STG, Inc. Employee Reviews

Challenging Work
AV / VTC Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Managed team of engineers:
Critiqued engineering work, managed schedules, managed sub-contractors, attended coordination meetings.
Pros
Worked with very talented team.
Cons
Office was closed when contract completed.
Stress free work place
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZDecember 8, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working at Best Western. It was a relaxed, professional environment. I got to work with some wonderful people who taught me so much.
Pros
Amazing employees and management
Cons
Pay wages were limited
I worked for approximately 15 years with incredibly talented coworkers
Project Controller/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2014
I worked closely with Program Managers and Executives to manage projects for the Defense Sector.
excellent pay
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 30, 2014
great pay and off on weekends. always doing something different every day
Not a great Place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 30, 2014
I have been with this company long enough to see the good, the bad, and now the ugly. What started out as a great pride to work for a company that actually cares about its employees where you feel the family atmosphere when you walk in the door has turned into a place of high turnover of employees, break down in the moral fiber of the company, and a chaotic work environment to say the least.
Pros
Cultural Diversity
Cons
Leadership has no vision
Stg
ITIL Problem Manager (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Good place to work. Predictable but challenging environment.
Slimey Little Snakes!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 20, 2014
Oh yes, they will smile in your face and stab you in the back! As a working mother there was no flexibility whatsoever! There was absolutely no work life balance. I honestly felt discriminated against because I am a mother and I need a little flex time due to my family dynamics. I tried to explain to them and they would have nothing to say accept these are firm times and you must abide by them. Guess they do not respect that family comes first. Secondly, Management simply put are "CHICKENS" instead of talking out issues, they have others do the dirty work for them or it may just be a phone call when you get home to tell you not to come in the next day....NOT by management mind you, but by someone else. Now, isn't that professional? No way! That is down right disrespectful! You cannot tell an employee to their face? If you cannot deal with confrontation, or should I say different personalities, then you do not need to be in management! Due to their rudeness and disrespect, they are unable to keep quality people and the turnover is crazy high!!!! My advice, STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor morale, no work life balance, very high turnover!
N/a
Systems Admin/SQL Admin (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 23, 2014
Contracting that took over the Booz Allen contract for FORSCOM US ARMY division.
Not the Company for me!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston - VAJuly 11, 2014
This company violates all kinds of federal labor laws. They will work you 60 hours in one week and 20 the next and tell you they will not pay overtime because it "is the average of the two weeks". They do not care about you as an individual, only what they can get out of you in cheap labor. For the most part the co-workers are very nice but you have a few lazy slackers that do not take their job seriously. The hardest part of the job is making it through 8 hours without going insane from boredom. management and positive leadership is non-existent and they need to take some Human Resource classes. I tried to give Overall Rating and Job Culture 1 star but the minimum it would accept was 2 starts - not! There is no opportunity for growth or advancement as a contractor with this company. Can not wait to find another job.
Pros
Can't think of any right now
Ia
Data Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMay 15, 2014
Good place to work, people are nice and helpful. The days go by fast because there is always alot to do. The hardest part about the job is that things are constantly changing, but that is the most enjoyable part of the job too, it's constant learning.
STG Management a revolving door
employee (Former Employee) –  RestonApril 3, 2014
over 10 senior level managers in 4 years? Always someone on the way out because of that. No consistent leadership/management style.
A good company but not a great place to grow and expand skills.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 13, 2014
STG was a great company to work for when you are on a billable contract. However, unlike larger defense contractors, they do not have a bench or a large pool of openings to jump to if the contract you are working on loses funding or goes away.
family oriented company with many celebrations throughout the year
Internship (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 4, 2014
scan files and put them into the file room, upload files to the network and create contract folders to be put in the file room. I have learned a considerable amount about the way business works, how to write a business plan, and key elements of a business plan. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be communicating with management closely along with being responsible for the work i get done everyday, essentially being my own boss.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks, good environment, motivating coworkers
Cons
no vacation, no PTO, no holiday pay
Great entry level IT company
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 15, 2014
I never had any issues and loved the work they gave me. The job at times was a bit more in depth then the position description but this was due to it being a contract, that was my only complaint.
Good company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 18, 2014
I enjoyed working for STG. The benefits were excellent but the pay was slightly lower than average.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits
Sequestered
Mission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 2, 2013
No problems or issues with the company. The contract I worked on was reduced by one-third.
Very professional company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 25, 2013
Job involved managing Task Orders and contracts, doing business development and proposal work.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Long Commute
Family Oriented Business Culture
Facility Security Officer /CSSO (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 22, 2013
STG is a good company to work for. I enjoyed coming to work each day and interacting with the employees and the customers. My job was very important to me.
Great company
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 16, 2013
Very pleased to be part of a great company and a wonderful team.
Productive work environment
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed my short time with STG. Hard work was recognized and rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STG, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9