Stillwater Medical Center

Stillwater Medical Center Employee Reviews

Team oriented patient centered orgainzation from the bottom to the top
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee), Stillwater OklahomaMay 5, 2015
I loved working with the staff at SMC. The departments, staff and physicians work together for patient safety and satisfaction. I would highly recommend this place!
Enjoyed my time there
ER Nurse Extern/Tech (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2015
Takes a little time to get "in" with the regulars. Nurses tend to be master delegators. Cafeteria is not open for night shifters.
Graduate Clinician
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 30, 2015
SMC was a great learning experience with a variety of patients and experiences. I truly enjoyed my time there. The rehab floor is an excellent place to learn about team work and learning a variety of disciplines.
Meeting new people.
crew; tray runner (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at the hospital and meeting new people. I would cook on the weekends such as breakfast foods. I would also bring food to patients. Everyone was very friendly there. I only left because I had pregnancy complications.
Fun and interesting
Safety Director/Certified Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKNovember 12, 2014
Watching patients heal was rewarding. A lot of interaction with patients from many cultures and backgrounds. A great way to expand your knowledge of different people and their approach to medical care. Great opportunities to have teaching moments with patients and staff. Staff at the hospital was wonderful.
Happy and Fun
Nutrition Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free food every other weekend
Cons: short breaks
Everyone is always happy and wanting to work also there lot opportune to advance. also the benfits are great!!
Very fast paced high volume job. Enjoyed but did not get any breaks.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful pay and benefits, enjoyed my coworkers and all the various patients.
Cons: there were never any breaks during my shift, and it was hard to even get to go to the restroom.
Input and updated patient health/personal information into our system. Generated paperwork and obtained patient signatures for both outpatients and inpatients. Explained our HIPPA laws and Medical Bill of Rights. Collected payments and answered billing questions. Routed patients to appropriate designated areas.
Excellent Ethics
Physician Billing Manager (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJuly 13, 2014
SMC has taken the Commitment to Excellence to a new level. Excellent place to work.
Great place with great people
Linen/Materials Technician (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaDecember 19, 2013
Pros: security, co-workers
This was truly a great job. The management was great and co-workers were really nice to work with. Also, supplying the different department with medical supplies in order to maximize patient care was very gratifying. I'd recommend this job to anyone.
loved it
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKNovember 2, 2013
made it easy to be a mom and work
nice people
friendly enviroment
Fun place to work. Great co-workers
CNA Post-OP Surgery (Former Employee), stillwater,okAugust 14, 2013
caring for patients, friendly co-worker always willing to help those in need.
productive work day
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches, meeting new people
A typical day at work involves meeting new people by delivering trays as well as getting to know the nursing staff. I've learned that patients in hospitals are friendly and enjoy conversation. Management is friendly and respectable. My co-workers are college students somewhat and they enjoy this job because it is a laid back job with no yelling. There is no hard part of my job, I clean, cook and deliver patient trays.
Excellent
❸ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Stillwater, OklahomaMay 23, 2013
This was a wonderful job. At the time I left I decided to stay home with my son for a while, and ended up going back to College. I enjoyed working the patients very well.
lots of hardworking people
RN PRN (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 1, 2013
Pros: prn
Cons: prn
Enjoyed my co-workers, management was extremly helpful. Dr. were good and nice. Most enjoyable part of job was co-workers and it was PRN
Great experienced nurses
RN in Resource Pool/Relief Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 12, 2013
Wonderful Supervisors, staff and personnel that is committed to excellence