STICKLEY FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Stickley
Marketing/Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Manlius, NYAugust 11, 2017
Wanted to try something different, they were my client for 15 years and I knew the business. Also I got to move back to Syracuse to be closer to my parents.
Pros
50% off Furniture
Cons
Short lunches
Ok place to have a job
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Manlius, NYJuly 24, 2017
New management style being put in place. Lots of improvement needed. Not what it used to be. Family atmosphere is disappearing. No Job Security. Keep disgruntled employees way too long.
Pros
Good Benefits, 401K, Family Business
Cons
No Job growth
Marketing/Communications Manager
Marketing/Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Manlius, NYJuly 3, 2017
I am used to working in a very fast paced environment with critical deadlines. I work very closely with the Director of Retail, Director of Sales and the owners. I have project managed all my life, I was in sales for 29 years and was top of my game. I am a great communicator, strong work ethics, enjoy being around a great team of people.
Pros
Nice Owners
Cons
No 401K match, health insurance
good people to work with
warehouse receiver/driver (Current Employee) –  Manlius, NYJuly 2, 2016
good company to work for good benefits steady work good people to work for many opportunities to learn new things good working hours
stickley
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYApril 1, 2015
awesome fast pace job that is fairly easy good pay and nice people even the mangers and all are cool they offer cold and hot water machines with cups on the side allow you to get drinks and carry then to work station if injured they try there hardest to find a place for you with in the company the also have a on sight cafatera and all always quick to keep safety equipment up to date and works willing to help you if you need help or struggle in out side they offer picknick tables and they have a nice hill to sit under tree in the summer well eat in they also re in burs you for boots you buy for the job and they have company events
the company has great benefits and has never laid off workers
Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Manlius, NYMay 21, 2014
good company to work for many postives to this job they never have laid off workers have a good heath benefits package and the equimpment is always up to date people whom you work with are always nice and a pleasure to work with
Pros
raffels at work cookout in summer holiday party
Cons
as driver no set hours furniture is very heavy
rates of this company was ok, but job is to heavy for me.
Machine Operator Helper (Former Employee) –  Manlius, NYAugust 9, 2013
Overthere I learned some skills about machine operator, all management were ok with me so like coworkers, the hardest part of the job is all, this job is to heavy.
I enjoyed cutting, working for Stickley. The benefit was good.
Upholstery Cloth Cutter. (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCMay 7, 2013
I enjoyed cutting for Stickley furniture company.There were times when management could be challenging. Great co-workers.The hardest part of the job was the way the work was distributed.The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a finish project.
Pros
Getting your birthday off with pay.
Cons
Need better insurance.
Productive company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYFebruary 6, 2013
I loved working for Stickley Furniture. It was fast paced and my boss was great. My co-workers and I worked as a team to complete daily tasks. The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy furniture into customer's vehicles. The most enjoyable part of my job was I was able to take care of my family. I also would have to say I met great people working for Stickley Furniture.
Pros
overtime
Cons
temp employment
steady work
Delivery Driver/Yard Driver (Current Employee) –  Manlius, NYAugust 7, 2012
good place to work load trucks deliver furniture to homes i learned to work with custemers have good co workers