Stillwater Medical Group Employee Reviews

LPN (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Fast paced, family medicine clinic. Working with various patients with diverse backgrounds. Great place to learn to work with electronic medical records.
Expectations unrealistic, no support
Advanced practice provider (Former Employee) –  clinicSeptember 4, 2015
This was the worst job I ever had. I explained that I my back ground was narrow focused & I had not worked in general internal medicine previously. They didnt seem to believe me. The help/orientation i was told I would get disappeared after 2 weeks. Any questions or help I needed after that was met with impatience by my peers & interpreted as "struggling" by the supervising physician. Their expectation was that I would hit the ground running. Needless to day it was a disaster for me.
Pros
Cons
see above
Productive and easy to learn from staff
CMA, Depression case Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMay 28, 2015
Learned quite a bit from the physicians. People were quite easy to work with. I have helpful co-workers. Atypical day at work is reviewing my work day and colaborating with physicians and nursing staff on patient care. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the difference in the lives of my patients.
Pros
Easy to get time off when needed
Cons
Management was inconsisitant
Not the best place to work any longer
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNDecember 30, 2012
I loved my job as a Certified Medical Assistant at Stillwater Medical Group, working in the OBGYN department.
I would arrive 30-60 mins before we were to start seeing patients. That would give me time to set up rooms, check our schedule and make follow-up phone calls to patients.
I learned how to work independently and as a team with my co-workers. My co-workers were all great and we all got along like a family.
New management took over a few months before I left. They came in hard and strong, making several tramatic changes in the department.
The hardest part of the job came to be all the changes. They were very blunt, quick and hurtful.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the wonderful patients, nurses and doctors I worked with.
Pros
good patient care
Cons
new managements treatment to employees
Pushy employer
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNDecember 2, 2014
I was fresh out of school when I was hired. I learned a lot and the providers are all great. All the co-workers are great as well. The turnover is high for all employees including managers. In the 4 years I had 5 managers and long gaps with no managers. You are not valued and the pay and benefits are low compared to other clinics. You are pushed to unreachable goals. There is no ability to move up.
Pros
Great fellow coworkers, pts are nice
Cons
Quick lunch breaks with no other breaks available
Fast pace and social environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day would be coming in to work and checking the schedule and preparing what's needed for patients. Giving out immunizations and injections for pediatric patients. Also, receiving and making calls out to patient's parents with lab results and/or doctor's message. At the end of the day I would prep and clean the rooms and going through the next day schedule to make sure no labs needs to be order before patient arrives.
Pros
Working with pediatric patient's is a wonderful feeling, my doctor was a friendly and easy doctor to work with.
Cons
Unknown breaks due to long office visit with doctor and patients.
Worst place to work
Provider Assist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Co-workers were stuck up and not willing to help out as team players. With new employees, they didn't have a good training program just threw you to the ducks and said do it and do it right. Even when asked to train more they refused.
Fun and up beat work place
Phlebotomist (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 27, 2013
SMG was an awesome place of employment! They worked with your personal schedule as much as possible and were family oriented. It was an upbeat place to work. You got to know the patients that came into the lab, but you didn't spend a lot of time with one patient. Not only were you a phlebotomist, you performed EKG's, spirometries, and drug testing.

2.6