Stifel Nicolaus Employee Reviews

Fast paced growth
Senior Vice President, Investments (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIOctober 24, 2017
company is concerned about growth at the expense of it current Financial Advisors. Firm is in a rapid expansion mode, and if you dont like the culture leave and they take hundreds of thousand dollars of your defered comp plan filling the pockets of senior management
Pros
stock price
Cons
no job securitiy as an existing advisor numerous comp changes
Positive Experience/Would Recommend to Friend
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2017
Laid back but challenging work environment where interdepartmental associates share cordial relationships and appear generally satisfied with their work. Hands off management style allows for autonomy in own projects and discretion to resolve issues according to employee's own strengths.
Pros
Free lunches for meetings
Great Learning Position
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAOctober 7, 2017
I worked for Stifel as a paid internship for college and it was a great learning experience within the financial world. This job also taught me basic life skills when it came to time management and organizational skills. I also got a lot of experience working with CRM systems.
disappointed in the management .
SR. COMPENSATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2017
The environment is toxic and no direction.. Management is into bullying and using intimidating tactics as a form of getting work completed. Management was not about goal setting. Fly by the seat of your pants kind of culture.
Pros
great location
Cons
Lack of direction ; unquailified manager
Great!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 16, 2017
Reception: Phones, greeting clients, clerical. Great place to learn something everyday; 401k plans, IRAs, etc. My branch manager is the best boss in the world. Culture is fun and casual. Hardest part of the job is an unpredictable market. Loved the team-work environment!
Office is very stressful
Associate Vice President (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
the office in extremely stressful
lack of management
last minute no planning
flexible hours and time
not much room for advancement
understaffed for daily functions
Bad Management
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2017
OK to work there. Good pay but bad mgmt.
I worked there for 17 years and felt that it wqs fair but highly political. Merit was not necessarily considered.
Nice place to work
Financial Advisor/ - Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 7, 2017
The main manager of operations was a jerk who did not honor his word. He made promises he did not keep, unprofessional conduct was often exhibited. He went off on me for something my sales assistant did in frustration.
Sent me on wild goose chases for promised promotions that did not come to be.
Pros
company back office efficient, benefits great
Cons
one of the three top managers
Great Company
Order Room Trade Support (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2017
Great Company, But have to start at the bottom and doesn't seem to have a good job growth/time ratio. However, good work relationships and learning experience with comfortable setting
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Low Pay, can get boring
Learning Experince
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 22, 2017
This was my first real job experince even thoughit was an internship. I learned basic stoke broker perspectives and woking habits. Overall one of my favorite places I was at.

Want to know more about Stifel Nicolaus?

Ask a question
Fast paced, high energy environment
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2017
I had little experience in this industry when I started. I love how I grew into this role and I am eager to keep learning and keep growing in finance.
VP Equity Research
Vice President (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreSeptember 12, 2016
Prepare and publish financial research on publicly traded companies with market caps ranging from $85 million to $43 billion for institutional and retail investors across the industrial sector. Lead the data gathering, analysis, publication and presentations of both industry and company specific reports. Interact with clients and senior level executives and members of Investors Relations on a daily basis to understand the latest trends. Update financial and economic models for the publicly available data and news relevant to the companies under coverage.
employee focused
Financial Advisor, CFP (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNSeptember 8, 2016
Good corporate culture let the advisors work at what they wanted to meet the employee and corporate goals. Employees had goals that they wanted to meet and the company enabled ollowed them the space to meet those goals in the fashion that worked for each employee.

Typical work day was 8:30 to 4
Management was encouraging
They provided the resources you needed to bring value to the clients.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
Pretty good place to work!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2016
Mostly, I liked the people I worked with! However, the finance industry isn't for everyone. I learned a lot about myself. I loved working with my clients and I will miss them the most. But, reporting to a variety of advisors can be the most difficult part because everyone has their own set of expectations. It's hard to conform to all of the advisors, the clients and yourself.
A Really Quiet Place
Market Data Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
I love the company, however, my current manager is unkind and it's difficult to get the normal job function done wondering the next time an explosion will occur. Wish I could stay longer as I like the firm and its values but there is always a chance that one person could stand in your way of true happiness in your career.
Pros
Free soda, covered parking (@$70/month)
Cons
Not great health insurance, expensive and it doesn't cover much
The people make this company great!
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  St LouisAugust 9, 2015
My initial reaction to this broker dealer was distorted. After working here and seeing what the CEO is doing, I'm extremely excited to be apart of something great!
Pros
Micro management free
Cons
Wish pay were more in line with other broker dealers
Great Company - Operations departments vary
Operations New Accounts Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
Log on to the computer, work daily reports, open accounts, review account opening documents, and work on data governance projects. Co workers are decent, direct management has a lot to be desired.
Pros
401K, decent upward mobility
Cons
benefits have lots to be desired
Was able to run my unit on my terms as long as the numbers were always there.
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2015
The best thing about my job was management had a "hands off" approach.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to build and maintain great relationships with clients , many of whom became good friends.
Great place to work with a great chance for advancement
Wire Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2015
Stifel Nicolaus is a great place to work with many opportunities and chances for advancement. They treated me very well while I was there.
A great place to work and learn technical aspects of trading
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2014
My typical day is always busy. I learn more everyday while I'm performing my job assignment. My management is always there to assist and encourage job proficiency and efficiency. My co-workers are fun to work with and make my day go fast. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to resolve every crisis. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in the downtown business area of St. Louis.