Stifel Nicolaus Employee Reviews in United States

A Really Quiet Place
Market Data Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
I love the company, however, my current manager is unkind and it's difficult to get the normal job function done wondering the next time an explosion will occur. Wish I could stay longer as I like the firm and its values but there is always a chance that one person could stand in your way of true happiness in your career.
Pros
Free soda, covered parking (@$70/month)
Cons
Not great health insurance, expensive and it doesn't cover much
Pretty good place to work!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2016
Mostly, I liked the people I worked with! However, the finance industry isn't for everyone. I learned a lot about myself. I loved working with my clients and I will miss them the most. But, reporting to a variety of advisors can be the most difficult part because everyone has their own set of expectations. It's hard to conform to all of the advisors, the clients and yourself.
Great Company - Operations departments vary
Operations New Accounts Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2015
Log on to the computer, work daily reports, open accounts, review account opening documents, and work on data governance projects. Co workers are decent, direct management has a lot to be desired.
Pros
401K, decent upward mobility
Cons
benefits have lots to be desired
The people make this company great!
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  St LouisAugust 9, 2015
My initial reaction to this broker dealer was distorted. After working here and seeing what the CEO is doing, I'm extremely excited to be apart of something great!
Pros
Micro management free
Cons
Wish pay were more in line with other broker dealers
Was able to run my unit on my terms as long as the numbers were always there.
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2015
The best thing about my job was management had a "hands off" approach.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to build and maintain great relationships with clients , many of whom became good friends.
A great place to work and learn technical aspects of trading
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2014
My typical day is always busy. I learn more everyday while I'm performing my job assignment. My management is always there to assist and encourage job proficiency and efficiency. My co-workers are fun to work with and make my day go fast. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to resolve every crisis. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in the downtown business area of St. Louis.
Had input to types of commincation offered to clients
Marketing Software Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 28, 2013
Daily inventory of which clients required professional letters regarding their personal accounts, who required personal letters and generated these letters and mailed. Worked in compliance with the firm officers. Answered questions for customers who called or came into office. Coordinated with the financial advisor, any special correspondence needed for the week and month.
Great opportunity to get your foot in the door and expand your relations network.
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 23, 2013
As a intern I organized individual broker accounts increasing office productivity, and created recruitment files through MS Excel. I learned about financial services and different financial advising strategies. My co-workers were much more experienced and did not hesitate to help me no matter what. The hardest part of my job was the lack of direction. This encouraged me to become more independent and develop strong decision making skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was the one on one meetings with one of the workers who took me under his wing to give me industry tips.
Pros
free lunches, great people
Cons
very monotonous
Challenging role but seeded interest and passion for industry
Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2013
Typical day at work: creating and updating client pitches, conducting financial modeling, comparable/benchmarking analysis, and industry research for IPO/M&A pitchbooks

What you learned: developed strong interest and began building domain expertise in the covered sector

Management: limited direction on projects, but helped developed ability to think critically and autonomously

Co-workers: willing to help and easy to get along with

Hardest part of the job: workload

Most enjoyable part of the job: learning about the industry, traveling on roadshows with c-level management
A challenging work environment
Registered Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 14, 2013
I work very hard for the clients and the brokers. I always make the client feel like they are the only one I am working with, I do not rush them when they have questions or concerns. I always remember that it is the clients money and they have worked hard for it. I am very professional with the brokers by offering suggestions and have extensive experience dealing with Insurance and Annuity companies. I enjoy the marketing aspect of the job, meeting new potential clients. I do not have a typical day of work. Working with (4) brokers and hundreds a clients, they dictate my day. So I rarely have a dull day. The hardest part of my job is keeping all the balls in the air and making sure nothing falls through the cracks. I also cross train employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no advancement
Productive and welcoming place to learn and grow
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 28, 2013
Colleagues are very helpful and willing to share the knowledge that they have. This is a warm work atmosphere where all employees say hi and celebrate the good days and bad with each other, and management is very understanding and flexible with your daily needs.
Unfortunately, compensation is low and advancement does not happen quickly.
Internship: great environment and learning experience
Broker Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2013
*Posted stock prices and analyzed market movers
*Researched current events
*Entered bond market orders into Bloomberg system
*Great professional management. Great team.
*Data entry into excel spreadsheets.
Pros
great environment, great co-workers and managers.
Great place to work with a great chance for advancement
Wire Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2015
Stifel Nicolaus is a great place to work with many opportunities and chances for advancement. They treated me very well while I was there.
A great place to work
Consulting Services-Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2013
At Stifel, I found everyone from the mail room to the head of my department open, kind, and approachable. Additionally, I had many chances to work with higher level employees and increase my responsibility and workload.
Middle Market structured broker dealer
Fixed Income Trading Desk, Vice-President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Middle Market structured broker dealer. Firm is based in St Louis with a lot of satellite offices - this gives employees the opportunity to work anywhere in the country remotely.
Excellent Customer Service Environment
Executive Assistant/Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 7, 2012
I enjoyed being part of the team that supported our brokers and clients.
good benefits
Receptionist/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 7, 2013
motivated business, busy environment, each broker is a business of his own
Pros
wholesaler lunches
Cons
inconsistancies
A great place to work
processor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2013
a great place to work with nice co-workers. Lot expected from you but rewards are great
Pros
good compensation
Cons
high stress