STI Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Very straight forward and clear about the expectations from the start. safe work environment. Management was understanding of home life and would work with you in times of need. I enjoyed my time at this company and would work for them again if the opportunity come about. I did not however enjoy the location of the facility at all.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
location
Great Turnaround
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
review all timesheets. balance all hours to sign-in sheet. input time into excel spread sheet. balance daily and weekly. submit payroll. Management was very helpful, co-works were easy to work with.
Much work to do good to avoid to get bored
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIOctober 23, 2015
I like this job it is a company that is growing up.
I have seen that communication is a key factor to success in this type of job.
Pros
I can take breaks, is much time in front of the computer
Cons
no 401k, no incresae in salary
sti
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Edna, TXSeptember 8, 2015
fun lots of travelling never knowing where you would be going the next day same job labor daily but new places to work was a plus meet lots of great hard working guys in the oil field
A lot of travel miles with good benefits
Thermal Technician (Current Employee) –  Endwell, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Commercial Insulation (various types/forms) across multiple job sites that includes excessive travel at times, average 1 to 5 hrs round trip (may include overnight stay but usually requires daily travel). Job sites will vary from a location with no/minimal access issues to sites which require background and security clearances (Factory, Hospital , School/University, Pharmaceutical, etc). STI is an Employee owned Company where the Board of Directors holds the voting rights of the Employee and make all necessary business decisions on their behalf. Compensation can be received in a variety of forms and may or may not be all inclusive depending on the employees record (ESOP Stock, Dividends, 401K with Co. Match, Bonuses based on jobs completed under contract parameters x 2, Safety Bonus 1st and 2nd+ year). Being a Non-Union Company the gap in prevailing wage to base pay on private jobs results in difficult family budgeting.
Pros
different job sites with a variety of people
Cons
excessive travel and unbalanced pay
Team Driver/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 13, 2015
I was a co driver with no experience and was hired and placed with an owner operator. I learned alot about the trucking industry.
Good Company
Lead Kitter (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 18, 2015
STI is a good company to work for. They have grown rapidly in the last few years, but continue to stick to their values of a smaller family like business.
Pros
close to where i lived
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Pipefitter Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Cleaning, prepping, cutting, laying out, blueprints, all take offs.
Helped pipe fitters, welders, and anyone in management.
I'd make cuts and fits for pipes.
Pipeline Company.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 19, 2013
Great People
Great Management
Great Job
Great Company
Everyday was the same
no benefits
Pros
perdium($85 a day)
Great
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Buna, TXApril 25, 2015
Read blue prints and determine the location for the installation of concrete piers on which pipeline equipment would rest. Operated heavy equipment for the installation process.
Having fun while working
Temp Agent (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 19, 2013
A day at work was taking calls relating to different phone cards;whether it be adding money. crediting or even guided clients in usage of debit calling cards. There was a point in time I was doing an overnight shift activating cellphones. The atmosphere was really easy going where I can relate to anyone around me. This job was never difficult, considering that my job values were similar to this job. Management to an enjoyable environment to work in.
Pros
management
Good Company, New division (pipe line)
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PaSeptember 9, 2014
Good company,
Like any new adventure, had growing pains.
With start up of pipeline division, but Plant work,
and shop fabercation,( strong) management cares
for there employs.
Company has a long future in the piping industier.
productive and fun work place
Creel hand (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 3, 2015
i loved working at sti, i wish i could go back. i was always moving around never in one spot for more than 5 min. I was working 3rd shift there and i loved it.
A Typical Day as a Diesel Tech
Diesel tech (Former Employee) –  RedBay AlJuly 19, 2012
Most days we start by reveiwing driver s write up reports and prioratizing the trucks depending on the load ,which one needs to be fixed first, thers only three mechanics plus the forman, so we are short handed and it makes my job harder when one of the other guys has trouble and they need help , i dont mind helping others but when i dont have my work done i get yelled at for being to slow when in truth im faster than the other two.Me and the forman are the only two that have had any training on engines and transmissions so that makes for difficult times, since iv been at sammys iv learned alot about eaton automatic and power shift transmissions. I do probably do two clutch jobs month the most enjoyable time of my job is when i get to hear an engine run that iv built or drive a truck that iv worked on.
STI as a Division of CRST is one of 4-6 major players in the Specialized High Value Products Transportation business. CRST is investing in the company
Regional Sales Manager, Eastern US (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 17, 2013
Working for STI is a longer sales cycle by the nature of their service offerings. We have superior services, technology and coverage in the marketplace. The customers opportunities are many, but can be very niche relative to their primary business. It is important to get an audience with the key decision maker, given the opportunity to do so they quickly see the value and become very interested in the solutions we have to offer. Often time implementing a solution can be a lengthy process for the customer. It may involve changing freight terms. gathering months of data or changing packaging. When I am able to see it through to implementation it is very rewarding. Overall a fine company well positioned in their market.
A out going person who loves to learn new things all the time
Tasland Operator (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain. NCJuly 8, 2013
I stay busy at my job and the people I work with and work for are great. Just looking for a job that pays more than I make due to I'm at top pay and cant make anymore.
Pros
medical benifits are great
Cons
pay rate
Medical Device company
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 8, 2014
• Responsible for all incoming receiving from small tiny plastic parts to PCB boards.
• Responsible for all Final Product built to customer satisfaction Medical Devices.
• Prepared and sign off on Device Lot files.
• Perform system Internal Audits, and work with team members for solutions to audit finding.
• Responsible for all Repair devices to meet quality requirements.
• Managed the Nonconformance and Calibrations systems.
• Training Coordinator to assure all employees received training for their jobs and yearly safety training.
good pay
Fire gaurd (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 22, 2013
Working construction can be exhausting. The pay is more than I have ever been able to achieve. I learned proper precautions working in the plants considering a possible fire or harmful situation. You do meet many of people . I enjoyed my job and learned alot.
Pros
high pay rate, experience in being a fireattendant very important.
Cons
hot, cold, long hrs
Enjoy working with a company that help me buy my first vehicle.
SURFACE MOUNT ASSISTANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 19, 2013
It was a good learning experience where I learned different things.
Pros
good health insurance, vacation leave, and personal days
Cons
i move to massachussetts and left florida.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Safety is number one. Always rewarded when job is complete with no safety recordables