inc. Employer Reviews

A good experience
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee), Reston, VAAugust 5, 2013
I learned a lot about news production in the Middle East. I was a senior translator for this daily English newspaper, which is read throughout the region.
summer intership
Summer Intern/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 31, 2013
*office settings enjoyed it
*didnt have benefits
*loved this company
Intermediate, Installation Production Technician (Current Employee), Warrenton, VAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, and paid time off.
Cons: contract work. all contracts end sometime.
Good pay, management, co-workers, and rewarding work. Set hours normally. Very little travel. Most stress free work environment I ever had. Very productive, and produces highest quality product for the customer.
Great place to work, very flexible in regards to work/life balance.
Electrical Technician/Team Lead (Current Employee), Warrenton, VAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: free meals and flexible work schedule
Cons: the amount of vacation time received
A typical workday would include the building/assembling of electrical cables and components for mission critical systems. Testing such cables and assembles for accuracy. Monitoring inventory of all cables and assemblies, trouble shooting electrical problems in systems, help in the design of prototype efforts and schematics.

While at STG I have learned – more... a tremendous amount of knowledge in the electrical field to include; wiring of different cables, soldering, crimping, leading teams, building and installing fiber optic cables, implementation of engineering process changes and the documentation of build procedures and practices.

Both the management team and my fellow coworkers at STG have been great to work for and with. STG is really family oriented and values it's employee's.

Although there are several aspects of my daily job that are more demanding than others, I find that none of these are considered hard when you have an outstanding supporting cast and great team players all working together for the best possible results.

The most enjoyable part of my job; without a doubt is knowing that what I do is helping service men and women while in theatre. – less
Construction
Quartermaster (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 10, 2013
Pros: knowledge rich
Cons: advancement is limited
I have learned a lot since working here. But my heart is elsewhere...I am moving to Seattle and I need to get back behind my bar!
To political
Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZApril 20, 2013
Politics dictated every action, which slows productivity.
Great Position, Great Co-Workers!
Quality Control Editor and Team Lead (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 12, 2013
STG is a great company to work for. The management is wonderful, there are many opportunities for advancement, and compensation packages are pretty competitive.
great company to work for
Systems Engineer Lead (Former Employee), Warrenton, VAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: the rewards and the benefits
Cons: the promotion system
Typical day at work was always full of energy through out the day.

What I learned at this company was the civilians point of view in regards to military jargon. As well as learning how the promotion system works compared to the military.

The management was always interactive with the employees.

The hardest part of the job was the promotion system.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was the comaraderie and the cohesion between the employees and management. Always being rewarded for the accomplishments of the building of the military vehicles. – less
Great Place to Work
Arabic Opensource Researcher/Team Lead (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 1, 2013
STG is a wonderful work place. They are very supportive of their employees and foster a great environment for growth. They also provide a great compensation package as well.
Good Benefits
Department of State (Contractor) (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: advancement opportunities
Loved the enviornment and collegues. A good place to work. Diverse company and team members.
It is a nice place to work at
Arabic/French Linguist (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 11, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is working within a diverse environement.
Professional workplace with great team environment
Senior Turkish Linguist/ Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 30, 2012
Fun company with opportunities to grow with a great team. The management is very professional.
Productive Government Office Environment
Helpdesk Specialist II (Former Employee), Fairborn, OH (Wright-Patterson Air Force Base)November 27, 2012
Pros: reasonable lunch time/ breaks
Cons: contract employees had separate rules from government employees
Busy department with multiple duties.
Mastered keeping customers happy, and realized just how much our military does for this country
Management was "hands-on" and available.
Co-workers worked as a team, and were a pleasure to work with.
Hardest part of the job was when the Base announced some type of threat.
Working with other departments, and having – more... the freedom to "go the extra mile" for customers. – less
Great Work Environment for Interns
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 23, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: managers are stuck in the 1950s
I you are a college inten and want job experience, STG Inc. is a good option.
Do not work for this company.
Capture Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAOctober 24, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: staff is ignored. no loyalties. no resources.
There is no life work balance. The leadership mantra is family but be sure there is no sense of family. There is no meaningful communication with staff. The Executive staff has all the answers. Staff is expected to work all hours, all day, under visionless leaders.
Good working Experience, working with good people
AV/VTC Technician (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: positve team work, knowlegeable co- workers, good benifits
Cons: contracted ended and no job security was offered.
The experience was very positive.

It was hands on experience doing what I learned in college and on other jobs and I was able to see how the different task came together and make it all work.

Receptive to the employees and listened when suggestions were given.

Learned from each other and worked as a team.

The most enjoyable thing I learned was that – more... creative positive outlook could be an asset.

Also, I learned that great things come from continuously challenging your self. – less
Heavy Lifting!!
Administrative Assistant - Intern (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 24, 2012
When I worked at STG, INC. I was an administrative assistant for the security department and my job was to basically do all of the filing and "heavy lifting". Other than that I had a very wonderful experience working there.
STG
Systems Administrator-Intermediate (Former Employee), AzSeptember 22, 2012
Management was horrible and combative. Supervisors created a hostile work environment. Turnover was 2 months on the average for an employee
Best place I worked
Proposal Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 16, 2012
Pros: worklife balance
Cons: compensation was alittle lower than industry avg
Family run company that was growing. Management was very supportive and worked very hard. I learned more about OCONUS propoosal work than any other company. We worked hard as a Proposal Manager I had the most work/life balance at STG than anywhere I've worked in the metropolitan area.
Excellent place to work
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Warrenton, VASeptember 11, 2012
Pros: unlimited food budget
Fabrication of data and power cables. I learned how to terminate and fabricate CAT5/6 and fiber optic cables, as well as the integration of the cables into a functioning system

About STG, Inc.

Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe In a world where change happens in the blink of an eye, it is more important – Read more