Stillwater Medical Group

Stillwater Medical Group Employee Reviews

Fast pace and social environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: working with pediatric patient's is a wonderful feeling, my doctor was a friendly and easy doctor to work with.
Cons: unknown breaks due to long office visit with doctor and patients.
A typical day would be coming in to work and checking the schedule and preparing what's needed for patients. Giving out immunizations and injections for pediatric patients. Also, receiving and making calls out to patient's parents with lab results and/or doctor's message. At the end of the day I would prep and clean the rooms and going through the next day schedule to make sure no labs needs to be order before patient arrives.
Worst place to work
Provider Assist (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Co-workers were stuck up and not willing to help out as team players. With new employees, they didn't have a good training program just threw you to the ducks and said do it and do it right. Even when asked to train more they refused.
Pushy employer
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great fellow coworkers, pts are nice
Cons: quick lunch breaks with no other breaks available
I was fresh out of school when I was hired. I learned a lot and the providers are all great. All the co-workers are great as well. The turnover is high for all employees including managers. In the 4 years I had 5 managers and long gaps with no managers. You are not valued and the pay and benefits are low compared to other clinics. You are pushed to unreachable goals. There is no ability to move up.
Management was lacking in leadership
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Stillwater,MNOctober 16, 2014
I loved my patients. It had potential to be a really good place to work, but they miss the bar with employee satisfaction.
Fun and up beat work place
Phlebotomist (Casual) (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNApril 27, 2013
SMG was an awesome place of employment! They worked with your personal schedule as much as possible and were family oriented. It was an upbeat place to work. You got to know the patients that came into the lab, but you didn't spend a lot of time with one patient. Not only were you a phlebotomist, you performed EKG's, spirometries, and drug testing.
Not the best place to work any longer
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNDecember 30, 2012
Pros: good patient care
Cons: new managements treatment to employees
I loved my job as a Certified Medical Assistant at Stillwater Medical Group, working in the OBGYN department.
I would arrive 30-60 mins before we were to start seeing patients. That would give me time to set up rooms, check our schedule and make follow-up phone calls to patients.
I learned how to work independently and as a team with my co-workers. My co-workers were all great and we all got along like a family.
New management took over a few months before I left. They came in hard and strong, making several tramatic changes in the department.
The hardest part of the job came to be all the changes. They were very blunt, quick and hurtful.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the wonderful patients, nurses and doctors I worked with.