Stillwater Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive and an amazing place to work with friendly people and staff
Environmental Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 15, 2017
Some days can be stressful because of how busy the hospital could be, but that is when people would normally pull together so we could get the job done.
I learned how to properly clean and make the environment safe for the guest and patients as well as other coworkers.
Management is good but in some places could use a little work to make it great.
The hardest part of the job can be the busy days when you fill as if nothing is getting done the way you want it to.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around all the people. Everyone has amazing personalities and is always there for one another.
Challenging atmosphere
Post Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 4, 2017
Nursing management allowed cliques to form and thrive, thus causing an unhealthy work atmosphere. The patient care was affected negatively. I was able to gain knowledge and valuable experience that I will be able to take with me and apply to future positions.
Worked nights for 7 years
Respiratory Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 2, 2016
Worked with great staff for 7 years. Received my BSHA during my work there. management would not allow me to move from night shift to day shift when opening occurred.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No advancement possible
good experiance
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 25, 2017
i was only able to be there a year but it was an amazing year. I went in with no experience and they trained me on the clock and were extremely patient with me while learning
Pros
good learning experiance
Cons
not everyone in the world is honest
Productive and fun place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 3, 2016
With nursing you have ups and downs but that comes with almost any job out there. I love getting to interact and take care of all of my patients. I am a huge people person and love to care for others.
Good Company
PRN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2016
This was a good company to work for. Their facility was always really clean and the nurses were always ready and willing to help patients.
great family
office (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 24, 2016
I came to work for SMC and thought it could be a good short term transition job because the job I had was downsizing so I thought I would give SMC a try. Happy I did and more than 5 years later, I am proud of my workplace.

I am not clinical, but the care and compassion that the clinical staff gives to their patients, the patients families and co workers is unprecedented.

It is a pleasure to work here and feel like we are all one big family. Admin is fair and caring and they strive to do what is best for employees and community.

Proud to be SMC!!!
Pros
great culture -wonderful place to work
Great people
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2016
There was a lot of great people I worked with. My leaders were wonderful in teaching team efforts which has stuck with me the past few years after. very busy environment because it was food so it was all go all day but very beneficial in what I learned.
Pros
great people
Cons
not so great pay
Change in management
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 13, 2015
A poor establishment to work in. New management wanted to hire her new staff, so many of us were let go. I love the hospital itself, but to be let go because of poor communication in management wasn't good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Disappointing place to work.
Compliance Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 8, 2015
Difficult to learn new role - supervisor/department head didn't even know how to do the tasks.

Team members were not motivated - showed up late, left early, and there were no consequences. Frustrating for employees that are there when expected and get stuck doing more work.

I did enjoy that I was able to make the job my own. I was able to streamline process and gain efficiencies.
Pros
Food was awesome in cafeteria and employees received small discount.
Cons
No support from management, quick to use and then get rid of good employees.
EAP Director
Employee Assistance Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 16, 2015
Management of internal and external EAP programs, supervision and coordination of all EAP functions. Counsel, coach and collaborated with CEO's manager and employees regarding work place issues. Active in community service networking, meetings and speaker engagements.
Pros
Work independently to develop program
Cons
Very fast paced high volume job. Enjoyed but did not get any breaks.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 20, 2014
Input and updated patient health/personal information into our system. Generated paperwork and obtained patient signatures for both outpatients and inpatients. Explained our HIPPA laws and Medical Bill of Rights. Collected payments and answered billing questions. Routed patients to appropriate designated areas.
Pros
Wonderful pay and benefits, enjoyed my coworkers and all the various patients.
Cons
There were never any breaks during my shift, and it was hard to even get to go to the restroom.
productive work day
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 16, 2013
A typical day at work involves meeting new people by delivering trays as well as getting to know the nursing staff. I've learned that patients in hospitals are friendly and enjoy conversation. Management is friendly and respectable. My co-workers are college students somewhat and they enjoy this job because it is a laid back job with no yelling. There is no hard part of my job, I clean, cook and deliver patient trays.
Pros
free lunches, meeting new people
Fun and interesting
Safety Director/Certified Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 12, 2014
Watching patients heal was rewarding. A lot of interaction with patients from many cultures and backgrounds. A great way to expand your knowledge of different people and their approach to medical care. Great opportunities to have teaching moments with patients and staff. Staff at the hospital was wonderful.
Great place with great people
Linen/Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OklahomaDecember 19, 2013
This was truly a great job. The management was great and co-workers were really nice to work with. Also, supplying the different department with medical supplies in order to maximize patient care was very gratifying. I'd recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Security, co-workers
Okay to work for
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 16, 2015
Productive, busy doing all duties, co-workers okay to work along with, special reward gifts to workers on special occasions
Pros
SPECIAL REWARD GIFTS/MEALS ON CERTAIN OCCASIONS
Cons
HAVING TO WORK WITH IRRITABLE CO-WORKERS
lots of hardworking people
RN PRN (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 1, 2013
Enjoyed my co-workers, management was extremly helpful. Dr. were good and nice. Most enjoyable part of job was co-workers and it was PRN
Pros
prn
Cons
prn
Team oriented patient centered orgainzation from the bottom to the top
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Stillwater OklahomaMay 5, 2015
I loved working with the staff at SMC. The departments, staff and physicians work together for patient safety and satisfaction. I would highly recommend this place!
Graduate Clinician
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 30, 2015
SMC was a great learning experience with a variety of patients and experiences. I truly enjoyed my time there. The rehab floor is an excellent place to learn about team work and learning a variety of disciplines.
Meeting new people.
crew; tray runner (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at the hospital and meeting new people. I would cook on the weekends such as breakfast foods. I would also bring food to patients. Everyone was very friendly there. I only left because I had pregnancy complications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stillwater Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3