STI Employee Reviews

Always kept busy. Work always available if you're willing to do it.
Truckload/general service (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2017
I run a lot of miles with this company and never turned away unless certain conditions wouldn't allow it. Great dispatchers.
Pros
Good people willing to work with you.
Cons
Except for my own physical limitations, none.
Production and orderly fashion job
Ring puller (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Pal lots of carpets that where sent off to get look at yo see if we need order for them if not I take the rings / clips out and keep them placing carpets back on pallet for later to take out for trash
Pros
Friendly worker
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, TXDecember 7, 2016
Great Company, great coworkers, great supervisors, comfortable work environment. Just long periods of little or no work. Would recommend this company.
Interesting job
Weaver (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCNovember 23, 2016
This was very interesting job i was very inexperienced and so this job taught me alot of new things and therefore opened up alot of opportunity for my future
overall great experience.
ARRT, MRTBE, Certified EKG Stress Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2016
overall very good.this job is very good and I don't know how to explain how much I can encourage others to be very successful at what they do keep focusedhaving a positive mental attitude will help in your goals and objectives set aside for yourself others
Welder (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 1, 2016
One of the best companies I have worked for. This is the only company that I have ever worked for that believes in prayer before the start of work.it is a wonderful company to work.
the in and outs of STI
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 20, 2016
great people to work with but Civil division was young and needs a lot of work. A lot of turnover rate on the civil side. The pay rate was good but no raise at 6 months no matter what
They are out of business
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 3, 2016
One of the worst places I ever worked. They are out of business and have been for a number of years. I worked 4 ten hour days with no over time and wouldn't get any vacation until I had been there for 5 years.
Pros
Cons
You name it and they did it to you. No breaks, just lunch.
Agood place to work when they have work
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 31, 2016
STI was a good company to work for. I was with them for 2 years and all the people I had worked with and came in contact with were grate. My project manager and I had a good work relationship that is hard to find on jobs these day.There where no typical day everything always was changing and thats what I like the most about what I do
Pros
Had a lot of good jobs
Cons
no work
great friends
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 26, 2016
I joined this company during hard times falling on the economy and was grateful to be employed, this company was owned by a large corporation that didn't have an interest in expanding our product.
Pros
vacation
Cons
no advancement
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 2, 2016
Great employees and management. I liked my schedule and my workload, Great place to work. You will learn a lot. Miss working there.
Great Place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, TXFebruary 21, 2016
Very straight forward and clear about the expectations from the start. safe work environment. Management was understanding of home life and would work with you in times of need. I enjoyed my time at this company and would work for them again if the opportunity come about. I did not however enjoy the location of the facility at all.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
location
Great Turnaround
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
review all timesheets. balance all hours to sign-in sheet. input time into excel spread sheet. balance daily and weekly. submit payroll. Management was very helpful, co-works were easy to work with.
Much work to do good to avoid to get bored
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIOctober 23, 2015
I like this job it is a company that is growing up.
I have seen that communication is a key factor to success in this type of job.
Pros
I can take breaks, is much time in front of the computer
Cons
no 401k, no incresae in salary
sti
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Edna, TXSeptember 8, 2015
fun lots of travelling never knowing where you would be going the next day same job labor daily but new places to work was a plus meet lots of great hard working guys in the oil field
New Experience
Commercial Director (Current Employee) –  San José, SJAugust 7, 2015
Working at STI was a great experience to learn about new productions requirements. I learned to work with FDA approved facilities and production units, learned about ISO 10993 and special requirements for medical device industries. Plus the whole experience with medical devices I also had the chance to learn about electronics production sites, requirements and demands.

It also made me learn about working with perishable products, temperature and light sensible products, special delivery requirements, and how to meet customers’ standards and demands to our everyday activities.

Plus the already demanding medical device and electronic industry, my team has to continue with all other industries, sugar mills, metal production, mechanics, automotive maintenance, electricity production sites (hydroelectric, wind farms, thermal and solar), refinery and others.
Pros
Everyday there is something new
Cons
A small family own company
Team Driver/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 13, 2015
I was a co driver with no experience and was hired and placed with an owner operator. I learned alot about the trucking industry.
Great
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Buna, TXApril 25, 2015
Read blue prints and determine the location for the installation of concrete piers on which pipeline equipment would rest. Operated heavy equipment for the installation process.
Good Company
Lead Kitter (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 18, 2015
STI is a good company to work for. They have grown rapidly in the last few years, but continue to stick to their values of a smaller family like business.
Pros
close to where i lived
Cons
productive and fun work place
Creel hand (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 3, 2015
i loved working at sti, i wish i could go back. i was always moving around never in one spot for more than 5 min. I was working 3rd shift there and i loved it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STI. Our community is ready to answer.